Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of Night ❯ Her Scent ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Card Captor Sakura, nor do I own Kouga from Inuyasha I decided last minute to borrow him for this.
 
 
A Candy Flavored Production
 
Secrets of Night
 
Chapter One
Her Scent
 
xoxo
 
She looked up nervously at the large building before her, Another new school… another normal and boring year… she thought to herself sadly, before sighing. Frowning she adjusted the weight of her backpack on her shoulder and fixed her uniform before walking through the front gates and into the building. She looked around as kids her age and younger chatted away with friends going wherever.
 
Where am I supposed to go? She wondered as she walked through the halls carefully avoiding the swarm of bodies. She sighed again lost and confused and she suddenly jumped, startled when a shrilly ring rang though the building. That's probably the bell… she thought as she stood in her spot watching as students rushed passed her to their classes. In less than two minutes the overly crowded hall was empty and she stood there alone.
 
The frown on her face seemed to deepen as she continued to wonder the halls when a door caught her eye.
`Main Office' was written delicately on a golden plaque above the door. Opening it she saw the secretary look up at her from her computer and she gave her a smile.
 
“You must be Kinomoto Sakura?” the lady asked.
 
The girl in question nodded, “Hai…” came her soft reply as she brushed away her light honey brown bangs from her eyes.
 
The secretary stood and her smile brightened, “Welcome to Tokyo High Kinomoto-san, Please come this way, the Principal would like to speak with you.”
 
Sakura nodded and followed quietly behind her.
 
xoxo
 
He growled, another year condemned to be in the same homeroom as him. His dark amber eyes glared towards a pale boy at the other side of the room. Damn that stupid Contract… he thought bitterly, why the hell do they have to roam this school? We had this place first…
 
Clenching and unclenching his hand his frown deepened when the boy turned around and met his glare. The pale boy's dark eyes flashed dangerously though they were hidden behind a sleek pair of glasses and the boy gave a malicious grin showing his pearly whites.
 
Turning away he roughly pushed aside his unruly dark chocolate hair from his eyes and stared unemotionally out the window until something caught his attention. It was something strangely alluring and arousing in a way. His eyes darkened and they darted to look at the door as it suddenly slid open.
 
xoxo
 
The dark blue hairs at the back of his neck rose; he couldn't help but grin as he turned seeing the angry male across the room glare at him. This was sure to be another interesting year with unlimited amounts of arguing with dear old buddy Li… he thought to himself before turning around again to face Terada-sensei.
 
Adjusting his glasses pushing them back up the bridge of his nose he hid a smirk and suppressed a chuckle. Holding his pen delicately in between two slender fingers he twirled it casually like a drumstick. Suddenly something in the air seemed to change for him causing him to glance up from his pen to the door. There was something there so enthralling, it seemed to put him into a trance and he couldn't think properly anymore. Staring at the door a bit longer it suddenly slid open.
 
xoxo
 
Sakura nodded to the Principal as he spoke the rules and guidelines to her. He explained how the building was built and where each section was. She tried to seem interested and grateful that he was helping her, but she was sure she'd figure it out eventually anyways. Besides, she highly doubted she'd be in this school for long knowing her father.
 
He gave her a cheerful smile as he guided her to her homeroom, “I hope you enjoy your year here Kinomoto-san.” He told her sincerely.
 
She struggled to give a smile as nervous as she was, “Thank you.” She replied and let the Principal open the classroom door.
 
She watched from behind the door, the Principal and her new homeroom teacher exchange a few words before she was signaled to step into the classroom.
 
Taking a deep breath to calm herself she stepped in.
 
“Class, this is Kinomoto Sakura. She will be joining us here in Tokyo High for the school year.” The sensei said before he turned to her, “Please introduce yourself.”
 
Sakura bowed to her classmates, “Ohayo Gozaimasu…” she began, “I'm Kinomoto Sakura, I came from Tomoeda but I've been moving around a lot because of my Father's Job.” She explained. A light blush spread across her cheeks, she never liked speaking in front of crowds, and she especially didn't like it when all the attention was averted to her.
 
Her teacher smiled at her and told her she could take the seat at the back of the class in the middle row. Sakura nodded and she made her way to her seat trying not to disturb anyone. Taking out her notebook and a pen she quietly began to do her work as class continued on.
 
Time seemed to fly by for Sakura as she caught up with the class, but none of it seemed too hard for her seeing as she had already learnt most of the stuff. She had been tutored last year as she followed her Father around Europe on his digs. The years before that, she had gone to several different schools a year that she'd learned not to get attached to anyone. The bell rang and everyone got up bowed to their sensei and gathered their things. Sakura sighed as she set her bag on her desk and neatly put her books away.
 
Looking up, her emerald eyes met with cold amber ones and a glare she suppressed a shiver as he walked out of the room, what's his problem? She wondered as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Walking out of the classroom she bumped into someone and nearly fell over if it weren't for the firm but gentle grip on her wrist that pulled her back up.
 
“Ano…” Sakura looked up sheepishly, “Gomenasi.” She apologized. This time her eyes met with deep sapphire ones.
 
The male suddenly let her go as if she burnt him and he muttered an “It's okay.” Before he disappeared in the crowd.
 
Sakura frowned, what's up with the people in this school? She thought, especially the guys… shaking her head she pulled out her schedule from her pocket and looked for her next class. Not concentrating on where she was going she bumped into someone again. She groaned, this just isn't my day she frowned, “Gomenasi… I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.” She apologized again. She looked up and saw a girl probably around her age.
 
“It's alright.” She replied as she eyed Sakura up and down, “You're new here aren't you?” she asked politely.
 
Sakura nodded, “I'm Kinomoto Sakura.” She introduced. The other girl smiled, “Daidouji Tomoyo.” She supplied. She held out her hand, “Show me your schedule, I'll be able to help you.”
 
Sakura gave her a grateful smile as she handed her the paper, Finally, someone seemingly Normal… she thought happily.
 
“Oh!” Tomoyo gasped cutting Sakura's train of thought, “You're in my next two classes, so I can guide you there.” Taking Sakura's hand she pulled her in the direction where they had to go.
 
Sakura's eyes brightened, “Thank You!” she said sincerely. Tomoyo gave her a smile, “It's nothing, and by the way, you can call me Tomoyo.”
 
Sakura returned the smile, “Call me Sakura then.” As they walked to their class Tomoyo asked her a few questions like where she came from, places she's been and such. Before class started Sakura talked with her teacher and she assigned her seat next to Tomoyo's and they took their seats.
 
In the middle of their small conversation Sakura looked up at the door and saw the amber eyed boy walk in, and a few seconds later, the boy she bumped into walked in.
 
Tomoyo followed her gaze, “The first one who walked in is Li Syaoran,” she whispered, “Don't bother trying to make friends with him though, he only hangs out with his crowd… a strange group of people I say… the other one is Hiiragizawa Eriol… Same with him, he only hangs out with his crowd and them two are major enemies for some unknown reason.”
 
Sakura nodded taking in this information, “That one, “she motioned to Syaoran, “Glared at me this morning… for no reason too.” She told Tomoyo, “And I bumped into the other one before I bumped into you, I almost fell and he help me, but then let me go as if I burnt him… strange isn't it?” she asked.
 
Tomoyo nodded, “It is… Li-san doesn't really glare at anyone beside Hiiragizawa-san… and Hiiragizawa-san, even though he's not interested in making friends he's very polite…”
 
Sakura frowned, have I done something to offend them? She wondered. Shaking her head slightly, why should I care anyways? I don't even know them, and they don't know me. Sakura was about to ask Tomoyo a question but their teacher decided to begin class.
 
School droned on and on, Sakura met other people -friends of Tomoyo's- during lunch, she learnt faster routes to get to her classes and became more familiar with some faces. Some had the courage to speak to her before class began or caught her in the hall afterwards.
 
After the long day, Sakura bid goodbye to Tomoyo as she watched her get picked up by a sleek black limousine. Sakura sighed, what a day… she thought to herself before heading home.
 
xoxo
 
“Mother! Where is Kouga-san? I need to speak with him!” called Syaoran as soon as he entered the large mansion. Chuckles and giggles behind him erupted causing him to turn around and glare at them, “Shut up.” He growled.
 
“Relax Syaoran, it's just funny to see you so distressed about a girl.” Came one male. Syaoran rolled his eyes.
 
“What's this about a girl?” came a stern voice from above the staircase, the small group of teens lead by Syaoran looked up seeing an elegantly dressed woman.
 
“Mother,” Syaoran bowed, “Where is Kouga-san?” he asked.
 
“I'm right here,” Came the man in question as he stepped out from the shadows, “What is it?” he asked as he motioned him to sit by the sofas in the parlor.
 
Syaoran held his growl, “Besides the fact that I have that stupid Vampire Prince in almost all my classes? There's a new girl in school.”
 
Kouga rose his brow in confusion, “Why does a new girl bother you Syaoran? I'm sure there have been plenty of new girls over the years.”
 
“It's her scent.” The male from before answered for Syaoran with a chuckle.
 
Syaoran turned around to face him, “Shut up Ryu.” He growled menacingly. Kouga chuckled, “Her scent? My boy that's completely normal for a woman's scent to… distract you.” He gave Syaoran a grin and exchanged similar glances with Syaoran's mother Yelen, “Is she a wolf then?” he asked.
 
Syaoran's frowned deepened, “No, and it seems that the Vampire Prince also seems to either sense something from her or he smells her scent as well. He seemed to act differently around her.”
 
Kouga's eyes narrowed, “Then she's a Vampire?” he asked.
 
Again, Syaoran shook his head, “No, she didn't have that distinct aura indicating that she was, and her scent definitely didn't indicate it either.”
 
Yelen had walked down to the parlor and stood behind Kouga, “This is strange… A girl attracting both a Wolf and Vampire? I've never heard of such a possibility.”
 
Silence filled the parlor until a girl around Syaoran's age spoke up, “I say just forget about the girl. Give her to the Vampires.” She shrugged casually.
 
Kouga shook his head, “It's not that simple Meiling, You see, you do not smell what Syaoran smells because you are not male.”
 
“But the others don't smell what Syaoran smells either.” Meiling said jealousy seemed to shoot through her.
 
“Listen Meiling it doesn't attract everyone, it doesn't work that way. When a woman comes along that has a scent that just seems to fill your mind, it mesmerizes you and you can't control it. It's the scent that fills a male with desire and lust. Think of it as… a mate tracker. A woman's scent just calls out to a male and there you have it. A woman's scent can attract more than one male, though it's usually two or more Wolves, or Vampires… never have I heard where both is involved.” Kouga sighed, “This is a problem.”
 
Syaoran rolled his eyes, “You think?”
 
Yelen thought for a moment then with a stern look she turned to Syaoran, “Syaoran, I suggest you work fast to get the girl. I want to know what it is about her that attracts both you and the Vampire. She must be quite special.”
 
Syaoran nodded, “I won't loose.” He said determined to get Sakura. A smirk adorned his features; This is going to be an interesting year…
 
xoxo
 
Eriol sighed as he walked into the mansion his friends walking behind him silently. “I'll be in my room. When Clow-san steps in, tell him I must speak with him.” His voice was soft yet cold and stern all the same.
 
His friends nodded and they disappeared in the shadows within the mansion. Eriol frowned and made his way up to his room and into his private bathroom. Starting up a cold shower he groaned, Why can't I concentrate properly? He asked himself. A pair of bright emerald green eyes flashed in his mind, and the smell of strawberries, cherry blossoms and something unfamiliar to him filled his senses. “That girl…” he muttered as he stepped into the shower.
 
Letting the water drip over his body his frown deepened, there had never been a girl before, who affected him like this. It was strange, something he had never experienced. Part of him he enjoyed it, the other hated it deeply, hated it because he couldn't control it. He was surprised he had managed through the day without biting her marking her as his.
 
He clenched his hand and shut his eyes tight. And that Wolf… I saw the way he looked at her… He can't have her. She's mine. He thought possessively. A smirk adorned his face once more and he chuckled, I'm not going to loose to a Wolf…
 
Once he was done showering, he stepped out and pulled out a black plush towel drying himself. Slipping on his glasses that he had set aside by the sink, he made his way into his room and quickly changed into a simple black dress shirt and pants.
 
There was a knock at his door, “Come in.” He called as he ran a hand through his wet hair.
 
An older female with long brown hair stepped in, “Eriol? You said you wanted to speak with Clow-sama?”
 
Eriol looked up at the woman, “Yes. Is he in Nakuru?” he asked. Nakuru smiled and nodded, “Would you like me to walk you there?”
 
Eriol shrugged and he followed her out. He eyed Nakuru's mischievous grin, “What are you grinning about?” he asked.
 
Nakuru's dark eyes seemed to glitter, “Is it true? What the others said?” she asked.
 
Eriol chuckled, “I don't know… What were the other's saying?”
 
“Don't act like you don't know… Well anyways, they said that there's this new girl in your school who caught your attention. Does she have a scent?” she asked.
 
Eriol nodded, “Indeed she does. A strong one too.” Thinking about it Eriol clenched his hand tightly.
 
Nakuru's grin widened showing off her fangs, “Did you bite her?” she asked, “We need a new girl around here.”
 
Eriol shook his head, “No I didn't bite her…” he replied and he looked up at Clow Reed as they reached the Study Room, “Clow-san How are you this evening?” he asked politely.
 
Clow smiled, “I've been very well thank you Eriol. So what's this I hear about a girl?” he asked.
 
“There's this new girl at his school Clow-sama!” Nakuru filled in excitedly. She stopped seeing the look Eriol gave her. She smiled sheepishly.
 
Eriol chuckled before a dark looked filled his eyes, “Yes and this girl has a scent but there is a problem…”
 
Both Clow and Nakuru rose a brow at this, “Which is?”
 
“She attracts the Wolf Prince too.”
 
xoxo
 
Sakura stretched leaning back into her chair at her computer desk. Looking over her homework she smiled with content and closed it packing away her stuff into her bag. Suddenly hearing a car drive into the driveway she took a peek out her window and a small smile spread on her face. Getting up from her seat, she walked down the stairs from her room into the kitchen.
 
“Tadaima!” came a call.
 
Sakura's father walked into the kitchen, “Konbanwa Sakura.” He greeted patting her head in a fatherly way.
 
“Konbanwa Otou-san.” She greeted in return, “What would you like for dinner?” she asked.
 
Her father gave her a smile, “Anything you feel like having Sakura. How was your first day of school?” he asked as he took a seat by the table watching Sakura set everything up.
 
“Ano… It was interesting. I made a couple of new friends.” She told him, “It's different from all my older schools, and some of the stuff I've already learnt the basics from Mizuki-sensei last year in Europe.”
 
Her Father nodded understanding, “That's good, at least you won't have a problem then.”
 
Sakura gave a smile as she turned on the oven, “Hai… What about your day Otou-san?”
 
“It was fairly interesting, we were just cleaning up a few artifacts at the museum, and one of my colleagues asked me to fill in for him at the University. I had an interview so we'll probably be in Tokyo a little longer than we intended.” He told her.
 
Sakura nodded, “Alright. When's you're next dig?” she asked.
 
Her father thought for a moment, “I'll be having one at the end of next month, it's a small one only a week and a half so I'll trust you to stay here on your own. Touya will probably drop by with Yukito-san.”
 
“Oh, okay… When's your next big one?”
 
“Not for a while I'm afraid, Tanaki-san's wife is pregnant so we have to wait a while to find a replacement for the time he's taking leave and the other 18 months he wants to spend with his wife and children.”
 
“Children?” Sakura asked curiously, “I thought he just got married last year.”
 
Her father nodded, “yes, they found out they're having twins.” He said. Sakura smiled brightly, “That's cute, congratulate them for me the next time you see Tanaki-san. “
 
He nodded again, and before anything more could be said the phone rang, “I'll get it Sakura, you continue cooking, it's probably one of my colleagues.”
 
Sakura nodded and continued on concentrating on dinner. Night rolled on and dinner passed quickly. Sighing Sakura walked over to her window opening it, leaning out she held onto the ledged of her roof and climbed up. Laying back she stared up at the stars a smile on her face.
 
“Sakura-san, it's cold out you should be inside.” Came a voice from her left. Turning she saw an angel sitting beside her looking up at the moon.
 
“Good evening Yue-san… What are you doing in Tokyo?” she asked him before looking back up at the stars, “Where's Kero-chan?”
 
“We came because you are here… and Cerberus should be coming any minute now.” Came his monotonous reply.
 
“Sakura-chan!” Came a call from above, Sakura looked above her seeing a large lion with armor fly her way.
 
Sakura giggled, “Good evening Kero-chan.”
 
“What are you doing out so late Sakura-chan?” asked Kero as he took the empty spot to her right to lie down next to her.
 
“You know… the usual. I wanted to feel the stars before I go to sleep.” She looked down at Kero, and then looked up at Yue, “Have you charge your magic properly?” she asked concerned, “It's been cloudy lately.”
 
Kero nodded, “Yes, my star hasn't been covered by clouds in the morning.”
 
“Do not worry about us Sakura-san.” Yue said, “But yes, I've charged quite well.”
 
She smiled at her companions, “That's good, and I worry about you because you are my friends. The longest friends I've ever had.” She told them sincerely.
 
Covering her yawn she stretched again, “You should go to sleep now Sakura-san. We'll stay out here if you need anything.”
 
Sakura smiled gratefully and climbed back into her room tucking herself into her bed sleep took over quickly.
 
xoxo
 
A howl echoed in the night as Syaoran ran along side his pack. His amber eyes shone brightly in the night and it seemed like they glowed, his soft dark fur shone with silver from the moon. His eyes narrowed and he sniff the air suddenly a growl erupted from his throat. Vampires. He thought venomously.
 
The fur on his back rose with anger as he growled loudly, “What are you doing here?”
 
Eriol seemed to appear out of nowhere in the dark, he eyes shone darkly and he smirked showing off his sharp fangs. “Nice to see you too Li.” He said as his friends appeared by his side.
 
Syaoran's eyes seemed to have narrowed even more, “Get off our property.” He ordered.
 
Eriol took a step forward, “Not before I get something clear.” He said sternly.
 
“And what would that be?” Syaoran asked.
 
Eriol smirked again, “The new girl is mine so back off.” He said.
 
“Like hell she is!” Syaoran growled about to pounce on him if it weren't for Ryu and another wolf, “She'll be mine, not yours so just stay away from her.”
 
Eriol's smirk widened, “Well then, if you won't stay away from her, neither will I…” as he walked back into the shadows, “Enjoy the rest of your evening Li…”
 
Syaoran growled, pushed passed Ryu and jumped into the shadows to find nothing, “Damn it!” he cursed before giving out a loud angry howl.
 
 
 
To Be Continued.
 
 
 
Notes You Should Know:
 
Yes, Syaoran and the rest of the Li Family are Werewolves.
Yes, Eriol, Clow Reed and others are Vampires.
No, There are no Clow Cards, Sakura Cards
Yes, Sakura has Magic. She gets her Magic from the Stars.
Yes, Yue and Kero are still like guardians in a way, yet Sakura is NOT their Mistress.
 
Any other questions, feel free to ask :D
 
Don't forget to Review! Thanks! Try not to be harsh though.
 
-Sami