Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ I Dream of Escaping ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

VIII: I Dream of Escaping:

It's been getting boring lately. He decided that something needed to change. She was willing to go with him. He turned his head to her in bed.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” he asked. She gave him a curious look.

“Go where?” she asked. He shrugged.

“Just somewhere,” he said. “I don't know. I'm just bored.”

“Bored?” she asked.

“Yeah.” He kissed her on the forehead. She cuddled up to his chest. The idea did sound rather nice.

“When are we going to go?” she asked.

“Let's say now,” he said. She looked into his eyes.

“Right now?” she asked. He patted her on the head.

“Right now,” he said. She didn't argue. She just stayed cuddled up to him.

There wasn't much of a plan for this. There was no destination in mind. It just happened on a whim. He just had to act on this. Only he knew how they were going to leave. She didn't complain. In fact, she was just happy to be with him.

They would be leaving around the early morning hours. Everyone else was still asleep. He told her not to pack too much.

“We don't really need it,” he told her.

“What all are we taking them?” she asked.

“You let me deal with that,” he said. She nods once. They have to stay quiet for this to work. She asked where they were going to go. He still doesn't have an answer. Not a real one actually.

“Just let it happen,” he said. And she does. Sure, she still has questions. But she also trusts him. She's just going to let it all happen. The packing doesn't take too much time. He turns to her in the dark.

“Ready to go?” he whispered. She doesn't speak. Instead, she just nods. He takes her by the hand. They don't talk as they walk out of the room. She turns and kisses him on the cheek. They don't speak as they keep walking. Not a single soul wakes up to stop them. Still, they can't be too careful. Some of them are up for late hours. If any of them noticed them leaving, it's over. She holds her breath as she keeps walking. He is the one who looks around. It's all clear. She follows close behind.

They made it out to the hangar. How were they going to get out? He was the one who made it work. Pretty soon, they were flying away to space. Where were they going to go? He had some idea. She was going to see in the morning.