Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Rainbow ❯ Part 1: ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001111100000111111

Date : 060109

Disclaimer : All Stargate, BTVS, Magnamund and Everquest characters and concepts belong to respective creators and owners.

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110000111100000 01111100000111111

A Halloween story in which Ethan Rayne does something more permanent ... and the Scoobies are going to take sometime getting back.

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001 111100000111111

Rainbow

Part 1:

"So what do we dress up as for this Halloween season, Xander?" a red-headed girl asked her male companion.

"Well I was thinking of a soldier ... maybe?" Xander answered.

"I would like to dress up as a fairy," a second female voice spoke.

It was Dawn, the youngest member of the group. Her older sister, Buffy smiled at the answer.

"Well ... we're getting there now ... What about you Buf-" she said.

"It's a secret," the older girl with shoulder-length blonde hair answered.

Dawn was about to ask another question when the door opened to reveal Larry and his usual gang of three friends exiting the store with a smirk on their arrogant faces.

"Well, well ... well. If it isn't Xander and his group of cheerleaders, here?" Larry remarked snidely to his group of friends.

They laughed in reply at the sight of the Scoobies coming up to the store.

"What do you want, Larry?" Xander asked in resignation.

He was getting very tired of Larry and his group of friends.

"Nothing ... Except maybe just to watch a loser in action," before turning to walk away.

Another of his friends made a kissing gesture with his hand at Buffy before leaving. Xander could barely restrain the Slayer from pounding on the group before they left.

"Let's get this over with," Xander answered before they turned as one into the Halloween Store.

Quickly, they went in search of the costumes they had in mind. Xander looked up and down the shelves for the costume he was thinking of but he just couoldn't find it.

"Need any help?" a male voice asked.

Xander turned around to see that it was a man in his thirties looking at him with a grin on the face.

"I'm looking for a soldier costume but there doesn't seem to be any," the disappointed teenager answered.

"Soldier costumes? The group that came in earlier bought them all ..." the storekeeper answered.

"But fear not, I may have something just as good. Care to take a look?"

Xander gave his assent and the storekeeper took him to a corner behind the counter.

He took out a box and put it on the table. Carefully, he removed the cover to reveal a green-hooded robe, a suit of black armour with a polished silver helmet, a pair of bracers with the same metallic hue as the helmet, a sword in a plain-looking scabbard, a metal bow with a few arrows in a quiver, a wooded staff with a crystal embedded in it, a small pouch with a waistband, a star-shaped pendant of crystal, an orb of gold-like metal and an spherical-shaped stone, neatly packed into it.

"I can't afford all of these!" the young Harris exclaimed.

His cries drew his three other companions to his position.

"So what did you get?" the Slayer asked.

"The soldier costume has been taken, Buffy and this one has got to be expensive," Xander replied with disappointment.

"So how much does this cost?" Dawn asked.

"Give or take ... fifty dollars," the shopkeeper answered.

"I have thirty dollars. How much do you have, Xander?" she asked again.

"Just twenty-five," came the reply.

"I have forty dollars, Xan, but I haven't paid for my costume yet," the younger Summers answered as she held up her costume.

"What about you, Will? have you chosen?" Xander asked.

"Not yet," the red-haired witch replied.

"I might have a solution to your predicament. I have a set of three of these costumes for the young ladies that you might liked. There are only a few left in the world today as the manufacturer for these items have ceased production due to a lack of demand. I will sell it to the young man over here at half price, the items in the first box if you purchased all these three items in this box," the shopkeeper turned around, lifting another box up from the ground.

The three Scoobies quickly studied the items in the box and were instantly taken by them.

"We''ll take them," Buffy said as she thought of the beautiful dress that would surely draw Angel's attention.

It accentuated the curves on her body and showed quite a bit of cleavage to boot. Xander hid his disgust while reining in his sadness at Buffy's choice of paramour.

"The serpent-headed staff goes with that costume," the shopkeeper answered.

Dawn took another costume with a dress that was just as stunning as the first.

"The sword and lyre goes with this one," the shopkeeper added.

Willow took the final costume and looked at it with ... trepidation. Could she put it on? Normally, she was way too shy put on clothing that accentuate her curves but for ... Willow blushed at the thought ... she was willing to do anything.

"So how much is it, altogether?" Xander asked.

"Let me ring it up on the register for you ... Here's the receipt," he said.

The Scoobies paid up with all the money they had and left the store.

At twelve midnight, Ethan simply grinned wickedly and said, "Showtime!"

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110 000001111100000111111

The Kai Grandmaster, Lone Wolf, turned around to find himself in a rather strange predicament. He was lost. Something that was quite rare, considering that he had been to many planes and different worlds in his neverending battle against the forces of darkness. Still things were not too bad, considering that he wasn't dead yet. Now, all he needed to do was find a way back home to Sommerlund. If only he had access to a Shadow Gate, things would be much simpler. Unfortunately, he was picking up a lot of magic in the air ... powerful but not directed in any manner. It behaved chaotically and seemed almost alive.

"How dare you attack me!" a female voice shrieked in a loud cry.

The Kai Grandmaster quickly turned his attention to a beautiful blonde woman with pointed ears in a matching dress who was being set upon by a group of creatures. Lone Wolf quickly made his way to the beleaguered woman but before he could do anything, he felt powerful magical energies being gathered. Quickly, the Kai Grandmaster braced himself for the magical backlash and not a moment too soon for blinding flash of colour changing lights illuminated the surroundings. When the Kai Grandmaster re-opened his eyes, he saw the woman firing a beam of energy from her serpent-headed staff at her motionless attackers.

"NO! BUFFY! DON'T KILL THEM!" a second female voice cried out.

The woman quickly turned in the direction of the voice to see a dark-skinned woman with similar-looking pointed ears carrying a large sharp sword coming at her..

"LADY T'LAK! DIE!" she shouted as she threw a well-aimed beam of power from her magical staff at the woman in scarlet clothing and white hair.

The dark-skinned woman quickly jumped to avoid the blast as it struck a car, destroying it in the process.

"BUFFY! WAIT! IT'S ME WILLOW! THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CHILDREN! IT'S LIKE WE'VE CHANGED INTO OUR COSTUMES!" the dark-skinned woman gasped as she desperately tried to avoid another blast of power from the mage's staff.

"YOU LIE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TRICKS YOU ARE TRYING, T'LAK! DIE!" she shouted while unleashing another powerful beam of energy from her serpent-headed staff.

"DON'T YOU GET IT, BUFFY! WE ARE NOT WHO WE ARE!" the dark-skinned woman cried out again.

The strange answer from the woman caused the Kai Grandmaster to check the truthfulness of her words. After checking himself with his Kai senses, he discovered a second aura overlaid within his own. He probed further with his advanced mental disciplines and to his surprise ... found the presence of a second mind residing within his body though the mind was currently dormant. Expanding his senses outwards towards everyone in the vicinity, he discovered the same results. There were two minds within each body. Except that one was awake and the other was asleep.

Before he could say or do anything else though, the strange creatures frozen into paralysis earlier by the beautiful woman's spell began to move. Without wasting any further time, he plunged himself into their midst, just in time to parry a blow from one of the creatures that tried to attack the mage when her back was turned.

Quickly, he picked up a wooden pole from the ground with his telekinetic abilities and struck the creature in the chest. It gave a loud grunt as it was struck down. A second creature that resembled a werewolf leaped at him. The Kai Grandmaster easily evaded the strike before bringing down his wooden pole on top of the creature's head, rendering it unconscious.

"Who are you?" the beautiful blonde woman with pointed ears asked before throwing another beam of power at her swiftly dodging foe.

"I am Lone Wolf, the last Kai Grandmaster of Sommerlund, sworn to the destruction of the forces of darkness. Who might you be?" the green-hooded robed warrior replied after kicking down a creature that had tried to attack him.

"I'm Lady Aiendu, commander of the Elddar Alliance troops under Prince Baleion and I have never heard of Sommerlund or the Kai," the beautiful blonde woman answered throwing another beam of power that knocked back one of the creatures that had tried to sneak up on her.

"In much of my journeys, I have gone to many different worlds. Sommerlund lies on Magnamund," Lone Wolf answered before dealing the one last blow at an ogre-like creature that was trying to stomp on him with a hammer.

The five attackers were completely outclassed by the mage and the Kai Warrior they faced. Within a few seconds, they lay on the ground unconscious.

"That explains it. T'Lak and me come from Norrath. She is one of the chief liutenants of the Shadowrealm," the beautiful blonde woman continued.

"Perhaps you should give her a chance to speak. We are not on our own worlds. I know not what this place is and what she says is not complete fabrication. There is another dormant personality in our bodies. You can check it with your senses if you do not believe me," the Kai Warrior suggested.

The blonde mage paused as if doing what the Kai Warrior suggested.

"Very well, Shadowspawn! I shall give you a chance to explain yourself! If you lie to us ... I shall not hesitate to destroy you!" the blonde mage shouted out.

"Alright ... I'm Willow and I know why you think I'm Lady T'Lak. There is some magic in the air that transformed us into these characters whose costumes we wore. You see ... the clothes that we bought must have been enchanted. You wore the costume of Lady Aiendu and became a High Elf Enchanter while I wore the costume of Lady T'Lak and became a Dark Elf Rogue from Norrath. The magic must have been very strong to transform us in these characters whose costumes we wore. You were Xander and she is Buffy. We must find the source and undo it," Willow explained.

"Where did we get this costumes from?" the blonde mage asked.

"The storekeeper! We must find him or even more people are going to be hurt!" Willow answered.

The three companions quickly made their way to the store. Along the way, they saw tons of mayhem and destruction taking place. There were houses set on fire, monster creatures attacking civillians as well as demons fighting monsters. Thanks to the swift actions and combined efforts of the three adventurers, there were no casualties or serious injuries yet. That could still change, however, Willow noted wryly.

Within a few minutes, they quickly arrived at the store. Much to their dismay, however, they discovered a large dome of energy surrounding the entire store.

"How are we ever going to get through that?" Willow asked her two companions.

"You don't," a voice echoed from nowhere.

They turned to see a strange brown hooded-robed figure behind them. It appeared to be floating slightly above the ground.

"Who are you?" Willow asked, a little worry creeping into her voice.

"I am Anubis your new god! You shall bow down before me or die where you stand!" came the malevolent reply.

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000000 1111100000111111

"He's extremely dangerous ... a being of pure energy," the Kai Grandmaster warned before drawing out his favourite sword from its scabbard. A vivid golden flame shot along its golden blade as the Sommerswerd glowed with sun-like brilliance in the night.

The brown-robed figure did not say a word. Instead, he threw a blast of power at the three companions. Much to his surprise, the blast of energy was drawn to the blade of the Sommerswerd and drained like water going down the gutter. The Kai Grandmaster moved forward to engage the brown-robed figure in melee combat. Not giving up, the brown-robed figure threw an even stronger blast of energy at the Kai Warrior.

Lone Wolf moved swiftly. He swung the blade of the Sommerswerd into the incoming blast of energy and sent it back full-force into the brown-robed figure ... with devastating results.

There was a thunderous ear-splitting sound as the blast of energy consumed the brown-robed figure in brilliant explosion. When the explosion cleared, nothing remained.

'Watch out! He's not dead yet!' the Kai Warrior telepathically shouted a warning as he felt a builtup of power from where their foe stood.

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000000 1111100000111111

"YOU WILL ALL PAY FOR THAT!" the voice roared.

A massive wave of energy, easily dwarfing the two earlier blasts of energy combined by several orders of magnitude lashed out at the three. At Lone Wolf's warning, they had all dived down to the ground in time. The massive wave of power continued on its way hitting the dome of energy surrounding the store, collapsing it instantly and hitting the store full force.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" the voice cried out in pure anguish as the store and everything in it was instantly vaporised.

The wind began to blow wildly as the vast maelstrom of chaotic energies began to spin wildly into a dark vortex. Everything within a one hundred feet range of the store ... including the three adventurers were being pulled towards the center. Lady Aiendu and Willow tried desperately to grab a whole of anything they could grab their hands on but in vain. They slid backwards slowly into the center of the vortex when somebody's hand grabbed them.

"Lady Briana?" the High Elf asked in surprise.

"Lady Aiendu, I have-,"the half-elf answered.

Something large struck the female Bard, knocking her into the blonde mage. They lost their grip and were drawn into the heart of the vortex.

Behind them, they could see the Kai Warrior desperately keeping hold of the Dark Elf, T-no ...Willow ... All in vain.

The vortex drew them all including the brown-robed through the heart of the vortex. Powerful forces drew them in all directions and then all was dark.

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001 111100000111111

Character Summary:

Xander as Lone Wolf. Race: Human. Occupation: Kai Grandmaster. Allegience: Sommerlund. World: Magnamund.

Buffy as Lady Aiendu. Race: High Elf. Occupation: Enchanter. Allegience: Elddar Alliance. World: Norrath.

Dawn as Lady Briana. Race: Half Elf. Occupation: Bard. Allegience: Elddar Alliance. World: Norrath.

Willow as Lady T'Lak. Race: Dark Elf. Occupation: Rogue. Allegience: Shadowrealm. World: Norrath.

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000 001111100000111111

And now ... a word of thanks to my reviewers

Bobboky: Thank you for the reviews.

djhardim: Noted. But to make it fit the story easier, I had to modify a few things.

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110000111100000 01111100000111111