Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ One Last Cigarette ❯ Pardon Me While I Break Down ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey, I dunno how this chapter will go. Hopeful well.

Disclaimer: Not my lyrics it's Incubus's again with "Pardon Me". Also, because the story takes place on mars I changed ONE word. Can ya guess which one? Anyways, nothing big don't get 'jer panties all in a bunch.

I was listening to my CDs and this song just seemed to make me think of this chapter.

One Last Cigarette

By: Setryochi

"Pardon Me While I Break Down"

Not two days ago
I was having a look
In a book and I saw a picture of a guy fried up above his knees
I said, "I can relate,"
Cause' lately I've been thinking of combustication as a welcomed vacation from
The burdens of the planet mars
Like gravity, hypocrisy, and the perils of being in 3-D
And thinking so much differently

So pardon me while I burst into flames
I've had enough of the world
And it's people's mindless games
So pardon me while I burn
And rise above the flame
Pardon me, pardon me
I'll never be the same

* * *

Faye pulled on her brown leather jacket wincing as the rough fabric scrapped her tender skin. She pulled it closed zipping it up, jerking the zipper a few times as it got caught in the matted white trim. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves and left the room flipping the light switch down blanketing the room in darkness.

She walked down the dimly lit corridor and down a pair of creaking stairs till she was in the lobby.

"Faye-baby! Come in ta my office!" yelled Quincy from an open door on the right.

Faye cringed, all she wanted was to leave. What could he possibly want?

Not wanting to waste time she made her way to his office. She stopped at the open door and admired all the magazine clippings of naked woman littering the walls. Disgusted she crept into the center of the room when he asked her to come in and shut the door.

Quincy stood and began to speak, "Faye-baby, I've been meaning to talk to ya." He smiled at her, his gold teeth gleamed in the overhead light.

Faye crossed her arms over her chest, she didn't like that smile. "About what?"

He made his way around the desk to stand before her, "I wanted ta ask ya somethin'…" His eyes took on a glazed look, as if remembering her earlier displays on the TV monitors.

"Well?" She wasn't here to play guessing games! And the way he watched her made her nervous. Knowing he had been watching her "work" made her nauseous.

"I want ya ta be with me Faye-baby. I could make you a wealthy woman, you'd like that wouldn't ya?" he was grinning as if mentioning "money" was the winning bait to catch any fish.

Faye stared at him a moment, she frowned slightly starting to feel dizzy, "What do you mean, stay with you?"

"I mean I want ya ta be MY woman. You don't gotta do no more work if ya say 'yes.'" He smiled more grasping her shoulders.

His cologne choked her as she pulled away, "I've really gotta think that over," she backed away watching his every move. It seemed like every man in Sleaze Town wanted her! That was nothing to be proud of. She backed up reaching for the door handle behind her.

"What's wrong Faye-baby? I thought you'd be thrilled, ya been want'n ta get outta da business. I thought if we shacked up you'd have all the money ya wanted, and not have at work no more." He looked slightly hurt, but still hopeful.

"I told you I'll think about it. I have to go." She twisted the knob and fell back as the door swung open. Shakily she turned slamming the door shut. She bolted on legs of Jell-O as quickly as they'd carry her. Getting out of the building was shocking, the cold night air cooled her hot body to a painfully numbing temperature. She slowed her pace when she was only a few paces form the building. Quickly enough though she slipped in between the first and second building to the left. Spike, he could wait.

Faye crouched down behind some boxes hugging herself.

Working woman.

The customer is always right.

"Shut up…" Green eyes bore holes into the ground.

But I'm here today, and I'll always be cheering for you right here...

"Stop it," her voice quivered.

Cheering for you, my only self.

"I said stop it!" She clutched her arms tighter.

You're the lowest thing imaginable in life.

"Quiet!" she choked out clenching her eyes tightly shut.

You'll be a wealthy woman.

Today, you are who you are today

"No!" She threw her head back hitting the brick wall, though she never felt the impact.

…You are a newer version of me.

The voices wouldn't stop! Why wouldn't they stop? And WHY did the little girl's voice hurt the most?! She threw her head back again. "Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop," she chanted swallowing around the lump in her throat as she cried. Her hands were tightly clamped over her ears.

Next time I'd like to see how that pretty, little mouth of yours is.

The chuckling mocked her forcing her to cry louder.

It's almost over.

Go, go, ME! Do your best, do your best, ME! Don't lose, don't lose, ME!

She tossed her head side to side sobbing, "no, no, no!" she screamed. She was shaking violently, her whole body was freezing, though now she realized warmth was oozing down her neck.

That's so far away that I can't even begin to imagine.

"Faye!"

Am I alone?

"Faye!" A frantic voice could be heard faintly.

…Or is there a wonderful person next to me?

"Faye?! C'mon quit it!" Spike was knelt before her trying to calm her down. She threw her arms up vehemently. He grabbed them to try and stop her.

"Stop it, stop it, STOP IT, STOP IT!" she repeated over and over each time growing in volume. She began to bash the back of her head against the wall again.

Quickly Spike's hands left Faye's arms and cupped the back of her head just as she was about to hit the wall again. He pulled her forward into him in an attempt to stop her.

I am no longer here.

She slouched against his chest still struggling violently. "Let me go!" She screamed. Something was keeping her here! Something was making her listen! "No! Shut up! Sto-SHUT UP!" She sobbed loudly. She couldn't stay here and listen to them! She pulled strength she didn't know she had from out of nowhere and pushed away from her entrapment. She scrambled to her feet and took off as quickly as possible. She had to leave, to go somewhere! She didn't know where she was going, she just knew she had to get away.

Did you ever go back to the Bebop?

Spike quickly caught up with her. With a big leap he slammed into her and they both fell to the ground. He wrapped his arms around her.

Faye's eyes widened with no clarity in the scenery. She felt something warm around her. She was falling, was she dying? She hit the ground and her eyes drifted closed, darkness engulfed her.

…Well, knowing me, I'm sure I am troubling a lot of different people. But that's all right. There's no problem. I will always be cheering you on.

* * *

So, still wanna know what Spike has to say? *grins evilly*

Oy! Sorry for the wait! ^^ I guess I'm satisfied with this chapter now so I can send it off and post it! Welp, hope you liked it. Next chapter's gunna be out soon! Please Review, makes me happy :D.

Set-chan