Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ We're married, right? ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Eleven: Miyu Saionji, Got That?
I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa! or any of its characters. Give credit to the manga-ka, ok?
 
They went to school the next day. It was ordinary, really. It was just another day in Heiomachi for them. Unfortunately for Miyu, Physical education lay ahead of them. Miyu held Kanata's hand tightly and they walked in. What they saw inside surprised them.
 
“Miki Kouzuki here, pleasure to meet your acquaintance!” Miki's voice echoed from the speakers. Miyu and Kanata looked at each other and smiled. They ran to her.
 
“Mom, what are you doing?” Kanata said, squeezing through the crowd.
 
“I offered to have an educational assembly about space and the universe. It takes your Physical Ed. Slot, so don't get too worked up about it.” Miki answered while shaking hands and signing autographs.
 
“Thank you!” They both said and continued to find a way out of the crowd.
 
Park…
 
“Kanata, do you think it's a girl?” Miyu asked him. She was lying and her head was on Kanata's lap with her head tilted upward, looking into his eyes.
 
“I don't mind if it's a boy or a girl. I'm just happy that I married you and I'm a father.” Kanata softly said as she stroked her hair.
 
“You don't even remember what happened when we got married and did it.” She said. “We just woke up and had rings on our fingers.”
 
“I found you naked in your room. I was in my room. Could it happen that you walked back to your room when I was sleeping?” Kanata remembered.
 
“I was… sleepwalking?” Miyu sat up. “Maybe someone carried me…”
 
“Miyu… oh, it's almost an hour. Let's go back, ok?” Kanata stood up and Miyu held his hand. They went back to the school.
 
School…
 
“Miyu! Kanata!” Miki ran to them and collapsed on the ground. “I'm so tired… I need to have a nap. Yuu, help me up.” They went back to the Saionji Temple.
 
Everything was clear now and Miyu felt like someone removed some weight from her shoulders. It felt good.
 
“Come on, Miyu. Let's go. Mizuki's class?” Kanata smiled at her.
 
“Don't go crazy again.” Miyu smirked. She was finally getting used to life here. Again.
 
“I won't.” Kanata promised.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
It has been 2 months since Miyu found out that she was pregnant. Her stomach is getting bigger and more obvious. Kanata convinced her to wear loose or layered clothing. Do you want to know how they have been passing the Phys. Ed. so long? Easy.
 
“Hoshou asked Mikan to play card with you're principal. Mikan said if she lost, she would make a manga series about monkeys for him. But if she won, he would make Phys. Ed. a self-study time for at least nine months. The principal couldn't resist the offer, but Mikan is the best card player I know.” Kanata explained to Miyu. “So you are safe now.”
 
“I should remember to thank her.” Miyu said.
 
“Kanata! Kanata!” Santa yelled. “Nanami and Aya are here!” They entered the house.
 
“Santa! Keep quiet!” Kanata yelled back.
 
“Why?” Santa and the others arrived. “It isn't like Ruu is here, is he?”
 
“No but…” Kanata can't think of any excuses.
 
Santa's eyes wandered to Miyu. “Ahh! Miyu! You're growing fat!” Santa noticed. Kanata frowned and hit his head.
 
“She's not fat! She's just…” Kanata glanced at Miyu, who is frantically shaking her head. “Chubby.”
 
“Miyu! Have you heard?” Nanami sat down beside her. “Miyu, you've grown fat…” Miyu just smiled. “Well anyway, there are rumors about you that you are pregnant! We just came over for two things. Aya, will you please.”
 
“Ok. One.” She brought out big pieces of cardboard with words on them. “You are really pregnant and we will have to know about it and two,” She brought out another piece of cardboard. “You are not pregnant but just getting fat.”
 
Miyu sighed, standing up. “I am not fat!!” She stormed out of the room. Kanata followed after her. “Miyu, stop stomping around! It's bad for the baby!”
 
“D-Did he just say… baby?” Santa asked himself. Aya heard Santa.
 
“I think he just did.” Aya answered her boyfriend.
 
“Do you think if we talked to them, they'll make us its godparents?” Nanami proposed.
 
The next day…
 
It is Saturday and a lot of chores should be done. Kanata forbid Miyu to do those things, but she just feels incomplete when she let him do everything. She got up extra early to sweep the fallen leaves off the ground. But when she got there…
 
“Oophh…!” Miyu hid behind a door. Kanata was already sweeping the leaves. He glanced over his shoulder to the spot where Miyu was a second ago. Kanata shrugged it off. She couldn't find anything to do. Everything was done already. “Kanata, you clever husband, you.” She muttered under her breath. She decided to walk around the house to see if he missed something. Rooms are tidy, laundry hung, trash brought out, and floor sparkling clean. The food was prepared as well. Ok, he won already.
 
“Kanata.” She said disappointed. She went outside. “I have nothing to do anymore. You're such a dedicated father, aren't you?” Miyu leaned on a wooden pillar.
 
“Oh, really?” Kanata wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. Miyu cringed at him and walked towards him.
 
“Let me help you, dear.” Miyu looked around. “Where is the other broom?”
 
“I remember when I was the one who asked that question.” Kanata handed her his broom. “I'm going to get the other one.”
 
“Alright.” Miyu started to sweep the leaves. When she watched Kanata walk away, she felt that she had lost something very precious. He looked back and smiled, but she only felt worse.
 
“I shouldn't be like this.” She softly patted her cheeks, but the more she thinks about it, the more she feels that she is making Kanata sadder.
 
“Am I? Am I becoming a burden to him? If so…” Miyu looked at the leaves she was sweeping.
 
“No, you're not.” Kanata suddenly appeared before her. “Even if you were a burden, I would never leave you. You know that.” He dropped his broom and hugged her. She started to cry.
 
“Kanata, I can't remember any of our most cherished moments together, what brought us together and pulled us apart. I-I don't remember faces that were so important to me… I really don't! I can't forgive myself. You show me so much love, I can't repay you…” Miyu buried her head in his shirt.
 
“No, Miyu. You're wrong. Just the fact that you are with me makes me smile. That is right, though. You don't remember… but even then you let me hug you and kiss you. You let me be a father to your child. That's more than enough for me.” Kanata let go of Miyu and wiped her tears. “You have fulfilled my dreams as a person. Thank you so much, Miyu Kouzuki.” Kanata's eyes softened.
 
“Saionji.” Miyu corrected.