D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden tears ❯ The second mail ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7- the second mail
 
She opened her computer…. A flying-like sign was moving up and down on her desktop-Check ur mail!!! Check ur mail!!!!
#To:silver_nessa@yahoo.com
From:orfintinehtele@yahoo.com
Subject: [none]
Nessa, now I am the one who doesn't know how to start.. I thought I would have so much to ask you and so much to tell you, but now, in front of the computer, I am completely blank… Still, have you found out where you are? I don't want to endanger you by asking you this, but… I'd feel better if I knew where you are…
And about the renouncement at your search… you know I couldn't ask mom and dad that… not for them, not for myself… you are my sister.. I can't let you in those monsters' hands…
Don't do anything risky.. wait for us to find you… don't do anything that could be a reason for them to hurt you…Orfin.#
 
#To:orfintinehtele@yahoo.com
From:silver_nessa@yahoo.com
Subject: [none]
 
Orfin… I'm sorry, but you have to stop the search… It really is useless… and I told you.. I am coming home as soon as I can… I was supposed to be home three days ago… but my plans were ruined, at least for then.. You see, I found an excellent opportunity a few days after sending you the mail. Sesshomaru organized a ball. It was actually a pretext to introduce me to some important Elcardians… Well, I used it as a pretext to run away.. I claimed to feel awful and not to be able to participate at it. I was ready to leave when Sesshomaru came to check on me, I suppose, and that was where all my plans collapsed.. I don't know why, but I suddenly forgot everything about my desire to leave that place.. But I can assure you it was not by my own will that forgot… Now that I think of it, it seems as if my mind has been altered. I do not know how to explain it, but this is the feeling I was given… That night I participated at the ball, as I said before and met some really strange figures in this clan… I had to seriously fight to maintain my position in before them; they are like vultures, stalking the prey from above, following its every move and then attacking it when it is the most vulnerable… I had to transform from a helpless rodent to a feline to overcome their diabolic minds.. Now don't think that there were duels or anything like that.. They are attacking in diplomatic ways most of the time and usually aim your pride, your statute.. abstract things… although I can't call a hand-shake their first attack-the eldest's to be more exact…
I must also tell you that that day, I had been really dizzy… Strange forgotten memories came back, sudden amnesia or odd dizzy moods… S-sama had to carry me back to my room after a few hours because of this… and then something strange happened… Do you remember that two years ago, I think, I gave you to read a few books about yoga adepts that experienced strange events when their spirits were separated from their bodies, when they could do odd things… when their appearance changed making them look just like our commercial vision about angels… all this outside or totally inside their bodies and minds… Well this is what I think that happened to me… just that I don't practice yoga or other Asian ancient stuff…. Maybe it was just a dream but it seemed very real.. I recall quite well feeling warmth, pain… then again, dreams can also be very realistic too, can't they? Still, S-sama seemed to have knowledge of what happened to me…
 
When I finally woke up, I had a serious fight with him… and I found out we were going to move… We are in Tokyo, Japan-yes, for real-right now… After I heard that, I went practically insane.. Kiva had to calm me down… and we were off.. On our way to the airport, I was witty enough to look at the pant cards with the cities' names… I couldn't recognize not even one… and they weren't even that big, important to be on a high school map from my country… *rolling eyes*…. What I could observe was that they were all Slavic names … four or more consonants one after another with no vowels between them… so I guess I was in one of the north-eastern countries… maybe.. I am not sure.. they are not the only Slavic countries…
 
The flight was horrible!! Not because of the plane- We were at class I, or because I had flight-sickness-because I don't, I'm not physically weak when it comes to sea, height or flights… It was because of Sesshomaru who was making allusions to my odd experience from the other night every time no one was paying attention… and he was rude as well.. wtf, since when is that his problem.. Maybe it was an aggravated PMS… Most annoying was the fact that he actually seemed to enjoy annoying me with those masked questions.. Well actually it was hard to really see the satisfaction on his face.. I swear sometimes he seems like a perfect wax statue of himself-no expression, no movement, no feeling, no nothing! His face seems in those moments like a mask; sometimes I wonder if it really isn't a mask behind which he hides his true self from us, self which I think I got a glimpse of a few times… but those were fleeting moments I the winds of time….
 
So, two days ago, I arrived in Tokyo… It's so strange to be here… I've always wanted to visit Japan, see Tokyo, learn Japanese with this occasion… but I never thought I would arrive here in this condition… Although they seem friendly, I have my hidden thoughts about the Elcardians.. You see, Abel, my oldest guardian-at least judging by his appearance- told me I am to start studying soon, now that all my so-called teachers are around me.. Funny thing about my teachers, I'll tell you later… But, what I question myself is what I am going to learn.. You see, I caught a glimpse of their discussions on me, after the ball, when I went to “talk” to S-sama. They said something like: she has the power to do it. If we teach her right and gain her trust, we will finally obtain it. I think that was S-sama or Talla saying it, but I'm not sure. One of them doubted it, but the one who talked before assured him of it.. I didn't pay too much attention to it back then, I don't even think I heard it right, I was too angry and too concentrated on everything I was going to blame Sesshomaru for. But later, even on the plane , it popped up in my mind. I thought about it a lot, mostly because I began to wonder whether I really heard it or only dreamed about hearing it but also because I can't manage to realize what they were talking about.. On one hand, hearing this would cut out completely the prostitution which would be a real relief, at least for now.. but on the other hand, I got another thing about the Elcardians which concerns me, About which I know nothing about and which gives me a strong feeling of anxiety… I feel something bad awaits in the future… most of the time I don't have this feeling, but each time I try to relax, I go to sleep without anything else on my mind or I practice with S-sama, it comes back, as if it was sleeping inside of me and it has just awakened only to go to sleep again.. each time I feel it, it grows stronger…
Here am I talking non-sense again.. I guess I can't help inserting a little drama even in letters to you, when all I should write about is Tokyo and Japan since there is so much that has happened since I arrived here.
I told you I would tell a something kinda' funny about my new teachers. Well, so far my teachers are S-sama ( I should stop calling him like this, since he ain't a “sama” to me, but sound better than that damn long name he chose for his anime character just like T-sama is a lot easier than his real name…), Abel, Granny and Armand. Abel and Granny are fine; they really look like teachers when they start teaching me. They have the right age and I knew all along they were going to be my teachers so I kinda' got used to the idea. Not to mention that they could surpass most of my teachers in method and behavior. Sesshomaru is like a personal trainer so far. Every day he actually forces me to make my daily exercise- three times per week I even have to run through the center of Tokio, the equivalent of two neighborhoods in our town plus two parks, even from the first day- then we start practice. It's more than exhausting. He teaches me some sort of martial arts and combat techniques. You'd be amazed to see what I can do after only two days, but it really hurts even only to think about what awaits me until this week is over. He already told me what we are about to do and what I must do-the running and stuff. He says that we will start practicing with weapons too, “soon enough”.
Just think about it. Practice with Sesshomaru, lessons with Granny and Abel ( absolutely all the school subjects I had back home , only at an advanced level, plus others like more sciences and studies over a large variety of stuff.. they replaced religion with history of religions and Abel made damn large eyes when I told him I would only study from the books of Mircea Eliade and said books aren't the only things we are going to study from since we have real artifacts). Fortunately they don't give me any homework. I wouldn't have the time for it anyway..
And now comes the good part.. My last teacher so far is Armand. He's a close friend of Sesshomaru's, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact relationship between them just yet. He isn't as close as Talla but Sesshomaru seems to comfy in him a lot. He teaches me something that looks like yoga so far and talks to me a lot while making me contort myself in impossible ways.. Unlike with the others, practice with him started only yesterday. My back still hurts but I can't figure out whether it's from him or from Sesshomaru.. During the “contorting” session, he tells me how to breathe, what to think about, what to visualize.. a few times I swear I almost fell asleep, or at least I dreamed.. his voice resonating in my ear.. now, the peculiar thing is that I can't remember anything of what he said except the breathing and thinking techniques, although he talked a lot.. it was almost like his voice gave me those … dreams, I guess. Strange visions like memories, some almost painful, of which I remember nothing. I am sure his words gave me those visions with that sweet young voice. His voice is just like his appearance, of a 17-year-old's who has seen to much and learned to much from seduction. Each time I look at him I see a young guy about my age, but each times he opens his mouth or looks at me I get a glimpse of his true age. He even told me once not to get tricked by his appearance because he is much older than he looks like. But his true age I am far from knowing. He acts so protective yet so arrogant and full of childish curiosity. He seems so mature when I see him talking with Sesshomaru or the Elder or when he looks at me in a scolding way when my pose isn't correct but his eyes sparkle so much when he sees a flower as if it's the first time he sees one. He reminds me so much of all those immortal beings I read so much in the novels, those seductive beings enjoying every day as if it was the last one yet lived forever.. I'm sure you remember Anne Rice's novels about vampires or immortal Egyptians.. come to think about it, she really had a character named Armand with the looks of a teenager.. how funny…
Imagine me being scolded by a guy looking not older than me. Still, this is how my life looks for now, everything situated in a luxurious apartment in one of Tokyo's central buildings. I have my own apartment. Actually, it's one of Talla's apartments. The castle was Sesshomaru's. It seems to me that every member of the high society in the clan has vast and important domains in which gathers a group of them in order to accomplish something. I guess the castle was important for my introduction and accommodation with the clan and Tokyo is for studying and preparing for whatever they're planning. For me it's just fine since now I know exactly where I am. It will take some time to get familiar with the surroundings but after I do that, escaping will be a lot easier. Unfortunately, so far I only know this building. As soon as we arrived, we got in cars and were brought here. I am at the top floor. Across from me is Dark and beneath are Talla and Sesshomaru. Then Armand, InuYasha and Miroku( I won't give you their real names either) and so on… I was told my apartment is going to be the “meeting-point” too, since it was originally created as a conference apartment, but they had nowhere else to accommodate me. Ya, right.. like I couldn't see that they actually want to keep an eye on me 24/7 without it being obvious, and even when there is nobody with me, the height of the building is supposed to keep me from escaping unnoticed. My options would be going down the normal way but then I'd surely be seen by somebody or, jumping which would be suicide ( at least for now because with all the skills the practice with S. gives me I'll be able to do it in No-time…) but Rin and Uno are almost all the time around me. Like usual. So eyes are always around me… I told them I'm going to sleep and locked myself inside my bedroom to be able to write to you. No one knows I managed to connect myself to the Internet and I want to keep it like this. They mustn't know of my letters for you.
It's quite hard to keep these two away from me even for one second. I wonder how it was before I was brought here. Rin must've annoyed S. and Uno.. well, about Uno I know so little, although he is one of the closest to me around here. You see, I try to keep them as far as possible from me, from my inner self. I can't forget that they are my kidnapers after all, although they don't treat me like you hear at the Tv kidnapers treat their victims. But they do interest me because there are so many questions they arise in me about everything surrounding them-like a net that I feel that slowly surrounds me as well. From time to time it's either Kieva, either S., either Armand, either Talla that comes closer.. Kieva and Armand I keep far myself, Talla and S. retract them themselves as if being close to me makes me close to them. The others are somewhere at the borderline-know about me only what I show them and vice-versa. The furthest is Dark. After seeing dnangel, one would expect different. But he is like a dark figure to me. I don't recall ever having spoken to him or him spoken to me. If it weren't for the anime, I would know nothing about him, although I begin to wonder more and more what is true there and what not…
And there are some new-comers in my world. The correspondents of the Naruto characters. I met Naruto and Sakura so far. Sango first referred to Naruto as Fox-dude, but except the thing that in the anime he has a fox sealed inside him… it doesn't seem to me as if he's the fox type.. He doesn't seem at all as a mischievous, sneaky guy as those usually compared to a fox.. he doesn't look like one either… he's just like in the anime.. blond-haired, blue-eyes, with a big smile on his face but older. He's not 11 or 12 as in the anime(at least in the first series), he's like 18 or something. As for personality, he really is like in the anime, as far as I realized . Funny and cheerful can characterize him anytime, very energetic and can make anyone feel good..
Sakura is one of the nicest persons ever, at least at first thought since I can't really realize how she really is… Sometimes small talk can help you figure out the way a person is, sometimes you find out nothing except that they can be charming when they talk about the weather-like Sakura.
The two of them presented themselves as the “Elcardian ninjas”… I couldn't help smiling. Talla and Armand were near me then. They introduced us-well actually, Naruto kinda introduced himself before I even noticed he was in the room. Armand said I would understand later and added something like `smiling about something so serious isn't quite “an option”'#
Nessa stopped. She remembered the look in Armand's eyes when he said that. It still troubled her. There was a weird shine in his ocean-blue iris. “You shouldn't smile for something so serious. Smiling isn't quite an option.” “Armand, I was just smiling because ..” “Because nothing. You'll owe them your life” “My life is mine and mine only. No saviors, no nothing” and she pocked her tongue out at him in a quite offensive way. Armand looked at her shocked. She only noticed him. She was curious about Talla's reaction. Lately she was “interested” in him a lot. But, before she could look at him, `Naruto'. started laughing so hard and in such a contagious way it made everybody laugh. Rose Vy just giggled and said “You've only spent ten minutes with N.-kun and you already start to resemble him..” N. stepped near her and put his hand on her shoulder “I really like you a lot.” He said with a childish voice. Which made her laugh even harder. “After you'll get to know her better, you'll like her even more”. She stopped laughing and looked behind from where Talla's voice came. He was looking at her in a caring, loving way, a way she still couldn't explain.
back to the mail” she thought.
#Naruto made us all laugh eventually, then offered to take us all out clubbing. I was thrilled. It was my one chance to get out of the hotel or whatever this building actually is, not to mention that I would have actually had the chance to escape.
And then the unbelievable happened. The proposal was denied by my guardians..#
“oh, c'mon, Talla-kun. As a welcome party, only in a club.”
“I said NO” Talla's eyes were sparkling with anger. N. was fixing him to, almost like accepting a challenge. The rude and fierce denial wasn't easily accepted by the ninja.
Nessa remembered as chills had spread down her spine as she watched this starring duel grow. But most of all, she was now frightened. Talla scared her. First of all, she would have expected Armand to be so mean and not let her out, or at least for him to give the reply. But never Talla. Not only did he interdict her on his own to get out of the building but he also acted so violent. And his eyes were now really cold and frightening… Nessa had never seen them that way, nor had she ever expected to.
She didn't know how to react, but words came out her mouth without her thinking.
“But.. I want to go”
The way Talla suddenly looked at her then almost made tears appear in her eyes. Colder, rougher-a tyrant's look.
“Devrion-dono” Rose Vy's voice sounded so far away “ we are ninjas. we are supposed to protect the nigh…. Nessa-hime. Taking her out implies no danger for her, not yet. “
Only did Nessa remember the correction in Rose Vy's words. It was about her. She was that “Nigh….”
But why? Why id she correct herself? What was she going to say? Since she's a ninja they should be trained not to make errors like this…” Nessa lay on her back, her loose hair spreading all over the pillow. “This means she didn't know she wasn't supposed to use that name in my presence. Than how did she realize?” No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't remember any change in anyone's behavior around her at that certain moment… She could see everyone.. everyone except Armand how had been behind her all that time. It must've been him. He did something to make Rose Vy stop. And than he spoke himself.
“Rose Vy-san, Nessa is still not accustomed to Japan. She needs more time. Then we will be glad to allow you to take her even clubbing, since I'm sure you two know the best around here.
“Armand-sama… Wakarimasta”
“Nani?!?! We are not leaving it just like that. It's not a good enough answer to me. I want the truth! And I want to take Nessa-chan out ….” N.'s face was almost crying.
“Nessa-hime for you, boy” Talla was still merciless.
“N-kun, we'll take her out next time” Rose Vy said grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the room.
“buh'bye, Nessa-chan.!!! “ came from beneath his puppy eyes.
She smiled and waved back.
“Moron!” Talla growled. His voice was so familiar, it didn't sound like him.
“take that back. It was so mean of you, Orf…” This time Nessa stopped as she once again realized she was not near her beloved brother anymore. “orfin” came the whisper. “Sorry” and she went and locked herself in the bedroom. She could hear Armand scolding Talla outside the door. “you should've controlled yourself” “well YOU didn't act. She would've gone out that way” “ Shh, calm down….”…”no…” “you heard….”….a…you…
Nessa wasn't hearing them anymore. “orfin, when will I see you again? I miss you. If that night you hadn't stopped, we wouldn't have still been brothers but we would have been together. I wouldn't be here….”
Tears came down her face as she remembered that night, the only night that ever mattered to her. “So long ago…..”
Tears still kept coming even after falling asleep.
 
# It just wasn't meant to be for me to go out that night.
Two nights passed since that event. I haven't seen Naruto and sakura only by far, when I went to see Granny or to take dinner in the common dining room. We sometimes take dinner there….
 
This is kinda' what happened since my last mail. Hope next time I'll tell you more face to face.
Love,
Nessa.#
 
She lazily pressed the `send' button, then lay back on the bed again.
“ Orfin there's so much I haven't told you. My fears, my dreams.. my tears.. all locked inside me… It hurts…”
 
**
“Nessa-chan!!!!!!” Rin was yelling in Nessa's living room. Uno starred blankly at the door giving to the bedroom. “She hasn't come out of there for 1 hour or more” “you think she's still sleeping?”
“Oy!” Rin turned and smiled as she saw Talla enter the room. Uno didn't stir. “Nessa.. where is she/” “she went for a nap, but that was more than an hour ago” Uno replied.
“she's sleeping again?” Talla spoke more to himself.
“You know…” Rin made him a sign to come closer for a whisper. “ I kept hearing these tapping sounds from inside. Tap-tap-tap, like buttons” “good girl” Talla petted her, remembering Rin's abnormal hearing sense.
Every time I want to see her or talk to her, she's either with someone or sleeping. Is she avoiding me?”
After the quarrel with the young ninja, he wanted to talk to her. After Armand left, telling him they'll talk more later, he went towards her bedroom, but he didn't enter as he heard her sobs.
He went to see Armand. He was with Abel and Ty.
“what exactly happened?” “Not too many incidents.. That young, still inexperienced ninja wanted to take her out of the residence… and the girl almost slipped the name” “Almost?” “I told her not to” “didn't Nessa hear you?” “Of all people, Tyvol, you should know the way I talk when necessary.” “Oh, yes, of course. Anything else?” “ She.. she addressed to me as, well.. as Orfin..” Abel was alarmed. “ I thought she was over her family by now. How did this happen? Armand, didn't your sessions with her take care of that?” “I'm putting her memories aside. I don't lock them or erase them. I simply make her not think about them. Furthermore, I have to awaken her instincts and powers too. Not to mention that her mind is a very peculiar place”…. “Be more careful from now on. It is getting more and more dangerous. You, as her guardians, must protect and guide her. “ “and also remember that we don't want another incident like Dark's or Lady Vanir's. SHE might be interested in our new princess.” “understood.” “And if you see dark, tell him both I and Armand what to talk to him as soon as possible. He is a guardian after all too” “OK”
 
He got out of Tyvol's office together with Abel, but left him as he wanted to see Nessa.
Her balcony's door was open. He slowly stepped in. “ Nessa?” His whispered remained unanswered. “Nessa?” He saw her laying on the bed, her sad face half sunken in the pillow. His fingers lingered on her cheek and felt the warmth of her tears. “Why are you crying, kisa?” She turned in her sleep and was now completely facing him. “ Kisa…” she was beautiful when she was sad. He leaned over her and his lips touched hers. “I am sorry, kisa. I never ment to make you so sad. The castle was so much better for you, wasn't it? I hoped so would my apartments, but I guess Tyvol is still the best in this. “
The guardian left his protégé's bedroom and hasn't been able to get close to her since.
 
**
Nessa?.... Nessa?”