Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Minutes to Midnight ❯ The Right Moves ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: The Right Moves
Characters: Gin, Ichigo
Rating: T
Warning: None
Words: 452
Description: Evil always gets the best stuff.
 
 
“I'm bored.”
 
The words slithered through the room and traveled to Gin's ears, causing him to look up in surprise. His newest friend was lying on his back on the floor, arms all akimbo and staring up at the ceiling. It was a strange position for Ichigo and Gin couldn't help but raise a brow.
 
“Bored?” he repeated.
 
Ichigo nodded, head making tiny ticks against the polished floor. He lifted his hands, staring at them as he ticked off words on his fingers. “I've already sparred today, kicking Grimmjow's ass has gotten old, and Ulquiorra's too stuck-up to give me good fight. Dinner isn't for another few hours. I read all the Shounen Jump you gave me, and I really, really don't want to practice kidoh right now.”
 
“I have an idea,” Gin suggested, rising to his feet and standing over the sprawled teen. “Wanna hear it?”
 
Brown eyes rolled up towards him, somewhat skeptical. “What is it?” he asked suspiciously.
 
Gin snickered. “We could play DDR!”
 
Ichigo groaned and knocked his head against the floor again. “You actually have a Playstation?”
 
“Of course!” Gin chirped as he wandered over to his entertainment center and selected the game from a stack. He moseyed back to Ichigo, dropping the case on the teen's belly. “See?”
 
The boy's hand dropped to the case and tilted it up towards him. Moments later, his eyes widened in surprise. Ichigo jerked upwards, sitting up in a manner of seconds. He stared in awe at the game in his hands.
 
“How did you get this?” Ichigo demanded, blinking as he cracked open the case and pulled out the disc, examining it carefully. “It's the special edition! It was only released in two countries… with only twenty copies!” His voice was getting rather high at this point as he shifted his eyes up towards Gin.
 
The former captain chuckled. “I stole it,” he said in an amused tone, grinning widely.
 
Ichigo's reaction was priceless.
 
“Evil, remember?”
 
Ichigo sighed, holding the disc rather longingly. “Evil always gets the best stuff.”
 
“Wanna play?” Gin asked, picking his way across the floor to his entertainment cabinet and swinging it open, revealing the TV and system within. Next to it were two folded playing mats, fully ready for use.
 
The teenager was on his feet in seconds, moving to put the disc in the player. Then, seeming to realize his excitement, Ichigo paused before he even closed the lid and turned to look at Gin. His gaze was hard and warning.
 
“No laughing,” he ordered, as though sensing the smile on his friend's face. “Don't tell anyone either. Especially not Grimmjow.”
 
Gin shrugged. “If you say so, Ichigo-kun. Now, let's play.”
 
“You're on.”
 
- - - - -