Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Of Gods and Men ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To be honestly truthful, there are a lot of characters I dislike in Harry Potter. Oh well.
Disclaimer: Ohba and Obata own Death Note. J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me. Don't steal or sue! *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 6
 
The plump, matronly-looking red haired woman fussed over them, poured a thick potato soup and served fresh bread, but Light and Mikami were too wound up to eat much of it. Somewhere along the line, a man with long, shaggy black hair - Sirius Black - came downstairs.
“These the ones from Japan, Molly?”
“Yes.” The woman smiled. “It's a pity. But then again, Death Eaters!” She shook her head. “Are you sure you don't want some more soup, dear?”
Mikami goggled at her for a second, before shaking his head.
Light had to restrain a chuckle. The wild-haired man plopped down in a chair next to Mikami, who surreptitiously tried to scoot closer to his God.
“So, heard you might have killed Pettigrew. Good on you mate!” He said, slapping the prosecutor on the back. Mikami nearly dropped the bread he was holding, and shot Light a helpless look.
“Ah, forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sirius Black.”
“Mikami Teru.” The prosecutor said. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”
“Hey, ease up!” Sirius laughed. “I know what it's like to be stuck in this house, but Dumbledore, well, he should have this affair with Voldemort wrapped up soon enough.”
Mrs. Weasley looked scandalized at the use of the Dark Lord's name so freely, but as they were all adults and the two of them seemed to be Muggles…
Perhaps it was different.
 
“So, who's your friend?”
“Yagami Light.” Light introduced himself. Sirius smiled, pumped his hand vigorously, and asked no more. He helped himself to the food with a good appetite, and after a few minutes, Mrs. Weasley helpfully pointed them upstairs to a bedroom.
It was dark and rather dismal, but it could not be helped.
The two of them changed out of their suits and hung them up. Light wondered what they would do for clothing, but upon investigating the small bathroom, they found that it had presumably magically supplied them with toiletries.
At least that was taken care of.
Both were tired, but even so, spent an uneasy night, and the next morning, were promised a chance to purchase some necessary supplies with a guard - the shabbily-robed man from the night before, Remus Lupin, was more than happy to escort them.
 
“Now then,” Lupin was saying briskly, as he led them to a small pub in London, “Mikami, you'll need a wand. And probably some textbooks… considering that Voldemort is hunting you, you should be able to defend yourself, but you're much too old to send to school… and in any case, it would not be very safe there.”
“Those… sticks?”
“Yes.” He smiled, as they walked into an alleyway. Counting bricks, he tapped the third three times and suddenly, a golden archway opened up above them.
Light's eyes narrowed slightly, but that was the only indication of surprise he gave. The man helpfully pointed out shops here and there, as they strolled between different shops, including corner stalls selling a variety of foods.
“Well, here we are.” Lupin said, stopping in front of a small, shabby shop that nonetheless gave up an imposing magical aura. “Ollivander's wands. Best place to get them.”
He ushered both of them in, as Ollivander swept out with a smile.
“Ahh, Remus Lupin. I remember you. Pine, nine and three-fourths inches, particularly proficient in Runes, wasn't it?”
Lupin smiled, and gave a nod.
“And these two gentlemen are in need of wands?”
“Well, I'm not quite sure.”
Ollivander fixed both Kiras with a searching glance, before sweeping over toe the shelf. “Very well, gentleman. Which one of you would like to go first?”
Mikami cast Light a glance. Light motioned for him to go on.
 
“And which is your wand hand?”
“I'm right-handed.” The prosecutor said stiffly.
The man gave him a searching look, but said nothing, as he pulled down a box.
“Very well then, try this. Eight and a quarter inches, Boxwood and unicorn hair.”
Mikami waved the stick. Nothing happened.
“No? Twelve and a half inches, apple and phoenix feather, sturdy.”
He gave it another wave, before it was snatched away.
“Fifteen inches, birch, dragon heartstring, strong core.”
Mikami was starting to get irritated. Were these sticks really so important?
Ollivander frowned, proffering another wand. This continued for several moments, Light watching in fascination, Lupin waiting patiently, and Mikami becoming quite irritated at the delay.
“Perhaps this will do then. Ivy wood and unicorn hair, twelve inches.”
Mikami sighed and brought the wand down in a sweeping motion, only to start in surprise as a shower of violet sparks glittered from the tip.
“Oh! Very well done, very well! This is the wand for you, sir!”
Mikami clutched the wand tightly, as Ollivander turned to Light, trying to hide the sudden shaking in his legs. That rush of euphoria…
It was as good as writing in the Death Note, almost as good as sex with Kira… nothing was better than being loved by his God, but this power…
He was beginning to understand…
 
Moments later, the entire room light up with a red-gold glow, as Light flourished his wand proudly. For a moment, his lifespan winked into existence over his head, and Mikami realized with pride what the symbol was.
Infinity.
Light gasped. The power that one little stick could provide… if used properly, it might even outweigh that of his Death Note!
“Very good, sir. Ebony and phoenix feather, eleven and a half inches.” Ollivander wrapped the wand, as Remus paid. Dumbledore had given him some money for supplies, and as the Death Eaters were still watching them, it would be unsafe to use their bank accounts…
A trip to Flourish and Blotts, and several heavy loads of books later, they returned to Grimmaud Place.
Tonks met them at the door, and said that Misa was still in a coma, and might never wake. Light nodded, and accepted her sympathy.
It mattered little. Misa was no longer useful as a pawn in any case…
He would learn quickly, as quickly as he was able. Though if he could get Lord Voldemort's face, Mikami could take care of that threat easily…
 
End Chapter
Started 7/13/07
Completed 7/21/07
I apologize if any of the characters seem OOC…
According to the language of flowers, Ivy is for an anxiousness to please and fidelity. So Ivy fits Mikami. And I used Ebony and phoenix feather for Light, because phoenixes can bring change, and rebirth, and yeah. Unicorn hair is for Mikami because in his own twisted way, Mikami is pure.
Poor Light doesn't know about Horcruxes yet *cough*