Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ We Stalk The Night ❯ We Stalk The Night: Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
We Stalk The Night: Part One





The brittle underbrush snaps softly under my feet, my body concealed within the tall grass as I slip silently through the night. He’s out there somewhere. Even though it was just a taste of his scent on my tongue, I know it was him I sensed. And I’m sure he sensed me too, but of course, he’d be surprised, unsure even, at the changes to be found. I don’t know why he’s here, or what, if anything, he wants, but as the African moon shines down on me and the predator’s grin crosses my face, I promise to find out.


There’s something different about the boy. Something wild and dangerous. And somehow…familiar. I’m not sure what it is, but I’m certain I’ve sensed it before. And for some reason it scares the hell out of me. I never imagined being afraid of this boy. A chill runs down my spine as I slip through the brush. Even though I knew he was here, I never expected to cross paths with him. Somehow he knows I’m here, and he’s on the hunt. The hunt? Not a phrase I would have ever associated with him. Until now. What’s happened to you boy?


He’s so close I can taste him on my tongue. My nose is filled with his scent and my ears are pricked for any sign of him. I pause for a moment, confused, before grinning. I turn away from the over powering scent, heading in the opposite direction. Amusing, he almost fooled me with that one. I raise my head, inhaling the scent of sweet night air and sun baked earth. And him. I suppress the rumble of growling laughter deep in my chest. He’s stopped moving. He’s waiting. Testing me. I allow the rumble in my chest to escape.


I hear the predator’s call and every muscle in my body freezes on instinct. I have to fight the urge to growl my own response into the air. Not long ago I would have laughed at such a challenge from this boy. Now though… Now I remember. It’s kind of hard not to see the irony, and harder still not to find it just a little amusing. Only this boy could attract the same kind of trouble on two separate continents. I have no idea how it happened this time, but I intend to find out. One way, or another.





-Ta-