Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Tempests of the Heart ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Tempests of the Heart, Epilogue COMPLETE
Author: blue_crystal_9
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Eventual Hitsugaya/Hinamori, Kira/Hinamori
Spoilers: Anything up to episode 62 at this point.
Warnings: Innuendo, swearing.
Summary: It is years after the betrayal of Soul Society. Hinamori's finally beginning to move on with her life, and with that comes much change. Can Hitsugaya handle these changes?
Disclaimer: I do not own Beach; Tite Kubo does. I am not making any profit from this; it is for entertainment purposes only.
Author's Notes: If you clicked this, make sure you read chapter 10, because pretty much everything happens in that chapter. This is just a conclusion, a wrap up of sorts, which I felt was necessary to conclude the fic. I would have posted it later on, but since I'm off to university in two days (*gulp*), I had to post it in the same post/on the same day as chapter ten.
 
 
Tempests of the Heart
Epilogue
 
_____________________________
 
It was strange, at first, for Hinamori to pass Kira in the hallways or see him at work and try to act like everything was completely fine. It took a long time for the awkwardness between them to pass, but eventually it did. And eventually he did find someone else, someone else to love like he had loved her, someone who loved him like he wanted to be loved. Hinamori had been happy for him; glad that he hadn't stayed and pined over her, because that was not what she had wanted. She wanted him to be happy, as happy as she was.
 
And she was happy. Happier than she thought she could ever be, especially after what Aizen had done to her. It wasn't like she still didn't have those `dark days' of hers; she did, but they seemed easier to bear now, with Hitsugaya there. He had always been there, on the outside, but now he was with her in her heart as well. And that was what truly made the difference.
 
He had loved her unfailingly, without limitations or bounds, and he still did. She could feel it in every touch, every kiss, and could hear it in every word he spoke to her. She just hoped one day that she could measure up to him; that her love could be worth what his was to her.
 
They had been through so many things; through wars and fighting and pain. They had come out weathered and beaten, but they had survived.
 
They would continue to survive. Together.
 
 
_____________________________
 
`Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose Worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
'
 
-`Sonnet 116' by William Shakespeare
 
_____________________________
 
The End.
 
Author's Notes: Wow, I can't believe it's over. ;_; This is the longest thing I've ever written, and the first multi-chapter fic I've written in three years. I think there are some parts of this I would like to rewrite at some point, as I wasn't entirely happy with some of it, but that won't happen for a while.
 
Also, you probably noticed I have Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 at the end. That was where I got the idea for the title, which is where I first heard the word tempest. I always thought it was an interesting word, and I'm glad I got to use it. And Sonnet 116 is my favourite Shakespeare piece, and I thought it was appropriate to put it at the end. ;)
 
I want to thank all of you for sticking with this and reading and commenting. Thank you so much for all of the encouragement, it helps so much. :3 And also, thank you to Chelsea for beta-ing and putting up with the copious amounts of ridiculously long fanfic being shoved on her at random intervals. :P
 
Thanks again, guys and I hope you enjoyed the fic. :D