Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Cherry Blossom ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

X: Cherry Blossom:

She smiles to herself. Sometimes, she wonders if this was a dream. It didn't feel like it. She didn't mind what it was. Heaven couldn't compare to this.

The sun was going to rise in a few hours. She didn't feel like going to sleep. Something in her didn't let her. She didn't mind. She looked over at the deep red curtains. She couldn't wait to get a better look at the room.

How long have they been together? One year? Two years? It feels like it has been longer. She wants things like this to go on forever. Maybe… Just maybe…

She reached for his cheek. Her hand hovered over his face. Her heart jumped in her chest for a moment. She reaches down again. Her fingertips gazed along his cheek. She smiled to herself. She wanted to lean down and kiss him. That was going to be okay, right? No one was here to judge her. She leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.

“Sleep well,” she whispered. She leaned down next to her. She rested her head against his chest. Sleep wasn't going to come to her. That was okay. She lay next to him and took in the moment. The sun was going to be up in a couple of hours.

-----------

By morning, he woke up. He saw her smiling at him.

“Hey,” he said. “How long have you been up?”

“I didn't sleep,” she said. He pushed her hair from her eyes.

“Really now?” he asked. She shook her head. He didn't have to ask about what she did while he slept. He didn't really feel like doing anything at the matter. They had the house for a few days, weeks maybe. Right now, they were just going to enjoy the moment. He kissed her on the forehead.

“I love you,” she said.

“Heh,” he said. She leaned up and kissed him on the lips. He kissed her back. They were going to stay in bed until they felt the need to get up. She was going to have to look around the room later. For now, she cuddled up against his chest. She smiled and closed her eyes. But she still wouldn't go to sleep yet. No, that would come later. This moment was all that mattered to her.