D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Wings ❯ The Decision ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I No Own Any D N Angel Characters oh I also had this story on another site soo….
 
 
D N Angel
 
 
Broken Wings
 
 
The Decision
Daisuke Niwa paced worriedly around the hospital's waiting room.
He just found out that Riku was not in very good shape, it was bad.
He asked a nurse from the delivery room what Riku said she wanted to do.
The nurse told Daisuke she wanted to save the twins so he reluctantly agreed.
The nurse also told him that Riku new if she chose to save the twins she had a ten percent chance of living.
After the nurse left the doctor enter the waiting room; removing his mask, “Mr. Niwa?”
Daisuke looked up and asked, “How's Riku?”
The doctor sighed, “ I am sorry to in form you of this but you're wife didn't survive…”
Before the doctor could finish the teary eyed Daisuke asked, “And the Twins?”
The doctor continued after another sigh, “The eldest of the twins was stillborn. The youngest was breech and in very bad shape.”
A tear slid silently down Daisuke's cheeks, “Which twin was it? The girl or….”
“It wasn't your daughter Mr. Niwa,” the doctor replied, “It was your son.”
Then suddenly it all made sense, that's why he could still transform into Dark, there was something wrong the moment he was conceived.
“Why couldn't you save her?” Daisuke sadly had to ask.
“We tried everything,” replied the doctor, “By the time she got here she was to dilated to have C section.”
“Plus” the doctor continued sadly, “She was losing blood faster then we could get it into her. We tried everything but couldn't stop her internal bleeding.”
The doctor posed again, “We are doing all we can to keep your daughter alive. She's….”
Daisuke froze when a nurse called the doctor back into the delivery room.
The same delivery where he lost two family members was now where his daughter was fighting for her life,
Daisuke waited in patiently till he was finally able to go see his daughter.
He entered the special room for premature infants to see all the incubators were empty.
Except for the one incubator that lay under a blue light with large machines hooked up to the tiny blue underweight figure inside.
He hesitantly but slowly walked up to the incubator and whipped the tears away; ` At least I have her right?'
He peered through the plastic; slipping his hands through the side of the incubator and touched the sleeping infant for the first time.
Tears slid down his cheeks; `She's not going to make it'
`She might' the voice was Dark's, `Just have faith'
`”Faith?” Daisuke asked in a snapping whisper, “My daughter is dying right in front of me and your telling me to have faith? Look at her Dark she to premature to survive.”
`It's ok Daisuke, calm down' Dark replied gently trying to comfort his despairing friend.
“Calm Down” Daisuke repeated sadly in a low whisper eyes full of tears, “ Easy for you to say Dark your daughter is not the one dying.”
A newly hired nurse entering the room halting the conversation.
“Hello” She said softly so not to wake the sleeping babe, “dr. Gobi sent me in to have you help finish some paperwork if you're up to it”
“Also,” she continued softly, “To see if you have picked out a name for her yet?”
Daisuke thought as he looked down at the little girl in front of him. His little girl.
Then he remembered what Riku had said when they first discovered she was pregnant.
(Flashback)
`Daisuke, I was wondering, if we have a little girl, could we name her Anya? I love that name!” He'd looked up from his worked and smiled at her, “If we have a girl and that's what you want to name her it's ok with me!” She'd smiled at him pulled him into a hug of excitement and kissed his cheek.
(End of Flashback)
“Excuse me?” The nurse's voice brought Daisuke from his thoughts and back into the room.
“What was that name you said?” she asked preparing to write it down on the birth certificate.
He felt hot ears of pain return to his eyes as his voice began to shake, “Anya, her name will be Anya Rose”
He knew Rose was Riku's middle name and she liked it a lot to.
 
After writing her first and middle name down, the nurse got a label and did the same.
“How about a last name?” she asked noticing he was not paying attention to her but to the baby.
She smiled and put down her clipboard; lifting the lid and taking Anya from the incubator.
“Do you want to hold her?” she asked adjusting Anya in her arms.
Daisuke sadly looked at the small girl; `She didn't even have a chance'
`So why get attached to her if she was just going to leave me to' he thought sadly.
Tears slid down his cheeks as he looked at his daughter again.
She was now looking in his direction with light blue eyes after the nurse adjusted her so she could see him.
“No” he replied slowly turning away in tears again.
The new nurse sighed and put the babe back into the incubator.
“NO!” Daisuke suddenly startling the nurse whom turned and looked at him strangely.
She didn't realize he was not yelling at her but at Dark who was urging him to hold Anya.
He apologized to the nurse who smiled at him sadly as she was called out of the room.
She told him she would return to put he lid back on the incubator, (A/N: She left it of in case he wanted to hold Anya while she was gone for five minutes) then if he felt up to it they could finish the paper work.
He then let the tears flow freely as he said, “I'm sorry, Anya, I'm sorry.”
With his index finger he gently opened her fist and touched her palm stroking it a second.
He then stroked the back of her hand a moment kissing her cheek, “Daddy, Loves you Anya.”
The tears dropped onto his hand as he released Anya's letting it return to its tiny fist.
He kissed her cheek again gently, “I'm so sorry, Anya, please forgive me”
She didn't stir and he knew she didn't understand, but neither did the protesting Dark.
 
Dark at least understood what was happening.
He cried silently to himself as he painfully turned and walked away, and Dark's continuos protesting didn't make it any easier for Daisuke.
Dark knew Daisuke was not going to comeback for Anya even if she got better. So Dark felt he should do something to change Daisuke's mind, sadly that's all he could do.
It was tarring him apart to know Daisuke was going to leave someone as special as Anya behind.
Dark also had a feeling he was also leaving someone special behind and there was nothing he could do about it.
 
 
 
Well that was chapter one! What did you think? Please REVIEW! Please NO FLAMES!