Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Walking into Town ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XXXI: Walking into Town:

He took her by the hand in the morning.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“Uh-huh,” she said. Okay. Away they went. There wasn't going to be much done today. They were just going to walk around town and come back. He didn't really have a destination in mind. He just wanted to get out of the house.

“So where are we going?” she asked.

“Just around,” he said. She doesn't argue. It doesn't really take too long to make it into town. The couple just walked there. She doesn't mind. She hangs onto his arm. He doesn't shove her off. Let her be. Look how happy she is.

It looks like it is going to rain today. Somehow, he was used to it. When wasn't he ever? They won't be staying too long anyway. They at just going for a walk around the place. He looked down to see her smiling beside him. She cuddled up to his side. He gently patted her on the head.

Within minutes, they make it into town. It looked nice. Something that you would see out of historical drama. It looked kind of cute on a good day. She happily gasped.

“Do you like it?” he asked.

“I love it!” she shouted. She pumped her fist in the air. He winced at her loud voice in his ear.

“Shhh,” he whispered. She looked at him caught off-guard.

“Easy,” he said. “Easy there.” She didn't speak as she lowered her head a bit.

“Heh,” he said as he patted her on the head. How does she get away with being so cute?

There aren't many people out here today. Probably because it's early in the morning. Most of the people aren't awake yet. Some of the shops aren't even open yet. He didn't care. It wasn't like they were going shopping anyway. They were just walking around.

“I love it here,” she said. She cuddled up to him. A little smile came across her face. He had his cigarette hanging out of his mouth. They didn't bring any umbrellas. They weren't going to be staying out too long anyway. She looked up at him.

“So where are we going?” she asked again.

“We're just going for a walk,” he said.

“And then?” she asked. He shrugged as they kept walking.

“Go back to the house, I guess,” he said.

“Oh,” she said. She goes back to enjoying the view around them. He took a drag of his cigarette and blew out the smoke. The clouds grew darker overhead. It will be raining soon. They might have to wrap this up sooner than he “planned.” Oh well, they were going to have to come to that when they got there.

“Ooo! What is that over there?” she asked, pointing up ahead of them.