Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Deciding ❯ Chapter 3 Truth Revealing ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Previously on Wish Deciding
 
 
Tara. I …I need to talk to you”
 
 
Tara was a little confused. “W-what a-about?” She was a little concerned now.
 
 
“About me” Willow sad letting go of Tara's hands and keeping hers on her lap. “About what happened from the moment you fell dead in my arms”
 
Tara noticed a tear running down Willows cheek. “You can tell me anything…what happened. What did you do?”
 
Willow swallowed and got enough courage to look Tara in the eyes. “Magic”
 
___________________________________________________________ ________
 
 
“Magic” Tara repeated confused. Many different thoughts went through her mind.
 
**********************
 
Same time out side
 
 
Buffy had gone out patrolling. She had just walked onto the side walk when she sensed some one out there with her. She turned to her right and saw what it was she was sensing. “Hello Spike. It's been a while. What are you doing back in town?”
 
“Hello pet.” He said putting his cigarette back in his mouth.
 
Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes. She slowly walked towards him. “What are you doing here?” She asked him once she was close enough. She looked at him and saw that he had his hand behind his back hiding something. She gave him a questioning look. But he just moved his hand further back.
“What ya got there?” She looked around him and saw what he had.
 
 
She got a small smirk on her face. “Are those…flowers?”
 
 
“Bullocks…yes their flowers…they're for…I herd that Blondie was back and well, besides your mum she was the one of the lot of you that I didn't mind, and who well, didn't treat me like the rest of you” Spike said to her as he looked at his shoes, bouncing on his feet.
 
“Since when did you get all sentimental” Buffy asked him still smirking. Her smirk turned in to a smile. “She'll love them” She said softly. That made Spike look at her and smile back.
 
“So I heard you did it Goldie Locks. How you do it?” Spike asked curious to know how Buffy had gotten Tara back.
 
 
“Wait, how do you about it anyways?” She asked confused.
 
“Word travels fast in the underground with us vamps and demon types…plus Red did a big commotion with her black mojo trip. They all talk about it, was the first thing I herd when I got back, and well some how they all herd how she got what she wanted most back.” He explained.
 
“Gotta say, it surprised me when I herd you were the one that brought `er back, I figured that if some one was going to be bringing her back it would be Red, or maybe your kid sister, but I guess she learned about that after your mum, right?”
 
Buffy nodded her head. “Yeah, Dawn doesn't do a lot of things now days. No more resurrections, no more wishing to strangers no more…”
 
“Falling for vamps like big sister” Spike said smirking at Buffy.
 
“Hey, she only did that once and… and…and shut up Spike” She said turning from him and waking towards the cemetery.
 
Spike followed behind her and caught up to her. “Uhu…can't say anything about that…..so anyways how you bring her back?”
 
 
“Long story short….I got a consequence free wish from some... I guess higher beings called The Guardians. I wished Tara was back” She said smiling happily at the thought.
 
“A wish…well resurrections sure have changed since my day. So how'd ya know she wasn't there?” Spike asked turning his head to Buffy.
 
“How'd I know she wasn't where? Here? She's been dead for the past, almost 7 months” She said a little confused.
 
 
Spike didn't say anything for a few moments and he slowly began to talk. “Buffy, where was Tara before you made your wish?” When Buffy looked at him blankly he asked her a bit more strictly. “Bloody hell….Did you make sure she wasn't in… in heaven? ….Do you know if you pulled her out of heaven?” When Buffy just stared wide eyed at him, he stared back with eyes just as wide. “BUFFY! What did you do?” He told her before she took off running back to the house. As soon as he realized she had taken off he followed after her.
 
 
 
 
******************************************
 
Back to Living Room with Willowand Tara
 
 
Tara was confused. “Magic” She said a second time. “W-w-what a-a-about m-magic?” She asked stuttering on every word. She slowly let go of Willow's hands and stood up.
 
 
Willow noticed the stutter. She inwardly smacked her self many times. When Tara let go of her hands and stood up to stand a few feet away from her she felt a little hurt, Can't blame her. She thought. Wouldn't want to be around me either. “I...I …..”
 
Before Willow could say anything else the front door burst open and Buffy and Spike came running in, Spike behind Buffy. Buffy saw Tara standing in the living room by her self.
 
“Tara!” Buffy called to her. She was going to say more but that's when she ran more into the living room and noticed Willow was there. She stopped her self from saying anything. She didn't want to ask Tara if she was in heaven in front of Willow. “Oh hey, Willow, you're here”
 
“Where else would I be?” She asked confused, she saw that some one was behind her. “Spike?”
 
 
“Ugh hello Red” Was all he said, he had caught on to why Buffy hadn't said anything to Tara yet.
 
 
“What are you doing here?” Willow asked confused.
 
 
“Oh he... he ugh, came to see Tara” Buffy said pushing Spike towards Tara. “He brought you flowers.”
 
Spike hands Tara the flowers and smiled at her.
 
“T-thank you S-Spike” she said grateful and smiled at him.
 
He nods to her.
 

”Hey why don't we go put those in water, Spike will keep Willow company, wont you Spike?” She says pushing him towards Willow. He stumbles a little before stopping right in front of Willow.
 
“Ok let's go Tara.” She says before taking Tara into the kitchen.
“Buffy what are y-you doing?” Tara asked once they were in the kitchen and Buffy had finally stopped.
 
 
“I need to talk to you, and I didn't want to do it with Willow there.” She said as she let go of Tara.
 
 
“G-great…You want t-to talk t-too” She said a little bitterly and cursed her stutter.
 
Buffy noticed the tone Tara had said that in, that's when she remembered that Willow was going to talk to her. “Has she talked to you yet?”
 
 
Tara sighed. “No, all she said was she needed to talk to me about her and what happened when I left, I asked her what and she said magic.”
 
 
“That's all she's told you?”
 
 
“Yes…that's when you came r-running in…W-what's going on Buffy, f-first Willow and now you?” Tara asked. She was a little afraid to find out what the two women wanted to tell her but her curiosity got the best of her. “Is it about the same thing?”
 
“No Tara, mines different from hers….I guess I was to caught up in everything that I completely forgot and then Spike asked me about it and now I feel like and idiot not even knowing if you were and I wanted to ask you but then Willow was there and I didn't want to ask with her there because I'm afraid she'll hate me or something and so I pulled you in here to ask if you were.” Buffy took in a deep breath and sat on the stool closest to her. “Man, how Willow manages to do this whole babble thing all the time and still be alive is beyond me.”
 
 
Tara smiled at the comment Buffy made about Willows babble. She always liked it thought it was kinda cute. But thinking of Willow reminded her why she was in the kitchen with Buffy. “Buffy I don't know w-what you asking m-me” she said simply.
 
Buffy sighed and prepared her self to ask a hard question. “Tara I wished you back, because, well we all missed you and Willow was miserable and everything else I all ready told you, but one thing that didn't go through my head is where you were? I didn't mean to if you were, and I'm so sorry, believe I know how it feels I never wanted to do this if you were there and…”
 
 
 
Tara stopped Buffy before she could continue. “Buffy where I was? What are you talking about?”
 
 
Buffy sighed once again “Tara... where you in heaven?” She asked afraid to hear the answer. She looked up to see Tara staring back at her.
 
 
Tara sighed as well and looked Buffy in the eyes. “I was in Heaven” was all she simply said.
 
******************************************
 
Living room
 
 
“What was all that about?” Willow asked confused. Spike was now sitting next to her on the couch.
 
“Umm, I don't know pet” He lied to her.
 
 
“Well is that really why you're back in town to give flowers to Tara?” She asked suspiciously.
 
 
“Well actually, I've been in town for a little while now. I herd that she was back and decided to come pay her a visit. I'm, I'm glad she's back, she, she didn't disserve to die to begin in the first place” He said the last part a bit bitterly.
 
 
“Are you really happy to see she's back?” Willow asked weakly, for some reason she believed that Spike was telling the truth but she just had to ask to be sure.
 
“Yes, like I told Buffy, besides her mum, she was the other one I liked best from you scoobies. And well, you weren't so far behind on the list of the ones of you I like.” He looked away and softly, mostly to him self said “And you to are good together.”
 
Even though Spike had said it softly, Willows herd him clearly. She smiled at this. “Your not the same” she said also jus as quietly. “Some things different about you, and not just how you act, I can sense something in you but I just can't figure it out.” She told him.
 
 
From hearing this Spike stiffened a little. “Ah yes well, what can I say…every body changes. And what's this about sensing, I also herd you turned into some big bad and where off the magic's now.”
 
 
“I am off the magic's….but it doesn't mean I still don't have my powers, I can sense it cause its strong demony magic, not cause I'm looking for it. So …..Back off…..and you said it your self….every body changes, but you, it isn't the same as every body else's changes.” Willow explained. She concentrated hard on figuring out what was different with Spike. But Spike wouldn't look at her. She kept staring at him. He started to feel uncomfortable and awkward.
 
“Will you stop that” He told her, facing her and moving away. Willow was finally able to look at him in the eyes when he faced her and he saw Willow's eyes widen as if she realized something and only said two words.
 
 
“You're soul”
 
 
 
 
 
******************************************
 
Kitchen
 
 
“I was in heaven”
 
 
Hearing those four words did it for Buffy. Tears started to fall down her cheeks. “I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry” She said shaking her head, wishing she just hadn't done something that was done to her. “I'm so sorry Tara, she said there be no consequences and oh god what have I done”
 
 
Tara saw how distressed Buffy was. She went and stood next to her. She pulled her into a tight hug. “Buffy you didn't do anything wrong. It might have been heaven but it was Hell to me.”
 
 
This made Buffy look up confused, only a few tears running down her cheeks now. “What?” She asked confused. “Tara I've been in heaven, I know how it is, its not hell, its no where near as what hell is. It's beautiful and great and even though you can't see them you know the people you love are ok”
 
 
“I know, that's not what I mean…I was in a place called heaven, yes. But to me it felt like hell because, because I wasn't with the people I love. I wasn't with Dawnie, or with you or Xander, or Anya, or Mr. Giles, And mostly, because I wasn't with the woman I love, Willow. Honestly, if it wasn't for you wishing me back, I, I probably would have tried to find a way to come back my self” She said giggling trying to make things light.
 
“Really?” Buffy asked, her voice filled with hope.
 
 
“Yes really, Buffy I want to be here, I don't care that I was there, like I said, that was Hell. Willow's my heaven” She said smiling happily.
 
 
Buffy smiled back. “Promise me something?”
 
 
“What?” Asked Tara back.
 
 
“Promise me you won't leave ever again. We missed you when you were gone. Especially Willow and Dawn, You're like a mom to her.”
 
“I would never leave Dawn” Tara said. She truly wouldn't. She knew how hard it was to loose a mother at such a young age, and she didn't want the teen to suffer any more then she already had.
 
 
Tara hated to kill the nice moment they had going on but she needed to know and ask one more time. “Buffy what does Willow want to talk to me about?”
 
 
Buffy swallowed. “I think it's better if she were the one that told you Tara. Really, as much as I'd love to help her in telling you, this is something between you and her”
 
 
 
***********************************
 
Living room

“Shut your mouth” Spike said getting closer to Willow and shushing her.
 
 
“It is that, you got your soul back” Willow said quietly. “How? When? Where?”
 
 
“Willow please, be quiet” He said sitting back down and begging her. “I don't want any one to know about this, understand”
 
 
“But why? If you have a soul then that's good right?” She asked confused “Will you at least tell me how you did it?”
 
 
 
“I will if you shut your mouth about it, just not now later when…”Just as he was going to say something Tara and Buffy came back from the kitchen. Instead of saying what he was going to tell Willow he stood up from the couch. Willow followed him. “Ah yes well then, now that I've said hello to the lady, I… shall be on my way. Good night all” he said before walking to the door and leaving the house.
 
 
“Is Spike ok, he seemed a little bit, in a rush?” Buffy asked pointing her thumb to the door.
 
“Umm oh it's nothing, he…. He just wanted to patrol a little I guess.” She said trying to come up with something believable. She sighed when Buffy seemed to believe her and just shrug it off. She scrunched her brows when she notices something. “I thought you were going to put those in water?” She asked Tara.
 
 
“Oh right, uhhh we couldn't find anything in the kitchen to put them in, and I remembered that I had something in my…room, so why don't I take those for you” Said Buffy, taking the flowers from Tara. “And I'll got put these in water and then in your room and then I'll be out of here patrolling like I was going to and then you two can talk peacefully.” She said as she ran up the stairs
 
 
Willow and Tara stood there. They herd Buffy open a door, open another. The water running, closing a door, running, another door, something glass being put down loudly, and “oops”, a door closing and then foot steps until they saw her running down the steps.
 
 
“Bye guys”
 
 
“Bye” the both said. Buffy didn't say anything more to them and all they herd was the door closing and a faint “Man I'm out of shape” coming from out side.
 
After sometime had passed by, they started feeling uncomfortable.
Willow was afraid to tell Tara what she had to tell her, because she knew that it was more then just than just telling her what she did to Warren.
 
 
And Tara was afraid to hear what Willow had to tell her.
 
 
“So….the flowers were nice” Willow said to try and fill in the empty space filling the air.
 
 
“Yeah…t-they w-were….Dawn went to b-bed. She's p-p-pobably sleep now. Are, are you going t-to tell me what you were going t-to tell me b-before?” Tara would have preferred to not ask but like Willow, she knew that it needed to be said.
 
 
Willow sighed and turned to the couch, walking to it and then sitting on it. Tara followed her and sat next to her.
 
 
“I was a lost cause” she whispered.
 
 
“What? What are you talking about” asked Tara. She wasn't so much afraid about that comment as she was confused.
 
 
Willow looked at her lap and kept her gaze there. “I was a lost cause. They helped me so much. And you, even though you weren't with me, you helped me lots too, because it gave me hope that someday I would get you back because we…we are forever.” Willow said, the more she said the sadder she got. Tara stayed quiet looking at her.
 
 
“I thought that after we had coffee, we, we would be friends and then eventually you'd take me back, I didn't expect it that night, but when you said those words, I hadn't been that happy in a very long time. And you know how we spent our time after that” “she says having a small smile on her lips thinking about it.
 
 
“When you saw Xander that morning out side with Buffy, Xander told me he had gone to talk to Buffy. While we were standing in our room they were doing the best friend apologies, I don't know the complete story of this part, but while they were hugging….Warren came through the back yard door. He said some things and then had a gun. Xander told me he fired at Buffy, and then he heard more shots but he didn't know where they had gone because Buffy had pushed him to the ground.” She retold Tara what Xander had told her.
 
 
“One of the bullets hit the window, and then it…it….it hit you” Willow said, Breaking down crying with the last part. Tara got her and held her in her arms. After a few seconds she said. “Its ok Willow you don't need to say any of this.” It was hard for Tara to hear, how she died, she could only imagine how much harder it was for Willow to retell.
 
 
 
“No, I, I have too, that's not why I'm telling you this” Willow told her pulling away from Tara, although she didn't let go of Tara's hands. “Your shirt…Those were the last words you said to me. Your blood splattered on me. I ran to you as soon as you fell. I called your name, but you, you didn't wake up” she took a deep breath. “I tried to bring you back,” Willow lowers her head” With magic, dark magic… I tried to call Osiris. But you couldn't be brought back because, because you had a natural death” She bitterly chuckled at the last part.
 
 
“I left you there…and I walked to the Magic Shop, with your blood on my shirt….when I got there…I did a spell on Anya so she wouldn't interfere with what I had to do, I wanted power, to be able to get to warren and have justice done. I then sucked all the dark magic there. My hair turned black from all the dark magic I had taken in. My eyes turned dark like they did before when I used magic. I looked for Warren, I could feel him, I just wanted to get to him and kill him. But first I changed my cloths and went to the hospital. Buffy had been shot, I magically took out the bullet and healed her. Then Xander drove us to where I would direct him, I followed Warrens essence, or what I felt of him. But it wasn't him, he built a robot of him self.” She said getting a bit angry. Tara noticed this and squeezed her hands for support and left her hands in Willow's.
 
 
 
Willow calmed down a bit and whispered, “They didn't even know, they didn't know why I was doing it, they just thought I was doing it because of Buffy, I had to tell them he killed you…..” She paused and sighed. “I used the blood on your shirt as a map, using magic. It directed me to him. He was on the woods so I went there. I could smell him there, his fear was, every where, and I liked it. But next thing I new, I had an ax on my back…little bastard thought he could kill me like that.” She bitterly laughed. “Should have seen him when I just stood up right, he tried magic on me but that didn't stop me. But he kept running. So I went after him when I caught to him he tried more magic and ran, but I used…” chuckles at the irony “more magic to capture him. I used the forest to hold him. He begged me to let him go, I took the bullet he used on Buffy and I slowly pushed it through his chest, explaining how a bullet felt. He was creaming and talking too much so I sowed his mouth shut. After a while , I asked him if he could feel it, I unsowed his mouth and he just kept on screaming begging for help, saying I was a good person, and he was bad, Buffy, Xander and Anya came, they were so surprised to see us like that.”
 
 
 
 
She took in a deep breath “Warren saw them, started talking again…I only said two words to him….Bored now….then I…. I killed him, I skinned him alive. And burned his body.”
 
 
 
“Willow” was all that Tara said as she let go of Willows hands. Willow felt hurt by this, and more tears kept rushing through her eyes, but continued to tell Tara the rest of the story.
 
 
How she went after Jonathan and the other guy, Andrew, Tucker's brother.
 
How Buffy helped them escape so she followed them and weakened a bit.
 
How she went to Rack, and killed him, sucking all his power, how that made her all vain-y.
 
How Dawn went to Rack's and how Willow tried to turn her back into a ball of energy.
 
She told Tara how she tried to kill them, the people they both love so much.
 
That she was fighting Buffy when she was stopped for a while by Giles, who had come back.
 
How she got loose, tortured Giles a bit and sucked his borrowed magic from him, almost killing him, and leaving him to die.
 
How after taking Giles magic, she could feel all the pain in the world and how she needed to stop it.
She had spent a lot of time telling her all this.
 
“I planned to end the world” She told Tara. They were both crying. Tara stood up away from her. This made Willow look up at her with begging eyes, hoping Tara wouldn't leave her again, and part of her needing to finish telling her what happened. “Tara please”. But Tara wouldn't look at her. “Oh Willow” was all she said.
 
Willow got up from her seat on the couch. She tried to touch Tara's hands but she pulled away. “Tara please,”
 
 
“Willow, y-y-you, t-tried to e-end the w-w-w-world” Tara said backing up a little.
 
 
“Xander stopped me, I didn't end the world, and I got help, Tara, please, I went to England with Giles. I learned about Wicca, what it really was about and how to control my powers….. and how they are a part of me, the coven taught me about the earth and the goddess. Tara please baby”
 
Tara had a hurt look on her face. “I tried to tell you all that, you had to k-k-kill some one and almost e-end the w-world to get it?” She whispered. She sat back down on the couch leaving Willow standing up.
 
 
“I'm sorry Tara, I'm so sorry,” Willow broke down and fell to her knees, putting her head on Tara's lap. “Please Tara I'm sorry don't go please, don't leave me again”
 
 
Hearing those words from Willow broke Tara's heart. “Oh Willow” She ran her fingers through Willows hair. “Willow look at me.”
 
 
She waited for Willow to look at her. Once Willow lifted her head, she tried to stop crying but the tears wouldn't stop. Tara looked at her and wiped them away.
 
“I think we need to work something out” Tara said quietly and looking sad. “I think we should…get to know each other again”
 
 
Willow wouldn't say anything, she just listened. She had finally stopped crying. She finally spoke. “Are you leaving me? Saying we have to be….friends…first?”
 
Tara slowly nodded her head and moved some hair away from Willows face. “Its been along time. I'm not sure how much I have changed, but you've changed” Willow looked down, away from Tara. Tears began to slip from her eyes again. “After sometime, maybe things will go back to the way they used to be” She said. “I…I can't stay here right now Willow”
 
“What, where are you going to stay, Tara you can stay here, please?” As much as Willow understood what Tara wanted to do, she still couldn't accept it.
 
 
“I'm sorry Willow, but you know that for this to work I can't stay here If I do we might have another incident like this morning after breakfast.” She chuckled. “I'll go to a hotel tonight, I can wait up for Buffy if you want and she can go with to make sure I get there safe. I'll see if there's any where else I can stay permanently. Ok?”
 
 
“You plan on being away from here that long, to find some where else permanently? Isn't there any other place you can….” Willow never finished her sentence. They both herd the front door being opened. Soon after Buffy walked through and headed for the stairs.
 
“Buffy?”
 
 
“Oh hey, you two still up?” She asked walking towards them. “Willow what you are doing, proposing?” she joked with them seeing Willow on her knees. The two witches didn't say anything and just blushed. “Oh my god, are you proposing?” She asked serious now.
 
 
“No, we, I told Tara….everything” Willow said, being ashamed to look at them, she look towards her feet.
 
 
“Oh…are, what's going to happen now?” Buffy asked curious. Paying more attention now, she saw that they both had been crying. She was now worried, oh no what did Tara say, Willow must have been begging on her knees, she thought.
 
 
“We're taking things slow….getting to know each other again.” Tara said to her. Buffy gave her a questioning look. “I'm not going to be staying here, I was wondering if you could go with me and get me settled in at a hotel, and maybe…let me borrow some money since I...”
 
 
“Hotel? Tara I can't let you stay at a hotel, why don't you stay in my room, I can stay with Dawn” Buffy suggested. “Just let me go get some of my stuff and you can go to bed” she said walking to the stair case.
 
 
“Buffy…no, I can't stay here.” Tara told her getting closer to her.
 
“Well I'm not taking you to some rat infested Hotel…Tara this is Sunnydale….its not safe to be out there, even indoors….just stay here.” Buffy insisted.
 
 
“Buffy please…I can't, you n-need to understand.” When she saw that Buffy wasn't bugging she sighed deeply, running her hand through her hair and looked away “If you won't go with me, ill go my self, I just can't stay here.”
 
Willow had stayed quiet. She had lifted her self onto the couch know instead of the floor. She didn't look at them. She just stared at her shoe.
 
 
Buffy was upset now, and firmly. “Tara…I'm not going to let you go out there….Now if you don't like it, and think you can go on you own, then that's fine. you can try and go find some hotel….here…I'll even give you money” Buffy said digging through her pockets and taking out several bills and handed them to Tara. She moved from in front of Tara to behind her, closer to the door. “But you will just have to go through me… You and Willow have problems that need fixing…fine, you wont be together and you can avoid each other all you want, I understand that, you both need time, but Don't you dare think I'm letting you out of this house when we both know what's outside that door on this hell mouth. You'll have to beet me to a bloody pulp before I let you go out there.” She said to her crossing her arms over her chest and being dead serious. “You promised.”