Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Bleach Drabbles ❯ Blush ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing: Shuuhei/Toshiro
Prompt: Blush
For: DragonAceSg7
Toshiro awoke very slowly, his body felt heavy and wonderfully warm but that in itself was over ridden by the feeling of something shifting softly through his snowy white strands, kneading against his scalp gently. It was such a rare and welcome sensation, his brain still foggy from sleep but the combination of such a tender touch and the luxurious warmth that surrounded him made him hum softly in approval before shifting closer to the source of that heat.
It took him a good few minutes to register that the heat he was actively seeking out and the gentle touches were coming from a person. That was when he heard a soft sigh coming from above him and he all but tried to leap out of the bed startled by someone's presence in what he assumed to be his quarters in the tenth division. He felt something pull almost painfully tight around his wrist, scraping at the skin right before he tumbled backwards with the force of the motion. What he expected to be a hard landing was instead buffered as two bands of steel closed around him before he hit the cushioned floor pad. Toshiro shivered at the feel of those strong arms embracing him, their warmth seeping through the cotton of his uniform.
He took a deep calming breath, his heart slowly easing from its rapid staccato rhythm and he turned his head to look up at whoever had a hold of him. He was greeted by the sight of dark messy spikes, lightly tanned skin adorned with three vertical scars traversing the man's right eye and a very familiar band bridging the dark haired mans nose with the figures six and nine beneath - Hisagi Shuuhei.
But what was the fukutaicho of the ninth division doing in his quarters?
Toshiro felt his heart pick up again as he stared into dark orbs, he could feel heat rising to his cheeks at the proximity of the taller man. The fact that he was settled quite contentedly on his futon, those strong arms curled around his smaller frame. It started a fluttering sensation deep in his stomach as heat tried to flood his cheeks. He turned away from that sharp gaze and took the opportunity to look down at his wrist, raising the appendage into the pre-dawn light filtering in from the window. What he found was that as he moved his arm Hisagi's followed suit, a cold metal band connected by a strong chain was looped around both their wrists.
He turned inquiring eyes up to the, so far, silent fukutaicho and the quirk of his brow seemed to cause the other mans lip to twitch subtly as if he was restraining the urge to smile. When Hisagi spoke his voice was rough from sleep, “Ran-Matsumoto-san.” Toshiro nodded once in response as he let his breath out on a sigh as his eyes shifted away from the dark haired mans gaze. Matsumoto had persuaded him to attend the party she was throwing for his birthday, there had been lot's of sake, not exactly unusual for his fukutaicho, a number of their colleague's happily imbibing said drink - but he couldn't remember how he had gotten into this predicament.
Toshiro eyes snapped up once more when Hisagi shifted, cloth brushing against cloth as he sat up tailor style, his voice was deep but quiet in the small quarters, “She...Matsumoto ..she...well she meant well but...ah...” Toshiro watched as Hisagi looked away momentarily, he didn't think anything made this man nervous but it didn't last for long, before he looked back into his own turquoise orbs unerringly and continued, “You got a little drunk Hitsugaya-Taicho.” Toshiro sat silent for a good five minutes absorbing this news and he slowly thought over what he could remember. There were lots of holes in his memory which frustrated him but he did remember a very hazy image of Matsumoto grabbing his wrist and hauling him up before depositing him in Hisagi's lap. His foolish subordinate had been professing that if they both liked each other so much they should just get on with it, before she'd locked them together with the hand cuffs Ayasegawa-san had given him as a gift.
The small captain felt his face turn a rather unappealing shade of cerise and he didn't dare look up at the fukutaicho sat in front of him, wanting nothing more to crawl back into the oblivion he'd fallen into late the previous evening. What he got instead was a warm calloused fingertip's, running along the skin at the nape of his neck, drawing firm circles in the tense muscles. He felt his body come alive with just that single touch, heat coursing through his veins as those fluttering sensations erupted in his lower abdomen. He chanced a look over at Hisagi from under pale lashes to see a grin turning the corners of his lips. He wasn't sure what to say to that face, the man looked as though he was a cat that had caught the canary.
Toshiro pushed his emotions down, feeling the heat on his cheeks decrease as he turned a cool stare over at the amused man. He watched Hisagi closely before speaking, “What is so funny fukutaicho?” He was getting rather annoyed with the other man but was shocked again when instead of responding he was dragged quite forcibly into the others lap, a firm hand at the base of his spine holding him in place as he tried to scramble away. His anger was simmering to a boil just under his skin, and he all but growled, “Hisagi!”
He heard the other man chuckle softly and it sent warm breath ghosting across the skin of his neck before the words that followed sunk in, “You are damn sexy when you're angry Taicho.” He felt his whole body heat at that statement and his anger was momentarily forgotten as he felt a flush swamp his face, no one had ever told him that before. When Hisagi pulled back Toshiro was still staring at him with wide eyes, lips slightly parted and though he heard Hisagi's next words he couldn't formulate a reply, “Can I give you your birthday present Hitsugaya-Taicho?” His normally sharp mind was being overcome with the presence of this man, his warmth, touch, voice it left his mind oddly silent and it was... nice.
He nodded robotically in response and he was rewarded from that single action with more of that delicious heat, but rather than more of those ministering hands he felt a warm breath slip over his tongue as Hisagi leant in and pressed his lips chastely to his own. They were slightly dry, but supple and soft, and they fit so perfectly against his own that he felt his eyes shut involuntarily. When Hisagi pulled away without deepening the kiss Toshiro almost whimpered at the loss but restrained the impulse, not wanting to give the other anymore of an advantage over him. When his heavy lids finally opened to stare into hooded eyes he gave the smallest curl of his lip to see that Hisagi's cheeks had tinted a soft rosy hue.
He spoke softly to the other man as he eyed him appreciatively, “Hm. Looks like I'm not the only one Shuuhei.”