Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ What If ❯ Sakura and the Clow, Part 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hey! It’s you again!

A/N: Thanks for your reviews and your opinions that came along with them, they really mean a lot. Hope you enjoy this one too!

Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, I do not actually own CCS. You see, it’s owned by this Japanese company called CLAMP. What I do is take their characters and make stories of my own with them. This practice is usually called fanfiction in the internet nowadays. Hope we could clear that out.

Some repetitive but important information:

“Character Talking”

ºCharacter Thinkingº

(Me Talking)

And a story:

Card Captor Sakura

Chapter 1:
Sakura and the Clow

Part 2: Sakura’s First Attempt at Magic

Syaoran looked at a street sign and then at the paper in his hand, feeling satisfied. "Finally!" He started to walk along the street, looking at the number on each house.

Even though he felt a little less tense now, he could still feel the heat going through his face and he was pretty sure his heart was still beating as fast as when he met that cashier, but he decided to account that to the fact that he was not only about to go on his trial for the clan, but was about to see the legendary Book of Clow.

Finally finding the house, he approached the door. "This should be the place." He took a step forward to ring the doorbell, but as his finger was about to touch the button he felt a tingling feeling run through his whole body.

"Ouch!" Came a girlish cry from inside the house.

"What the..." He closed his eyes, trying to focus. ºFor a second, I was sure I could feel an amazingly strong magical aura.º He moved to the side of the door and tried to see inside the house through a window. Inside he saw a girl opening a book and taking a card from the inside. ºIs that...?º Realization hit him as he remembered the words from his grandfather. ºThe seal! That girl broke it!º He tried to open the door but it was locked. Syaoran felt the same strong aura again coming from inside the house and before he could reflect on what might be the cause, a bunch of rectangle shaped cards were flying through the roof of the house and going away in all directions.

Syaoran desperately slammed his body against the door bringing it down. "No!" Syaoran ignored the pain on his shoulder to look at the girl who seemed as if she had just seen a ghost. She was now staring back at him with an expression of pure fear in her eyes.

"W-what? W-who?" Sakura wasn't sure if she should look at the boy or the roof that was still intact even after the cards had gone through it. She was pretty sure now that this wasn't a dream since her hand still ached very hard from hitting that lock.

Syaoran looked at the book. There was nothing in it but an empty hole. He fell on his knees and punched the floor trying to let out his frustration. "Damn it!" Looking up, he glared at Sakura "You idiot! Do you have any idea of what you just did?" He said, walking until he was just a foot away from the girl.

Sakura felt her voice falter and had to swallow a big amount of saliva before she could let out any words. "I-I-I don't know what happened. I just read the words on this card and... Wait! Who are you? You just break into my house and start calling me names!" Sakura tried to sound like she was angry, but she wasn't fooling anybody. The look Syaoran was giving her only made her feel more cornered.

Syaoran sighed like a teacher that can't get the students in his class to shut up. "So you just go opening other people's property pretending its OK?"

Sakura was now on the verge of tears. "I... I swear I didn't know this would happen!"

Syaoran let out an unintelligible sound of frustration. "That doesn't change the fact that you weren't supposed to open it in the first place! Have you no respect for personal property?"

Sakura tried to control her sobs so she could talk. "I... Wait..." She made a small pause to think and spoke slowly as if to keep up with her trail of thought. "You are the person who was supposed to get the..." It hit her. Her face became red and she went from scared to embarrassed. "Hoe! I'm sorry. I'm really sorry!" She said bowing repeatedly. "I really had no idea that this would happen! If there's anything I can do, just tell me. I can ask my father to pay you back. He's..."

"Shut up!" Sakura stopped dead in her tracks. "There's no money that could pay for those cards." He said, obviously offended by the silly offer. He waited a moment to let Sakura explain herself, but after noticing she was just waiting for him to say something, the boy took a moment to think things over. "Listen..." Sakura's head jolted up, paying full attention. "I recognize you really had no idea that could happen, but that's irrelevant considering that if you hadn't..."

Syaoran was interrupted when the book on the floor started emitting a strong golden glow, drawing their attention. The book found itself closed now. Sakura noticed that the creature drawn on the cover had disappeared to give place to a symbol similar to the one on the back, only with a sun instead of a moon.

A small yellow creature, that resembled a stuffed bear with wings, slowly materialized itself above the book. "Hey there!" It shouted cheerfully, waving its paw in the air.

"Hoeee!" Sakura felt as if her heart was about to jump out of her mouth and run away. Her sanity was being pushed to its limits. ºFirst the weird cards, then the mysterious boy, and now a living stuffed bear with wings?!º She took a moment to reflect if this could be some sort of practical joke or if she had simply gone crazy already, but then her mind wandered back to that night on the past week. ºWait! It's exactly the same as in my dream. This is even the same boy!º

Syaoran failed to see Sakura’s sudden change of expression as she examined his face. He was too busy examining the creature’s face. His eyes were ridiculously wide and he completely forgot what he was about to tell the girl before the creature showed up.

He knew in an instant that the creature was the one in his dream. The one standing by Sakura. It was only then that he stopped to think about that. ºSo this really is Kinomoto-san. She’s just like my dream. And this thing can only be...º He pointed his finger at the creature, even more shocked now that he had realized who it was. "It can't be! You're not by any chance..."

"Kerberos." The creature said while making a fierce pose. However, as he saw the unimpressed look on the couple's face, he realized he had not gotten the reaction he was expecting. He only understood the reason for that when he looked down at himself. "Why am I at my fake form? Clow said that you and the cards combined should have enough power to..." He paused as he looked at the empty book. "Where are they?" He asked casually looking around the room as if he was sure they were obviously somewhere close.

Syaoran sighed, slapping his own face with his hand. ºThis couldn't have gone worse! The most important day of my life turned into this joke!º He thought, looking at the two oblivious souls that shared the room with him. "The cards are gone." He said without hesitating.

Sakura flinched and blushed bright red as the boy said those words. The creature seemed even more disturbed than Sakura.

There was a split second of silence in which the creature tried to evaluate if it was just a silly joke, but he came to the conclusion that the young boy was most definitely not joking. "They're what?!" He yelled in panic. Syaoran lifted his hands in defense as the creature quickly soared through the air towards him. "How? Why? Who did this?"

Syaoran snorted and made a movement with his head towards Sakura.

The girl felt herself shrink in embarrassment. "I... I..." She still wasn't sure of what she should say. Her mind felt like a big blank as it tried to process all the nonsense information that was coming in, though it worked enough to tell her she had done something terribly bad and would give anything to be awakened at that moment by the doorbell to find out she had only fallen asleep on the couch and was having some crazy dream again.

Before Sakura knew it, the creature was floating an inch away from her nose. "You better explain yourself, girl!" It said, trying to look scary.

Despite the situation Sakura couldn't help but think the little beast was kind of funny, but she decided to keep that to herself.

"It's not her fault." Syaoran said, surprising Sakura. ºHe's defending me now?º She thought confused. "She had no idea what she was doing."

The creature eyed Syaoran suspiciously. "How come? If she opened the seal she must have known what she was doing."

Syaoran took a deep long breath trying to put his thoughts in order. He came to the conclusion that he was clearly going to have to be the one to explain what was going on to the other two. He sat down on the couch. "Why don't you two try to calm down and we'll all explain ourselves so that we can move on to the more important subject of finding the cards?"



Meanwhile, on the staff room of a convenience store nearby, Touya and Yukito were having a snack at the little break they had from their jobs.

"Who was that boy you were talking to a while ago, Yuki?" Touya asked, referring to the boy who had run away a few minutes ago, looking very scared.

"I don't know, he was looking for your house, but all of a sudden he ran away."

Touya blinked twice in surprise. "He must be the Chinese boy that was coming over today. I hope he doesn't try anything with Sakura, cause if he does, I'll kill him!" He said, punching his palm really hard to emphasize his point.

Yukito chuckled at the silly thought. "Calm down Touya, he seemed like a nice boy to me. I don't think he'll do anything bad to Sakura-chan." Yukito went back to his job, leaving Touya to think.

"Still, I've been getting this feeling that he's going to do something really bad to me. Something I can't fight against." Touya said to himself before following Yukito.



"Uh... Tea is ready. Are you done with the door Li-san?" Sakura said, entering the living room, which had already undergone another cleaning up. She carried a tray containing three cups of tea and three pieces of chocolate cake. Unfortunately, a lot of the tea had been spilled on the tray due to Sakura's trembling hands. ºI'm serving tea to a talking stuffed bear. I'm serving tea to a talking stuffed bear.º She kept repeating to herself in her head, not really expecting to accomplish anything by doing so.

Syaoran was kneeled beside the door that was back in place now. He wiped his forehead with the long sleeve of his Chinese shirt and closed the toolbox in front of him. "I'm done. Don't worry. It didn't leave any marks, so your dad won't even notice." Syaoran said, rather proud of himself. He felt very relieved now that everything seemed under control, and fixing the door had really helped him cool down his mind, even though the book's guardian had been annoying him nonstop with questions regarding his family, Sakura and what had happened in the past few centuries.

Sakura placed the tray on the coffee table and fell down on the couch. She closed her eyes for a second, trying to escape inside her mind, but soon opened them again, knowing it would be useless. "So..." She said. "I... W-what..." She wasn't sure on how to elaborate the thousands of questions that were popping in her head.

Syaoran sat down next to her. He took a sip of tea and sweat dropped when he saw that his cup was nearly empty already. Preferring not to make any comments about the fact that there was more tea in the tray than in the cups, he decided to start the explanations.

Taking a deep breath he put the cup down at the tray. "Let's start from the beginning." He was satisfied to see that he had all eyes of the room on himself now. "I know that, by now, this may not be much of a shock to you but..." He said, facing Sakura. "Magic is very real." Sakura nodded. Though the boy would have sounded ridiculous if he had said that to her an hour ago, right now it seemed as if he was just stating the obvious. "Now, about the book..." The yellow creature soared his way to the space between Syaoran and Sakura with the obvious intent to interrupt the boy.

"Excuse me." It said. "I think I'm more qualified to tell her about the book." It stated with a mocking tone.

Syaoran glared at the little creature. "I'm trying to tell a story here!" He was growing less fond of the creature with each second that passed. "I assure you, I know everything there is to know about that book."

The guardian laughed, much to Syaoran's displeasing. "You don't think you can know more than I, do you? Did you actually witness Clow in action? First hand?" Syaoran was about to reply, but was interrupted before he could emit a single sound. "I thought so."

Syaoran snorted. ºThis is ridiculous! He's got the brains of a five year old!º He thought. "Fine! Go ahead, and tell her your first hand story." He said, now paying more attention to his cake than to the conversation that had started beside him.

The guardian turned to face Sakura, who was a bit weirded out by the peculiarly out of place discussion that had just happened. "Alright, I believe we haven't been properly introduced yet. I'm Kerberos, the Guardian of the Seal, First Judge of the Clow Cards, Beast of the Sun!" He said, making another pose that would be amusing to Sakura in other circumstances. "And you are?"

Sakura took a few seconds to think before answering. "I'm Kinomoto Sakura... uh... Sixth grader." She wasn't sure if she was supposed to give out some crazy title too.

"Alright, Sakura, I'll just tell you the essential parts of the story, so pay attention." Sakura nodded, as insane as she thought she might be, she was decided to try and understand what was the meaning of all that. "It all begins many centuries ago. Clow Reed was born, son of a Chinese and an English magician. He was raised in China and became a powerful wizard, maybe the most powerful of all time. He's the one who created me." He then landed beside the book. "The cards that were in here were also created by him. Each one had a particular power. The one you used was The Windy that has the power to control the wind. But when Clow saw his death was approaching he thought it would be best to seal the cards so they wouldn't be used for selfish intentions. He made this book and put me to guard it. To protect it better, he took it to Japan, far from every great magic clan in China or England. Here, he buried the book deep on earth."

"So that's why it was in Japan!" Syaoran said, taking a new interest in the conversation. "But didn't Clow himself predict that the book would only be opened in a century from now?"

Kerberos looked at him, confused. "If he ever did such a thing, it was after he had already buried the book. I never heard that." Syaoran nodded. "Back to the story. Somehow, the book was found, which is quite a mystery to me." He looked at Sakura inquisitively.

Sakura was satisfied to see that she knew something Kerberos didn't. It made him look like a little less scary. "That's because my father teaches history in a university. He said that the archeology team he's in found the book." She said.

Kerberos nodded, not surprised with the answer. "Yeah, that makes sense. Anyway, you found it and somehow you opened it, right?" Sakura nodded. "That means you have some great magical powers. Not even I know what kind of seal was placed in the book, but Clow assured me that whoever wanted to open it would need a lot of magic power." Sakura nodded again, but hesitated a bit this time.

"But... what about you, Li-san?" She asked.

Syaoran didn't hesitate, as if he already had the answer ready in his mind. "The Li clan descends from the family of Clow's mother. That makes me a relative of Clow. When we found out the cards were here, I was sent to get them as part of my training."

"Wow..." She wasn't really sure if there was anything she could say about that.

Kerberos cleared his throat loudly to draw the attention back to him. "Well, now that you know the basics, me and the brat here have something really important to..." He couldn't finish his sentence cause Syaoran's fist had collided with the back of his head.

"Who's a brat? Fur ball!" The guardian couldn't answer cause he was apparently too dizzy to even fly straight. Syaoran turned back to Sakura. "Well, Kinomoto-san, as he was saying, we have to ask something really important from you."

Sakura nodded. "I think I know what it is... you want me to get the cards back for you, right?" She asked as a cold feeling sunk in her stomach. She had been fearing that possibility from the moment Syaoran said the cards had to be brought back. For some reason, she thought that there was something more to looking for those magic pieces of paper than it seemed. "It is my fault they got lost after all, right?" She said, a new kind of nervousness on her voice now.

Syaoran didn't seem to notice the girl's hesitating voice and just nodded. "Sort of. You won't have to do it on your own though. Me and fur ball here are going to help you." He said, picking up Kerberos from the spot on the couch he had chosen to rest.

Sakura looked at Syaoran's face for a couple of seconds, without moving her lips. In that short period of time, she was sure she felt from the boy the same feeling she felt on her dream. Protection. "I... Thank you." She said letting herself smile for the first time in what seemed to be an eternity.

Syaoran was taken off guard when she smiled. He went back to his own dream and the feeling he had felt back then. It was anger combined with fear. Not directed at her, but at whatever was attacking them. Attacking her. He found himself at a loss for words as he lived the dream again in his head. His mouth was left hanging open and he was relieved when Kerberos regained his composure and punched him right in the eye causing him to let out a loud yelp of pain.

"That will teach you not to mess with me, brat." The guardian turned back to Sakura, who seemed to have just awoken from a daydream too. "And now, to you! You're going to help us get the cards back. From now on, you're going to train your magical powers so you can use them at your own free will."

"Right!" She said, nodding confidently. "I'll do my best." ºWhat have I gotten myself into?º

"That's the spirit, Sakura!" He said, sitting down. "But first, let's eat." He took a piece of cake. At that, Sakura and Syaoran facefaulted. "Wow! This thing's delicious!" He shouted. His eyes were sparkling in pure joy. "It's been centuries since I ate anything this good! Then again, it's been centuries since I ate anything at all. Anyway..." He stood on his rear paws and pointed at Sakura "I feel revitalized. Let's begin your training!"

Sakura jumped, surprised. "Hoe! So soon? You didn't even eat right."

"Yeah! Let's start with this little something that's going to help you." He said and without giving time for Sakura to ask any questions he closed his eyes and started to focus. A weak, golden light was emitted from his body.

Something started to materialize out of thin air in front of him, emitting an even stronger glow. It was a small key, the tip shaped like a bird's head with a ruby beak in it. It was floating between Kerberos and Sakura and the girl could feel a strong air current that apparently came from the little object. "Just grab that key and hold tight to it." The guardian instructed her.

Sakura hesitated. "Huh... Right." She walked to the key with some difficulty. There seemed to be some energy other than the mysterious air current holding her back.

When she finally closed her hand around the key Kerberos started chanting a spell. "Key of the seal, there's someone wishing for a contract with you. A girl named Sakura." The key began to get bigger and change its shape. "Key, grant her power!" The key stopped its changing when it had transformed into a staff, which had the same aspects of the key, but bigger.

"Hoe. I'll use this?" Sakura said, looking at the staff in her hands. "It's like a magical wand. I thought these were just from fairytales." She liked the little object. It was cool, pretty and somewhat charismatic in its own way. And at least it was something more tangible than the guardian’s stories.

"Is this staff..." Syaoran started a question, but was interrupted.

"It's a creation of Clow himself. It has adapted its shape to better suit your magic." The guardian said. "Now that you have a contract with it, it is a part of you. Never leave it. You can retrieve it to its fake form just by relaxing your spirit. I'm sure that with time you'll get the hang of it." Sakura nodded repeatedly making sure she caught all the information.

"Hum... Kerberos-san. Can I ask you something?" She said shyly.

"Go ahead."

"I don't have to tell everybody about this, do I?" She asked, thinking of the reactions she might get. "Niichan would never let me do something like this."

Kerberos looked at her for a while as if trying to understand what she meant. "Well... if you want to keep it a secret. There's no problem, I think."

Syaoran nodded. "It's actually better if you do. Fur ball doesn't know, but in modern times magic is much less accepted as real than it was back then." Sakura had barely opened her mouth to say something when Syaoran cut in. "Wait!" He looked around as if looking for something. "I can feel a presence. It's a magical aura. One of the cards must still be around here." He closed his eyes to focus. "Outside!"

Syaoran ran to the street in front of the house, followed by the other two. "Kerberos-san, does that mean that all we have to do now is take the card and put it in the book?" Sakura asked, getting an uncomfortable feeling all over. Like the feeling you get when you know something bad is coming up.

The guardian sighed. "No. When the cards were released, they lost their source of energy which was the book. They will probably go back to their true form, which is usually very strong, and go out of control in search for more energy. That's why we have to catch them as soon as possible." He said.

"And why didn't you say this before!" The girl cried, feeling her confidence slowly vanishing again.

"You never asked." Sakura facefaulted.

"There it is!" Syaoran pointed to the sky, causing both Sakura and Kerberos to look up.

"It's The Fly card." Kerberos said pointing to a big green bird on the sky. The bird had an ethereal look about him. As he flew, his body would leave a trail of a green colored smoke that appeared to be made of his own solid body. He was probably about Sakura’s size from head to toe and wasn’t like any bird Sakura had seen before, though is looked like a bird of prey.

"That huge bird is a Clow card? How do we get to it?" Before anyone could answer Sakura's question the bird dived down on them.

Syaoran and Kerberos avoided the attack, but Sakura wasn't that much successful. She jumped to the side, back into the gates leading to her front yard and even before she hit the concrete floor, she felt a sharp pain in her left arm that told her the bird had managed to cut her with its beak.

"Kinomoto-san!" Syaoran ran to her, helped her up and looked at the cut on her arm, feeling relief that it hadn't been too deep. With guilt out of the way he could be his cool self. "You're not helping at all. You're just getting in my way!" He said not bothering to measure his words.

"I'm sorry." Sakura looked down in embarrassment. "But... Isn't there anything I can do to help?"

"Sakura!" Kerberos flew towards them. "Phew. It's only a shallow cut." He looked at the bird that was circling them in the sky as if measuring its movements. "Here's what we must do. The brat stuns the card with a thunder magic. Sakura, you take the chance to lock it while it's stunned."

"Right, but don't call me a brat again or you'll regret it!" Syaoran said, glaring at the guardian.

"How do I lock the card? I've never done anything like this before, don't you remember?" The girl said desperately. She was holding her staff tight against her chest with both hands, seeking a way to feel safer.

"Just point your staff to the card and say these words while concentrating:" Kerberos pretended he had a staff in hands and raised it above his head. "’Return to the shape you are meant to be in. Clow Card!’ And picture the card returning to its card shape in your head while you say it. Do you get it?"

"Y-yes." Sakura held her staff in a more offensive position and looked at Syaoran, expecting him to do something.

"Okay, Kinomoto-san, I'm going to stun it. Be prepared." Syaoran ran to the middle of the street, leaving Sakura and Kerberos by the front door. "Hey! Bird! Over here! Catch me!" He shouted while waving his hands in the air.

The bird dived again for Syaoran. Sakura instinctively closed her eyes as soon as she judged too late for the boy to dodge the bird's attack, but upon hearing no thud or scream she looked back. Syaoran had jumped on the bird's back and now soared through the sky with it.

"Hoe! How did he do that?" Sakura shouted wide eyed.

"The brat is not half bad. The training he received must have been very tough" Kerberos said to himself.

Syaoran waited until the bird had stopped its frenetic movements of protest and grabbed a talisman out of his pocket. The talisman began to glow and took form of a sword. He then picked up a small, rectangular piece of paper with Chinese words in it and pressed the side of his sword against it. "Raitai, Shiyou-rai!" He shouted. Lightning bolts emerged from his sword, stunning the bird. The card started falling down diagonally, on Sakura's direction. "Now! Kinomoto-san!"

Sakura raised her staff forward in her trembling hands. "Please work." She asked no one in particular. "Return to the shape you are meant to be in. Clow Card!"

A Card shaped glow appeared at the staff's ruby beak. The bird's body evaporated completely and the green smoke left from it was sucked to the glow causing The Fly card to appear.

"Ahhhh!" Syaoran was now heading directly towards Sakura at full speed. Without even thinking, the boy returned his sword to its talisman form to avoid a serious accident. Before anything else could be said or done he hit her, causing them to fly all the way inside the house and hit the wooden floor hardly.

Kerberos picked up the card and flew back inside the house, laughing hysterically while closing the door behind him. "Hahaha! You should have seen your faces... and the way you fell. But at least..." He stopped, realizing he was getting no response at all. "They're unconscious." He quickly placed the card back in the book where The Windy already resided. "Are they ok?"

He was about to check on the couple when a click was heard from the door.

"I'm home."

The guardian was about to answer the call when he remembered Syaoran's words.

ºFur ball doesn't know, but in modern times magic is much less accepted as real than it was back then.º

Kerberos also recalled Sakura asking him to keep her magic a secret. Not moving a muscle was the best he could do at the moment. At least, whoever came in would think he was a doll or something. The rest was Sakura's and the brat's problem.

"I got home earlier cause soccer was..." Touya didn't bother to finish when saw the boy who was with Sakura on the floor. Syaoran was lying on top of Sakura. Sakura was unconscious and had a cut on her arm. ºAnd he's laying on top of her!º He thought. That would have been more than enough reason for him to rip his head off. "You brat! Whatareyoudoingwithmysister? Get off her this second or I'll kill you!"

Syaoran woke up. He was lying on something very soft and warm and a slow breathing gently caressed his face. But there was shouting disrupting his comfy rest. It had something to do with a brat, a sister and killing.

Realization hit him. ºShe said she had a brother!º Syaoran opened his eyes fully and saw Sakura's face an inch away from his. His soft pillow was in fact Sakura's chest, and the breathing that caressed him was also coming from her.

He jumped away with a bit of clumsiness only to meet a very mad Touya. "I-I... I'm sorry! You must be Kinomoto-san's brother, right? I swear there is a good, reasonable explanation for this." He said holding his hands in front of him defensively.

"Yes, there is! You were attacking my sister!" He made sure the boy would get the 'my' part.

Syaoran found himself cornered and assumed a fighting pose. "I don't want to do this, but if you won't believe me I have no other choice." At this moment Sakura woke up.

She slowly opened her eyes and recognized the room around her. "Niichan! What are you doing here so soon?" Sakura said, surprised. She noticed that Syaoran was in a fighting stance glaring at Touya, and her brother was assuming his pose too. She got up and tried to put herself between them. "Let me introduce you two. Li-san, this is Touya, my brother. Touya, this is Li Syaoran, the Chinese boy who came here for otou-san's book."

Touya seemed unaffected by her words. “Why were you on the floor with her then?" He said, not taking his eyes of Syaoran.

At hearing this, Sakura remembered that Syaoran had fallen on top of her and blushed imagining the awkward position Touya had probably found them in. She looked at Kerberos, who was still on the floor. Apparently Touya hadn't even taken notice of him. She was relieved to find her staff back on its fake form on the floor beside him too.

She turned back to face Touya, ready to make an excuse. "Niichan! That was an accident. You see, I accidentally lost some cards that were inside his book, and when I was helping him look for them he accidentally fell on top of me, knocking us both unconscious." She said. It was the truth in some way.

"And what about that cut?" Touya looked at Sakura's left arm.

Syaoran stepped in. "Paper cut. Those cards... They're really sharp." The boy didn't think he was going to buy it.

Touya stared at him for a while and sniffed, apparently not completely satisfied. "If I ever see you doing anything to my sister, I'll kill before you know it!" The doorbell rang taking Touya off his threatening face. "It must be Yuki. I'm coming!"

Touya answered the door. It was Yukito. Both Syaoran and Sakura blushed at the sigh of the boy.

ºThat boy from before! Why is he here?º Syaoran thought as he felt his heart race again. He looked at the floor to hide the red of his face. ºThen again, he did say he was friend of a Kinomoto.º

"Hey, Touya, good evening Sakura-chan. And you must be Li-kun. Touya told me about you. It's a pleasure to meet you again." At that, Sakura looked at them puzzled.

"You two already knew each other?" Sakura asked Yukito.

Yukito chuckled. "Not exactly. What happened is that I gave him directions to your house, Sakura-chan. What a coincidence, right?" Yukito grinned at Syaoran causing him to blush an even deeper shade red.

"Y-yeah... It's getting late. I must go home. Goodbye." Syaoran ran to the door.

"Wait!" Sakura held Syaoran's wrist. "How long are you staying in Japan?"

"I think I'll be here until I settle all of the matters involving that book. You can keep it for now." Sakura nodded and let go of his wrist. "Goodbye then." Sakura let out a smile again, but this time Syaoran ignored it. He ran faster than he knew he could, past Yukito and Touya, not intending looking back once, until he reached his apartment.

"Bye." Sakura and Yukito said in vain. Touya just kept staring at the door Syaoran had just gone through.

After a short silence Sakura turned her attention back to Yukito. "Are you staying for dinner Yukito-san?" She asked. Half of her wanted him to stay. The other half was crying for a bath and a bed to settle things down.

"Yup. Touya invited me." Sakura brightened up, forgetting completely about the other half.

"I'll just put my things back in my room and I'll be back in a minute." Sakura grabbed Kerberos, the book, the key and ran upstairs leaving a pissed off Touya and a cheerful Yukito.



Syaoran ran down the streets of Tomoeda. "What's wrong with me? Why do I feel so strange when I am near that Yukito boy? I need to lay down a bit."

He arrived at his apartment and opened the door. "Good evening Syaoran-sama. Have you got the book yet?" The old Wei asked.

"Wei, my mother was right. We'll be staying in Japan for a while." Syaoran entered the huge hall and headed for his room not feeling like giving any more explanations.

"I see. I guess we should finish unpacking then." He said to the closed door with a concerned look on his face. "Though I think you'd rather be left alone tonight."



"Kerberos-san..."

"What?"

"A few days ago, I had a dream. I though it was just a dream back then, but you and Li-san, and the Clow cards were all there, so I though it was really weird when I met you. And there was a woman too." Sakura described her whole dream to Kerberos while setting the book and her magical key on her desk.

"What you had was a prophetic dream, it tells you the future. Only a few people have the gift of having them. Clow for an instance. But that’s to be expected from someone who could break the seal. " He thought for a while. "That woman in your dream, you will probably meet her sooner or later."

Sakura opened the door to her room ready to leave. "Well. You can stay here if you want to. just try not to make much noise. I don't want anyone finding out about you. I'll be back soon." She left the room.



Meanwhile, downstairs, Yukito and Touya were setting the dinner table. "Touya, don't be mad at the boy. Sakura said it was an accident. Why would she lie?"

Touya rudely placed empty glasses in front of each seat, nearly breaking them. "I don't know, Yuki. But something tells me she's hiding something from me. She was acting strange." Touya looked up to where his sister had been.

"I'm sure she's fine. I didn't feel anything bad coming from that boy. He seems really nice." Yukito smiled.

Touya sighed. "You think everyone's nice."

Sakura entered the room. "Sorry, I was just putting some stuff in my room."

The rest of the night went pretty casually. After they said their goodbyes to Yukito, Sakura quickly ran back to the stairs. "Good night, oniichan. I'm really tired. Tell okaa-san I said good night when she gets home." She went upstairs to her bedroom.

Touya was left there looking at her with a concerned look. ºWhat are you hiding from me Sakura?º

Sakura entered her room and saw Kerberos meditating. "Are you looking for the cards?" He just nodded slightly. "Have you found any?" He shook his head and opened his eyes.

"Sakura. Do you have the cards you just caught?" He asked, looking at the closed book.

"Yes. They're inside the book, right?" Sakura picked up the book in her hands and took The Fly and The Windy cards from inside.

"Good. Now summon your staff and use it with The Fly card. Just say the card's name and press your staff against it." Sakura did as she was told. She took the key on her desk, but found herself confused for a moment.

"How do I change it back?" She asked, shaking her hand to see if it would produce any effect.

"Just repeat what I say."

"The key that hides the forces of darkness!" He started chanting the spell and Sakura repeated each sentence he said. "Show your true shape in front of me! I, Sakura, command you under the contract." The key was now floating slightly above her hand and spinning around itself at an amazing speed, as if trying to break free from an invisible bind. "Release!" The key changed its shape the same way it did before.

Kerberos seemed satisfied. "Good. Now hit the card while calling its name."

"Are you sure? Won't that bird come back to attack me again?"

"No, trust me. You'll like it." He said.

Sakura hesitatingly threw the card in the air and hit it with the tip of the staff. "Fly!" White angelical wings grew at both sides of the ruby beak. Her eyes stared at the beautiful feathers in awe. "This is..."

"It can fly now. Each card has a different power, The Fly allows you to soar through the sky. The Windy allows you to control the wind. Why don't you try flying around? Just hop aboard your staff and take a jump"

"Is it safe?" Kerberos nodded. "Okay then." Sakura threw one leg around the staff and jumped. She was amazed to see her feet were not touching the wooden floor. "This is amazing!" She jumped out of her window anxious to experiment with her new power. "I'm flying!"

"See? I told you." He flew after her. “Why don’t we fly around town a bit? It’s been a while since I’ve done that.”



Syaoran seated on his bed and looked through the glass door that led to his balcony. "I should warn mother about what happened." He went for the phone, but something else got his attention. There were two little moving dots in the sky.

"That's..." He closed his eyes to concentrate. "That's the same aura I felt from The Fly card." He now recognized the objects as Sakura and Kerberos. "I guess she's already learned how to use the cards." He watched the two until he saw her start to descend back at her house. "She's not a bad magician after all.”

He lied down on his bed again and stared at the roof, reflecting on that night’s events. “And when she smiled that time, I felt something really strange, as if I already knew her." He shook his head trying to get that silly thought out. ºWhat am I thinking?!º



Touya watched through his room's window as Sakura's silhouette got smaller and smaller.

"What the..." He rubbed his eyes hopping he was imagining things, but he wasn't. His sister was hiding more from him than he had thought in the first place. She'd gotten into something big, and it was all that brat's fault. "I'll just make sure I stay awake until she returns, it's ok if she doesn't want to tell me."

"Is it really?" Touya felt a chill run down his spine. There was someone in his room.

"Who's there?" He turned around and his eyes widened in shock. "You! How did you get here?"

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

A/N: So, was it good for you? Do you feel like throwing up just from remembering the crap you just read? Whatever are your thoughts, please take your time to review. Seriously... you would be putting a little more happiness into this world

Well... Thanks for reading. See you next chapter.