D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Sided Angel ❯ Episode 1: Sister ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: 100 years ago, she died in Dark's arms promising that she would always remember him, but, 100 years later she doesn't remeber him... she's reincarted into the body of a 14 year old girl, Kari Hiwatari, who swore that she would rid her brother Satoshi of Krad. Will Kaito ever remember Dark? Is Kari going to fufill her wishes to save her brother?

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _


PN: Um.... before we start, you should know, I like using suffixes, like -chan -san -kun -sempai -sama, so if it bothers alot of you I'll stop using them

Kaito: You and your suffixes!!

PN: Shaddap.

A key:(cuz I like using some phrases and words, but, like the suffixes I'll stop if too many of ya find it annoying)
Oniisan - Brother
Oniisama - Brother (more formal)
Ohayo Gozaimasu(or i'll just write Ohayo) - Good Morning
Konnichiwa - I don't really have to explain this one but Good day or Hello

Things in this format are Dark/Kaito talking
Things like this are Kari/Daisuke talking

Disclaimer: If I owned D.N.ANGEL Risa would probably be dead. But she isn't so I don't T-T darn. I also don't own the song Motherland by Crystal Kay from FullMetal Alchemist.



The Two Sided Angel


[I]


EPISODE ONE: Sister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A limo pulled up to Satoshi Hiwatari's mansion in Azumano at around 7:00.

"Oniisan!!" a shy voice called as the owner hugged her brother happily. "I'm glad you're home Kari, it's been a while; How have you been?" Satoshi asked, "I'm fine, I'm just so happy to be back; Azumano has changed so much since I was little." She said taking two of her many suit cases;
"You don't have to carry so many of your suitcases. We do have butlers Kari." Satoshi stated at her struggling. "I-I know, it's just I don't want to be mean; They are mine, which means I should carry most of them." Kari said with a smile.
"You're as kind hearted as ever, Kari" he said just below a whisper so as Kari wouldn't hear.
Satoshi took two of her bags, opened the door and they both walked in.
They walked up two flights of stairs and down a hall until they reached Kari's old room. They both went in and put down their suitcases.
"Hmm, it's just how I remember it!!" she said hugging a teddy bear that was on her bed "Even Snuffle is still here.."
"No one's come in here since you left. Anyway, your uniform is hanging on your dresser, today is your first day at Azumano; The rest of your stuff should be brought up while we're at school." Satoshi said as he walked out.

"Ah, oniisan?" Kari called,

"Yes Kari?" Satoshi asked looking back.

"Thank you." she said playing with the teddy's ear,

"Thank you? For what?"

"For letting me stay with you.."

Satoshi stood there, and before leaving said "No problem," and shut the door after him.

Kari stared at the door as if he were still standing there. 'I will help you go back to your old self. I will help you oniisan. I will help you get rid of your demon.' she thought, she then got up and got ready for school.

~Moments later~
Kari ran down the staircase and to the car waiting outside with Satoshi.Only triping once she made her way to the limo and got in sitting across from Satoshi.
"What took you?" he asked, Kari gave a small but warm smile "Just talking to myself I guess..." she said then turned to look out the window. "Talking to Kaito-san?" he asked, she nodded, "Yeah, she's not really just a person anymore.. she's like an older sister, or a friend.." Kari replied glancing at Satoshi,
"You know why Otousan requested you come back right?" Satoshi asked looking at her with slightly serious face. She nodded again "It's because of Kaito. I know. He sent me away, until I was needed, and after Kaito is gone... I won't be needed anymore. So he'll send me back." she said with a sad smile looking down at her hands.
"That might be the case, but I want you to stay Kari." Satoshi said with a ghost of a smile-if it could even be called that. "Thanks oniisan, I want to stay too." she said with a big genuine smile.
The limo soon reached Azumano Jr High. Kari looked up at her new school slightly timid. "I hope I don't get lost..." she muttered, "Don't worry you won't." Satoshi said getting out of the car and offering his hand to help her out. She got out of the car and shut the door before the limo zoomed away. "This school is alot bigger then my bording school in England...." she said looking up at it. Before, when she was in England-the country her father sent her to--a bording school S.t. Alice's School for Lost Lambs. It went from K to 12th grade.
"Hiwatari-kun!!" Kari heard a voice call to her brother. She looked up to see a red spikey haired boy running towards them both.
"Ohayo, Hiwatari-kun!" The boy said when he reached them, he seamed to be very good friends with Satoshi.
"Ohayo, Niwa-kun, this is my sister Kari. She just moved here from England. Kari, this is Daisuke Niwa, a classmate of mine." Satoshi said introducing you both.
"Ohayo gozaimasu, Niwa-san, I'm pleased to meet you." Kari said politely bowing. "Ohayo Hiwatari-san! When did you come to Azumano?" Daisuke asked. "I arrived just this morning. I wanted to come to school and meet Satoshi-niisan's friends." She said, they then started towards the building, with Kari trailing in the back.

~In class~
Kari, Satoshi, and Daisuke walked into the classroom.
"Ohayo Niwa-kun!!" a brunette haired girl cheered running up, "Oh, who's this?" she asked excitedly,
"This is Hiwatari-kun's sister, she just moved here from England.Hiwatari-san, this is Risa Harada, a friend of mine" Daisuke said as Satoshi walks to his desk.
"Ohayo gozaimasu Harada-san, it's nice to meet you!" Kari said bowing, "Oh! You are so cute! Are you really Hiwatari-san's sister? You two look nothing alike!" Risa said shaking Kari's hand.
"Um... y-yeah I'm his sister, I-uh arrived this morning.." said a blushing Kari shyly, Risa took Kari's hand and led her over to where some other people were sitting, Daisuke followed after.
"Guys, this is Kari, Hiwatari-kun's sister! Kari-chan! These are my friends and my sister Riku." Risa said happily. "O-Ohayo gozaimasu minna-san..." she said even more shyly and even more red.
"Waaaaaaaai!!! Kawai!!!!" said a guys voice, "Oh... that's--" Risa began boredly, but was cut off. The guy then grabbed Kari's hands.
"Takeshi Saehara! At your service, what's your name by the way?" Takeshi asked, "K-Kari Hiwatari, umm.... n-n-nice to meet you um.. Saehara-san.." Kari's face was now completely red.
Risa pushed Takeshi out of the way. "You don't need to be so shy Kari-chan," Risa said with a smile, "O-oh... okay Risa-chan?" Kari said quietly. "That's the spirit!" Risa cheered
*With Takeshi & Daisuke*
"Man, that Kari is so cuuuute!!" Takeshi said with stars in his eyes. "Isn't she Daisuke?!"
"Uh.. yeah Saehara.." he said
Dark: Wooooow, that's Hiwatari's sister?! What a cutie!
Daisuke: Don't even think about it Dark!!
What? You're thinking the same thing!! I can hear it remember?
Well, still! Don't get any ideas about flirting with her! Hiwatari-kun will defenatly have your head
If he can catch me.
Righ- WHAT?! NO!! I'm not even going to let you try! She's new here, and doesn't need her mind corrupted
Daisuke! I'm hurt you would even suggest I do that!
Too bad!
*sigh* I never get to have any fun....

Before class started, Risa pulled Kari around the classroom to meet everyone.

The teacher walked in smiling, "Alright class, take your seats alright? We have a new transfer student with us." she said as Kari walked up to the front of the class.
"Hiwatari-san, will you introduce yourself?" the sensei asked
"Ah, s-sure..." Kari said with a blush, "G-Good morning everyone, my name is Kari Hiwatari.. it's nice to meet you all..." she said smiling cheerfully
"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!" the guys squealed with shounen hearts in their eyes.
"Alright Hiwatari-san, please take a seat next to Risa Harada," sensei said, Kari bowed again and headed to her seat sitting quietly at her desk.

~After Class, before lunch~

Kari sat at her desk putting her things away, ready to head outside for lunch, she had just taken out her bento box when a horde of girls came up to her desk.
"Are you really Hiwatari-kun's sister?" one with braided pigtails asked, Kari smiled. "Yes, he's my older brother.. older by a few months..." Kari answered sweetly,
"So Kari, what do you like to do for fun?" Riku asked, "um... I like to play the piano.... and poetry..... um... I also like drawing and painting..." she said,
"You're like Niwa-kun then!" Risa giggled, Daisuke's head turned at hearing his name. "um.... I guess so.." Kari replied with a questioning tone.
"So do you have any pets?" A blonde girl asked "No.. but I do like cats, they're my favorites.." she answered

Takeshi leaned on Daisuke's desk looking dreamily at the new student, "Man she's adorible!! I can't take my eyes off of her!!" he swooned, he looked like a giddy schoolgirl in love...
"Yeah...." Daisuke replied, a sweatdrop forming on his head
"You're like Niwa-kun then!!" they heard Risa giggle, Daisuke's head perked up at the sound of his name in their conversation.
"They're talkin' about you!" Takeshi pointed out,
'Thanks Mr. State the obvious..' Daisuke thought

After school ended, Daisuke wandered through the halls, looking for the art teacher so he could drop off his painting. As he was wandering, he began hearing a piano playing and a light voice singing.
" kimi ga tabidatsu hi wa; itsumo to onaji 'jaane' to te wo futta; marude ashita mo mata; kono machi de au mitai ni; ai wo shinjiru no wa; jibun ni mo makenai koto; yume ga kanau hi made; egao no mama hoshi wo mite inori sasage koko ni iru kara."
Daisuke looked at the music room door looking for the source of the angelic voice. Daisuke walked over and set his painting down, opened the door a crack, and saw Kari.
She sat at the piano stool, letting her fingers glide across the black and white keys, and letting the words roll of her tongue.
Dark: Daaaaaamn.... that's Kari-chan singing?! She sounds like an angel....
Daisuke: Yeah.... Hey! You better not be getting any ideas Dark!!
Perish the thought Daisuke! You're so mean to me... aren't you thinking the same thing?
*blush* Yeah but...
Ha! I'm right!

"watashi wa kimi ni totte no sora de itai; kanashimi made mo tsutsumi konde; itsudemo miageru toki wa hitori janai to; tooku de omoeru you ni; kaeru basho de aru you ni." she sang, Daisuke stared in wonder.
Kari looked up and jumped slightly when she saw Daisuke in the doorway, her face turned completely red.
"H-How long were you listening?!" Kari stuttered trying to find the right words, "Not long... you have a very good singing voice Hiwatari-san..." Daisuke said with a smile.
Kari blushed again, "Th-thank you Niwa-kun... you're very kind." she said looking up at him, Daisuke blushed scratching the back of his head sheepishly "N-No, not really... heh..." he said,
"Well, I'm heading home now Niwa-kun..." she said gathering her bookbag and standing to leave, "I'll see you tomorrow though Niwa-kun!!" and with that she left Daisuke to himself.


~Later that Night~

[11: 30]

Satoshi peeked his head in to see Kari at her desk,

"Kari.... Dark is going to strike at midnight at the Esveil Museum, I'm going now.. will you be alright?" he asked coming in slightly,

"Alright, Phantom will be there, I'll be fine! Phantom knows what she's doing niisan..." Kari said looking up at Satoshi with a warm smile. "Alright Kari... I'll see you there," he replied, and prompt with that, he left.
Kari walked out onto her balcony and watched the car pull away quickly, from her balcony she could just barely make out the police lights.

[11:40]

Kari walked into the center of the room and held a gold cross to her chest.

'It's time for you to rise again Balancer of the Angels. Rise to save Satoshi-nisan and be the bearer of the Hikari's curse. Come out great darkness. Come out Kaito!!' Kari called in her mind.

A great force of heat and pain rushed through Kari's body, causing her to drop to her knees "KAITO COME OUT!!!" she yelled, as she did, her eyes snapped open, her left turned from hazel to a yellow cat-like eye with and her pupal turned into a slit, her right turned aswell to a blood-red color. She rose to her feet growing taller, and her hair, being blown wildly by the wind turned red and dropped to her thighs, as well as two cat ears coming off her head, and a long black cat tail coming from behind. Kari's uniform turned into a black mid-thigh dress with a puffy skirt, white frilly cuffs, a white tie, and a white corset over it[1], the black knee high boots helped the look.

Kari was no longer Kari.

She was The Great Balancer of light and dark.

Kaito.

"Oh wooooooooooow!!! It's been so looooooong!!" Kaito moaned stretching,

Kari: Phantom, we have to go to the Esveil Museum and capture Dark!

"Rodger Dodger!" Kaito said with a mock salute, she walked out onto the balcony and held her arms out and jumped head first down to the pond under her window,

Kari: O_O PHANTOM WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

Before she hit the ground, two gray wings flooded out of her back and she sailed over the water, grazing it slightly, then flew up into the air and looked towards the flashing lights

"Kari, is that it?" Kaito asked looking over the trees,

Kari: Yeah.. the Esveil Museum. Dark is going to steal the Glass Rose of Love..
A grin spred across Kaito's porcelin features, "The fun begins!" she said before flying towards the museum.
[11:55]
Kaito landed on the top of the roof, she spotted Satoshi and grinned. Quietly she dangled from the roof and jumped into the room where the art-work was through one of the windows.
She hit the ground with a small click of her heal, she looked around then flew up hid on one of the beams in the ceiling. A good thing she did, not but moments after, someone snuck into the room the same way Kaito had.
'So that's the famed and Legendary Kaitou Dark, I guess our little meeting begins.' Phantom thought with a grin.

~Dark and Daisuke's POV~
Dark had just entered the Esveil Museum to steal the famed artwork, the Glass Rose of Love, it's said if you give it to the person you love, undying love will come.
He hit the floor with a soft thud, and looked around for Comander Hiwatari or anyone that would stop his little escapade. He saw none, so he procceded to the glass contaner that the rose was in. (Me: Think Beauty and the Beast for the Rose of Love 'kay?)
"Too easy.." came a voice from behind him as he reached for the glass.
Dark turned to see a girl, with long red hair, cat ears on her head, and two different colored eyes that glared straight at him,

"Well hello there," his voice filled with romantic charm and interest,
Hello yourself, I take it you're Dark Mousy legendary kaitou theif?" the girl asked. "Why yes, and who might you be?" Dark replied, returning with a question,
"Your worst nightmare." she began as she pointed a large scythe at him. "but you can call me Kaito. If you live that is," she said slashing at him.

Dark's violet eyes widened in shock and suprise as the name hit his ears, but none-the-less he ducked in time, only loosing a strand of hair. "Kaito?!?! But, Kaito died 100 years ago!" he said, dodging her attacks swiftly.
"I might have died, but I'm back to kill you!" she said with a sadistic smirk on her lips,
"Ack! Kaito, don't you remember me?! I love you remember!" he said,
Daisuke: Dark, what's going on? .... who is she?
Dark didn't have enough time to answer, as Kaito threw another attack at him. "Love me?! I just met you, you pervert!!" by some chance of luck she had knocked him to the ground and her scythe was inches from sliting his throat.
"Kaito stop!!" Dark said grabbing the pole of the scythe,

~Kaito Kari POV~
"Kaito stop!!" Dark said grabbing the pole of the scythe, a shock seemed to travel through the pole and to Kaito.
She stummbled back holding her head as a wave of pain shot into her head

~~Flashback~~
They seemed perfect for each other.
Cocky attitudes
A love for the night...
So that's what they did..
"DARK-SAMA!!!!"

They fell in love.

Dark took Kaito into his warm embrace, holding her tightly as if he would never let go.

"I love you... Kaito..." these words came from his lips like a sweet song, or a candy that you never want to end..

"I love you too Dark-sama.."
~~End Flashback~~



Dark took this moment to take the Glass Rose and go. Things might have gotten worse if he didn't...

The pain in Kaito's head went away quickly, she growled in annoyance.

"Were you able to get him?" Satoshi's voice asked from behind, "No.. 'm sorry Satoshi-sama.. I'll get him next time though.." Kaito said before turning back into Kari.

Kari ran up to Satoshi and walked out next to him, "I will get him next time niisan!! I promise!!" she said with determination in her voice, "I know you will, I believe you.." he said putting his hand on Kari's head.

~*Dark/Daisuke POV*~

Daisuke: Dark.. who was that? And how did you know her?
Dark: It's a long story Daisuke... and one I don't want to re-live.
Alright.... can you at least tell me who she was?
Her name... is Phantom, the Balancer between the light and the dark
Wow...

Daisuke knew that Dark didn't want to say anymore, so he closed the link until they got home.

But the last thing he heard Dark say was

"It's been so long.... Kaito."

~*Satoshi/Krad POV*~

Satoshi walked into the library of his house, and looked up to see the form of his alter-ego sitting on his balcony.

"He knows about her?" Satoshi asked his other self calmly,

"Unfortiunetly.. they were lovers." Krad growled,

"I see.." Satoshi said before turning away to leave.

Krad clenched his fist, "You will not get her again." he growled before his transparent form dissapeared.


To Be Continued...

PN:
SO?!?! IT WAS?! HOW WAS IT?!

Kaito: It was okay...

Krad: It sucked.

PN: *smacks him in the back of the head with her paper fan* NO ONE ASKED YOU NIISAMA!!!

Krad: =_=#

PN:
I WANT REVIEWS 'KAY?!

~NEXT TIME~

Kari: *holding mic* Who is Kaito? What does she have to do with Dark? Daisuke and Kari are getting to be fast friends!! Will Dark try and get Kaito's memory back? What will Krad do to try and stop him? Does Kaito still love Dark or is their love a distant memory? Watch and see as Daisuke learns more about Dark's past with Kaito, him and Kari getting closer and Kaito and Dark falling in love all over again! Find all this out NEXT TIME!! On D.N.ANGEL!!!!

PN: Key sentences for next time are:

"Dark and Kaito were... lovers?!?!"

'Daisuke is so amazing..'

"I don't believe it..."

PN: SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!!