Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Unlike Uryuu ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
“I think we should go to Urahara.”
“No. Im fine. It's alright.”
“Ishida, don't be stupid, you were just throwing up spirit energy. You need some help.”
“How many times do I have to say this. I'm fine Ichigo. Leave it at that.” And with that, Ichigo left.

- - - - - - - - -

Walking back to class, he couldn't stop worrying. This whole situation made him uneasy. He returned to class and sat in his seat.
“Is Ishida alright?” Orihime whispered from behind Ichigo.
“Yeah... it's just his stomach again...”
Uryuu entered the classroom and all eyes were on him.
“He looks horrible.” Orihime commented as Uryuu took his seat.
He did. He looked paler, and if possible, thinner than he usually did. His forehead glissened with sweat, and he sat down, immediately resting his head on the desk.
“Ishida. You may be excused to go home if you feel it nessessary.” the teacher said, clearly noticing how unwell Uryuu looked.
He lifted his head to look at her.“Thank you, but I'm fine.” His voice cracked a bit, but not enough for anyone to notice that wasn't paying as much attention as Ichigo was.
Uryuu laid his head back on the desk and didn't move until Ichigo walked towards him at the beginning of lunch break. He shook him gently.
Uryuu lifted his head slowly.
“Am I always going to have to tell you when to break for lunch?” Ichigo asked, trying to get a small smile from Uryuu. Nothing.
“Oh... sorry Kurosaki.” He seemed detatched as he stood up and slowly put his things in his bag.

- - - - - - - - -

“I still think we should see Urahara.” Ichigo said as they walked down the hallway and outside. They sat down in the grass when Orihime came over with three paper bags filled with food.
“Hi Ishida! I went home and fixed some remedies for you. Here ya go!” Orihime handed him two of the bags.
“One is strawberry yogurt mixed with red beans and rice.”
Uryuu's stomach churned at the thought.
“And the other is chocolate pudding with seseame seeds and chicken.”
Uryuu gagged, and was jerked hard behind a tree. He threw up more blue liquid and was still heaving when Orihime rushed over.
“Here, try some of this.” She was holding out a spoonfull of yogurt and rice. Uryuu heaved harder, his body sore with the force. He was sweating, and rested his back against the tree, sliding down and sitting at the base. Orihime went back to get the pudding.
“Ishida, at least agree to go home and rest a bit. I'll even go with you.” Ichigo said as he brushed away bits of Uryuu's hair that was sticking to his face. He turned his face away from Ichigo.
“Fine. But did you have to be so rough?”
“Yes. Could you imagine what people would think if they saw you throwing up that blue liquid?”
Ichigo helped him up and they started walking to Uryuu's.
After awhile, Uryuu's body started to get exhasted and pain began to feel him once again. He stopped at the side of the sidewalk and dropped to his knees. Ichigo stopped and bent down to Uryuu, resting a hand on his shoulder.
“What's going on with you?” He couldn't controll it, he tried to hold it back, not wanting Ichigo to know how weak this was making him, and another scream rushed from his lips. He forced himself up, and Ichigo took one of his arms and drapped it over his shoulders, helping the boy to his home.

- - - - - - - - -

Once inside they headed straight for the bed, where they both laid down and Ichigo ran his fingers through Uryuu's hair. He was still sweating and his face was burning up, but Ichigo was going to let him rest a bit before he insisted on going to Urahara's. Uryuu was breathing heavily, and it actually scared Ichigo. He got up and called Urahara.
“Hey, it's Ichigo...”
“Oh yeah, and what's Ichigo want with th boss?”
“Just put him on the phone, it's an emergency.” Jinta aparently handed the phone off, because the next voice on there was the distinct voice of Urahara.
“Ichigo... long time no speak.”
“It's Ishida...”
“Oh, sorry, you sounded like Ichigo.”
“No, this is Ichigo! There's something wrong with Ishida damnit!”
“Oh, well what is it?”
“He can't stop vomiting, he's been sweating, shaking and weak.”
“Sounds like the flu to me, take him to a doctor.” he said simply
“He's been throwing up what looks like spirit energy.”
“Oh... well... bring him by the shop, I'll take a look at him. You might want to make that quick though.” And he hung up the phone. Ichigo did the same, and walked back over to Uryuu's bed. The boy opened his eyes slightly. “Ichigo...” His voice sounded weak, and almost brought tears to Ichigo's eyes.
“Come on.”
“What?”
“We're leaving.”
“No. I just... I just wanna rest.”
“If you don't come with me, you might be resting peacefully for eternity. Now get up.”
Uryuu got out of bed, took the few steps that it took to get to Ichigo, and collapsed in his arms. He picked him up, and carried him to Urahara's shop.

Ichigo kicked at the door. “Urahara! Open the damn door!” He kicked harder, and was finally let in.
“Well, this doesn't look too good.” Said Urahara as he walked in, carrying Uryuu in his arms.
“No, it doesn't! Do something about it!” Ichigo was starting to panic. He couldn't lose him... there was no way he was going to lose him...
Urahara led them to an empty room where he laid out some blankets and a pillow. Ichigo placed Uryuu on them and covered him up. He brushed the quincy's face with his hand and felt his soft creamy skin, then stood back up only to receive a questionable look from Urahara.
“Are you two, uh... well...”
Ichigo had never heard him stutter before, and now wasn't the time.
“Does it really fucking matter?! Do you know what's wrong with him or not?” He could feel his face getting hotter, and knew that he had to have changed in color.
“Well, I won't know until he wakes up. But there is a possibility that in his efforts to regain his quincy powers, he somhow got a hold of some newly discovered substance that is injected and is supposed to fill the body with spirit energy. Does Ishida drink?”
“Well. No, not usually, but he did last night. Whats that have to do with anything?”
“For some reason alcohol tends to cause things to go out of whack, and this is the typical result. No idea as to why... doesn't really make sense to me yet, though mixing drugs with alcohol usually comes up with a similar effect, minus the sprit energy of course... But anyway. It was really foolish of Ishida to try this. Filling his body with more spirit energy won't help him to regain his powers... they really should put a warning on these illegal substances...”
“Can you help him?!”
“Of course. He's probably gotten it all out of his sytem by now, but its just like a drug, he's gonna want more. It's going to be somewhat of a rehab for him. It doesn't take long for him to stop wanting the stuff, as long as he doesn't touch a drop during the cleansing process.”
Ichigo felt a wave of relief. “How long is 'not long'?”
“Oh, about... two days. But these two days are going to be living hell for him, so watch out Kurosaki.”Urahara began to leave the room, but turned around. “Oh, and you're welcome to stay here as well while Ishida's recovering.”
“So that's it? All we have to do is keep him off the stuff?”
“Yeah, but that could be harder than it sounds, depending on the person. Ishida's pretty strong, so we shouldn't have much to worry about.”

- - - - - - - - - - -

Uryuu woke up and looked around the room.
'Urahara's place... but what am I...' His thoughts were stopped as pain siezed his body again, but quickly left. He shook his head. “Not a good combination... what was I thinking?”
“Not a good combination of what?” Uryuu turned to see Ichigo standing in the doorway. He walked over beside of him and sat down.
“There was a reason I didn't want to come here Kurosaki!”
“Why? So you wouldn't get caught with an illegal substance in your body? Uryuu... what... were... you... thinking!”
“Ichigo, quiet... It's not what you think...”
“Oho! I believe that it's exactly what I think. Trying to get your quincy powers back huh? Get a little depressed? Decide to drink through it, even though you had already taken an illegal substance?!”
“I'm... I'm sorry.”
“No you're not, but you will be. Once withdrawl sets in.”
Uryuu could already feel the effects. He felt the need. He felt like he'd been hit by a truck, and then...
Uryuu doubled over in pain as Ichigo rushed to get a trash can, he already knew what was coming. He began to retch before he could find one, then Urahara stepped in and set one beside of the now heaving boy. He clutched the trash can with both hands, but it remained empty, like Uryuu's body.
“Ura... hara...” Uryuu managed between heaves. “Thank God you're here...”
Urahara raised a brow.
“You... you have ties with the Soul society...” Uryuu heaved one last time into the trash can, then laid back down, exhausted. “You... could get it for me...”
“Sorry, can't do.”
Uryuu's newly closed eyes sprang open and he sat up. “Why?!”
“It won't help.”
“Like hell it won't!”
“Besides, I don't allow illegal substances into my shop.”
“Oh you mean, like that defective mod soul?!”
“Ouch. But at any rate, you're not getting it.” Urahara stepped out and closed the door.
He'd never felt like this before and began to shake. “Listen... Ichigo, you don't understand... I need this...”
“No... you don't.” Ichigo said firmly, a look on his face that highly disappointed Uryuu.
“Just...try to get some rest, try to sleep through these next couple of days...”
“You want me to sleep?”
“Yeah.”
“Then get it for me Ichigo... please...”
“I can't do that.” Ichigo turned and left the room.

- - - - - - - - - -

He walked over to the door next to Uryuu's and knocked.
“Yes?”
“May I come in?”
Urahara opened the door and they both sat down.
“Is there nothing we can do?”
“No. He's just gonna have to wait it out.”
“I... I can't handle to see Uryuu like this...”
Urahara raised a brow, “On first name basis now are we?”
Ichigo stood up. “It doesn't matter! What matters now is that he's in there, all alone, suffering from this!”
“Then why are you in here?” he asked Ichigo calmly.
“Because... to see if... nevermind!” Ichigo left the room and went back to Uryuu.
When he went in there, he saw Uryuu in the corner, sweating and talking to himself. He walked closer.
Uryuu quicky stood up. “Ichigo! I thought you left.” Ichigo knew that this had to be hard for Uryuu, knew that he hated to be seen as anything less than strong.
“Come lay down.”
Uryuu did as he said, and they laid together, Uryuu encased in Ichigo's strong arms.

- - - - - - - - - -

Two days passed and Uryuu woke up with his head once again on Ichigo's chest and smiled. He could feel Ichigo's chest move up and down with his deep, rythmic breathing. He reluctantly got up and walked out of the room.
“Well look who it is.” Said Urahara as Uryuu shut the door behind him.
He scratched the back of his head nervously. “Yeah...”
“Still think you need it?”
“Not at all...” Uryuu lied. The feel of need was still there, but he could control it considerably.
“Well... you must be hungry after going three days without anything.”
Uryuu nodded.
“Sit down, have a bowl of soup.”
He accepted the offer and ate slowly.
“Oh, uh... Urahara... Thanks for letting me stay here for the past couple of days. I know that I...” he was cut off, and was somewhat grateful for it.
“It's not a problem...”
“Uryuu...” Ichigo had woken up and was stading at the doorway. “How... how are you feeling?”
“I feel fine.”
Ichigo rolled his eyes. “Yeah, you mean 'fine' like you were the other day, or are you actually back to the Uryuu I know?”
“I feel a lot better now, thanks...” He finished his soup and stood up, just staring into Ichigo's eyes.
“I better leave you two alone, I've got things to do.” He smirked and was hit hard over the head.
“There's no reason for you to leave! You're just doing this to piss me off!” Ichigo yelled.
“Ichigo! It's okay, I was going back home anyway.”
“I'll go with you...”
Urahara's grin widened then quickly vanished as Ichigo kicked him in the stomach, grabbed Uryuu's hand, and left.
They exited the shop and he pulled his hand away from Ichigo's. “What are you doing?! What if someone sees us? And now Urahara knows...”
“Fine, have it your way...” Ichigo shrugged and turned away from him.
Uryuu was relieved, and a little shocked that Ichigo left it at that.
On the way home, Uryuu struglled to think of a topic of conversation. He'd never really talked to him before. This made him fidget from nervousness.
"So, you think you'll feel well enough to go to Chizuru's party tonight?" Ichigo asked as they aproached the door to Uryuu's place. He could tell that he was really hoping for him to go.
"Oh yeah, sure." He opened the door and stood in the doorway. "I can't wait." He wasn't really sure that he felt like going, but he didn't want to let Ichigo down.
"So... could I come in?" Ichigo tilted sideways, looking past Uryuu and into his livingroom. This startled him a little, and spoke before he could stop himself. "Why?"
"Oh... well nevermind then. If you wanna be alone, then fine." He said, somwhat irritably.
"No, you can come in." He said quickly, and opened the door wider so that Ichigo could walk past him. They walked inside and just as he closed the door, Ichigo turned him around and embraced him tightly. Uryuu didn't know what to do, he certainly wasn't expecting this. He just stood there.
"I'm... so glad that you're alright..." Ichigo said as he squeezed harder. Uryuu slowly returned the hug, resting his head on Ichigo's shoulder, and they stood there by the door, holding each other. Ichigo let go and lifted Uryuu's head for a kiss. He leaned in and pecked him on the lips, then returned for a deeper, more passionate one. Uryuu let out a tiny gasp as they broke apart and Ichigo took his hand, pulling him toward another door in the apartment.
'What? He can't be thinking...' Uryuu thought as Ichigo opened the door to his bedroom.