Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Deciding ❯ Deciding Mind ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to anyone who send feedback from the first chapter. Here's the second one. Hope you enjoy it. And once again id love feed back.
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Willow just stared at Tara, not even blinking.
 
 
Tara opened her mouth to speak but Buffy cut in pointing at her. “Don't you dare say hi” she said with a knowing smile. Tara just smiled back and looked at Willow.
 
 
“Tara?” Willow asked with a small voice.
“It's me, Will” She said stepping forward slowly.
Willow was trying to hold back tears but it was all too much for her and a few slipped.
Buffy saw that Willow wasn't doing much besides just standing there and staring. She walked to her and placed her hand on her shoulder.
 
 
“Its ok Will” She said giving Willow a little push.
That's all Willow needed. Out of all of the Scooby's she took running the fastest to Tara. She was running so fast and hugged her so hard that if Xander and Giles hadn't been behind Tara, she would have fallen back.
 
 
As soon as they hugged each other, the rest of the world went away. It was just the two of them. Willow hugged her so hard it was hard for Tara to breath, but she didn't care or do anything about it, she was just glad to be back in Willow's arms.
 
 
Every one else was so happy to see them together like this that after a few moments of watching them hug and see how much they had missed each other, the gang felt as if they were intruding on a private moment for the two witches. They all looked at each other and silently left the two girls alone in the living room as they all went into the kitchen.
 
 
***********************************
 
Kitchen
 
 
Buffy, Dawn, Xander, Anya, and Giles all walked into the kitchen, Anya and Dawn sat on the stools that where by the kitchen island. Buffy sat on the counter across from them. Giles and Xander stood close by. They had huge grins on their faces. They all were happy to have Tara back. And they all were happy for Willow, because she had Tara back.
“Are the going to go have sex now?” Anya asked every one.
They all just stared at her.
 
 
Giles gave her a look that just said I know I shouldn't be surprised but I can't believe you just said that.
 
 
Both Xander and Buffy were looking at her like your killing me here. Even though they were both wondering if Willow and Tara were going to sleep together.
And dawn just looked at her as if she should know the answer to that.
No one said anything out loud though.
 
***************************************
 
 
Back with Willow and Tara
 
 
The two witches just held each other. After some time Willow pulled back a little from Tara. Her eyes were still moist with tears, as were her cheeks.
“I missed you” Willow told Tara in a whisper.
Tara smiled at her and wiped away Willows tears with her thumb.
 
 
“I missed you to Willow” She said kissing Willow's forehead. Willow smiled and kissed Tara's forehead, she moved down to Tara's nose, then her cheeks, and finally Willow kissed Tara's lips. They kissed each other with passion. Expressing their love in a single kiss.
When they pulled apart they were the happiest they had been in a long time, and they went back to holding each other.
 
 
“I love you” Willow said into Tara's shoulder.
“I love you too” Tara said back stroking Willows hair.
They both smiled and leaned in to kiss each other again.
 
*****************************************
 
Kitchen
 
 
Every one was still in their original place from a few moments ago.
“Do you think they are going to be there long, I'm getting hungry.” Every one looked at Anya like she was crazy.
 
 
“Ahn…you're in a kitchen” Xander said looking and pointing around.
“Yeah well….I want to eat with Tara, she hasn't eaten in a long time and I wana be there for her first meal.” She said as if every one should want the same thing as her. “She's not just Willow's you know”
 
 
At that moment Dawns stomach chose to growl and let its hunger be known.
Dawn looked down at her stomach and then gave every one a guilty look “I'm kinda hungry too, and it would be nice to eat with Tara. And we've all missed her.” She said looking to Buffy, silently asking if she would do something about it.
Buffy noticed the look “Ok, ok, why don't we go see how they're doing and then ask if they're hungry and want to eat with us, deal?”
 
 
Every one agreed and walked out of the kitchen. Once they reached the end of the dinning room they all stop and poked their heads out. They all saw the back of Willow and Tara hugging her and running her fingers through Willows red hair, while they kissed.
 
 
 
“Willow's so greedy. She won't even share Tara, What does she think, that Tara belongs to her.” An annoyed Anya said in a loud whisper.
 
 
 
“I herd that Anya” Willow said turning to face the gang with Tara still in her arms.
“And I am hers” Tara said sweetly looking at Willow. Willow turned to face Tara when she herd her say that and smiled at her before leaning in for a kiss. When she pulled back she was grinning. She turned back to the gang with the same grin still on her face.
“But since I'm so nice” she then looked at Anya in particular. “And not greedy…I'll share Tara.”
 
 

”Yay!” Dawn said stepping out and going to hug Tara again.
“I don't know about you two, but the rest of us haven't even had breakfast. So how about some of those great funny shaped pancakes you make?” Dawn asked Tara with a hopeful smile.
 
 
Tara grinned back and nodded.
“Ok but some one else, like say oh you guys, have to do the dishes” Willow said as they all walked into the kitchen.
 
 
While Tara made her famous funny shaped pancakes every one else was some where in the kitchen. Willow was helping Tara, but it was mostly just handing her stuff she needed.
 
 
Every one, mostly Dawn, talked to her and told her about the things that had happened while she had been gone. They all were having a good time and laughing.
 
Every one told their good stories except for Willow. Willow just smiled and laughed. But she didn't say any stories of her own. In the inside Willow was afraid to speak of the past. Even if good things had happened, something still haunted her.
 
 
She was afraid of what Tara might think or do if she ever told her what had happened as soon as she was gone. She didn't want to see what would happen if Tara found out that as soon as she had died Willow had gone back to what Tara had originally left her for, Magic. She thought it was kinda ironic. Tara left her because of magic and then Tara leaves again and she goes back to magic.
 
 
She knew she would have to tell her about it, but just the thought of it upset her. Tara, who was in front of her now making pancakes, noticed a change in Willow. She frowned at it and turned her head to face Willow
 
 
“Are you ok?” She asked concerned. She looked at the now smiling redhead. She had to turn around back to the stove to make sure that pancakes wouldn't burn
“I'm fine, great even now that your back” She said sliding her hands around Tara's waist and hugging her. She placed a kiss on Tara's ear and felt Tara relax into her.
 
Once breakfast was ready they all moved into the dining room. Willow and Tara sat next to each other, holding hands. Dawn sat in front of them, with Xander and Anya at her side. Giles sat at the head of the table with Buffy next to him and across from Anya.
 
They all ate their breakfast talking still about good things that went on while Tara was gone or talking about good things that happened before that, that Tara also joined in. Anya as always made Xander blush as she talked about their sex life. And every time she did that some one would always go.
 
“Anya….We're eating” Or
 
“Ahn …you're killing me here honey.”
 
But that never stopped the ex-demon from talking about it.
 
Once every one was finished, Dawn suggested going into town. “We could get you some stuff Tara. And we could catch up some more and do stuff…Oh we can get milkshakes and go watch movies?” She asked in an almost begging tone, remembering the good times she had with Tara on their big milkshake movie fun days.

Tara looked towards buffy to see if it would be ok. Buffy nodded, “why don't you guys go, I still have to go to work, if I haven't lost my job yet” she joked as she got up.
 
“Yes well I'm afraid Anya and I can't accompany you neither, we have to go to The Magic Box.” Giles told Tara as he also got up followed by Anya and Xander. Walking to the door Anya turned back to them as she walked next to Xander. “Yes there is money to be made.” Xander nodded and added why he couldn't be there “Yeah me too, I have to be at the site and check things out with my guys.”
“And after that we're gonna go home and have sex how bout you?” Anya said before being pushed through the door by Xander.
 

Xander looked back at the rest of the women in the house, his cheeks were a bit red and gave them an apologetic smile, then he walked out closing the door behind him.
 
 
“I better go too, bye guys, have fun” Buffy told them, they all said good bye to her too as she went out the back door.

”Please tell me you can stay Willow?” Dawn asked turning to the redhead who had been surprisingly quiet the whole day. “Yes, I can Dawnie” she answered back smiling.
 
“Great!” she said jumping of the chair she was sitting on, “ok well I'm gonna go get ready so we can leave as soon as I'm done” She said taking off and running up the stairs.
 
Willow and Tara just looked at each other, Willow smiled at Tara. She lifted their interlaced hands to her lips and kissed Tara's hand.
 
“I missed you so much darling” Tara told her in a whisper. She raised her free hand and caressed Willows face.
 
“I missed you too love” Willow smiled sweetly at her. Tara moved her hand to the back of Willow's. She gently pulled Willow to her. Their lips met in a gentle kiss. Soon their kiss became more passionate and their hands began to roam. Tara moved her hand to Willow's back, and moved under her shirt. Willow did the same to Tara's. They slowly moved to the edges of their chairs to be closer to each other.
 
 
Willow was at the very edge and couldn't move closer with out falling of the chair. She got up with out breaking the kiss and straddled Tara's lap. Tara moved both her hands to willows waist. She started lifting Willows shirt slowly, inch by inch. She pulled away from their kiss and Willow whimpered, but it turned into a moan when she felt Tara's lips on her neck.
Willow moved her hands to the bottom of Tara's shirt and was about to pull it off, but stopped. “Room….up stairs….bed” she said. “Mmmhmm” Tara mumbled into her neck.
 
 
Tara stood up with Willow still on her lap, and Willow giggled. She set her down and willow grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the stairs. Willow was about to step onto the first step when, “Where are you guys going so fast? I'm ready to go” Dawn said to them, looking at them with a weird look from the forth step on the stairs
 
Both Willows and Tara's head shot up at the sound of Dawns voice. “Uh we were…uh” Willow looked over at Tara for help.
 
“What were you guys doing, did you go for a run or something.” She said to the panting witches.
 
 
“Uh no sweetie we were actually going to get you.” Tara lied to Dawn. As much as she hated lying, she didn't want dawn to know exactly what they had planned to do.
 
 
“Oh well I'm here now, so lets go.” She said and walked further down the steps as willow and Tara turned and walked to the door.
 
 
Willow sighed as she walked towards the door, Buffy just needed to have a little sister. She thought. With that, the three of them went into town.
 
 
******************************
 
 
After being out for a while, they had gotten Tara some necessary things, they had seen a movie, had lunch, and now they were just walking around town. Tara was absorbing everything again. Every one had a good time, they laughed and joked and had time to bond again.
 
But every once in a while a certain redhead would think back to the past while the other two were too caught up laughing about something.
 
 
 
They went into a shoe store. Dawn had said that they needed new shoes so they could show them to Buffy and get her jealous. Willow just grinned, while Tara smiled and shook her head. While they were there, willow stayed back while Dawn led them through the store. With Tara at her side.
 
Willow kept thinking about what happened after Tara died, and before. It was true, she blamed her self for everything. For all the unhappiness and hurt she had put Tara through,
 
 
She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard some one talking to Tara. More specifically, flirting with her.
 
 
Dawn had gone to a different part of the store to check some things out and had left Tara looking at some shoes that she liked while willow had been left behind staring into space.
 
The salesclerk had seen Tara and had very flirtatiously asked her if she needed anything. Tara had politely refused and had expected the clerk to go away. When the brunet didn't Tara looked back at her and gave her a polite smile before walking a couple feet away as if looking at the shoes that were aligned there.
“Those are great.”
 
Tara looked up when she herd the salesclerk again. “Uhh, yes, t-t-they are”
 
“I'm Katie” She said sticking her hand out to Tara.
 
“T-Tara” She said shaking Katie's hand
 
“That's a beautiful name, it suits you” She said winking at Tara
“So I got some other…shoes in the back, wanna go…check them out” She said stepping closer to Tara.
 
 
Tara took a step back “No I'm fine looking at these here thanks” she said turning away. Kadin took some big steps and stepped in front of Tara.
 
Willow had been seeing and listening to this other girl talk to Tara. At first she had been smirking, but after a while she had gotten upset and started walking towards them.
 
“Come on, nobody will know, it'll be just between you and me. No body will mind.” She said smirking and running her fingers up Tara's arm.
 
“Actually, I'd mind” Willow said stepping next to Tara.
 
“Who the hell are you?” Kadin asked her a little pissed that the red head had interrupted her.
 
I'm her girlfriend” She said interlacing he fingers with Tara's. She gave Kadin a look warning her not to try something again.
 
“What ever… buy something or get out Blondie” she said to Tara walking away.
 
“What was that all about?” Asked Dawn as she walked up to them having herd the last few exchange of words.
 
 
“Nothing, Dawnie. Lets go” Willow said still glaring at the brunet.
“Aren't you going to buy those shoes you liked Tara?” dawn asked her scrunching her brows together, “I thought you wanted them.”
 

”No sweetie, I changed my mind.” She said smiling at Dawn. “How about we go see what else is around, what you say.”
 
“Sure Tara, it's your day” She said nodding at the blond witch.
 
With that the three of them headed out the door. Dawn was the one who was ahead and the first to go out the door, When she stepped out she looked back to see if Willow and Tara were behind her. She was so caught up that she didn't notice some, also not paying much attention, walking at her. They both bumped into each other.
“Oh I'm sor…Buffy?” Dawn asked when she noticed that the person she had bumped into was her sister.
 
 
“Oh hey guys, what's up” She said once she noticed what was going on. She inwardly grinned at her self. This is perfect. She thought as she saw how happy Dawn seemed to have Tara back. And how happy willow and Tara looked being together again. But she did notice a little bit of sadness in her eyes. She decided to ask Willow about it later.
 
“Oh nothing much, just a little browsing, a little shopping,” Dawn said, and added smirking and turning to face willow. “…and a little Willow going all butch on the salesclerk.”
 
“What?” Buffy asked confused, but getting curious on what had happened. She turned to look at Willow and Tara. Tara had her head down and was hiding behind her hair. Willow was blushing and glaring at Dawn. Then Buffy had a knowing grin. “Some one was flirting with Tara, weren't they.” It was more of a statement then it was a question.
 
“Yes!!!” Willow wined “I'm Katie, wanna go to the back?” She said mocking the salesclerk.
 
“Meow” Buffy said playfully to her best friend. Dawn laughed and even Tara giggled. Willow just stared at Buffy. “Ok, ok I'll stop.” She said smiling guiltily.
 

”Thank you… now are we still not done poking fun at me here or can we go.” She said holding up a couple of bags.
 
“Ok ok let's go, you guys finished with your shopping, we could get some pizza on the way home.” Buffy suggested as they started walking back towards the house.
 
 
“ooooh I want anchovies!”
 

”Daaaawn...anchovies?” Buffy asked looking a little disgusted
 
“Yes anchovies.” She said putting her hands on he hips.
 
“How bout we get a quarter of it with anchovies for Dawnie, and then the rest what we want.” Said Tara, as they got closer to the pizza place.
 
 
“Yay….anchovies, anchovies you're so delicious, I like you more then all the other fishes.” Dawn sang over and over as the walked into the restaurant. Buffy just rolled her eyes and tried to get as far as possible from the teen who just followed her. Willow and Tara both grinned at the interaction going on between the two sisters.
 
 
Once they had gotten their dinner they started off to the house. Dawn had started singing her anchovies song again, and Buffy had gotten a piece of pizza and handed it to her to shut her up.
 
 
*********************************************
Once at the house, they all headed into the kitchen and began eating and talking.
 
 
“Can we go put your stuff up stairs” Dawn asked Tara once they had finished eating. She was really excited to have Tara back and she wanted to spend as much time with her as she could.
 
 
 
“Of course Dawnie. Let's go.” She said standing up from her seat. Before following Dawn, she went to Willow.
 
“I'm pretty tired so I'm probably just going to go to sleep after we're done with everything.” She told Willow giving her a kind smile.
“I know, I thought you would” She said nodding and understanding. She smiled some more when Tara leaned down to kiss her and hug her good night. But before Tara pulled away from their hug she whispered in Willows ear. “I'm sorry we didn't get to be together tonight”
“Its ok, they'll be plenty of other nights” Willow kindly whispered back.
 
With that Tara said her goodnight to Buffy and followed Dawn upstairs. Willow had a small smile on her face watching them go up.
 
 
Buffy took advantage of them being alone to ask willow what she had wanted to ask when they first bumped into each other earlier in the day.
 
 
“Will…are you alright?” She asked her, a concerned tone in her voice.
Willow looked at her, “What?” She asked a little confused.
 
 
Buffy took in a deep breath trying to figure out how to explain what she saw in willow.
 
 
“Are you ok?” She asked again “You seemed kinda sad earlier today, and you seemed a little sad just now, are you ok?”
 
 
Willow didn't answer straight away, instead she just lowered her head. “No” She whispered. That if it hadn't been for Buffy's slayer hearing, she probably would have missed it.
 
Buffy was now really concerned. “Will, honey what's wrong?” She said getting up from across Willow and going next to her.


”Can we go out side?” Willow asked before she answered her.
“Sure” Was all that Buffy said back to her. They both got up. Willow followed Buffy out the door that was in the kitchen that led them to the backyard. Once they were both out there they sat on the steps.
 
“Ok, Willow, were out side. Now you're going to tell me right? What's wrong?” She asked turning to Willow.
Willow sighed and answered with one word. “Magic”
 
 
It wasn't much but Buffy knew the meaning of it. “Does she know?” She asked gently. Rubbing Willows back for comfort.
 
Willow shook her head. “No, I need to tell her but….”She sighed again. “I don't know how Buffy. “I don't even know if I wana tell her. I mean I want to and I know I should but what if…”
 
“What if she leaves you again? Willow you can't think that. Sweetie, she needs to know this and she loves you very much, she'll understand, even if she's not happy about it, she'll understand.” Buffy said trying to support Willow and give her strength.
 
“It's not that easy Buffy.” She told Buffy a little more upset now. “ She died in my arms after coming back to me, after forgiving me for using magic to much and on her, and how do I repay her, I try to bring her back with magic, I suck all the dark magic the Magic shop, had turn into something evil and vain-y, go after her killer and flay him alive. I go after her killer's friends, and if that's not enough, I go after the people I love, the people she loves.” Willow now had tears running down her face. “And I tried to end the world. All out of grief. How do you think she's going to like that Buffy? She's going to hate me because of it. What if she doesn't want to be with me because she's afraid I'll do something like that again if something happens to her again?”
 
 
Buffy didn't say anything in return she just held her. After se felt willow had calmed down, and had stopped crying she pulled away and looked at her. “ Willow, you have to tell her, you have to tell her all the bad you did, but then you tell her that you didn't end the world, that you went to England for a long time, the coven there helped you and now your all better” She said softly, moving hair away from willows face.
 
 
“Come on, it's getting cold and dark out here” She said pulling willow to her feet. “I'll make you some tea”
 
 
Together they went back inside. Buffy made them tea, and after the tea was made they went into the living room and sat there quietly. Willow was to tired to try and come up with anything to talk about. Buffy was giving Willow time to think. She took the time to dink her tea and also think.
 
 
“Did you hate me?” Buffy was brought out f her thoughts by hearing willow ask the question. “What?” She asked back.
“Did you hate me? When I turned…evil.”
 
“Will no, I didn't hate you” She said tuning to look at willow.
 
“Even though, I tried to kick every square inch of your ass. Even though I tried to turn Dawn back in to a… a ball of energy.” She said looking at her tea.
 
“I hated what you did, and tried to do, yes I hated that. But I didn't hate you. Will I could never hate you. Willow you've been my best friend since sophomore year in high school, you are my best friend even after I almost got you killed with my philosophy, you remember that?” Buffy asked with a small smile.
 
Willow smiled back. “You mean the life is short one…yeah I do…who knew it was actually true though, especially with what we do…and go through”
 
“Yeah” Buffy agreed. They both stayed silent after that. Both in their own thoughts.
After a little while Buffy turned to Willow. “It's late, why don't you go to bed, talk to Tara tomorrow, it'll give you time to think about it.”
 
“I don't know if ill be able to, I kind of wish I could just tell her now, get over with” she said with a nervous chuckle.
 
Buffy just looked at her, and then turned to the stair case. “Hey, you guys a-are still u-up?” asked Tara as she came down. She walked over to where Willow was and sat next to her on the couch. “What are you doing?” She asked putting her hand in Willow's. Willow smiled and held Tara's hand in her lap.
 
“Oh nothing….I'm just going to go patrolling now, so ill see you guys later.” Buffy told them as she got her jacket. She went to her weapons chest and got out some supplies. “Ill probably be back late so don't wait up.” She started to the door but before she got out of sight she turned back. “Be careful what you wish for” She said and then left.
 
 
“What did s-she mean by that?” Asked Tara, who was very confused about what Buffy had meant.
 
Willow just turned to her and sighed, “Nothing, she…she didn't mean anything by it” She told Tara even though Willow got the message Buffy had said for her. Now was the time to talk to Tara. She had said it her self. She had wished she could talk to Tara and now she has it.
 
 
 
She turned completely, so her whole body was facing Tara's. “Tara. I …I need to talk to you”
 
 
Tara was a little confused. “W-what a-about?” She was a little concerned now.
 
 
“About me” Willow sad letting go of Tara's hands and keeping hers on her lap. “About what happened from the moment you fell dead in my arms”
 
Tara noticed a tear running down willows cheek. “You can tell me anything…what happened. What did you do?”
 
Willow swallowed and got enough courage to look Tara in the eyes. “Magic”
 
 
To be continued…..