Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Minutes to Midnight ❯ Cerise ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Cerise
Pairings: Gin/Ichigo
Rating: T
Warning: Implied Yaoi
Words: 506
Description: His first glimpse had been entirely accidental, Ichigo was sure. But in the end, it might have sealed his fate.
 
 
Vivid and bright. Very nearly glowing and absolutely luminescent. A color that shone, like the sun through stained glass on a warm spring day. Liquid amber splashed with cerise.
 
That had been Ichigo's first impression when he caught a glimpse of Gin's eyes. He had grown used to seeing his new friend constantly concealing the sensitive irises, lids slitted. It seemed anytime he wanted to open them further, he would look away, as if ashamed of their shade.
 
His first glimpse had been entirely accidental. Ichigo was sure of it.
 
They had been in Ichigo's room, talking about something and generally lounging around. Gin had fallen asleep on the couch, and Ichigo had let him. It wasn't long after that his friend had twitched in an unusual fashion, his face taking on shadows of pain even in sleep.
 
Ichigo couldn't help but wonder what Gin had been suffering. When it became obvious that the dream… no, nightmare was getting worse, Ichigo had resolved to wake him. He wouldn't want to linger in the things that haunted his sleep either. After all, in the dead of night, he sometimes saw the things Soul Society had planned to do to him and those he cared about.
 
It never ceased to fill him with the slow burn of anger, seething and growing beneath the surface. Deepening hatred until the moment he could show them his wrath.
 
He had gently placed his hands on Gin's shoulders, shaking him carefully and calling his name. Gin's eyes had popped open in his surprise, focusing instantly on Ichigo hovering over him.
 
Ichigo had nearly been taken by surprise himself, catching the first glimpse. His initial thought had been how beautiful they were and then how very pained. The brief glance he had received before Gin shuttered them closed once more had revealed all of Gin's emotions in their entirety.
 
He was hurting from something, an old pain by the looks of it. A wound that had never been healed. Only covered in the hopes that eventually it could be forgotten.
 
His offer to listen had surprised even himself, and even though Gin didn't take him up on it, he could see the relief in his friend's eyes.
 
Still, that brief glance had lingered in Ichigo's mind. He wondered what could have happened for his friend to be in such pain.
 
He remembered thinking that he wanted a glimpse of those eyes again. And every time afterward when he caught the barest hint of luminescent amber, it made something inside of him warm. Maybe that was when he first started falling for his friend.
 
He knew Gin was starting to trust him when the former captain didn't turn away after opening his eyes. When he allowed brown to meet red.
 
The words were always on the tip of his tongue, to tell his friend and now lover just how beautiful his eyes were. But then, he realized that somehow Gin already knew. And he supposed that was good enough.
 
- - - - -