Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ Who said to have a concert?! ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Ten: We'll Handle It
Daa! Daa! Daa! is really nice but I don't own it. I did this fic though.
 
“Thanks mom, that was great.” Miyu thanked her parents and she put down her bowl.
 
“You're welcome. How about you, Kanata? Is it good?” Miki glanced at Kanata.
 
“Yes it is. Thanks, Mrs. Kouzuki.” He finished his bowl and smiled.
 
“Please, Kanata. Mom.” Miki corrected.
 
“I'm sorry, mom.” Kanata looked at them. They seemed to be plotting something bad because they were looking at him like he was a criminal.
 
“Kanata, when will we see a baby?” Hoshou looked at him seriously.
 
“A baby?” Kanata gulped, his nerves quivering like a twig in a storm.
 
“Yes, a baby. Have you two done it?” Miki looked at him strangely, while Miyu was busy gobbling down some more sushi.
 
“Well, I think so, yes…” Kanata tensely answered.
 
“Yuu…Miki…” Hoshou looked at them.
 
“Miki… Hoshou…”Yuu looked at them.
 
“Yuu… Hoshou…” Miki looked at them.
 
Silence…
 
“WE'RE GONNA TO HAVE A GRANDCHILD! WE'RE GONNA TO HAVE A GRANDCHILD!” They danced around. They were so exited to know, they almost exploded. Kanata looked on as the people around him started dancing. Suddenly, he laughed.
 
“Kanata? What's the matter?” Yuu asked him, a bit disturbed by his sudden actions.
 
“It's just, if all of those bad things didn't happen, you wouldn't be dancing around right now.” They all agreed. Every one decided to sleep at the Saionji Temple tonight. That forced Miyu and Kanata to sleep in one room, one futon.
 
Kanata's Room…
 
“Miyu, you can sleep here. I'll sleep over there.” Kanata prepared the futon for Miyu to sleep on.
 
“Won't you be uncomfortable?” Miyu was worried. “Sleep here beside me. We can share.”
 
“That wouldn't be right. Maybe if…”
 
“Even if I don't remember you, or how you are in bed, doesn't change the fact that we're married. I can't just let you sleep like a dog and just lie on a warm bed. You are my husband, like it or not. And you are going to sleep here!” Miyu yelled but stopped, remembering something.
 
“Look Ruu… I'm sorry you had to see that. Kanata, I miss him. I wonder if he is looking at us right now.”
 
“You remember Ruu?”
 
“I read it in my diary. He is a baby from Planet Otto. He landed here on a small spaceship together with Wannya. He called us `mama' and `papa'. That person brought us together. I have a lot to thank him for.”
 
“…”
 
“Every night I read as much as I could. I understand most of my life here. The diary also says that he went home a long time ago. I don't know what he looks like at all. I hope he's ok.” Miyu yawned Kanata laid her back and pulled up some sheets. Miyu held his hands and told him to stay there. He lay there beside her and soon they were asleep.
 
The next day…
 
Miyu woke up feeling a little nauseous. She ran to the bathroom and shut the door. She went straight to the sink and felt like puking, but only saliva came out. She felt sick and dizzy. She fell and sat on the floor.
 
“Miyu? Are you in there?” Kanata knocked on the door and called her name. “I'm coming in.”
 
“Miyu? What happened to you?” Kanata saw her pale face.
 
“I feel sick…” Miyu tried to stand up. She fell several times.
 
“Miyu, did you drink again?” Kanata approached her. She shook her head.
 
“Maybe I ate too much last night… Ugh…” Miyu was really sick. Kanata asked permission from their parents that they would just go to the hospital. They went by taxi.
 
“It's happening.” Miki said to herself.
 
“Miki? Did you say something?” Yuu asked her. A sweat drop appeared on her head.
 
“Oh, nothing, honey! Hey, do you guys want to get something to eat?” Miki avoided the subject. They agreed anyway.
 
Heiomachi Hospital…
 
Kanata was staying in the waiting room, waiting for something to happen. Why am I in a hospital again? He would think to himself. So many things already happened to Miyu, and there's still some more to add. A different doctor came to him and explained her situation.
 
“Mr. Saionji? Husband of Mrs. Saionji?” The doctor called out and Kanata stood up.
 
“Your wife is not sick at all. She is just passing through the first few stages of maternity. I recommend that she takes a good rest and she'll be fine. And don't let her engage in too many strenuous activities.” The doctor explained. Kanata didn't get any of that.
 
“In other words…” The doctor looked behind her. Miyu walked in with her hands clasped in front of her, shyly bowing her head.
 
“I'm pregnant.” Miyu said clearly. She didn't know what his reaction would be. She was nervous, very nervous. Either it would be good or bad. It's all up to him.
 
“Miyu…” Kanata's widened, his voice shaking.
 
“I… am the happiest man in the universe!!” Kanata yelled and laughed as he lifted Miyu, twirled her around and kissed her.
 
“Kanata…!” Miyu hugged him. Kanata was so happy that he ran outside and screamed his head off.
 
“Miyu! Come on! I have to tell everybody!” He told her. He had a huge grin on his face, it was almost like the time he asked her to be his girlfriend and she accepted. She read about it and could only imagine what he looked like. She sighed and stopped. Kanata stopped and looked at her. He came closer and placed his hands on her shoulders. “Miyu?” She suddenly kissed him. Why? He would never know.
 
Saionji Temple…
 
“So, how did it go?” Hoshou asked the flushed couple.
 
“Miyu is…” Kanata looked down. Miyu looked at her parents and smiled.
 
“Kanata's going to be a father. You are going to be grandparents.” Miyu rubbed her tummy.
 
Miki, Yuu and Hoshou danced around again. This time, Kanata joins in.
 
“Wait. If I'm going to be carrying a child, how could I finish Phys. Ed.?” Miyu had a point. If her stomach became too big, she won't be able to finish the subject. And it is crucial that if she wants to finish collage, she would have to complete the whole curriculum.
 
“Hmm… that is an issue. We'll take care of it.” Miki assured them. “Right, Yuu?”
 
“S-Sure, honey. I'll get the car!” Yuu ran outside. He seemed to be afraid of his wife. It was Ok for him, though.
 
“What are you going to do, mom?” Miyu asked her.
 
“You'll see.”