Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Deciding ❯ Out ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey chapter 4 is up, sorry it took longer then expected, I didn't have internet on my lap top for a while so again I'm sorry it took longer then I promised. But thanks in advance to any one who reads it and another thanks to any one who reviews =)
 
 
 
Chapter 4
 
 
Tara looked defeated. She looked at Buffy and handed her back the money. She turned around and made her way up stairs.
 
 
Buffy sighed and looked at Willow. “You should get to bed as well. It's late. Things will be better in the morning” She waited for Willow to respond to her, but just like Tara, Willow just got up and made her way up stairs. “Way to go Summers” She told her self once she herd Willow's door shut close.
 
She went into the kitchen and started making some tea.
 
 
After the tea was finished she served two cups and headed up stairs.
 
 
Once she went up stairs she looked at the door to make sure it was closed. She walked down the hall and stopped in front of the other door. She gently knocked on it wit her foot. She herd a faint “It's open” coming from the other side. “Ummm could you open it…I have my hands kinda full” She waited as she heard her get off the bed and walk to the door. Once it was opened she walked in and set the cups of tea on the dresser and turned to face her.
 
 
 
“Look Tara I came to apologize.” She said as Tara closed the door and headed back to the bed. Buffy took both cups of tea and walked over to join her. “Tea?” she said handing it to her. Tara took the cup and slowly sipped from it. “Thank you”
 
“Yeah no problem….but I really am sorry how I said it…but like I said I meant it, I'm not letting you out there unprotected. And if anyth…”
 
 
“I still love her” Tara whispered.
 
 
“What?” Buffy asked
 
“That's why I can't be near her right now…I'm still in love with her. the things she did I can forgive, I'm sure, and I will…I-I have, but we need to….I don't know, take it slow and not rush, I was hopping that by not being with her...it would make it easier for me…because honestly I just want to be back in her arms.” Tara said with a sad smile on her lips.
 
“I'm sorry it has to be like that….but please Tara, stay here.” She asked.
 
Tara silently nodded.
 
Buffy smiled at her. “Ok then I'll let you sleep now, you must be exhausted.” Buffy got up and walked to the door.
 
“Buffy?” Buffy turned around at the sound of being called.
 
“Thank you, for everything, the tea, the protecting…the giving me my life back” she said quietly.
 
Buffy smiled and opened the door and left.
 
Tara heard her walk to her room and shut the door. She finished her tea and settled in for bed. It took her a little longer but she fell sound sleep soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
***************************************************************** ****
The house was quiet. Only the buzzing from the street lamps outside a few houses over could be faintly herd. Every one was sleeping.
 
“No… no”
 
“What….have……..I……….no& #8221;
 
Buffy was woken by Willow, restlessly moving in her bed and having a nightmare again. She quietly got out of bed and made her way quickly to Willow's room.
 
Tara was woken up as well but she heard Buffy go to Willow and she couldn't manage to get her self out of bed. She just sat there in the dark listening to Buffy trying to wake Willow, while Willow was still moving and talking.
 
 
 
 
 
“Willow wake up…Willow” Buffy said forcefully. Trying to get Willow to stop moving.
 
“No… I'm sorry…..sorry” Willow had stopped moving a little less but still hadn't completely stopped. Buffy had a grip on her shoulders now and was shaking her a few times but that didn't wake her up.
 
 
“Willow…..Willow.” Buffy kept saying trying to wake Willow up.
 
“I killed…..you” Willow said in her sleep. And then with a load gasp for air, she woke up shaking. Buffy held her in a hug. “Shhhh. It's ok Will it was just a dream, only a dream.”
 
Silent tears rolled down Buffy's cheeks. She hated seeing her like this. She hated having to wake up Willow from one of her guilt dreams and hated to have her on her shoulder crying.
She held her there till she calmed down, telling her soothing, calming words.
She knew the routine by now. After a little longer she moved Willow to lay down on the bed while she sat on the edge.
 
After a while Willow was able to fall sleep again. Once Buffy was sure she was, she quietly got up from the bed and walked to the door.
 
 
Once she was out side she closed the door as quietly as possible
 
“Is she ok”
 
“Ahhh!” She said in a low, whispered scream, turning around quickly and getting into one of her slayer stances. “God Tara, you scared me, I though you were sleeping” She said backing off her stance and walking towards her and pulling her towards her room.
 
 
“Does that ha-happen often?” Tara asked as they walked to her room.
 
“Almost every night” Buffy said sadly. “She feels guilty about what she did….she feels like she was the reason you died, she feels like she killed…you”
 
“What, but she...”
 
“I know, and deep down she knows too, but she feels like if she hadn't gotten addicted, you wouldn't have left, so you two might have been some where else that day, or maybe we would have gotten Warren faster…things like that. I thought maybe they would stop now that you were back but…”
 
Tara stayed quiet.
 
 
“ I think she expected that you would either hate her forever and leave for good, or you'd come back to her, and things would be like before or better….guess she didn't expect to be stuck in the middle with you” They stopped in front of Buffy's door. “You should really get some sleep. She will be fine now; I don't think there's been a time where she has a nightmare more than once in a night.”
 
“Are you sure she'll be ok?” Tara asked concerned.
 
“Yeah she'll be fine…now go, sleep…tomorrow you two will have to either, avoid each other, which I'm told is also very exhausting” She smiled when she got a small laugh from Tara. “Or you two will have to keep on talking and having awkward moments…Now go…good night.”
 
“Good night” Tara said as Buffy walked away and Tara closed the door behind her.
 
 
 
The rest of the night went with out accident, and every one slept.
 
***************************************************************** ***
 
The morning sun hit Buffy on the face. She slowly woke up feeling a little chilly. She looked around and saw that Dawn had taken all the blankets during the night,
 
She sighed and got up. Waking Dawn in the process.
“Hmm…morning Buff.” She said sleepily
“Hey Dawn…Its late wanna get up?”
 
“Yeah I guess….augh…how did things go with Willow…did she tell Tara?” Dawn had a concerned look on her face. “Is she still here, or was it just for the night?”
 

”She's still here…I hope” Dawn looked up at her eyes wide with worry. “I'm kidding. She's still here…Willow told her every thing, and Tara decided that they needed to take things slow. Get to know each other again. That kinda of stuff.” She said running her fingers though Dawns hair.
 
“So …they're sleeping under the same roof together, just not sleeping together, together?” she asked, a little disappointed.
 
Buffy was a little disappointed too “yeah, as much as we'd love to see them like they were before, we need to give them time before we see them together again.”
 
“But we can…push a little right?” She asked smiling a bit.
 
“Dawn…this is serious, they need to work this on there own and at their own speed…so only a little pushing… ok?”
 
 
“Uhu…minimal push, got it.” She said nodding her head.
 
 
“Come on then lets go” Buffy said gently pushing her off the bed.
 
Together they went down stairs and went into the kitchen.
 
 
“Oh…Hey Tara, you're up” Buffy said when they saw Tara sitting by the island with a cup of coffee.
 
Tara looked up when she herd Buffy. “Oh. Yeah, I woke up kinda e-early and couldn't go back to s-sleep.” She explained.
 
“Ahh…I see” She says smiling, nodding, and serving her self some coffee.
 
“Hey Tara” Dawn greeted her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Hey Dawnie, how'd you sleep?” Tara asked smiling at the teen.
 
“Good” she said smiling back.
 
“I bet…you took all the covers.” Buffy said after drinking from her cup of coffee.
 
“Hey, it's my bed, I'm allowed to, plus you're the one with the slayer strength why didn't you just take it back?”
 
 
“so you want me to take the covers away from you tonight…fine. When you wake up cold like I did, don't go complaining to Tara.”
 
 
 
“Fine….So what's for breakfast, I'm hungry.” She asked looking at both Buffy and Tara.
 
“You guys want eggs, ooohh how bout omelets. I can make some” Buffy answered, going to the fridge, and taking out some supplies.
 
“I'll take one” Dawn said taking a seat next to Tara, as Tara nodded her response.
 
“Do you think Willow will be up soon?” Dawn asked Buffy.
 
“Umm I don't know she had one last night.”
 
“She had an omelet last night?” Dawn asked confused.
 
“No silly, she had a nightmare last night, so she might stay in bed longer.” Buffy replied turning to them smirking, and saw Dawn blushing a little, and Tara also giggling at her.
 
“What, its early in the morning, give me a break, my brains not up before noon.” She told them getting annoyed by there smirks.
 
“Hey what's going on” They all turned towards the hall and saw Willow standing at the kitchen entrance.
 
“Hey Will, Dawn thought you had an omelet last night.” Buffy told her. “Speaking of, do you want one?”'
 
 
“Umm sure…why would I have an omelet last night, we all had pizza.” She said scrunching her eye brows together.
 
Dawn sighed. “Buffy said you had one.” Dawn placed air quotes around one. “I thought she meant an omelet, but she meant a nightmare.”
 
Willow looked up at Dawn, her eyes slightly wide. She turned to Tara, and saw her looking down. For some reason she didn't want Tara to know about her nightmares, but after seeing her reaction, she figured Tara already knew. “Oh” she whispered.
 
“Yeah, ummm so who wants what in their omelet?” Buffy changed the subject.
 
They all gave their orders and soon had their breakfast.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They all turned their heads to the kitchen door when they herd it open suddenly and see Spike coming through with a blanket over his head, smoking through it.
 
They all got up from the table and went to the kitchen to meet him.
 
 
 
“Spike, what the hell are you doing?”
 
 
Spike through of his blanket and composed himself. “Mornin'….uhh we need to talk slayer. There's some serious mojo going on around SunnyD. It's got vamps and some other undergrounds running to the surface. There's something out there.”
 
 
“What, how do you know this?” Buffy asked concerned.
 
“Ahh well,” He said looking away and scratching his head. “I happen to be one of those vamps this mojo scared off.”
 
He herd a few snickers coming from Buffy and Dawn while Willow and Tara just smiled.
 
“Hey, you weren't there. I'd like to see you see this thing,” He told them, a bit angry.
 
“What exactly was it Spike.” Buffy asked inpatient.
 
 
“Ahh, right… it has a name, I just can't remember it right now….But it was Big! And it had horns and it was all misty! And it said it was angry and over the whole good vs. evil balance thing!” He told them.
 
The girls where a bit amused, by the way he was telling them this. “Oh… The First.” He told them when he remembered its name. This got Buffy to stop smiling.
 
 
“The First?” She asked serious. She went to the living room and to her weapons chest.
 
“Buffy what are you doing what's the first?” Asked Dawn as they all followed Buffy.
“It's the big bad, and I have to kill it before it hurts any one.”
 
“You don't even know where it is.” Spike said putting him self in between her and the door.
 
“I know where to start…I have to stop it before it starts to hurt people, before its starts hurting the people I love again. “ She said pulling out a sword from the chest.
 
“Again?” Willow asked confused.
 
“It tried to get Angel to kill him self, back when we were together, in high school, I have to kill it.” She said walking to the door.
 
“Buffy, you can't go by your self, wait till sun down and I'll come with, you don't even know where it is.” Spike said walking behind her.
 
“It doesn't matter.” She said opening the door. “I have to find it and kill….” The phone rings and she sighed as Willow answers. “It's Giles.” She says handing the phone to Buffy. “He says it's important.”
 
Buffy takes the phone. “Giles?” She listens and sighs. “Ok see ya in a bit.” She tells him.
 
“What's going on?” Dawn asked.
 
“He said he wanted to make sure I was home, and to wait here, he'll be over in a bit.” She said as they all go back into the kitchen.
 
 
 
 
After some time, they hear a car pull up and Buffy quickly goes from the kitchen to the door
 
On the other side of the door is Giles, with his hand in the air preparing to knock.
 
“Buffy” He says to her.
 
She goes to greet him but three girls come through the door.
 
“Nice place. Bit of a mess.” Says the first girl coming through the door.
 
The second one doesn't say anything at all.


And the third one, “This is a slayer?” she says with a sigh.
 
 
Buffy just stands there a bit over whelmed and Giles walks in smiling a bit, “Sorry to barge in. We have a slight apocalypse”
 
*********************************************
 
 
 
“They're all slayers?” Dawn asks walking by.
 
The three girls were standing next to Buffy and Willow, while Giles and Tara were on the couch. Spike was off on the other side of the living room.
 
“Potential slayers. Waiting for one to be called.” Giles explained
 
“Called?” Dawn asked confused.
 
“To be slayers.” He explained.
 
“My death can make one of them the next chosen one.” Buffy added.
 
“Umm so what are they doing here?” Dawn asked him but looked towards the three potentials.
 
 
“Well they are being killed off, you see, there were more of them through out the world, but now there's only a small hands full, the rest were murdered as well as their watchers….I was hoping that…Well I'm afraid it falls down once again on you Buffy. I was hoping you could protect them, and train them to be slayers. Since their watchers are no longer, they have no one to guide them, and with out protecting they will….”he led off. “I my self am on my way to England to talk to the council and possibly bring back a few potentials.”
 
“When do you leave?” Willow asked over whelmed by all this.
 
“Actually, as soon as Buffy states it is all right for me to discharge on her like this.” He said standing up and looking towards Buffy.
 
 
“Of coarse…umm do they have any luggage?” She asked him getting closer.
 
“Ah yes…in the car…this is only temporary of coarse…until The First misses the chance to do what ever it is it is planning on doing, or it is stopped. Why don't you girls get your things and come back, I do need to be going.” he told them. The three girls started going to the door. “Very well then, I am sorry I have to go, but be good and I'll be back as soon as possible. I'll be in touch as well.” he said as he followed the potentials out the door.
 
He heard several bye's from he girls and even spike and closed the door behind him.
 
“Ok then, this means we are going to have a full house, so we're going to need to change some stuff.” Buffy said turning back to the others. “Like sleeping plans and uh, food, we need more food. And we should probably clean up a little.”
 
 
“Well I think I'll be on my way before you turn me in to a sodden maid” Spike said getting his blanket.
 
“So what, you prefer to get all burnt and toasty, then to help out?” Willow asked confused.
 
 
“…Good point…but I don't do maid stuff…but if you want some manly help, I'm sure Nancy boy Harris would be of help” He said preparing to leave the house in a run.
 
Buffy just rolled her eyes
 
They watched him open the door, and back away a few yards and bounce on his feet preparing to sprint out.
 
The girls were amused by this, and tried not to giggle.
 
“Shut your traps, I need concentration.” He said before he took off running.
 
“How rude of him, he didn't even close the door on his way out.” Buffy mocked him going to close it.
 
Before she got to fully close it she saw the three girls were headed her way so she waited for them.
 
 
“Welcome to casa de Summers” She said waving her hand towards the inside of the house as they passed.
 
 
“Ok uhh you guys will be bunking in separate places. For now one of you will have to have the couch, The other two, one will be in the room to your right as soon as you go up the stairs, that's Willow's room, the other one is down the hall to your right, that's my room, but you will stay with Tara, any more questions, you ask these guys cause I have to go make a call.” She said heading upstairs to Dawns room.
 
“Who you gonna call?” Willow asked curious to know.
 
“Ghostbusters.” Dawn said grinning. The three potentials giggled along with Tara. Willow tried not to, instead she glared at Dawn but smiled at her. Buffy also smiled and shook her head.
 
“Close…Angel, if the First's back, he needs to know” She said and leaving them.
 
 
They stood there in silence for a few moments till it got really awkward. Willow clamped her hands together and began chipperly, “Ok then, time to place you guys in rooms, who wants to take the couch for now? And why don't we make introductions. I'm Willow, and this is Dawn, Buffy's sister and this is Tara, my g-uh....my friend.” She said the last part with out much enthusiasm.
 
“I'm Annabelle, and this is Molly, and this is…”
 
 
“I'm Kennedy” She said going to Willow and sticked out her hand to be shaked.
“Oh, uhh it's nice to meet you….” Willow said dumbly, not expecting the girl to be this upfront.
 
“So the first rooms yours right…..I'll just go put my stuff in there, these two can fight over the couch.” She said walking to the stair case. Before she got there she tuned back to Willow. “Willow, that's a pretty name”
 
 
“Um thanks.” Willow said blushing a little.
 
 
“Yeah, it suits you.” She said flirtatiously and went up stairs.
 
Willow blushed at the complement, but felt a little uncomfortable with it.
 
Dawns jaw was open a little, and Tara was red like Willow, but she wasn't blushing, she was angry, she didn't want that girl, Kennedy, to be flirting with her Willow.
 
But then again, she was the one that had decided to put time in between her and Willow. Right now she hated her decision making.
 
She sighed and looked at the group “I'm tired. I'm going to go to my room, w-w-when you two decide who will s-sleep in there you can come up.” She said walking to the stairs and going up.
 
 
 
 
 
On the way to Buffy's room she passed dawns room and bumped into Buffy.
“Sorry” She said with out looking up and continued to walk to her room.
Buffy noticed her attitude and followed her.
 
Tara had closed the door behind her and had gone to the bed wanting to be alone at the moment only to have the door be open by Buffy.
 
 
“Hey what's wrong?” She asked as she neared the bed.
 
“Nothing” Tara said avoiding her eyes.
 
“It doesn't seem like nothing to me.” She said going around to Tara's side and sitting at the foot of the bed.
 
“It's Willow” She said following with a sigh.
 
“Willow, what happened? Did something happen between you two?” Buffy asked concerned.
 
 
“I know I said we should take it slow and all. But she's mine, I want her for me and no one else. And b-because of my stupid idea she's out there…Hot and Single.” Tara complained.
 
“Uh….ummm ok I know that, but why are you upset….are you regretting that you told her you needed time?”
 
“ Part of it…..” She said crossing her arms in front of her chest.
 
*************************************************************
 
Living room
 
 
“Well I suppose I can take the couch…perhaps if we stay longer we can exchange living quarters, perhaps Kennedy will sleep on the couch in a few days.” Annabelle suggested
 
“Right then, then I guess I will go to ...Tara's, right?” Molly asked. She received a pair of nods from Willow and Dawn. She smiled at them and went up.
 
 
 
********************************************************
Once Molly got to the top of the stairs a door opened and Kennedy came through it. “Oh Kennedy, do you know which room is Tara's?”
 
 
“I'm guessing that one over there with the door closed. That other one looks like it belongs to a teenager.”
 
“I believe that's Dawn's Buffy's little sister.” She said picking up two of her bags.
 
“Here I'll help you” Kennedy said taking one of them and walking towards Buffy's room. Once there she knocked and waited.
 
 
 
 
Buffy and Tara stopped their conversation. Buffy got up and opened the door. She smiled and moved aside when she saw the two girls standing there to let them in.
 
“So you guys get settled?” Buffy asked as Kennedy and Molly, as they placed Molly's bags down by the dresser.
 
“Yeah, Molly will be camping in here…. We'll leave ya to what ever you where doing, see ya” Kennedy as she and Molly headed out, once Kennedy was out the door Molly turned to Tara and Buffy.
 
“Thanks for letting us stay again” She said and was out the door as well.
 
“Wanna check out Willow's room” Kennedy said as she opened the door inviting Molly in, who accepted.
 
 
***************************************************************
 
 
 
It was just Willow, Dawn and Annabelle down stairs.
 
“Ok well ….you guys must be hungry, want something to eat?” Dawn asked
 
“Uh…Sure…is their any where I can store my luggage?” Annabelle replied lifting one of her bags.
 

”oh right…umm let me see…oh you can put them in my room, come on we can go put it now” Willow said. All three of them went up stairs with Dawn in the front.
 
“I'm gonna go check on something.” Dawn said to the two other girls as they went into Willow's room.
 
 
****************************************************************< /div>
 
Dawn went to Tara's room and knocked. She got a come in from Tara and opened the door and went in.
“Oh hey Buff, what ya doing here?”
 
Buffy smiled and turned to look at Tara. “I'm trying to get Tara to tell me why she's upset” She answered.
 
“Oooh I can tell you why, it was Willow's turn to be hit on….One of the potentials kinda flirted with her.” Dawn said grinning at the annoyed look on Tara's face from just hearing the story.
 
“Ah I see….And do you have a mocking voice for this potential like Willow had for the girl that flirted with you at the shoe store?” Buffy asked joking.
 
 
Tara was about to answer when Dawn piped in. “Oh let me do it Tara, I can mock her…please?” She asked.
 
 
“Be my guest” Tara said moving her hand to Dawn and back to her.
 
“I'm Kennedy, blah blah blah…Oh Willow, that's a pretty name….It suits you.” Dawn said mocking Kennedy and being flirtatious.
She caused Buffy to laugh and Tara to give a giggle.
 
“Well aren't you the jealous type.” Buffy said laughing, and poking Tara on the leg.
 
“Haha, I'm not jealous, I just...” Tara stayed quiet for a moment before she answered. “What she said is true…..I just don't want her saying it….and….”
 
 
 
“You don't want any one messing with your girl” Buffy filled in.
 
Tara nodded. “I know what I said and I don't expect her to wait for me for ever while we are `getting to know each other again' ….if she finds some one else then….. if she's happy…its just that I'm in love with her and…and they're going to be in the same room together all night and what if she tries something on Willow” Tara said a bit afraid and sad.
 
“Whoa there girl….take it easy…This girl, Kennedy, barely knows Willow, and Willow barely knows her. Nothing will happen.” Buffy told her smiling. “You know I never imagined you the jealous type, I mean, Will could get butch, we all know that, but you, you always were calm…what's up”
 
 
“I don't know I guess that I never worried when we where together…But I left her for a long time, and then when I finally decided to go back to her, so we could be together like w-we should I die. I've been gone fore what….6 months…. That's a long time. She could have met any one, or she could have gotten over m-me….She. She might be interested in her, or she can become interested in her…..What am I gonna do if she chooses some one else over me…I'm not going to get in the way of her happiness but...” Dawn sat on the bed close to her and placed her head on Tara's shoulder. “It's ok Tara. Willow is head over heals for you, She wont fall for any one else.”
 
 
 
“Tell you what Tara…why don't you start the getting to know each other again process. I mean you have been gone for a long time, why don't you remind her of all those great reasons she fell in love with you. Hmm?” Buffy suggested.

Tara thought about it and then sighed. “Yeah, your right. I'll ask her out or something.”
 
 
********************************************************
 
Willow's Room
 
 
“Oh hey guys,” Kennedy greeted Willow and Annabelle, as did Molly. Kennedy walked over to the bed and sat down. “You know this is a nice, big comfy bed. But you probably know that… hope you don't hug all the covers” She said smirking at Willow.
 
Willow's eyes widened a little and her jaw dropped, she tried to compose her self and shake it off “Ok then…umm you can leave your bags there.” She pointed towards where Kennedy's bags were. “And just relax for now…oh I'll give you a tour of the second floor.” She suggested and the three potentials agreed.
 
 
“Well you know this my room, and that's the bathroom, and out here in the hallway…” She said walking out being followed by Annabelle, Molly and Kennedy. “We have the bathroom right in there, and that's Dawn's room, and last but not least, Buffy's room where Tara is staying” Willow knocked before she opened the door. “Whoa…is there a Scooby meeting I'm not invited to?” She joked upon seeing Dawn, Buffy, and Tara.
 
 
 
“Not exactly Will….what's up?” Buffy asked
 
 
“I was thinking of maybe going out and buying maybe some food they feel home-y with, uhh or any other stuff they might need. Ok” She old them, and making a mental list of what to buy.
 
“Willow?”
 
Willow looked up when she herd her name be called.
 
 
“Why don't I go with you, I can help you, if you want”
 
“Really?” Willow asked back with a tinge of hope in her eyes.
 
“Yes really, t-that way you won't be l-lonely” Tara answered getting of the bed.
 
“That's a good idea guys, and Will why don't you also take one of the potentials. Might be easier to know what they need and like that way.” Buffy suggested.
 
 
“Oh I can go and help get stuff” Kennedy volunteered. “I can also keep her company” she said looking at Willow.

Tara turned to Buffy and gave her a look that just said I'm going to kill you for suggesting that.
 
Buffy gave her an apologetic smile. I'm and idiot. She thought
 
“Ok then, I guess we'll se you guys in a bit.” Willow said before leading them down the hall, Followed by Kennedy and Tara. Who just knew Kennedy was checking out Willow from behind.
 
*****************************************************

 
“Did you see that look Tara gave you when Kennedy said she'd go too?” Dawn said grinning.
 
“She is going to kill me if anything happens on that trip…..oh god, maybe some one else should have gone too.” She said placing her head in her hands.
 
 
“Correct me if I'm wrong but does Tara have a crush on Willow, because it seems like she wants to hurt Kennedy whenever she tries to flirt with Willow” Molly said.
 
“Think she'll let us watch if she does hurt Kennedy, the girl's nice and all at times but she can talk your ears off….and she thinks you talk too much” She said smirking at Molly. Who just shook her head.
 
 
“It's complicated when it comes to Willow and Tara.” Dawn said.
 
 
“How so?... If you don't mind me asking.” Molly said walking in a few more steps into the room.
 
“Because Tara doesn't have a crush on Willow, she's in love with her, and Willow's head over heels in love with Tara as well. But they are going through a little break right now, we're all hoping that they'll work it out soon” Buffy told the other two potentials.
 
“And Kennedy isn't helping, with the flirting and hitting on Willow” Annabelle said as she began to understand.
 
“Well actually, I'm hoping that with her flirting and hitting on Willow will encourage Tara to speed things up and get back with Willow, but we can only hope” Buffy sighed and looked out her window
 
 
***************************************************************** *****
 
 
Willow drove Buffy's Jeep along with Tara in the passenger front seat and Kennedy in the back middle.
 
“So anything in particular that you think you, Annabelle and Molly would like?” Willow asked Kennedy who was leaning forward with her elbows on Willow's and Tara's seats.
 
“Well I know what I want” She said grinning at Willow. “As for them, Molly eats almost anything, and I mean almost anything, one time in England I tried making Mac n Cheese and I might have burnt it a little. I told her it was some American dish and that it was blackened. She ate it with ketchup” She retold them. The story caused both Willow and Tara to giggle.
 
 
“Well I don't think burnt Mac N Cheese will be a problem here, because Tara's a great cook” Willow said proudly, and the complement caused Tara to blush. “Oooh do you guys like pancakes, because those are her specialty.” She said very excited.
 
 
“How bout it Tara, up to the challenge of making pancakes for the British invasion” Kennedy said smiling and giving Tara a gentle pat on the shoulder.
 
 
“Sure, but I think Will might be exaggerating a little they're just pancakes.” She said humbly.
 
Willow was about to say something but Kennedy bit her to it. “Well then we'll be the judge of that. Even though its two to one right now, Giles also said your pancakes were the best” The complement made Tara blush even more and Willow's grin widen.
 
 
“See...” she told Tara.
 
“Willow, has Giles even ever had some of my pancakes, I don't think his ever even had breakfast with us.” She said confused.
 
Willow's cheeks reddened. “Ummm well that doesn't mean he hasn't had any….You know how I always asked you to make a lot so I could have extra…Well I didn't always finish them myself, I always took some to Giles. He really liked them” She explained
 
 
Tara was shaking her head and Kennedy was smirking at her.
 
The rest of the ride was spent with small talk. There were times when Tara wished Kennedy wasn't their, but others where she believed that if Kennedy wasn't going after Willow she actually wouldn't mind her much.
 
 
 
 
 
After doing a little grocery shopping they showed Kennedy downtown Sunnydale, to get a few extra things that Willow needed. While they were headed to one of the shops Tara decided she also needed a few things from another shop, more specifically The Magic Shop.
“Willow could we make a short stop before we go to get what you n-need?” Tara asked once The Magic Shop was coming up.
 
“Sure where do you want to go?”
 
“Can we stop at the Magic Box?”
 
 
“The Magic Box? Sure…Umm how bout I park there and I go walking to get my stuff its not far from there and you can just meet me there when your done or if I'm done before you I'll go to the front of shop.” Willow suggested, not really wanting to go to the magic box. She still hadn't been in there since she was back, and it still made her a little nervous.
 
“Ok, I wont be long, I'll probably meet you over there” She said a little disappointed, but then again, it showed Willow wasn't messing with the magics anymore.
 
“Well I'll go with Willow” Kennedy said as she and Willow left. Tara made her way into the magic box.
 
 
The bell on top of the door rang, and Tara heard Anya down from the basement. “Be right there.”
Tara went to look through the shelves of books while Anya came up. “Hello, paying customer?” She said looking through the shelves for her paying customer. Tara saw he before Anya reached the side of the shelf she was in. Tara walked to where Anya was, with Anya's back to Tara.
 
 
“Hello….customer with money? How may I help you?”
 
“I would like to buy these.” Tara said holding up a book and some candles.
 
Anya turned around when she heard some one speak behind her. She smiled when she saw it was Tara. “Tara, I am so happy to see you. What are you doing here?” Anya hugged Tara and led her to the table the Scooby's use for research.
 
 
“Well I'm here to buy these and give you a little visit.” She told Anya.
 
“Well thank you, I'm glad that you are visiting me, but I would think that you would be with Willow? Where is she?” Anya asked curious to know, she didn't think they would be inseparable for a very long time. “Is she still parking the car, she knows she can park out back”
 
 
“Willow…she…I….we aren't together r-right now.”
 
 
“What, but I saw you two. You were kissing and hugging and holding and crying and saying I love you's. Remember she was being greedy and not sharing you for a very long time. It looked like you were going to have sex”
 
Tara chuckled and blushed remembering what happened the day before when she and Willow had been left alone .She sighed. “She t-told me everything that h-happened…all that she did when she….after I died”
 
“Oh” Anya whispered. “Well don't you love her any more? I mean sure she did some horrible things, but it was out of grief…I don't think she was thinking clearly. I get if you don't love her any more, but maybe you should give her another chance, I mean Xander left me at the altar, but I decided to give him another chance. And everything is working out fine. We're having sex like nothing had ever happened.” She said grinning.
 
 
Tara had been wondering when the couple had gotten back together, but hadn't asked, not really having been with them long. “It's not that I don't love her. I do very m-much. She's my world. Its just that I have been gone, and she, she's different, I know I am still going to l-love her, I just want us to get to know each other again.” She said sighing and putting her head down on the table. “And that potential girl, Kennedy, isn't helping.” She mumbled.
 
 
Anya heard this and was curious. “Potentials? What are you doing with potentials, Is Buffy alright?” She asked concerned.
 
“She's fine, how do you know what potentials are?”
 
 
“Well I was a demon over 1100 years, even recently, why is there a potential here? Are we going to fight evil, because if we are I'd like to know in advance to know when the shop won't be open, and when I won't make money” She said still wondering what this potential was doing there.
 
 
“Well, Mr. Giles said there was an apocalypse….and there's three potentials in total at Buffy's, but one of them kept flirting with Willow, and Willow just stood there smiling, and getting her cute little blushes.” She said smiling a little at the end.
 
“Well what did you do about it, Did you tell her that you we're Willow's and that Willow is yours...did you set the no flirting rule?” Anya asked going around the table to sit next to Tara.
 
 
“N-n-no…I just stood there, and n-now she's alone with Willow” Tara said lifting her head and looking at Anya
 
“Well what are you doing here go set the rules before that girl tries something” Anya shooed Tara with her hands.
 
Tara smiled. “Can you ring these up first, but could I pay you later, I don't have money with me.”
 
“Consider them a welcome back gift.” Anya said smiling. “But this the only time” She warned.
 
 
“Thanks Anya. You and Xander should come over tonight, you can meet the girls.”
 
 
“Of course, we will, it will have to be after closing hours though” She said waving as Tara walked towards the door before turning back when she herd Anya call her.
“Tara….I hope every thing works out between you and Willow.” She said smiling.
 
Tara smiled back and nodded before leaving the shop behind her.
 
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Willow and Kennedy had gotten to a computer shop.
“I'm going to go look around at... stuff” Kennedy told Willow not really knowing what all the gadgets where, while Willow looked for some …stuff she needed.
 
“Ok I won't be long so don't go far.” Kennedy nodded and went to go look around.
 
 
About fifteen minutes later Willow walked trough an isle and found Kennedy looking at some computer games. “Find anything good?” Willow asked.
 
Kennedy turned to face her. “Nope.”
 
“Well I'm done looking, so lets checkout?” Kennedy nodded and they both went to the registers and waited in line. “So what's the deal with you and that blond chick….your gugh-friend Tara” Kennedy said mocking the way Willow had introduced Tara.
 
“What do you mean what's the deal?” Willow asked confused.
 
“Is she your girlfriend?” Willow shook her head no.
 
“She was…something's happened and she decided that we should get to know each other better, become friends again and not girlfriends yet.” Willow explained.
 
“What were the things that happened?”
 
 
“It's a long complicated story” She said with a sigh looking sad now.
 
 
“Tell you what…Why don't you tell it to me over drinks, Giles said there was some club?”
 
“The Bronze” Willow confirmed. “But I don't think it's such a good idea”
 
“Why not, it's a great idea, what's wrong with having fun, we could have drinks, talk, get to know each other a little better” Kennedy said flirting with Willow and running her hand up Willow's arm, Willow pulled away.
 
“Why do you do that…Flirt with me, I mean you don't even know me.”
 
“Have you seen you?...Plus you're sexy when you pout.” She said smirking. “Come on just go out with me. You said it your self she's not your girlfriend”
 
 
Willow shook her head. “That's how it is right now, but I'm going to get her to take me back. I love her and nothings going to changed that so…stop doing that”
 
Kennedy sighed. “Wow you really love her.”
 
“Yes I do, and I'll scream it at the top of my lungs to prove it to any one” Willow added. They had gotten to the register and had to stop talking while Willow paid. They started walking outside .Then Kennedy started talking again “Will you still go out with me…..Not in a date, just for drinks, I want to go check out the place. Molly and Annabelle won't go with me, please? I promise no more hitting on you… and maybe you can tell me that long story about why you and Tara aren't together. It might help me understand you know….Come on when was the last time you got out?”
 
 
 
Willow sighed. Kennedy was right, she hadn't gone out in a long time. Before she went to England even. “Fine…But you promised…I don't want anything to happen that can jeopardize anything between me and Tara, got it?”
 
 
“Aye aye…I promise. I know I act like brat, and actually I kinda am….but I promise I won't do “anything that will jeopardize” you and Tara” She said quoting Willow's words.
 
Willow nodded before she spotted Tara and smiled. “Hey bay….” Before she could finish calling Tara baby she changed her words so her slip up wouldn't be noticeable, “baseball cards look.” She said pointing at the glass window that protected the display in the shop next to them. She didn't want Tara to think that she was pushing her, she would wait for Tara and give her all the time she would want until she took Willow back.
 
After looking at them for a moment she turned to Tara, who for a moment thought Willow was about to call her baby. When Willow didn't Tara frowned, but replaced it with another smile quickly before any one noticed. But one person did notice. Those two are so in love. Kennedy thought seeing both Willow's slip up and Tara's frown.
 
“So find everything you needed?” Willow asked Tara after looking at the cards.
 
Tara nodded “Y-yeah, it was j-just a f-few things…Did y-you?”
 
“Mmhhmm….Just a few things I needed for my computer. Ready to go home?” She asked. And Tara nodded.
 
 
 
The drive home was quiet. Once they got home they all went their separate ways, Willow went into the kitchen to put the things away, Tara went to her room and Kennedy went out to the back yard with the other three teenagers.
 
The after noon passed quickly and it was soon seven. Willow was in the kitchen when Kennedy came down and met her there. Willow looked up. “You ready to go out?”
 
“Yup….”
 
 
“Ok…let me go get ready and then we can go.” Willow left the kitchen and went to the room she shared at the moment with Kennedy to get ready.
 
 
 
After a little while she came down and met Kennedy at the door. “OK let's go.”
 
 
 
***************************************************************** **
 
 
Bronze
 
 
 
After getting a couple of drinks the girls found a table close to the bar and sat down. “So how do you like it so far?” Willow asked Kennedy whose eyes were wondering all over the place looking and admiring the club.
 
“Yeah, it seems like a pretty cool place. Come here often?”
 
 
 
“When we were in high school we lived here, it was like third home to us.” She got a questioning look from Kennedy. “The school library was the second and Buffy's was the first…well I guess for her but for the rest of us it technically it'd be the second so that would make the library the third and the Bronze the forth. “ She babbled, and started blushing when Kennedy gave her a weird look. “Did you just do that with out breathing?” She said laughing.
 
 
“Uh yeah, it's a tendency I have….Tara calls it one of my quirks.”
 
 
Kennedy nodded, and then remembered. “Are you going to tell me that long and complicated story over drinks?” She asked ordering some more.
 
 
Willow sighed. Not saying anything, but Kennedy kept looking at her expectantly so she just started. “I met Tara freshmen year of college at a Wicca group, some demon stuff happened and we ran into each other literally.” Willow said with a small chuckle.
 
 
She explained exactly how they met. How The Gentlemen had chased them to the laundry room. How they had connected though magic and moved the vending machine to cover the door so they could be safe from The Gentlemen. Once they finished their drinks they ordered more as Willow continued to tell the story.
 
 
 
“I'd go to her dorm room and we'd do spells. Her room became a place where I felt safe. It became…my home.” Willow happily told. She also said when she started having feelings for Tara that she didn't know before, how they became closer. “She was especial to me. One day my ex-boyfriend stopped by one of our Scooby meetings. He said he wanted to talk to me. Every thing was awkward. When he left I was a wreck, I loved him and he was my first real boyfriend. But Tara helped me get over him…mostly because I fell for her.” She said with a grin.
 
 
Willow explained how she had seen Tara and told her how things had gotten so good with Tara, that what she thought she once wanted most, she wasn't so sure of now. How later that night oz had gone to he dorm, and asked her to go outside with him. How he didn't turn into a werewolf, how they had gone back to her room and talked all night. And how after a long day, she had chosen Tara and had gone to her room and proven it to her.
 
After explaining much of what happen in her life with Tara, Willow had gotten to the part she dreaded most. When the black magic occurred. When it became a problem and when it became something she couldn't controlled.
 
 
Kennedy had been so into the story she hadn't noticed that Willow had been ordering more drinks then she was.
 
“We had a fight. About me using magic for simple things that could be done by hand, the natural way. She confronted me twice about it. The first time I asked her what her problem was, the second time she confronted me abut it I went off, started accusing her of talking behind my back with Giles, and she just asked what I wanted her to do. To just sit back and keep her mouth shut. And I …I blew it there. I told her it'd be a good start.” Willow's eyes began to water.
 
 
 
“I saw the look of hurt in her eyes, she said that if she didn't love me so damn much she would and she left. Later when I tried to talk to her before we went to bed she asked if we could not talk about it at the moment, and I said yeah….I turned away from her and I cast a spell on her, to make her forget. She…She found out, and when I was planning on using the same spell on Buffy, she told me not to, and we talked… she said she knew I used that spell on her and I apologized. I told her I'd go a month without doing magic….She told me one weak. Easy, it was just a week……She'd leave me…if I didn't stop and things didn't work out, she would leave me…..so I made my promise to stop using magic. It didn't last.”
 
 
 
Willow explained how soon after promising Tara not to use magic, she used it again, and used it again on her. How Tara had found out again and how this time, she left her. Willow talked about how it was after that. How her abuse to magic became worse. She told her everything.
 
 
 
Willow hadn't told any one anything like this before. Sure she had explained a few things to her friends and to the coven members but not everything. It felt good to get every thing off her chest.
 
Willow was a little woozy from the drinks but she tried hard to control her self and act as sober as possible while she told her story,
 
 
She continued, till she got to one especial night. “Things had gotten better between us, we went out for coffee, and had fun. I saw her smile again, and it gave me butter flies in my stomach. We said our good byes and I went home.” She said remembering that afternoon. “Later that night…. It had been a horrible night, some things happened and it was all a mess. But there was one thing that made all better…I was in my room and I hear her voice, at first I thought I was going crazy, but then I looked to where the voice as coming from and there she was.”
 
 
“She said some things…and I thought that she was going to say that we need to take things slower, that we couldn't even go out for coffee, but she didn't, she said that there were important things, like seeing if we still fit in each others life's, that it was an important process….and then she said if we could skip it and be kissing her now” Willow said the last part with a dumb goofy smile on her face. “The next few days where wonderful, we were together again and happy” Her smile faded slowly as she was quiet.
 
 
 
“But one day, one of the guys we were trying to catch he...he got mad at Buffy, tried to kill her with a gun, he shot at her and then he shot stray shots in the air. One of those stray shots hit my window, and it shot her….in the heart” She whispered. As silent tears fell from her eyes. Not needing to say the rest, of what happened with Tara.
 
 
Kennedy's eyes were wet too.
 
“After that, I went off, I sucked all the dark magic I could find and tried to kill my friends, but not before I chased him down and killed him…I tried to end the world but, Xander, one of my best friends stopped me.” She then explained how she went to England to get better. What she did there and how things where when she came back.
 
She started talking how a few days before, Buffy had a free wish, and how she had wished for Tara, and what happened when she told Tara what she had done, and everything till that point.
 
 
 
“I'm sorry you had to go through all that.” Kennedy said
 
 
 
“Me too, but she's back, and after some time, I'm hoping she will take me back.” She said with a smile. “Lets talk about something else, we came to have fun right?” She said not wanting to talk any more about it any more. Every time she thought about it she wanted to b alone, and right now that wouldn't be possible.
 
 
“Ok” Kennedy agreed.
 
 
They talked more over more drinks, about Kennedy where she was from, who she left behind and so on.
 
***************************************************************
 
Summer's Home
 
Knock….knock.
 
Knock….knock.
 
“W-will? You in there?”
 
No response
 
“Willow?” The door to Willow's room was opened, but there was no one inside.
 
Tara scrunched her brow confused. Where is she?
 
She went down stairs where she found Buffy, Dawn, Molly, and Annabelle. “Have you seen W-Willow?”
 
“Isn't she in her room?” Buffy asked also confused.
 
Tara shook he head. “No, I just checked, it's empty.” Dawn walked towards the door and looked outside.
“Uhh, Buffy…the cars not here.” Dawn said turning and heading back to them.
 
 
“What? Where did she go?” Buffy asked a little worried.
 
“I don't know how much better this is going to make any one feel, but…Kennedy's missing too” Molly said after looking around and seeing that Kennedy wasn't there.
 
Tara's worried expression turned into a frown. “Oh…well then I guess Willow's f-f-fine…She's just with…her”
 
 
“That doesn't mean anything, Tara. We'll just wait and see what went on when they get home” Buffy said optimistically.
 
 
 
**********************************************
 
 
Bronze
 
After a few hours of talking about nothing important and just small talk, the girls had several glasses on there table.
Kennedy hadn't really noticed until now that Willow actually was drunk. Most of the glasses on the table were hers.
 
“Willow? I think you've had enough to drink” She said slowly.
 
“How would you know if I've had too much to drink, you haven't had as much.” She said slurred.
 
 
“That would be why” Kennedy said getting up from her seat and walking over to Willow. “Keys please?” She said with her hand out.
 
Willow gave her the keys, being to drunk to care.
 
“Ok lets go” Kennedy said as Willow got up from her seat, as she tried to stand she stumbled a little but Kennedy caught her before she fell to the ground face down.
 
“Hey there…easy…come on” She said as he wrapped her arm around Willow's waist and placed Willow's arm over her shoulders. They walked out of the Bronze like that. As they were walking some one stepped out of the shadows.
 
 
 
“Red? Is that you?” Spiked asked as he got closer to them.
 
 
“Spike? Hey where you been soul buddy” Spike cringed “…you missed out the fun…wasn't it Kenny? We had drinks and talked and got our feelings out, it was like share time… Share time is care time.” She said giggling at the end like a little kid.
 
 
“She's a bit…drunk” Kennedy explained to spike.
 
 
“Yeah, know kidding.” He answered.
 
“Can you drive?” Kennedy asked. “I wasn't paying to much attention on the way here and I don't know my way back to the house.””
 
“Uh yeah, I'll drive” He said and helped Kennedy get Willow in the car.
 
 
 
**************************************************
 
“Hey isn't that Buffy's car?” Xander asked Anya as they drove behind a jeep that looked very much like Buffy's.
 
“it looks like it but I cant tell whose driving from back here…Have them pull over to check” She says facing him and moving her head at different angles trying to see into the other car.
 
“Anya I am not going to pull them over.”
 
 
“Fine….then speed up so we can see.” She said a little desperate.
 
“I can't….I need to fill up on gas anyways, we'll see who it was when we get to Buffy's” He said as he turned a different corner and went to a gas station.
 
Anya glared at him but nodded.
 
 
 
*****************************************************************
 
“Ok kiddies, we're here.” Spike said as he stopped in front of the Summers home.
 
He helped Kennedy get Willow out of the car and together they carried her to the front door. Kennedy knocked. “They're going to kill me” She mumbled.
 
“How's that?” Spike asked.
 
“Look at her, she's drunk and we didn't even tell them where we were going, we were going to be back hours ago…..You've met Tara…think she's going to kick my …..”
 
“Oh god, where have you been?” Dawn asked as she opened the door wider.
 
 
“We were…at the bronze.” She said helping Spike with Willow.
 
They took her to the couch and sat her.
“Hey Dawnie, what's up….when did you get here?” Willow asked with a giant grin on her face.
 
Buffy, Tara and the other two potentials walked in. “Willow, where have you been?” Buffy asked.
 
“She's drunk.” Dawn told them.
 
Buffy glared at Kennedy, and Tara asked “You got her drunk?” Accusing Kennedy.
 
 
“No. nothing…she….she was telling me about you and her…I guess I was to caught up in the story to notice she was drinking to much, and after wards we had more drinks next thing I know she's all…like this” She tried to explain.
 
 
 
“Ahhh come one Tara….Give her a break….she didn't do nothing to…me….we were just having fun with a few drinks…..Hey maybe you can go with me next time….more getting to know each other time.” She said with a high pitched voice and a grin on her face. “Who knows maybe after wards we can have some other type of fun” She said seductively to Tara.
 
Buffy walked to Willow. “I think you should go to bed, before you do something you'll regret tomorrow” She told Willow quietly so no one else really heard her.
 
“Oh yeah, and what could I possibly regret” She said with a grin, but walked towards the stairs any ways. Every one watching her go except for Tara who just kept her back to Willow. Willow made her way she pass Tara but before she could get to far she turned with a grin on her face.
 
 
 
“Oh Tara” She said in a sing song voice. Tara turned when Willow called her. Once she was facing Willow, Willow wrapped her arms around her and passionately kissed her with out letting go. Tara was in shock. Her eyes wide as Willow's lips were on hers.
 
To be continued