Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Minutes to Midnight ❯ Hide and Seek ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Hide and Seek
Characters: Gin, Ichigo, mentions of others
Rating: K+
Warning: None
Words: 428
Description: “Methinks someone hath a crush.”
 
“What're ya doin'?”
 
A hint of embarrassment tinted Ichigo's cheeks as he sat up on the couch. “Hiding.”
 
Gin made a point of turning around and looking at everything before he added, “In my room?”
 
Rubbing the back of his head as the blush fought a fine war on his face, Ichigo nodded. “It was the only place he wouldn't look, other than Tousen's room, and I wasn't going there.”
 
“Who?”
 
There was an exaggerated sigh and then…
 
“That pink-haired guy,” Ichigo nearly whispered and then looked around. As if by speaking about him, the eighth Espada would leap out of the white walls and scream “ah-ha!”
 
Gin tucked his hands into his sleeves, tilting his head to the side. “Sya-chan?”
 
“He keeps asking about Ishida!” Ichigo explained, throwing up his hands for emphasis. A noise of exaggeration fell from his lips. “He won't leave me alone.”
 
The former captain's grin widened in amusement. “Methinks someone hath a crush.”
 
Ichigo shook his head as a full body shudder ran through him. “It wouldn't surprise me.” Then, seeming to remember where he was, he peered at Gin. “You don't... mind, do you?”
 
“Ichigo-kun's welcome in my room anytime,” Gin chirped.
 
“Uh... thanks.” He glanced around, realizing that Gin had probably returned to here for a reason. “Do you need me to leave or something?”
 
“Nope!”
 
Brown eyes shifted to the taller man, brow furrowing in a vague sort of realization. “Why? Were you looking for me or something?”
 
Gin's face split into a bigger grin. “O'course. Ya owe me a sparrin' match.”
 
He had nearly forgotten about that. It was... what? Two weeks ago when Ichigo had been given that confusing tour? And had Gin known to look for him here or had he simply been returning to his room?
 
“How did you know I was here?”
 
Gin chuckled, coming closer to him. “I just thought of the last place Ichigo-kun would be. And then, I guessed since ya weren't with Grimm-chan.”
 
“Good guess.”
 
“Yep!”
 
Somehow, Ichigo had the sneaking suspicion that Gin had been searching for a little longer than he implied. Their growing friendship was not unknown to him.
 
He shifted on the couch. “So... a spar?”
 
Gin inclined his head, interest creeping into his tone. “I wanna see yer mask.”
 
Rising from the couch, Ichigo reached for Zangetsu, who he had leaned on the nearby wall. In a moment, his zanpakutou was secured to his back.
 
“Okay. I'm game.”
 
And just like that, Gin's smile became a touch more sincere.
 
*****