Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Sheltering from the Rain ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XXXII: Sheltering from the Rain:

It wasn't much of a store. They had just opened for the day in fact. He didn't really think much about it. She looked up at him.

“Can we go inside?” she asked. He looked up at the sky. A drop landed under his eye.

“Sure,” he said. “Let's go in now.”

“Yay!” she cheered. She pumped her fist in the air. He winced at the volume of her voice. Did she have to be so loud? No matter. They had to get inside before the downpour came. He just felt another drop on his cheek.

They crossed the street and made it into the store. He pushed open the door.

“After you,” he said. She bowed her head and walked inside. He followed inside and closed the door behind them.

Tobacco and coffee greeted their noses. She closed her eyes and took a sniff.

“It smiles like you,” she said. “Mmm.”

“Really?” he asked. She turned around to him, trying not to giggle.

“Uh-huh,” she said. He took a look around the store they were in. It looked like some sort of a vintage clothing store. It looked something out of the 1950s on Earth. She walked over to a dress on a mannequin.

“Wow,” she said.

“Don't touch anything,” he said. She turned her head.

“Remember, we're not buying anything,” he said. “We're just here until it stops raining.” She stares at him for a moment.

“I mean it,” he said, slightly stern. She dropped her shoulders but perked up.

“Okay,” she said. He smiled and patted her on the head.

It didn't look like anyone else was there. Somehow, he didn't mind. It wasn't like they were staying looking. She was busy looking around like an amazed little child. He chuckled to himself. She looked so cute. Would it be so bad as to…

He looked around for a bit. It didn't look like anyone else was there with them. But still…

“Hey,” he said. She looked up.

“Hm?” she asked.

“Come here,” he said. They weren't teenagers. They shouldn't be doing this. Someone could walk in on them. He doubted it but it didn't seem worth it to push their luck. She walked up to him. Before she could speak, he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back. It was a little kiss. She slowly pulled away. Her cheeks were so pink.

“Wow,” she whispered. This wasn't the first time they did this. But she acted innocent when they kissed sometimes. He pulled her into his arms. He looked around for a bit. There was nobody here still. He didn't know how long that was going to last.

“Come into the back with me,” he whispered. She gave him a blank stare with bright red cheeks. He dragged her along with him before she could open her mouth. There was still no one in the store yet. They were going to have to make this really quick.