Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Unlike Uryuu ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Uryuu tossed and turned, there was no way he was going to be able to sleep tonight. After everything that had happened in the Soul Society, he had gotten used to, even enjoyed the company of a certain orange haired companion. Uryuu rolloed over on his back and his eyes flew open with frustration.
'Why the hell can't I stop thinking about this?' He looked at the clock. Four A.M. Uryuu took the pillow from behind his head and threw it over his face.
'I have to leave in three hours. Damnit! I need to sleep, there's no way I can function tomorrow without sleep for two days in a row.' Uryuu was only fooling himself. Inside, he knew that there was no way he was going to fuction anyway, not with these thoughts constantly running through his mind.
'“Don't touch Ishida!” Ichigo had said as he protected me from the bounto after I had lost my powers. He had always protected me when I was completely useless and injured. He had actually... cared...' Uryuu's body shivered at the idea that Ichigo may have actually cared about him.
“Ichigo...” He whispered as he finally fell asleep.
Next thing he knows, he's slowly opening his eyes to sunlight beaming through his window and then reaching over to stop the annoying buzzing of the alarm clock before he decided to brake it.
“NINE 'O CLOCK?!” Uryuu dropped the alarm clock, jumped out of bed and scrambled to get ready.
'How did I sleep two and a half hours with the alarm clock buzzing?'
He got dressed, grabbed his things, and ran out the door.
His dark hair was whipping wildly as he ran to school. All his thoughts were once again focused on Ichigo, the others, and the time they spent in the soul society. And then they focussed on Ichigo alone. How he wanted to run his fingers through that mop of orange hair, how he wanted to touch his lips...
Before he knew it he was opening the door to his classroom.
“Nice of you to join us Ishida. Take your seat.” The teacher gestured toward the seat next to the wall.
Ichigo straightened up at the mention of Uryuu's name, looking him directly in the eyes. He turned his head down and watched the floor as he walked to his seat. He sat down and began unloading his bag.
“THAT'S GREAT!” Uryuu turned his head toward Orihime, who had just jumped out of her seat and shouted to the top of her voice. She was sitting behind Ichigo, who was now trying hush her.
“Inoue! Is there something that you'd like to share?” The teacher asked, irritability clearly heard in her voice.
Orihime giggled. “There sure is! There's gonna be a party at Chizuru's house this Friday. You're all welcome to come! Wow, that was a lot easier than whispering to the whole class individually.” She sat down and continued talking with Ichigo. Uryuu strained to hear what was being said, finding himself hoping to hear something, anything about himself.
'Why was she so excited?' he asked himself... and then his heart sank. 'Of course, he just agreed to go with her to Chizuru's party.' Wait... why was this bothering him so much? He wasn't gay, he was actually thinking about asking Orihime out. But that was a long time ago...and... 'and Damnit! Things change!' He couldn't stop thinking about him...
He could hear him saying his name...
“Ishida...”
His sweet voice echoing in his head...
“Ishida!”
“Oh... uh... what is it Kurosaki?”
“Just thought I'd snap you out of whatever trance you were in, it's time to break for lunch.”
“Are you serious?” Uryuu looked at the clock... sure enough, it was already 11:45. Was he really out of it for that long? And thinking about... no, there's no way. Now he had a headache. He looked up at a Ichigo's blurry form, and reached for his glasses to clean them.
“Hey... didn't think you'd be the type to want to fit in. What's up with the contacts?” Ichigo furrowed his brow and gave him a strange look. Uryuu packed his things, got out of his seat, and punched the wall hard, beside of him. Ichigo took a step back.
“Oi! Ishida! What's that all about? That seems like something I would do.”
He rested his head on the wall he punched, holding his throbbing hand in the other.
“I forgot my glasses in my rush to get here...”
Ichigo put his hand on Uryuu's shoulder.
'What is he doing?' Uryuu found himself enjoying the feel of Ichigo's touch... enjoying it too much. He shrugged it off.
“Typical Quincy... too much pride to accept any form of help from a soul reaper.”
He turned and rushed past Ichigo, bumping him hard in the shoulder.
He ran through the hallway and out of the building. He just wanted to be home where he could think... alone. All the way home his mind was running through different fantasies. He wanted so much to be close to him, hold Ichigo, kiss him tenderly on the lips... He let his mind go, and soon realized that he had passed his home by several feet. He turned around and walked inside.
Throwing his books to the side, he went to his room and laid down on his bed, his head was splitting. He placed two fingers on each of his temples and messaged gently.
Removing his hands from his head, he sighed. “This just isn't doing it...” He got out of bed and walked to his dresser, searching until he pulled out a small bottle of Vodka.
With every thought of Ichigo he took a swig, trying to forget his newly found love. This was the first taste of alcohol, and he despised it.
'but... if it gets the job done...' After awhile he began to feel the effects, and after half the bottle was gone, he began to think about him more. He loved him so much, how could this, why would this be happening to him? He started to chug the bottle. No longer able to taste well, the Vodka slid down his throat smoothly. Three fourths of the bottle gone, and he was sobbing.
'Why does it have to be like this? He's going to end up with Orihime, and I'm going to be alone as usual.' His breathing got harder as the tears continued to fall.
“I... can't... be... in... love... with... him...” He gasped as he finished off the bottle and threw it against the wall, shattering it into pieces. He stared at the broken glass on the floor.
'I can't handle this anymore... not this life, not this situation. What if someone finds out? What if HE finds out?' Uryuu walked over and picked up a shard of glass, sat back down on his bed, and winced as he dug deep into his wrist. He watched as blood seeped down his arm. Just as he was about to cut again, there was a knock on the door followed by the sound of it opening.
“Ishida?” Ichigo's voice came from the doorway.
“Shit! What the hell is he doing here?” He quickly got out of bed and went into his bathroom where he cleaned up and quickly bandaged the wound.
“Ishida?” he was getting closer.
Ichigo opened the door to his bedroom and Uryuu rushed to where he was standing, quickly shutting the door. His body was right against Ichigo's and he stumbled sideways to keep them from touching.
“Whada you want Kurosaki?” his voice surprised him... loud, and slightly slurred.
“I wanted to make sure you were okay. Don't make any big deal of it...” Ichigo folded his arms and looked at Uryuu with a slight frown. “You just, didn't seem like yourself.” Ichigo's eyes went from Uryuu's badaged arm to the blood on his shirt. “What the hell happened?”
He quickly tried to hide his arm, but stumbled in the process. Ichigo grabbed a hold of him to keep him from falling. “Are you alright?”
Uryuu pushed himself away from him, stumbling yet again, and finally falling to the floor. Ichigo helped him up and he fell forward, throwing his arms around Ichigo's neck.
“Ishida...? Ishida, have you been drinking?” He lifted Uryuu's arms from his neck and watched as the teen tried his best to back away from him without stumbling.
“No... why you say that?” everything was spinning before his eyes, so he closed them. Darkness made it worse and he collapsed to the floor.
“Damnit Ishida, don't do this! What's wrong? You've been drinking, I can smell it on your breath.” Uryuu continued to lay there, resisting the urge to vomit. He grabbed his head with both hands and squeased hard, turning to his side in the fetal position. Ichigo just stood there, arms crossed, staring down at him with his usual scowl, then sighed. He walked over to Uryuu.
“Come on, lets get you to bed.”
“Don' touch me.”
“I know you don't want to be moved but...”
“Please, Ijigo, don'... don' touch me.”
Ichigo ignored his request and scooped him up, out of the floor. Uryuu felt so secure in Ichigo's strong arms, that he never wanted to be put down. Ichigo nudged open the door to his bedroom, and laid him down. Then he saw it, the piece of glass that he used to cut himself. He picked it up.
“Ishida... you didn't...” Ichigo lifted his friends injured arm, and Uryuu groaned in protest.
“Ijigo, leave. Please, just go away...”He began to unwrap his arm, and saw the deep slash that he had created. Uryuu pulled his arm away.
“Why?”
“Why what?” Uryuu turned his head away from Ichigo, not wanting to see the look on his face.
Ichigo, who had been sitting on the edge of the bed, stood up, frustration shown in every movement.
“What made you do something like this?!”
Uryuu held his stomach with both arms and groaned. He retched, causing Ichigo to jump back.
“I... I fucking love you! Is that wha' you wanna hear?” Everything continued to spin. He was going to vomit, he knew it, but why in front of Ichigo? He'd shown enough weakness already.
“Im... gonna go get you some water...”
“No! Jus' leave. I don' wan' you here.” He couldn't handle the thought of showing him more.
“I want to help you, no, I am going to help you.” and with that he left the room.
Uryuu managed to roll over the edge of the bed and stumbled to the bathroom just as Ichigo returned with the water.
“Oh God...” He rested his forehead on the seat of the toilet and soon felt it coming. He lifted his head up as Ichigo came in and lifted the lid to the toilet. He pulled Uryuu's hair away from his face as the teen began to cough, retch, and finally heave. He continued to heave, his body aching with each strain, and vomited. He did this for several minutes, Ichigo with him all the while, and when he was through, fell back, onto the soul reaper.
“Please...” he panted “I don'... wan' you to see me like this.”
“Too late.” He lifted Uryuu off of him, and carried him back to lay him down. He walked into the bathroom, grabbed the trash can, and set it beside of the bed, then laid down beside of the Quincy.
“Whadare you doing?”
Ichigo lifted up Uryuu's head and laid it on his chest, then, putting his arm around him, pulled him closer. Uryuu lazily laid his arm across Ichigo's toned body and fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ichigo couldn't believe this. Who would've thought? Ishida? Ichigo tried to move off of the bed, but caused Uryuu to groan. He didn't want to cause him anymore pain, so he laid there, and after awhile, fell asleep himself.
It seemed like only seconds later when Ichigo woke to the sound of retching, and looked over to see Uryuu throwing up in the trash can.
“Yep, you're out for the day.” Ichigo said as he folded his arms above his head.
Uryuu finished and wiped his mouth. “Shut up. God, my head is killing me.” He looked at the relaxed Ichigo in his bed. “Wait... what are you doing in my bed?”
Ichigo laughed. “You mean you don't remember?”
“I didn't...” The look on Uryuu's face was one of complete shock.
He laughed harder, “No. All you did was lay you arm across me. Oh... that and tell me you love me.”
His eyes widened.
“Relax... maybe the feelings mutual. I mean, why else would I lie in your bed trying to comfort you while you're drunk off your ass?”
Uryuu looked at the clock. Five AM.
“We have to be ready to leave in two hours Ichigo.” He said as he climbed back in bed.
“Sleep a bit. Don't worry about school today.”
“No, I'm fine. It's not like I've been attacked in battle or something. And what's more, this is my fault. I'll be fi...” He covered his mouth and ran to the bathroom. Ichigo cringed at the sound.
“Oh yeah, you sound great.” Ichigo got up and went into the bathroom where he once again held back Uryuu's hair.
“Listen...” Ichigo said as Uryuu stood up and walked back to the bed. “You're sick, no one's gonna blame you...”
“I said I'm fine! I'll get another hour or so of sleep and then I'm leaving for school.” He laid down and covered up. “Look, if the feeling really is mutual, then I wouldn't mind... nevermind...” He rolled over, away from Ichigo.
This interested him. “Wouldn't mind what?”
Silence.
“Well, I guess I'll be headed home...” then he thought... its gonna look very questionable if he comes home this late... “Uh, hey, Ishida...”
Uryuu turned his head.
“Could I stay here for a couple more hours, so I don't raise any questions with the family?”
Uryuu sighed.
“Hey! If you don't want me here I'll leave!” Ichigo yelled.
“Kurosaki! God you're loud! Yes you can stay... that's... not it.”
“What is it then?”
“I just...” He was sitting up now, and dropped his head. “Iwannabeclosetoyou.”
“What? You mean now... there? You want me to sleep with you and you're not drunk...hm.”
“Just sleep. I just, I don't know. Forget I said anything.” Uryuu looked up and saw Ichigo walking closer, climbing into bed with him, then he laid back down.
“You know, we only have an hour.” He said as he pulled Uryuu close to him, trying his damnedest to get him to stay home.
“I know...” he whispered. “Oh, and Ichigo...”
He was a little shocked to hear his real name. “Yeah?”
“Thanks for being here for me, I... really appreciate it.” and with that, he fell asleep again, this time in Ichigo's arms.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

“Ishida...”
“Uuuuh...”
“Oi , Ishida...”
Uryuu turned toward Ichigo and then sat up and stretched. His stomach was still in knots, and as he moved it made things worse, everything swimming in his view. He supressed the urge to throw up.
“Geez you're pale.”
“Shut... up Kurosaki.”
“There's no color to your lips at all...”
“Kurosaki...” He said warningly.
“Maybe if I...”
Uryuu gagged and made Ichigo fall out of bed.
“Well, that sure wasn't my intention.” Ichigo said as he got to his feet.
“And what exactly was your intention in doing that. I really don't need to know how pathetic I look.” He laid back down and placed his arm over his forehead.
“My intention was this...” Ichigo said as he leaned over and kissed him passionately.
'Not good, not good...' Uryuu thought as his stomach began to protest.
'I will never forgive myself if I throw up while Ichigo's kissing me.' As much as he wanted this, he pushed Ichigo away.
“Ah, come on. It wasn't that bad, was it?”
Uryuu was holding his stomach.
“Oh, not again Ishida...”
Uryuu glared at him. “It's... not my fault okay?”
“I thought you said a while ago that it was?” Ichigo smirked.
“Yes it is, but...” He was getting frustrated. “I'm getting ready for school.” He said, getting up and picking out his clothes. He went into the bathroom to change. After locking the door behind him, he turned on the cold water and splashed his face. He stared at himself in the mirror.
'Geez, I am paler than usual...'
“Come on Uryuu, this is no big deal, you can do this. So you got drunk and made a fool of yourself in front of him, at least now you know his feelings.” He finished getting dressed and walked out of the bathroom.
“You still feel 'fine'?”
Uryuu swallowed. “Yeah.”
“Then come on, it's already seven. Let's go.”
“Right.”
“Oh wait... dont forget your glasses. Dont want you punching anymore walls.”
Ichigo handed him his glasses and they walked outside. After awhile Orihime caught up with them.
“Hi Ishida! Hi Ichigo!” she said cheerfully as she waved.
“Hey Inoue.” Ichigo replied
“Ishida, whats the matter?”
“Nothing. He's 'fine'.” Ichigo said, then looked back to see that Orihime had stopped walking and had her hand on Uryuu's shoulder as he heaved on the sidewalk.
“Ishida-kun, what's wrong?” she asked worriedly as Uryuu straitened up and wiped his mouth with his sleave.
“Nothing, just some stomach thing.”
“Maybe you should stay home and rest.” She suggested, but he just shook his head.
“I've already tried that Inoue, he wont have any of it. You know Ishida, if this is all you're going to do today, then you're really not gonna have any time to learn anything from running to the bathroom so much. That is, unless you plan on puking your guts up in class.”
“Come on Ishida, I'll stay with you and make some yummy remedies!” Orihime said excitedly.
“No. I'll be fine, I'm feeling a lot better after that.”
“Oh...” Orihime said, slightly disappointed. “Well! I'll see you both in class!” She said and hurried in front of them.
“You alright Ishida, honestly? You did drink a lot last night. I mean...” Ichigo chuckled. “The way you were... I could've gotten anything out of you.”
“What do you mean?”
“You were just, really truthfull is all. Strange to see you like that.”
“What's that supposed to mean?” Uryuu asked, slightly offended.
“Oh don't take it like that, you know what I mean. I would have never been able to say what you said.”
“And why not. You admitted that you felt it too.”
“Yeah...” Ichigo shrugged, “but that was after you did.”
They arrived at the school and walked to their classroom. Uryuu sat down and tried to focus on what the teacher was saying, but felt it was rather hard to concentrate on what she was saying, and keep what little he still had in his body, in his body. He put his elbows on the desk, and his head in his hands. Then quickly lifted his head up.
“May I be excused?” Uryuu rushed out of the classroom without waiting for an answer. He practically ran down the hallway toward the boys restroom, went into a stall and started to shake.
“What's... going... on...?” He said between breaths. He doubled over as increadible pain struck his stomach.
“Ishida?!” Ichigo's voice echoed in the restroom.
Uryuu let out a scream of pain and Ichigo busted open the door to the stall as he began to violently throw up shimmering blue liquid.
“Ishida, please. Let me take you to Dad.” There was no longer any liquid, but Uryuu continued to heave as the pain in his abdomen grew. He finally stopped so Ichigo helped him up and he sat down on the seat of the toilet. He couldn't catch his breath. All he could think about was what had just happened.
“What the hell was that?”
Uryuu struggled to talk, struggled to think. “I... I have... no idea.”