Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ False Face, Hidden Heart ❯ Sanity and Mind Games ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I hate this…anyway I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura or any of it's characters, however the plot is mine and I will personally drag you through Hell and back should you see fit to'borrow' it.

Foxtails: Next chapter! I can't believe how popular it was, thank you so much to,

Yuriko: Enough, enough! You're wasting paper-space, onto the chapter!

False Face, Hidden Heart: Chapter Two

'What? Who, who are you--'

The azure eyes blinked, then a figure walked out from the shadows cast by the walls.

'Hiiragazawa Eriol of course. Who else? I am sure no other currently lives in this room but me.'

Tomoyo squinted trying to see him more clearly.

The figure sighed and walked across the room, suddenly a small lamp clicked on illuminating half the room in pale orange light.

Tomoyo gasped, Eriol was breathtaking. Not much taller then her, black and blue highlighted hair and dark blue eyes staring at her from behind thing glasses.

'Onegai [1], sit.' He said gesturing to a thick couch with elaborately carved mahogany legs.

'I though patients weren't allowed lamps or wooden objects.' Tomoyo commented as she obediently lowered herself onto the couch.

'I am mentally unstable Tomoyo-san,' laughed Eriol bitterly, eye catching on the nametag she wore, 'not suicidal. Would you like some tea?' he asked cordially changing the subject.

Tomoyo felt her mind bring it's defences up. There was something wrong with this patient. Eriol acted so-so normal. He didn't show any signs of mental instability, seemed to be-no he acted like he was sane.

~~~~~~~~~~

Eriol smiled inwardly to himself as he watched Tomoyo grow more uncomfortably and squirm in her seat, clearly unsure.

This Tomoyo was cleverer than the rest, she knew there was something off about him. She sensed he wasn't what he seemed to be. Not like all the other nurses he had had before.

The others were stupid, they had let their defences down and become comfortable with him once they saw how he acted, Tomoyo. Tomoyo was different, instead her defence went up and she grew increasingly nervous.

However the girl seemed nice enough. Long raven black hair which spilled all the way down her back and the soft amethyst eyes.

Shame that he would have to take advantage of her really, but he didn't want to be in a mental ward forever, he would just have to use her to get him out of here…just like he had done to three nurses and a doctor in his previous hospitals.

Mind games were such fun.

If he wasn't so supposedly unstable himself he might have become a psychiatrist himself…

Noticing that the nurse had become even more defensive in her body language, he set about bringing them down.

'Gomen ne Hiiragazawa-kun, I have to go, it was nice to meet you.'

Damn.

He would have to work on her next time. He watched as she made for the door stopping only to pick up her scattered papers which were still lying on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~

After the door closed Tomoyo gave a shaky sigh and leaned her back against the door…Eriol was just freaky.

With that thought she pushed herself off the door and walked down the corridor to file her report.

~~~~~~~~~~

For a few minutes after Tomoyo left Eriol sat in complete silence staring at the sterile white walls contemplating. After fifteen minutes of staring contest with the wall Eriol gave an irritated sigh and stood up.

He stormed swiftly up to the lamp which was still on and glared irritably at it, he hated light. With a smart click he turned it off and sat on the edge of his bed hesitant to sleep, afraid of the nightmares that would plague him.

He placed his glasses on the nightstand and swung his legs up to rest on the bed. He rubbed his eyes wearily and decided to read instead. He picked up a book and flicked it open to a random page.

He hated sleeping, when he was awake he could control the ghostly thoughts and memories which hovered around him, but when he closed his eyes to rest those memories resurfaced.

Eriol closed the book with a snap after he realised he was reading the same paragraph again and again. Instead he returned to his staring contest with the wall. Stupid hospital, couldn't they use any other colour but white?

Against his will he felt his eyelids begin to droop and his head loll forward as his tired mind lulled him into slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tomoyo walked confidently down the corridors of the psychiatric ward despite the fact it was one AM and most of the corridors were almost pitch dark, she knew this place like the back of her hand.

As she passed each door she quietly checked each patient was sleeping as peacefully as a mentally unstable person could.

As she passed Eriol's door her hand paused hesitantly on the handle…she shook her head and determinedly wrapped her fingers tightly around the handle and turned, she quietly popped her head into room 404 half expecting a pair of blue eyes to be staring right back at her.

Instead she saw a huddled figure on the bed in a tangle of sheets breathing evenly. She sighed in relief and closed the door again.

Tomoyo had made it half way down the corridor to room 412 when she heard a cry down the corridor from one of the doors. With a sigh she turned back around to calm whatever patient had screamed.

She walked calmly into the door where the crying was coming from without bothering to look at the number plate, 404.

It was only when she made it to the bed and saw Eriol curled up in his sheets with dry sobs wracking his body in his sleep that she realised.

She raised her hand to his head to make sure he wasn't getting ill when he grabbed it. She gasped and was about give him a good slap in the face for shocking her regardless if he was a patient or not when she realised he was still asleep.

His face calmed and he settled back to sleep still holding on her hand tightly, as Tomoyo tried to pry her fingers out of his death grip but he gave a quiet whimper so she gave up.

Instead he settled in the chair next to the bed and settled to wait till morning with her hand still trapped in Eriol's grip.

~~~~~~~~~~

Foxtails: Slightly longer chapter for you…this is my last update until after Christmas day at least, me wants to rest. Though I will get the next chapter out around New Year maybe.

Yuriko: *opens her mouth only to have Fox stuff paper in it*

Foxtails: Not a word from you.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New 2003 wherever you are!

Lotsa Hugs and Pocky From Foxtails.

[1] Onegai means please.