Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Deciding ❯ Wish Deciding ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Wicca Ness
Summary: Buffy wishes Tara back. Original idea from Joss Whedon. It was suppose to be an episode in s7.
 
DISCLAIMER: WILLOW AND TARA from BUFFY: THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, the idea, and some scenes here are REGISTERED TRADEMARKS of Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy, Inc., WB, UPN, Fox, and all that jazz. *NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED*
 
Feedback: Yes please. This is my first Story so I would love to know what you think or even an ok will be appreciated.
 
Wish Deciding
 
 
 
ON KINGMANS BLUFF
 
 
“Hey black eyed girl” Xander said as he stepped in front of a green lighting blast to a satanic temple. The blast came from a black hair and eye Willow.
 
“What ya doing” he asked her as he tried to catch his breath.
“Get out of here” said Willow standing her ground
 
“Oh no….your not the only one with powers here, you maybe a hopped-up uber-witch, but this carpenter can dry wall ya into the next century “
 
“I'm not joking Xander, get out of my way, Now” Soon after Willow blast Xander with black lighting shooting from out of her hands, hitting him in the chest.
 
 
 
*****
 
“There” said a bleeding tired, almost dying Giles, who laid on the floor of a now wrecked magic box.
“What?” Anya asked not knowing what Giles was talking about
“It's not over” he said to her looking almost smiling.
 
 
******
Willow, taking the essence of the earth, started shooting a green blast of lightning from her hands to the temple. Just as she started Xander started getting up, after being knocked down. He steps in between the temple and the green lightning bolts.
“You can't stop this”
 
“Yeah, I get that. It's just where else am I gonna go, you've been my best friend my whole life…world gonna end, where else would I wana be?”
Grinning Willow answered back” Is this the master plan, your gonna stop me by telling me ya love me”
 
 
“Well I was gonna walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil” he shrugs” Seemed kinda cartoony “
“Still making jokes”
 
 
“I'm not joking, I know your in pain, I can't imagine the pain your in. And I know your about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid…And hey… still wana hang, you're Willow”
 
 
“Don't call me that” Willow said angrily
“The first day of kindergarten you cried because you broke the yellow crayon, and you're to afraid to tell any one…You've come pretty far,” he looks back to the satanic temple “ending the world not a terrific notion…but the thing is, Yeah, I love you, I love crayon breaking Willow and I love scary vein-y Willow. So if I'm gong out, its here. If you wana kill the word, then start with me, I've earned that”
 
 
“You think I won't”
“It doesn't matter, I'll still love you”
“Shut up” Willow scratches Xanders face with magic, only moving her arm and hand in the motion being more then 4 feet away from him.
Xander grabs his cheek as he bends over; he touches his cheek and looks at the blood in his hand.” I love you”
 
 
Willow moves her hand and Xander gets mystically scratched in the chest. He bends over is hands on his shredded shirt. Willow just looked at him, with a tear falling from here eye.
 
 
“I…love...you” Xander said, he was in pain and cut.
“Shut up” Willow said followed by lighting from her hand, hitting Xander , soon the lighting went short and was only in her hand an disappeared. Xander stood up
“I love you Willow”
 
 
“Stop” she said shooting a weak lighting bolt, which barely stopped Xander for a second.
“I love you” he repeated, having figured out how to stop Willow.
 
 
“Shut up” Willow said trying to ht him with lightning, but it only crackled in her hands.
Xander walked to stand right in front of her. Once he was right in front she hit him with punches over ad over. He stood there and took in the hits. She broke down crying. They fell to the ground, Willow in Xander's arms. “I love you” He told her again. Willow's hair turned back to red and the veins on her face disappeared slowly.
 
**********
 
 
6 months laterat SunnydaleAirport
 
 
Willow walked toward 3 people she hadn't seen all summer. She slowly made her way to them. She kept thinking of what she should do once she got to them. She didn't know if she should look at them or just find an interest in her shoes. Once she got there she looked at her shoes and then slowly looked up at them. Xander, Buffy and Dawn smiled at her. “I hear that there's a new Jessica Alba movie, she's wearing a bikini in it, you and me can ogle while Buffy covers Dawn's eyes and tries to look like she isn't ogling too” he grinned at Willow and joked with he as if nothing had happened, while Buffy smacked him in the arm and Dawn also grinned.
 
 
“Welcome back Will” Buffy told her while Dawn went up to her and gave her a tight hug.
“Hi” Willow said to all as she hugged Dawn back. As soon as Dawn had pulled away, Buffy and Xander rushed her into a hug” We missed you” Buffy told her as she and Xander held her “I miss you guys too” she said in a low voice.
“Come on….lets go home” Buffy told her as Xander took her bags.
 
 
********
 
 
 
Buffy's House
 
 
“Here ya go Wills” Willow said as he took Willows bags into her room, where she and the Summers sisters were.
“Thanks Xander” she said gratefully.
 
 
“I'm really glad your back Willow, I really missed you and ta…”Dawn stopped before she could finish the sentence. She gave Willow an apologetic look
Willow smiled at Dawn “I missed you to Dawnie” Willow was seated on the bed where Dawn was next to her. Buffy and Xander were by the door.
 
 
“Do you need anything? Umm water or something to eat, more pillows, covers…..”She looked over at Xander to see if he could think of anything that Willow may need.
Xander picked up on it ad quickly tried to think of something "uhh a comic book”
The Dawn and Buffy gave him a weird look, Willow just smiled at her oldest friend "That's ok, thanks Xan….I'm ok though, I don't need anything, I think I'm just gonna try to sleep.”
 
 
Xander nodded and Buffy took Dawn's hand and pulled her off the bed “Sure thing…we'll let you rest…but if you need anything, we're right down the hall” She said pointing at herself and at Dawn
 
 
“And I'll be 3 blocks down the street and 4 to your right” Xander joked “So I'm gonna go now” he said smiling as he made his way to Willow and hugged her “thanks Xander” she said as she hugged him back. Xander kissed the top of her head and then pulled apart. He waved at her as he headed towards the door. He hugged Buffy and Dawn. They all watched him leave. Soon after, they herd the click of the front door shutting.
“Come on Dawn lets leave Willow to rest.” Buffy said pulling Dawn out of the room,
“Night Willow” Dawn said as Buffy pulled her out. Willow just smiled as the closed they door to her room.
 
 
After laying in darkness she finally fell sleep two hours later.
 
 
*********
 
 
 
Buffy's room
 
 
Buffy woke up to the sound of some one moving a lot in there bed and talking and screaming.
 
 
No Over and over again.
 
 
“Willow” She said quickly, getting out of bed fast and made her way down the hall to Willow's room. She knocked on it but got no response. She slowly opened it. She went in after what she saw on the bed. Willow was tossing and turning, screaming “no”.
Buffy went to Willows bedside and sat next to her
“Willow, Willow” Buffy said while she gently rubbed Willows shoulder. When Willow didn't wake up and kept moving.
 
 
“Willow, sweetie wake up” she said louder this time “Willow, Willow wake up. It's just a Night mare”
 
 
Willow woke up gasping for air. She looked around to figure where she was. When she saw Buffy she started to cry. Buffy quickly held her tight "Shhh….its ok Willow, everything's gonna be ok” She said as she rubbed Willows back for to comfort her.
“No, No its not…It's all my fault it's all my fault. If I hadn't gotten addicted to magic, it would have never happen. We should have been forever” Willow told Buffy while crying on her shoulder.
 
 
Buffy didn't know exactly what Willow was talking about till she said forever.
“Willow, it's not your fault”
 
 
“Isn't it Buffy, if I hadn't gotten addicted to magic, she would have never left me, we might have been able to catch Warren faster, we might have been some where else, we might have been up and down stairs, instead of in my room. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't have been by my window, she wouldn't have gotten shot and she…she wouldn't have died in my arms….I killed her Buffy... It's my fault”
Buffy staid quiet, letting Willow cry.
 
 
“I miss her so much Buffy, I love her. We were forever… forever”
“I'm sorry Willow, I know you miss her… we all miss her, Dawn…Dawn especially…I think that maybe after you, she's the one in most pain from loosing Tara….”Buffy pulled away from Willow. She got her shoulders with her hands and looked her in the eyes “But it's not your fault. It will never be your fault. You hear me. Not…Your …Fault” Buffy went back to holding her. Willow kept crying till she fell sleep. Buffy laid her on the bed and sat there watching her sleep. Once she was convinced that Willow was ok she went back to her own room.
 
 
 
*********
 
 
 
Two weeks Later
 
 
 
Buffy got home around a half hour before sunset, she came home from working at The Doublemeat Palace.
 
 
“Hey guys what ya doing” Buffy asked Dawn and Willow who were talking in the kitchen.
“Oh hey Buff….nothing just chit-chatting…work hard at the Doublemeet Palace?” Asked Willow as she stood up and took an empty glass to the sink.
“Can't you tell from the smell of my hair and clothes” Buffy joked
 
 
“Oh I could I just didn't want to be rude” Dawn piped in with a mouthful of ice cream.
Buffy just gave her a look that made Willow grin.
“So I was thinking, that after I take a shower and come out with a better smell, we could go out to the bronze or to a movie, and then I could bring you guys back and then patrol.” Buffy suggested
 
 
“Or you could just take us to patrol with you like old times, and you can't tell us all about your day” Dawn grinned and looked at Willow to back her up. Willow just shrugged and smiled. Buffy sighed, “We'll see about that, but what you guys say, wanna go out tonight.”
 
 
“Yeah sure. I just gotta do one thing in uh town and then I'm good.” Willow said as she walked back to the island in the middle of the kitchen.
“What do you have to do?” Dawn asked “You didn't say anything all day, do you want me to come with?”
 
 
“No! Uhh I …it's just a little errand I need to do, its not gonna take a long time”
“That's cool, Will…tell ya what you go do your thing while I shower and then you can come back and we can go.” Buffy said as she started to walk towards the stairs
“Or I could just meet you guys at the bronze. I'm not sure how long I might take” Willow said avoiding eye contact with them.
 
 
“I don't know about that Willow, sunset is in half an hour. I don't want you walking around after dark”
“Its ok I'll be fine, I'll even go now, just meet me at the bronze in an half an hour then” With that Willow got her jacket and cell phone and walked out the door
 
 
“Well that was strange, she didn't say where she was going, did she?”
“No she didn't, just get ready Dawn. We'll wait a little and see if she comes back here if not we'll meet her at the bronze”
With that Buffy made her way up stairs.
*****************
 
 
Willow walked quickly through town. She stopped once she reached the entrance to one of the many cemeteries in Sunnydale. She slowly made her way to the center of the cemetery. She walked along a beautiful lake, till she got to the headstone she was looking for.
 
 
She sat down in front of it. She traced the letters of the name on it.
“Hi Tara, its me” she didn't say anything after that. She just sat there in silence looked at the name on the headstone.
 
 
********
 
 
“Dawn lets go, we're gonna be late if you don't hurry up, we have 10 minutes to get to the bronze on time and it takes 20 to get there….Dawn!”
“I'm coming, I'm coming…Sheesh, no need to scream” Dawn said as she came down the stairs to stop in front of an annoyed Buffy holding the door open.
“Just come on, we need to hurry”
 
*******
“…and that's when Dawn dropped her glass filled with ice cubes and freezing water right on Buffy, you should have seen the look on Buffy's face…I just wish I had a camera with me that day….Dawn started running as soon as Buffy had gotten up and looked at her” Willow sat on the grass. Her hand lifting to trace the letters of Tara's name. Willow smiled as she told Tara what had happened earlier in the week. “I think that if you had been there, Dawn would have ran behind you for protection….” Willow grinned “That would have been funny…”
 
***************
 
 
“Hurry up Dawn”
“Well stop walking so fast, I swear, it looks like your trying to ditch me” Dawn complained as she tried to catch up with Buffy.
 
 
Buffy rolled her eyes “yeah well unfortunately that would be….”She didn't finish her sentence as a bright flash appeared in front of them. That made Buffy stop. Dawn and Buffy both covered there eyes from the blinding light. Once it disappeared they uncovered there eyes, and where the light once was now was a woman in a white gown.
“What the….”
 
 
“Buffy what... who is that.”
“Buffy Summers, warrior of the people, I've been searching for you” The woman smiled as she stood in front of them.
“Who, who are you?” Buffy asked as she stood in front of Dawn.
“For give me, for I am Angelica, I work for a higher power” She said still smiling.
“Are you evil?”
 
 
“Dawn!” Buffy looked at her younger sister annoyed
“What I'm just curious”
“No... No it's quiet alright” Angelica said “It's good that she is cautious, and to answer your question young one, no I would say I am not evil”
 
 
“Ok you're not evil, and you work for a higher power, and you are looking for me…for what?” Buffy asked, not quiet sure if she should be buying what Angelica was saying
“Augh, of course, right to business I see” Angelica joked “I am here on behave of the higher power, to reward you”
“Reward me, what who sent you, was it The Powers That Be?”
“Pfff, please, The Powers That Be don have this kind of power…no the higher power I represent are called The Guardians”
 
 
“The Guardians, sorry I haven't herd of you guys”
“Its quiet all right, we work in secrecy” She explained
“Then why are you talking to us, I mean I thought secrecy meant you know, all with the secrets” Dawn asked from behind Buffy starting to walk to stand next to her older sister
“Yes, your quiet right” she grinned “I come here to reward the Slayer”
“Reward me; cool….what do I get, a gold metal, diploma…”
 
 
“Life supply of stakes” Dawn suggested
“Actually no, I would like to say that your reward shall be much greater then any of that, your reward shall be…..One wish”
Buffy looked at her blankly, “I get a wish…look, Angie, I appreciate it, but I've already herd and done the whole wish thing, not a very big fan of it.”
 
 
“Ah yes, the wish Ms. Chase had, and the spell Ms. Rosenberg and Ms. Jenkins did. Yes well I would say this is a different type of wish deal…You will get one ultimate wish that will not change the future or past unless you wish it to.” Angelica explained
“Ok so this is a wish that works out how I want it, one question though…why?”
“Because of what you do Ms. Summers.”
 
 
“ See Buffy, I told you being brave and having the guts to work at the Double meet Palace would pay off” Dawn joked but quickly shut her mouth as Buffy gave her an angry glare but she smiled when she herd Angelica giggle
“Actually, its because of what you have done since you became the slayer, all the good you've done, all the apocalypse you have stopped and the people you have saved, because of that, I will grant you one wish, and it can be of anything…Your mom never dying, Angel becoming human, or you never sending him to a demon demotion, you could make Dawn be just your kid sister, and not a mystical key” She suggested
“I can wish for some thing like that” Buffy asked surprised “I….I just…I can…”
 
 
“its quiet all right…you don't have to answer now, but I do have a limited time on this plane, I will come back to you in 24 hours and I will expect an answer” With that Angelica disappeared
“Buffy, are you ok” asked Dawn after Buffy didn't say anything at first then slowly nodded.
 
 
“yeah I'm, I'm fine, its just that the wish thing, I could wish for…..you know what I don't feel like going out very much, call Willow and tell her…If you guys wana go , you still can go. Buffy said a little sad, but not wanting to ruin her sisters and best friends night.
“No its ok Buffy I'll call Willow tell her we are going back home” with that Dawn pulls out her cell phone and dials Willows number.
 
 
**********
 
 
“….during the time I was working in the library, I fell sleep and they almost locked me in. I would have spent the night there too if it hadn't been for the angry guard there, he acted like such a son of uh …RING …RING Willow pulled out her cell phone; on it, it said DAWNIE CALL
“Oh shoot, I was supposed to meet them 20 minutes a go” She said to herself as she answered the phone.
“Hello…hey Dawnie sorry I totally forg….oh is everything ok…”
 
 
 
*********
“Yeah, we just had a little encounter, we can explain once you get home”
“Tell her will go pick her up, I don't want her walking alone right now, no arguments” Buffy piped in
“Oh and Buffy says to tell me where you are, we are gonna go pick you up no arguments, she doesn't want you walking alone right now, and honestly neither do I”
 
 
******
 
 
Willow looks around quickly “oh no don't worry I can go by myself I…I wouldn't want you guys to take a detour or anything because of me….where am I?, oh I'm uhh by the cemetery…..oh your near by, oh great I guess I'll wait for you guys there. Ok, so how far away you are…5 minutes, umm ok well then I'll meet you guys by the gates…bye”
 
 
Willow quickly turned back to the headstone, she looked at it and traced a letter in the name “I'll comeback soon” She said and with that she left trying not to cry, but she couldn't help but have a couple tears fall from her eyes.
She walked as quickly as she could to head out of the cemetery before Buffy and Dawn got there.
 
 
 
*******
 
 
 
The summer's sisters walked in silence. Buffy thinking about what she was going to do. She had to make a choice and it could be anything.
Dawn was quiet, trying to give Buffy some space.
They walked side by side just thinking, as they approached the cemetery. Until Dawn broke the silence
 
 
“Hey is that Willow?” She asked Buffy looking over to her and then back at the figure coming out of the cemetery
“Yeah that's certainly our redhead….well I guess now we no where she's been going to do errands” Buffy grabbed Dawn by the elbow “Come on lets go see if she's ok”
 
********
 
 
Willow walked through the cemetery gates; she didn't see Buffy or Dawn. Just as she sighed she herd a very familiar voice
“Hey will, Where ya been?” Asked Buffy, as they walked right up to her.
Willow quickly turned around with a small squeak
“Buffy, hi…I was just….”
 
 
“Its ok Willow we know, and you don't have to hide it, its ok for you to be visiting her grave” Buffy said gently
“I know, I just…I don't know why I didn't tell you guys I just didn't” She explained obviously frustrated that she didn't know why she hadn't told them anything.
“Its ok, lets just go home, we've had along night.”
With that the trio set of to the Summers home.
 
******
Summers Home
 
“I'm kinda tired I'm gonna go to bed, night Buffy, Night Willow” Dawn said as she gave them each a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
“Good night Dawn,” Buffy said as she went to the kitchen, before she got there she called out to Willow, “Hey Will when you get a chance meet me in the kitchen.
“Sure thing Buffy, Night Dawnie, Sleep tight” She said as she gave Dawn her hug. She saw Dawn go up stairs and once Dawn as out of site she went into the kitchen looking for Buffy.
 
 
When Willow got to the kitchen she saw Buffy on a stool by the kitchen island eating ice cream from the tub.
“Didn't slay much today did ya, what was that, that Dawn said you guys encountered” she grinned using Dawn's words.
“ yeah that's what I wanted you in here for, maybe you could do a little research for me, to make sure its not a demon-y thing pretending to be good and all” Buffy said shrugging as she took a spoonful of ice cream to her mouth.
 
 
“Yeah ok, lets go into the dinning room and boot up my lap top” Both Willow and Buffy with her ice cream sat at the dinning room table by Willows computer.
“Ok….so what do you want me to look up” Willow asked as she turned the computer on and opened an internet page. “Might wana tell me what happened too” She suggested since she still didn't know anything about what Buffy and Dawn had seen.
“Yeah, look up The Guardians” Buffy said as she got up from her chair abandoning her ice cream and looked over Willows shoulder, from behind her.
 
 
“The Guardians? What did they want?” Willow asked as she looked for something to give them a better idea to what they were dealing with.
“Well it wasn't the Guardians, it was like I guess a messenger, She said her name was Angelica, She appeared out of no where and is all `Buffy Summers I've been looking for you' ”
Willow stopped her typing and looked over to Buffy” Well what did she want?”
“That's the thing, it wasn't what she wanted, it's what I want, and she said she would grant me one wish”
 
 
As soon as Buffy had said that the guardian would grant her one wish Willows eyes popped open” What! Buffy did you make the wish, because sometimes wishing stuff like that doesn't always work out…remember my vixen-y evil vamp self, the `I think I'm kinda gay' one” she said in a bit of a panic.
Buffy grinned “Breath Willow, breath, in and out in and out”
Willow gently slapped her arm” Ha Ha funny, so I panic, but still what did you wish for?” She asked filled with curiosity.
 
 
Buffy sighed” I didn't…she gave me 24 hours to make up my mind and then she'll come back and ask for my wish… will if this is true I can wish for anything, I can wish for Angel, the love of my life, to be human, so things can work between us, or I can wish for my parents to have never gotten divorced and be happy for us, I can wish for Dawnie to be nothing but my sister, no key deal” she said quietly.
“Wow, that's….Big” Willow said shocked.
 
 
“yeah it is…I think it's safe to say I won't be getting any sleep tonight and I won't be able to concentrate on any thing tomorrow.” Buffy said with a sigh
They both looked up when they herd footsteps coming down the stairs.
“Dawnie? Is that you sweetie” Willow asked while she stood up and started walking around the table, and Buffy followed her.
“Yeah it's me” Dawn said with a yawn.
 
 
“Couldn't sleep?” Willow asked as she ran her hand through Dawn's hair and her back.
“Yeah, I've been tossing and turning, and let me be the first to mention, either you two are very loud, or I have very good hearing” She said smiling but soon turned into another yawn “anyways I came for some warm milk”
“Oh here, I'll get you some” Willow said and walked over to the kitchen.
“Gotta love Will” Buffy said grinning at her best friends actions.
“yeah, she was kinda like a mom to me, along with Tara, when you were gone….They both would help me and stuff, and Tara would make pancakes, I really loved her funny shaped pancakes” Dawn said sadly.
 
 
Buffy was going to say something when Willow walked in. “here ya go Dawnie.” She said handing the warm milk to Dawn.
“thanks Will, well I'm gonna go back up, night guys” She said and sleepily walked back up the stares.
Willow yawned “well lets get back to work” She said and walked back to her laptop.
“Actually Willow, why don't you go to bed, you seem tired, and you've done enough… more then enough” She added quietly to her self.
“You sure Buff. I can work on your stuff its no big deal” She said trying to hide a yawn.
“No… come on, to bed with you” She said shutting the lap top of and dragging Willow to the stairs.
 
 
“What about your Guardian person.” She asked as Buffy walked her up the stairs and towards her room.
“I'll deal with that tomorrow, ok… although you probably won't see me I'm gonna be out most of the day, and then I have work and then patrol, so like I said I'll deal.” Buffy opened the door to Willows room, and pushed her in” Now get your pj's on and get into bed…do I have to tuck you in” Buffy asked crossing her arms over her chest.
“No mommy” Willow said going into her room. “So I'll see you tomorrow then, night Buffy.”
“Goodnight Willow, sweet dreams” Buffy said closing Willows door.
 
 
*************************
 
Next Morning
 
 
Buffy walked in to the kitchen around 6 in the morning. When she walked in she saw Willow with a cup of coffee in her hands “Morning Will, sleep good?” Buffy asked. She walked to the coffee pot, and getting her self a cup of coffee.
Willow turned to her and gave a weak smiled “umm, yeah it, it was fine” She said and took a drink from her cup.
 
 
“Ok well I have to go open the Doublemeat Palace, is there anything you need from the store or something?” Buffy asked quickly drinking her coffee.
“I don't think so, if I remember anything I can give you a call….I'm gonna go wake Dawn up, don't want her to be late for school” She smiled and got up.
“Ok, I'll see you two later tonight” With that Willow went up stairs to wake Dawn up and Buffy left for the Doublemeat Palace.
 
 
 
***********************
 
 
Downtown Sunnydale
 
Buffy was walking towards the house after doing some grocery shopping. When she got to the drive way she got the mail from the mail box and walked towards the front door.
She walked in and looked around to see no one in sight.
 
 
“Honey I'm home” She said grinning. When she didn't get a response she asked” Is any body home?”
“Buffy is that you, in the kitchen” Dawn said, indicating where she was to Buffy.
Buffy walked into the kitchen to see Dawn and Willow eating dinner. "hey guys" She said putting some groceries on the counter.
 
 
“Hey Buffy” Willow smiled got up and got a dinner plate ready for Buffy. She handed the plate to Buffy “dinner? how was your day?” she asked getting back to her plate
“oh my god, I couldn't concentrate on anything I did, at work I burned most of the food I prepared, when I went to the store I shopped, paid for the stuff an almost left it all in the cart. Coming home I almost walked two blocks past the house, and I almost went into the wrong house. And you wanna know why, I couldn't get that stupid Guardian of my mind. I kept expecting her to show up and be all like' Buffy Summers I will grant you your wish now' ” She said with a sigh.
Both Willow and Dawn looked at each other.
 
 
“Wow Willow, after seven years she finally caught your babbling abilities.” Dawn told Willow and Willow just grinned.
Buffy just looked at them and went back to eating her dinner” I don't appreciate you having fun with my pain” She said with her mouth full. “ and I'd say more stuff but we have kids in the room and I'm late for patrol” she said as she looked at Dawn and grinned at the look she saw on Dawn's face, she went back to finishing her dinner.
“Hey I think I'm old enough to hear what you have to say, I don't need to be sheltered. I am a teenager…Plus if you don't say stuff now, then I…I'll learn everything I know of the street”
 
 
“In that case, maybe I should just lock you up and not let you go any where….Willow can home school you” She said pointing at Willow with her fork.
“Hey how come I have to be punished?” Willow said with a pout on her face, she looked at Buffy and then at Dawn. She saw Dawn cross her arms over her chest and put a look on her face that just said excuse me.
“Uhh, I mean, she's a smart kid, she doesn't need me, why should I be punished by uhh, getting a student who doesn't need me to teach them” She said and gave Dawn a guilty apologetic smile.
 
 
“Nice save Will” Buffy said as she stood up and put her plate in the sink. “But I am off, you guys gonna be ok?” She asked as she went to the living room and got a stake from the chest that was behind the couch.
“ We'll be fine, there giving this thing on TV we were gonna watch later tonight…hey come home early and we can make pop corn and have one of those girl nights we've been talking about” Willow said grinning.
 
 
“maybe, but I was planning on doing an all nighter, maybe hit Willie up again, he said there was a nest some where in town, see if I can find it” She said as she put a small knife in her waist band and the stake she had gotten on the inside of her sleeve.
“Oh, ok, you're not going to try and dust them if you do. Are you?” A worried Willow asked
“No don't worry, this is strictly recon” She said as she buttoned her jacket but stopped when she saw Willow give a sad smile.
 
 
“You ok” Buffy asked s she saw the difference in Willows face.
“yeah I'm fine, I…one time I said the same thing, `this is strictly recon' to uh Tara, she said I was like a cool monster fighter…it just reminded me of her” Willow said quietly, but quickly smiled and walked towards the door and opened it as Buffy walked there too “Come on don't you have to get going or something, I'd rather you leave early and come back sooner then the other way around.
“You sure, that nest will still be there tomorrow morning” Buffy asked Willow putting her hand on Willow's shoulder.
 
 
“I'm sure now scoot” Willow smiled and Buffy walked out the door, she turned around and started walking backwards. “ok I'll see you two in the morning and don't go to sleep to late Dawn, oh and I have to open the Doublemeat Palace tomorrow so I'll be off early or just make my way there from patrol” She said as she left. Willow closed the door behind her as soon as she couldn't see Buffy any more.
“Ok Dawnie you ready for that girls night.” She said turning back to Dawn.
 
 
 
 
***********************
 
 
Buffy was walking down the side walk looking for anything that looked suspicious, she was becoming very bored since she hadn't found any vampires. She walked by the downtown shops in Sunnydale, suddenly she stopped by a shop that was by the Magic Box. In the window she saw a skirt, pair of shoes, and a blouse. She looked at the prize tags that were by each of the items.
“100 dollars for those shoes, what do they think I'm made of, money? Ooh, but those are really cute” She sighed and walked away. Looking a little depressed. She started slowly walking again.
 
 
“Get the double treat, that's the double sweet, oh it's hard to beat, when the meats meet… Oh, why can't I get this stupid jingle out of my head?” She runs her hands through her hair annoyed. One minute later she finds her self singing the same jingle.
“'Get the double treat, that's the double sweet, oh it's hard to beat, when the meats meet...” A bright light appears before her. She moves her arm to cover her eyes, as soon as the light fades she brings he arm down and sees Angelica.
“I see we meet once again, look no offense or anything but do you have to keep showing up like that?” She asked the messenger with an annoyed tone to her voice.
Angelica just grinned “Sorry but, I like a good entrance, but don't worry, I won't be making any more entrances with you after tonight”
 
 
“Oh right, the wish.” Buffy said quietly.
“Yes the with, I assume you have made up your mind or about to do so in the next few minutes, am I right”
“Yeah, I, you sure I can wish for anything” She asked again not sure if she should trust the messenger.
“I assure you Ms. Summers, anything with out consequences, unless you wish so”
Buffy looked unsure, she didn't say anything at first. But slowly a small smile appeared on her face and it quickly grew. She looked over by were the magic shop and the store with the shoes were. She looked back to Angelica and nodded her head.
“Ok I wish for…”
 
 
 
**********************
 
Willow walked down the stairs and smelled coffee, She smiled” Buffy is that you?” She asked as she finish coming down the stairs.
“Yeah Willow it's me.” She said as she came from out of the kitchen and she met her in the dinning room.
“So how was patrol?”
Willow asked once she was in front of the small blonde.
“Well I didn't do much slaying, that messenger girl, Angelica, did the whole light show appearance thing again, let me tell you that is really annoy…”
 
 
“Wait, wait, wait, what…your wish, you made the wish, ok go back and start from the beginning what did you wish for” Willow asked, her curiosity getting the better of her, she couldn't wait any longer. "Tell me” She begged.
Buffy smiled at her friend “Nope. Sorry it's a secret.” Buffy joked and tried to get past Willow only to have Willow block her way. “Fine I'll tell you.”
 
 
“Thank you” Willow said and put her guard down, but Buffy quickly ran past Willow only to have Willow turn around and quickly grab her wrist and stop her before she could get to far away. "Ok so I was walking by the magic shop when I saw this really cute outfit at April Fools, the shoes were the cutest, but they were like a hundred dollars, so I left and two minutes later wammm, there she is asking for my wish…..oooh do you like my new shoes” Buffy asked Willow as she showed her, her feet.
 
 
“Shoes, Buffy, you wished for those expensive shoes you saw.” Willow asked with her mouth open.
“No silly, these aren't the ones I saw anyways” Buffy said as she walked towards the front door.
“Buffy what did you wish for?” She asked not sure if she should believe Buffy.
“It's a secret but don't worry Will, you'll find out, but I have to go open the Doublemeat palace so I'll see you guys later” She grinned as she closed the door.
 
 
 
“She didn't tell me, I can't believe she didn't tell me” She said shaking her head. She sighed “coffee, I need coffee” She said and turned around. She lifted her foot of the ground but before she could put it back down she stopped. Her mouth was open as she saw Tara standing in front of her.
 
 
 
“Hi” Tara said as she stood there 5 feet in front of Willow.
“Tara?” She asked in a small voice unsure of what she was seeing in front of her. Willow still didn't say anything or even move, her skin had turned white, she didn't even notice Buffy open the door again.
 
 
“Yeah its me, I'm here Willow” Tara said softly.
Willow looked in the same blue eyes that she had always felt safe and wonderful in, trying to look for a sign that that wasn't the love of her live standing in front of her. “How?” She asked.
 
 
“I didn't know what I should wish for when she first told me I had a wish, but as I thought about it, there wasn't any other person in the world that I thought should be here more than her. She's my wish” Buffy explained as she made her way next to Willow.
 
 
Willow looked from Buffy to Tara and back again. When she turned one more time to Tara everything started getting blurry and fussy. Then there was only darkness in Willow's eyes as she fainted.
 
Tara's eyes widened as she saw Willow start to fall .She started to run to Willow but was to late to catch her. Luckily Buffy was right beside Willow to catch her fall.
 
 
“Willow” They both said with Willow now being held up by Buffy's arms.
“Let's take her up stairs” Buffy said as she started to raise Willow into her arms.
“Here I'll carry her” Tara said as she stepped up to Buffy with her arms extended.
Buffy finished putting Willow completely into her arms “no I can carry her better. Super strength and all. Come on lets take her up stairs.”
They both headed up the stairs with Willow in Buffy's arms. Tara went in front and opened the door to the room that used to be theirs.
 
 
Buffy put Willow on the bed. They both herd the front door open and close. Buffy turned to Tara “that's probably Dawn” Buffy couldn't help but to smile when she saw Tara smile when she herd Dawn's name. “I'll go down stairs and get some stuff for Willow, I'll be right back” Buffy left the room.
Once the door shut Tara walked to the side of the bed next to Willow.
She ran her hands through Willow's hair.
“I missed you” she whispered.
 
 
***********************************************
 
 
Buffy walked into the kitchen, only to find Dawn drinking from a carton of orange juice with the fridge door open.
“Use a glass” Said Buffy as she looked for a bowl. Once she found the bowl she filed it with cold water and some ice. She then looked for a kitchen towel.
By now Dawn had gotten a glass for the juice she was going to drink, she changed her mind and instead of filling it up with juice she got water.
“What's that for” she asked her older sister.
 
 
“It's for Willow she fainted” Buffy said as she put in some ice cubes in the water to keep it cold.
“What? Why did she faint?” Asked a worried Dawn as she walked up next to Buffy. Who was starting to head out of the kitchen.
Buffy ignored Dawn's question, instead she gave her a mysteries grin “I have a surprise for you…in Willows room” She said grinning the entire time.
Dawn was confused but her curiosity got the best of her. “A surprise for me…really what is it?” She asked also grinning by know. She looked like a small child in a candy store. They walked up the stairs towards Willow's room
 
 
“Well a surprise for every one, but I think you'll like it a lot, you'll love it. Guaranteed, in here” Buffy pointed with her head to Willows room.
 
Dawn quickly got the hint as to open the door when she opened it she froze her foot in the air as she was about to step. Buffy grinned at her reaction and walked past her to put the water bowl on the night stand. Tara had now moved from her place on the bed where she was seated to a standing position at the foot of the bed.
Buffy walked back to Dawn and gave her a small push. But instead of Dawn walking forward, she dropped the glass of water she had. If it wasn't for Buffy's quick reflexes the glass would have surly crashed and soaked the carpeted floor.
“T-Tara?” Dawn asked in a quiet voice.
 
 
“It's me Dawnie.” Tara said with a smile on her face she started to walk towards the teen but was only able to take two steps. The rest was stopped when Dawn ran to her and hugged her as if it were her last time.
”Tara it really is you...but h-how?” she said. She had tears of joy on her face.
“Shhh…its ok Dawnie. Its ok, Buffy did this.” Tara explained. She hugged the teen tightly and Dawn pulled away when all that Tara had said had sunken in. She turned her head and looked at her older sister.
 

“You…you did this, how you do this, when did you……”a small grin started to appear on her face. She let go of Tara and excitedly ran to Buffy.
“You made the wish!!! You made the wish!!!” She said loudly and hugged her, and didn't let go of Buffy. She pulled away with a huge smile on her face. She turned to Tara and had tears in her eyes.
“I missed you so much.” she said but then turned to Buffy. Buffy also had tears in her eyes as did Tara. Buffy was about to say she had missed her to when suddenly Dawn punched in the arm.
 
 
“Why didn't you tell me this was going to be your wish?” She asks Buffy suddenly being annoyed that Buffy hadn't told her, her great plan.
“Hey that hurt!” Buffy said looking at Dawn also annoyed.
Dawn was going to say something in return. But both looked at Tara with confused looks on their faces when they herd her laughing.
“Ah sorry, I just….As m-much as I hate it when you t-two fight…I really m-missed it.” She said with a smile.
 
 
The three enveloped them selves in a group hug.
When they pulled away, Dawn noticed an unconscious body on the bed.
“So this is why Willow is all with the sleepy” She asked.
“Yeas Dawn. That is why Willow is all with the sleepy.” Buffy answered her.
 
“Ok, ok why don't we work on waking Willow up, ok...Dawn why don't you call the gang and tell them to come here ….but do not tell them anything ok?” She asked her younger sister, who excitedly ran put of the room to the phone and started making phone calls.
 
 
Both Tara and Willow smiled at each other and shook their heads.
“Ok now let's work on waking that girlfriend of yours.” They walked next to the bed. Buffy got the kitchen towel and the water bowl next to the bed. She got it wet with cool water and put it on Willows forehead and face.
 
 
Slowly green eyes started to flicker open. Willow moaned and held her head. She didn't see Tara who was behind her on the other side of the bed. Willow saw Buffy though.
“Ugh... what happened?” she asked groggily
“You ….Miss Rosenberg, fainted” Buffy said with out explaining anything else.
Willow chuckled “no kidding…I think I'm going crazy…I thought I saw, Tara” She said sadly, whishing it were true.
Buffy didn't say anything, she looked up and past Willows shoulder.
Willow noticed this and turned her head. And saw the love of her life for the second time that day.
 
 
“Hi” Repeated Tara like she had a few minutes before and that was all she said.
Unfortunately Willow also repeated what she did a few minutes before and she fainted again, but this time instead of falling into Buffy's arms she fell onto the bed.
Buffy looked from Willow to Tara back to Willow. She finally looked up to Tara again with a smirk on her face.
 
 
“You know you should stop saying that” she told the worried blonde across from her.
“You think…is every one going to react the way she did?” she asked a little worried.
“Don't worry about it, I think every one will be fine…well maybe Xander might join Willow in bed….”she turned red when she realized how what she said must have sounded like. “Ummm in the faint-y type way not in a naked togetherness type way. Because Willows a woman, and Xanders a…well man, and Willow's gay and in love… with you and wouldn't ever be with Xander or any else, and some one please shoot me now.” She said quickly now turning as red as Willows fire-y hair. “I've been friends with Willow to long” she mumbled.
 
 
Tara couldn't help but to smirk.
Buffy just gave her an apologetic smile.
Buffy took one more look at Willow and sighed. She looked again at Tara and stood up. “Come one lets let sleeping beauty here rest, I think she's been tired and overwhelmed”
“Are you sure she's going to be ok” Tara asked a little worried.
“Yeah, she'll be fine” When Buffy said those words they herd the front door open and they herd Xander greet Dawn, followed by the rest of the Scooby's.
“The gangs here come on” she said getting u off the bed and towards the door. She waited for Tara there until Tara reached her
 
 
“Ok so how about I go down and talk to them a little and then you can come on in ok?” She asked Tara who only nodded
They walked together down the hall and then half way down the stairs Tara stopped. Buffy smiled and kept going.
She walked into the living room where Xander, Anya, Giles, and Dawn where seated.
When they herd her come in they all looked towards her.
“Hey gang” she greeted them.
“Hey Buff…what's up, The Dawsnter called us all and said we had a Scooby meeting” Xander asked from his seat next to Anya.
 
 
“Yes, is there some new demon we should be worrying about, perhaps research is in need” Added Giles. “Say, where is Willow?”
“Willows…in bed.” Dawn piped in.
“In bed, does she have a new orgasm friend?” Anya asked looking first at Dawn and then at Buffy, then moving her looks towards the stair case
“Anya” every one but a laughing Dawn said. Buffy glared at Anya
“no, she's sleeping.” Buffy told every one looking at Anya specifically, when she saw Anya's mouth open to say more she added “by her self”
“Ah yes well, now that we have cleared that, may we please move on from the subject and onto the matter at fact, what was it we were called for here today Buffy?” asked Giles while whipping his glasses.
 
 
“Thank you, now the reason that I called you here today is because I have some news, some thing happed the other night, when Dawn and I were walking home.” She explained what happened to them. When she was done they all asked the same question but Dawn.
 
“What did you wish for?”
 
Buffy smiled, knowing that was the question they were all going to ask.
“Well I thought about it very hard, and there was a lot I could have wished for. I thought about Angel, my mom, and a normal life…but then I realized what my wish needed to be, I wished for what we all missed and need.” She took a step back and turned around walking out of the living room.
 
 
They all looked around” Isn't she going to tell us?” Xander asked Dawn. Dawn just grinned.
 
 
A few moments later Buffy came back in.
 
“Buff, what did you wish for?” He asked her when he noticed her.
“I wished for the one thing that would make our family complete again.” She turned her face, and every one followed her look. They all saw Tara enter the room.
 
 
 
Giles was the first to speak “Dear Lord”
Xander had his mouth wide open.
Anya stood up and ran to hug Tara. “Oh Tara we missed you so much, I didn't want you to go” She said crying on Tara's shoulder.
“I missed you too” Tara says softly smiling.
When Anya finally let go Tara smiled at her and saw Xander getting up and walking to her. He smiled at her and hugged her tightly.
 
 
**************************************
 
 
Willow began to stir in bed. She opened her eyes and saw that she was alone in bed, no Buffy and definitely no Tara.
She gave a heavy sigh “It was all just a dream” she said a little disappointed.
She got up from the bed and heady for the door. She got out and went down the stairs.
 
 
***************************************
 
 
Once Xander let go of Tara she was pulled into Giles's arms. “welcome back Tara” he told her smiling.
“Thank you Mr. Giles” she told him sincerely.
He still hugged her when he noticed Willow going down the last two steps.
 
 
Willow walked to the living room with her head down, rubbing her temples. She looked up and saw the gang in front of her with Giles holding a blond woman in his arms.
 
 
Tara saw Giles looking up and turned letting go of him. When she turned she saw willow there.
 
 
Willows eyes widened when she realized that the blond woman was Tara.
 
 
To be continued….