Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ Accidents Happen ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter One: Accident-Prone Miyu
Daa! Daa! Daa! is not mine, it's Mika Kawamura's.
 
It's morning at the Saionji household.
 
The sun shines so brightly even though the cold air seems to mask the warmth that the sun usually gives the people of Heiomachi. The rays of the morning sun made its way to the eyes of an extremely good looking man on a futon. He opened his eyes but closed them again when the blinding intensity of the light reached him. He stretched his masculine body as he stood up. Scuffling his chestnut hair, he walked across the room to the sliding door… but wait. Something caught his eye. A peripheral blur. “Kanata…” it said. He closed his eyes and turned to the image. He slowly opened his eyes…
 
“Ahh… its only Miyu. MIYU?!” He shouted. His long blond-haired, green-eyed girlfriend was waking up. Why is she in my room? He thought.
 
~flashback~
 
“You didn't do your homework? It's not my fault you can't find it!” Miyu shouted at Kanata.
 
“Well, maybe that's because you HID IT while I was out!” Kanata shot back.
 
“I did not hide it!”
 
“You hid it and I can prove it!”
 
“How?!”
 
“Come here.” Kanata said and pulled her to her room. He pointed to the drawer. “I found it right there. Now how could that be in here?”
 
“Why don't you believe me?” She said, trying to hold back her tears.
 
“Because paper can't walk, stupid.”
 
“Kana…”
 
“Why do I even bother to help you with your homework if you just take mine? Huh?”
 
“I…”
 
“You're useless.”
 
Those words hit her like a brick wall.
 
“I-I am, aren't I?” Miyu faked a smile. “Thanks for letting me know.” And she slid the door closed.
 
“You're welcome!” Kanata said furiously. He waved the notebook in such a way that something fell on the ground. A piece of paper. It read:
 
Hey man! I just wanted to let you know that I borrowed your assignment because, well, I forgot to do mine! I left this in Miyu's room because I couldn't find you anywhere. Thanks again, man!
-Santa
 
“Stupid Santa…” he heard himself mumble. Then he heard crying. No doubt… it's Miyu.
 
“I made her cry… again.”
 
~end of flashback~
 
“Hmm… I think I tried to comfort her, but I ended up sleeping beside her.” Kanata's eyes are closed in thought.
 
He turned to Miyu's direction. To his surprise, she wasn't there anymore. “Miyu?”
 
“Hmm?” She was sitting on one of the chairs in the kitchen drinking coffee, as always. Kanata smiled.
 
“I'm glad.”
 
School…
 
“Miyu! Good morning!” Miyu's two best friends, Aya and Nanami approached her. “Morning…” Miyu said, depressed.
 
“Is something wrong, Miyu?” Aya asked.
 
“Oh, no. I'm fine!” She continued to observe the view outside. The two friends looked at each other.
 
Lunch…
 
“Aya, I want to go eat outside. Do you want to come with me?” Miyu asked her.
 
“Sorry, Miyu. I have to finish the script due tomorrow.” Aya showed her the script.
 
“Ok.” Then.
 
She went by herself. She took a bus. Little does she know that disaster is headed straight for her.
 
School… again
 
“OH MY GOD, KANATAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!” Santa and the others panicked.
 
“wAHH!!” Kanata almost fell from his seat. “What's the matter?”
 
“MI-mI…” Aya tried to say. Nanami punched her head.
 
“Kanata! It's Miyu!” Nanami said with tears in her eyes.
 
“What about her?” Kanata said, kind of sarcastically while she put a piece of pumpkin in his mouth.
 
“Kanata!” Santa looked at Kanata seriously. “Miyu,” Kanata's eyes widen. “she's in the hospital.”
 
Hospital…
 
“Car CRASH?” Kanata shouted at the doctor.
 
“I'm sorry but, we think she hit her head when the bus crashed. We are treating her as we speak.” The doctor replied and bowed leaving them.
 
“Oh, no… Miyu…” Kanata whispered and fell on his knees.
 
A few hours later…
 
The same doctor as before approached them.
 
“How is she doctor?” Kanata's panic started to show.
 
“She is fine.” The doctor said.
 
“Can we see her?” Kanata asked anxiously.
 
“If you want to, yes. She is in room 146, 5th floor to the left.” They all hurried to her room. Kanata was saying to himself over and over, `Please be alright, please be alright.'
 
“Miyu!” Kanata opened the door and found her sitting up and looking around. Kanata immediately hugged her. “Are you ok?” Kanata asked, concern in his eyes. Miyu nodded and smiled. Then she looked strangely at the people behind Kanata, namely; Santa, Aya, Nanami, Nozomu, and Christine.
 
“Thanks for the hug. Umm… can I ask a question?”
 
“Sure, Miyu. What is it?” Kanata asked calmly.
 
“Who are you?”