D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Element Angels ❯ Their first day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi, this is Silver and my first fanfic. It's kind of long running (mainly as it's been in progress for half a year and still not finished). It's the story of the three OC's eventually taking over the mafia, with the help of Dark, Daisuke, Satoshi, Riku and some hindrance from Krad and Risa. But it takes them a while due to a lot of `incidents'.
 
Info: bold means it's in English.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DNAngel. I only buy the merchandise and have fun making up fanfics.
 
This is dedicated to Sinner and Sushi who participated in helping me write this. Especially Sushi as no matter how many times I actually wrote them, she still came up with evil things for Emi and Miharu to do to Asuka.
 
 
Miharu was lying in her bed reading, having already got up and dressed. Emi ran into her room screaming “Why are you in bed? You should be ready!” “It's not like it's time to go yet. Just let me read.” “Asuka left 10 minutes ago.” Emi replied, trying to sound calm. “Oh…”
 
Miharu immediately jumped out of bed, grabbed her bag and headed out of the door, shoving a piece of toast into her face as she went. Emi stood and stared at the whirlwind that had managed to get up and get ready in less than ten seconds, and upon realising she was the only one left, legged it out of the door, quickly locking it and running as fast as she could after Miharu.
 
After they made it to the school, they found Asuka leaning on a wall outside waiting for them. Emi looked at her two friends, who were now greeting each other, Miharu giving pokes, and Asuka hitting her in return. She realised suddenly that she was the only one in the three wearing the school's uniform. “Why the hell aren't you wearing the uniform?” She yelled.
 
Asuka stuck her tongue out and after pondering the question for a second Miharu followed suit. Rolling her eyes, Emi lead the way into the school, and after a few wrong turns, and a lot of weird looks for Miharu and Asuka, they made their way to the main office, and they all piled into it.
 
Asuka and Miharu glared at the receptionist and Emi sighed, and walked towards her and said in a bored tone “Miharu, Asuka and Emi. New students. Give us our schedules, locker numbers, combinations and a map would be nice. Now.” She demanded all of this from the receptionist, who was stunned at her obnoxious behaviour.
 
After receiving a glare from Emi, she handed over the requested items immediately. Emi's face immediately changed, to a weird twisted smile, and she said “Thank you” politely and ran out, grabbing her stuff on the way, laughing manically and occasionally skipping. Miharu and Asuka took there things without a word and turned to leave when the receptionist said snidely “You'll need to get uniforms” they stopped and turned giving her a death glare before Miharu ran after Emi doing the same thing, and Asuka shook her head and followed.
 
They all caught up to each other at a group of lockers, and they opened their own. Emi tipped a few things into hers, Asuka put in everything that she wouldn't need for her first couple of lessons and Miharu kept everything crushed into her massive backpack. After Asuka had had a go at Miharu for giving herself back problems, she sighed and leaned against her locker, looking at what classes she had, and the others did the same.
 
Emi smiled at her schedule, she had Gym first, which she loved and she grabbed her gym stuff, and got ready to head out. Miharu also smiled at her schedule, she had art, which was her best subject by far and she grabbed all of the things she would need, and looked around her wandering why the hell the halls were so empty. She frowned, but it hit her, and she realised how late they were, and she started to run off to her Art class, and Emi did the same skipping and singing in a strange way.
 
Asuka stood there, shaking her head. She had Math first, which was a subject that she loved, but she didn't want to draw attention to herself by coming late. She sighed and dawdled on her way down the corridors, a little lost and headed to her class slowly.
 
Meanwhile, Miharu had made her way to her class and had burst through the door in her excitement. She blushed and went her normal dark pink and stood shyly by the door as everyone stared at her. The teacher acknowledged her and sent her to a seat, and told her that it was a free lesson for the day, and that they were doing as they pleased, so long as it was quiet.
 
Soon going back to her normal happy self, she smiled and went to drawing her random cartoon people and she looked at the people sitting next to her, a guy and a girl. She smiled at them and introduced her self “Hi, I'm new here, I'm Miharu, who're you?” She smiled a little too widely, freaking them out a little, but they replied still. “I'm Risa Harada, It's nice to meet you” the girl smiled at her. “And I'm Daisuke Niwa, where're you from?” the guy replied.
 
Miharu smiled at them both, but inside she was panicking a little about what exactly she should tell them about where she was from. Deciding on an edited version of the truth, she said “I'm from England…the rest is classified information, which if I told you, I would have to kill you.” She said, freaking them out so they stared at her as she went back to drawing with a smile.
 
They were still freaked out and edged away a little and went to their own work, occasionally glancing at her to check she wasn't doing anything weird, when suddenly the teacher was in front of Miharu, with her arms folded and a stern look on her face.
 
Emi, on the other hand, was having the time of her life, running rings around the other kids in her class in Gym, as they played dodge ball (A/N: This is how I play dodge ball. If it's not how you play, tough luck). A lot of other kids were sitting at the side, glaring at her with bruises on their arms and legs as she threw the balls at people with amazing force.
 
At the moment it was two on two, with her and a guy against another two guys. As she picked up a ball to throw at the other team, she yelled out to her team mate “Hey, I'm Emi, who the hell are you?” She threw the ball and it slammed against the other guy, and she smiled as he walked of the side.
 
The last person on the opposition was throwing stuff like crazy, but both Emi and her team mate were dodging easily. “I'm Takeshi” the guy shouted back, as he dodged a parrot that the last remaining guy had thrown at him. “Nice to meet you” She said as she threw the parrot hard at the guy; got him out easily, and he was thrown backwards with the force. As he hobbled out of the gym to the nurse, Emi and Takeshi jumped up and down cheering like crazy people, doing a freaky little dance, and then Takeshi hugged her. Immediately, she pushed him off of her and hit him across the face as he went bright red.
 
She started screaming at him “What the hell do you think you're doing?” until she realised that she was shouting in English. She went bright red, and lowered her head, wondering what the hell she was going to say. She was, however spared the trouble, as she heard someone clearing their throat angrily behind them, and they both turned around, coming face-to-face with an angry coach.
 
Asuka wasn't having the greatest first day. She had spent a great deal of time wandering down the halls, not really trying to find her math room. Eventually, after explaining herself to a lot of teachers with no classes to teach, she wondered to the room and slipped inside, seeing a teacher taking a class who all, amazingly, appeared to be paying attention to the test they were taking.
 
She went up to the teacher and made her excuses for being late quietly, and she got sent to a seat at the back of a room. She was immediately handed a thick test paper, and she sighed, easily working through the problems, that she had done back home years ago, and she finished quickly.
 
Instead of drawing attention to herself, she sat back switched her mp3 player on and started listening to music quietly, and noticed someone sitting next to her staring at her. She glared at the guy sitting next to her and asked rudely, but still quietly “What are you looking at” the guy didn't reply and just went back to his test. Asuka sighed, she'd probably just skip first period in the future, since it wasn't a challenge or enjoyable.
 
She sighed and decided that she would have to know someone in the school besides her friends; she turned to the strange guy and asked using her typically bored as hell voice “What's your name?” “You know most people give their own name first before asking that” He replied, also sounding quite bored “Well I don't and I asked first so tell me your name” She said, getting annoyed with this idiot. “Satoshi Hiwatari, you're one of the new kids?” He said, sounding calm and level. She nodded and replied quietly “I'm Asuka. Does this class get any more difficult or is it always this easy?” She asked, trying to find out if she would need to skip or not.
 
Before Satoshi could reply, someone from the desk to her left stuck a hand in front of her face. Shocked, she sat back a little, and followed the arm to a face. Seeing another guy, she took his hand and shook it slowly “Hi, I'm Masahiro, it's nice to meet you” the guy said enthusiastically. However before she could reply, an angry looking teacher was in front of her desk, and he didn't look that happy.
 
After a few more classes, some with their friends and some not, and a very strange lunch break, they made it to a class which they should all (hopefully) find easy; English. After they had all walked in and sat down, Miharu was drawing, Asuka was listening to her mp3 player, deciding who she should throw fire at first and Emi was slumped on her desk, catching up on her sleep.
 
As the teacher began talking, he soon realised that three girls in the back row were paying no attention whatsoever, seeing as one of them had pulled out an easel and paints from her bag, another one was listening to music and beginning to climb out of the window, and the third was asleep and stabbing her desk with scissors as she slept. Horrified and angry, the teacher went to the back row, and decided to pick on the sleeping one first.
 
Everyone turned to look at this, even Miharu and Asuka, but only because they knew that this was going to be funny. The teacher hit her over the head and asked her in a very strained tone of voice in English; “How well do you think England, as a country, is governed?” Emi sat up sleepily and replied in a tired kind of voice “Well the labour party are a bunch of idiots, led by Tony Blair, who's a complete *******, and the Conservatives are just the same….”
 
And she continued talking that way for about five minutes until she rounded up “and that's my opinion on England's government. Any questions?” By this time Asuka was halfway out of the window and was cracking up with laughter, and Miharu was painting a beautiful picture of the teacher's stunned face. “How…how do you know that?” she said, shocked, and a little scared.
 
Miharu turned to the teacher and laughed so hard she started to cry and Asuka laughed so much she started to fall out of the window. Emi replied in a bored tone “I'm from England, I've lived there for a very long time, I think I ought to be capable of speaking the language” , she laughed so hard, and Asuka fell out of the window onto the grass outside where she rolled about laughing.
 
The teacher looked very red and started to shout at the pair for being so irresponsible “and just because she speaks English, what gives you the right to laugh?!” she exploded. Miharu stood up straight, and towered over her, and Asuka climbed back in quickly and glared at the teacher, playing with a little fire ball in her hand, looking very threatening.
 
Miharu looked even more so as she began talking in a cold voice, although Emi and Asuka were very aware of the fact that she was about to start laughing “Well, since our English is some of the best in this room, even above yours, I think that both of us to have the right to do as we please, especially since we have no choice about being here”
 
Miharu turned away then, her face twisted and she tried not to laugh as the teacher flipped out and started to shout once more. “How dare you! Of all of the rude insolent…” she went on for a while and ended with “and you have detention today!” At that, they all looked at each other awkwardly smiling, “well you see…” Emi started with a strange voice “about that…” Miharu trailed off looking down “we already have detention” Asuka finished with a cold voice.
 
The teacher literally had steam coming out of her ears “well then you have detention tomorrow!” and with that the bell rang and the entire class packed up and sprinted out, glad that they had done no work all lesson.
 
Emi, Asuka and Miharu slunk out of the class, Emi smiling like a mental patient as always, Asuka bored and depressed at how lame school was, and Miharu with a guilty smile on her face because she had left paint all over the windows in the classroom.
 
The rest of the day passed quite the same and the three all found their way from their classes to the detention room. Asuka immediately went to the back of the room and sat back, beginning to graffiti the walls commenting “well this place is going to be like home by the end of the year, so I might as well make myself comfortable.”
 
Miharu immediately went to work painting the windows and Emi was busy digging through her bags for her flask. The contents of it were unknown because it was opaque, and no one really cared to find out either.
 
Asuka looked around and saw her `friends' from math class and laughed inwardly. She raised a hand in greeting and they came to sit by her. “Sorry for getting you detention” she said and went back to her graffiti. Satoshi and Masahiro nodded and Masahiro shook her hand again and she smiled briefly.
 
Miharu had jumped on Daisuke and Risa, and was smiling happily and a little strangely at them, and pulled them over to meet Emi, who was busy drinking from her flask and poking Takeshi. “Hey Daisuke, Risa, this is Emi! Emi these guys are in my art class!” Miharu smiled happily and Asuka rolled her eyes at her friend's happiness from the corner.
 
Emi nodded and smiled sloppily, and poked Takeshi, saying “This is Takeshi, from my Gym class” Miharu nodded and dragged all three of her `friends' over to Asuka. “Asuka! This is Risa, Daisuke and Takeshi” Miharu nodded excited. Asuka smiled a little and nodded at them and said lazily “This is Masahiro and Satoshi from my math class” and Miharu smiled and said hey to them politely.
 
The teacher holding detention was looking quite angry that no one was paying any attention to him, and he was desperately trying to get their attention, but instead gave up and walked out in frustration, as Asuka, Masahiro, Takeshi, Miharu and Emi threw paper balls at him laughing, (and the rubber parrot) they all sat around and talked for a while, all generally being social.
 
Surprisingly, even Satoshi and Asuka joined in, neither famed for their social skills. After a paint fight in which Miharu was the main target (because she started it) everyone went home so they could clean up, leaving Asuka, Miharu and Emi there alone.
 
“Let's play Truth or Dare” Miharu shouted excitedly, covering some of the wall in luminous paint. Emi nodded, taking a swig from her flask. Asuka just nodded reluctantly knowing she had no choice in the matter. “Dare! Dare! Dare! I dare you all to stalk a guy for the night!” shouted Emi, having obviously not though this through.
 
Asuka stared at her, Miharu just smiled evilly. “I dare Asuka to stalk Satoshi” she said in her most evilly malicious voice. Asuka shouted “Fine I dare you to stalk Daisuke”. Miharu and Asuka turned to Emi. “Ok, now we dare you to stalk Takeshi.” They said in perfect union. Anyone watching could have told you that this wasn't good.
 
Asuka ran out the door trying to catch up with Satoshi before he got too far. She didn't plan on stalking him, but following him then annoying him. She easily spotted him and slid into the shadows. He was heading in the direction of her apartment and she distantly wondered if he lived nearby. Sure enough not only did he live nearby, he was her neighbour. She groaned loudly and knocked on his door.
 
“Hello” he said answering it. “I have this dare to spend the night stalking you, so I'm watching TV in here.” She said coolly, sweeping through the open door and plonking herself in front of the TV. He seemed a little confused, and turned to look at the girl in his apartment, who was currently engrossed in the TV. He collapsed onto the floor in apparent pain.
 
Asuka just turned “If you're going to die could you at least do it quietly. The program's starting.” she shouted in her usual insensitive way. He grew and received white wings. She just glanced over at him and shook her head. “What are you doing?” Krad murmured.
 
She wasn't impressed with the disruption and showed it. “I'm watching TV. You are disrupting me, and stop showing off with those wings. I've seen it all before” Her fiery ones appeared for an instant, before disappearing again. “Now sit down and be quiet” she said dragging him down onto the sofa next to him, trying not to look at the burn marks which appeared in that instant.
 
Emi took another swig from her flask and climbed out of the window. She had a feeling following Takeshi would be easy. Unfortunately that feeling was very wrong and she ended up hiding in a number of trees. It was neither fun nor comfortable.
 
He seemed to be taking a tour of the town, stopping in places for a while. It was on one of these times when the tree branch gave a large shuddering and snapped, dumping Emi out of the tree. She sighed in relief as she landed on something soft, then realised what it was.
 
Takeshi groaned from under her. “What are you doing, stalking me?” she asked in an outraged voice. “No” he said confused “Why did you fall out of that tree?” She glared at him “Well I was trying to break my leg before school tomorrow, but you've gone and ruined it!” she declared loudly, turning on her heel and stalking away.
 
Miharu raced to the roof. Spreading her dark blue silver tipped wings, she launched herself cleanly into the air. Instantly finding an up draught she glided at quiet a low altitude looking for Daisuke.
 
He was talking to himself, Miharu remembered the thousands of times she had done the same. A little interested she got the wind to bring his voice up to you. Sure enough she could hear everything he said “I do not! Hey I'm not a pervert. Like you aren't!” It carried on along these lines until he got home. She grinned at the stray thought that he was just as mad as her. He disappeared inside the house for a bit and she couldn't see him any more.
 
After giving into the joy of flight and doing a few loop-the-loops, she found his bedroom window and latched herself on to the window frame. He soon reappeared, still talking to herself. She was amazed he hadn't noticed her, but it was dark. Then he started changing and became a guy with purple hair and violet hair.
 
Miharu nearly fell off the window frame. He glanced around and she launched herself once again into the air. He turned quickly in the direction of the rustle of feathers. Whatever was there was gone now, but something glinted in the light. He looked and found a dark blue silver tipped feather. “To-to” he shouted.
 
Miharu arrived back at the apartment the same time as Emi. They expected to see Asuka back already but the apartment was empty. “I thought she'd have given up already” Emi mused aloud.
 
There was a loud knock from the other side of the wall. “I'm next door” it said in a voice spookily like Asuka's. “Satoshi's our neighbour! And don't even think of starting to create a door between the apartments.” Emi and Miharu looked at each other. “How did she know?” was their only reply.
 
Miharu disappeared into her room for a while. She returned with a beautiful watercolour of the guy Daisuke turned into. “Do you know who he is?” she asked knowing she'd seen him somewhere before. Emi just said “newspaper.” This sent Miharu and Emi in a frantic struggle to unearth the newspaper from Miharu's bag, where it usually disappeared to.
 
After 20 minutes a fraction of the bag's contents had been emptied into the pile that now filled up a majority of Miharu's room. (A/N: The bag kind of exists, just not to the degree described here. its contents will only cause a large pile that fills 4 desks and gets you weird looks when you empty it to find something.)
 
“I think we need to move” Emi said, noticing that part of the pile was veering dangerously towards her. Miharu nodded “Let's go to your room. I don't think I've been in it. What's it like?” Emi looked defensive “That's classified information.” They broke into Asuka's room and carried on emptying the bag in there.
 
An hour later, another 3 rooms filled and a number of newspapers from the wrong year (one being from each day they were born, Miharu had bought them on eBay); they finally found it. The picture was in black and white, but it was a good resemblance to Miharu's one.
 
They didn't have time to read it as there was a loud knock on the door. With Asuka out, both Emi and Miharu dropped everything and raced to open the front door; they usually weren't allowed to answer it due to the incident with the FedEx man, the custard and the rubber chicken. They didn't bother with the spy hole to see who it was as they'd already thrown the door open and tumbled out into the hallway in a heap.
 
It was the guy and some weird girl. They both just looked at the pile of 2 girls on the floor in disbelief. Miharu looks guiltily at the guy when she saw one of her feathers in his hand. Getting up Emi invited them in, banging in an aggressive way on the wall, and trying to hide the huge piles of stuff from Miharu's rucksack.
 
Asuka walked in having heard the banging, dragging Krad along with her. She looks at the mess then the rucksack trying to imagine how the hell Miharu gets all that stuff in it, and she'd only seen one room.
 
The weird girl takes the feather and walks right up to Miharu with it “It's her's” she announces. Miharu looked very shy and quickly pocketed the feather. “Why were you spying on Daisuke? And where did that feather come from? I've never seen one like it.” Miharu smiled “Emi dared me to stalk Daisuke.” She said matter-of-factly.
 
Turning to Emi and Asuka she said. “Daisuke turned into him.” Asuka nodded “Satoshi turned into him” she said as she pointed at Krad, who had just started an evil glare contest with the guy Daisuke turned into. “Well Takeshi didn't turn into anything but a weirdo. After following him around town, I fell out of a tree on top of him” Emi said sounding extremely annoyed, then turned on the guy.
 
“And you are?” “The phantom thief Dark” he announced with a grand bow, which resulted in Asuka accidentally setting a bottle of vodka alight and Miharu having to make her wings appear and fly to the ceiling, to avoid it. The girl randomly disappeared but it went unnoticed.
 
“So do you have special powers?” Dark asked. Asuka pointed to the numerous burn marks and rapidly growing fire in the apartment. Emi put it out with a big tidal wave which filled the whole apartment nearly drowning everyone until it disappeared out of the window, closely missing the landlady and making it onto the front pages.
 
Miharu smiled as they looked at her expectantly and sat down on the sofa. “What can you do?” He asked curiously. “This” she said pointing to the mini tornado which started chasing Dark and Krad.
 
Miharu soon got bored, but not before a good chase round and made it disappear, dumping the large pile of things it had picked up in a neat pile on the carpet. Dark looked at Miharu appraisingly and Miharu blushed a very deep crimson. Emi looked at Asuka and they both nodded.
 
“Miharu and Dark, sitting in a tree….” they started singing in English, in creepily perfect unison. “I do not!” Miharu shouted back running into her room and slamming the door. However it wasn't just her door that slammed but every open door in a 5 mile radius, regardless of whether or not someone was coming through it. Emi and Asuka looked at each other knowingly.
 
Satoshi prodded Asuka's shoulder “Can I go back now?” Asuka shrugged, she didn't care what he did. With that he promptly left, looking a little pink. Dark was still stood there, having not understood a word of what they said apart from his name and Miharu. What he did know was she was angry and probably best left alone.
 
Dark however ignored this and picked the lock into her room. Emi shook her head and Asuka walked round the flat looking at the large amount of stuff that had come out of such a relatively small bag.
 
That was when a small flock of exotic birds emerged from its open flap and headed for the open window, only to be trapped by Emi's overlarge net. Asuka shook her head in defeat. The bag would have to remain one of life's great mysteries.
 
Meanwhile back at the ranch (A/N: this actually means in Miharu's room, but I've always wanted to use that phrase and I finally can!) Miharu's door swung open to reveal a large moving pile of duvet which emitted strange sounds distinctly like those of a game boy.
 
The pile hadn't noticed him so he crept up behind it. He poked the pile and after emitting an audible yelp, a large bucket of flower petals landed on his head. It turned and he saw Miharu's eyes. On seeing Dark the eyes retreated within the pile and it shouted “Go away!”
 
It was ignored and he rather awkwardly hugged the large but extremely huggable pile. (A/N: You'll know what this means it you've ever hugged a duvet. It's all soft and huggable.)
 
The slight glow it gave off stopped, along with the strange noises. The duvet flew over Dark's head. He was temporarily blinded, giving the small tornado he hadn't noticed time to attach it's self to his leg and steal a shoe, followed closely by a sock, and nearly a pair of trousers.
 
By the time Daisuke had wormed his way out from under the duvet Miharu was gone and the tornado making a get away through the open door still with his things. After reclaiming them and apologising to a startled Asuka and Emi, who were amazed he wasn't hurt. He headed out the door.
 
After checking, Emi discover that Miharu wasn't in her room and sighed. It was Miharu's day to make dessert, and she'd been looking forward to brownies. Were Emi's first thoughts, having absolutely no concern for her missing friend. Asuka promptly started searching for the recipe and on finding it headed for the kitchen. The brownies were baked and quickly devoured.
 
Asuka went to read and Emi took a large bag of what looked like hay into her room. There were a few animal noises, and everything quietened down.
 
At midnight Miharu clambered back through the window, raided the kitchen and curled up in bed; having scoffed her midnight feast.
 
 
The first chapter done. A little confusing but it gives you a taste for the characters and sets everything up. A party in the next chapter! Should be interesting. Lets just say that only one person remains sober. .