Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: End of Days ❯ Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
DIGIMON: END OF DAYS
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: DIGIMON BELONGS TO TOEI AND SO DOES THE CHARACTERS. ANY OF MY IDEAS AND CHARACTERS, ETC. ARE MINE, USE OF THESE MUST HAVE MY PERMISSION (The Characters Mykan and Katanna belong to two friends of mine: thanks for letting me use them! Also Aremikmon belongs to Mykan,use of him must have his permission!)
 
NOTE: This is a characters thought when typed like this....
 
Chapter Three: Darkness
 
"RETREAT! RETREAT!" yelled a commander. Aremikmon with Mykan on his back flew over the battlefield observing his army retreat from this battle with the monster army known as the Forgotten. Mykan realized he had lost, his men slaughtered by this unknown force, one he has never met. He himself began his own retreat when Aremikmon was shot down.
"AHHH!" yelled Mykan as he and his partner plummeted into the ground. He blacked out before he hit the ground. A moment passed and his eyes opened and saw the one who commanded the enemy. "YOU! HOW DARE YOU!"
"HAHAHA! And so Mykan falls...." the man brought his sword to Mykan chest and pushed it through.
 
"AHHH!" yelled Mykan setting up in his bed. "Only a dream." He got out of bed and observed his plae face, he had been really disturbed by this dream. "Why does this damn dream haunt me..." He spalshed some water onto his face and slightly jumped when a knock came to his chamber door.
"My lord...your new strategist has arrived." spoke a human soldier. "He wishes to meet in council immediatley." Mykan grumbled. He didn't like to be bothered first thing in the morning.
"Fine, we meet in one hour." said Mykan returning the sterness in his voice.
"Yes sir." said the soldier leaving the door. Mykan returned his gaze to the mirror and frowned. Ten years of constant war fare had taken it's tole on the young warrior. He grumbled again ignoring the image in the mirror and got dressed. Today he planned on marching for another city, and without Xerxes here, Mykan knew he might actually obtain a city not a hole like Eyphan was now.
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
Four days had passed since the fall of Eyphan, and our small group finds themselves pretty much lost. The Legendary Warrior was lost, much had changed since he was sealed away from the world and he cursed himself for failing to defeat that darkness so many years ago. And now this world faces another threat from that darkness this man named Xerxes and the man named Mykan. He was lost ing thought when Tai interrupted him.
 
"I think I know were we are." said Tai pointing to a landmark, a rock shaped like a cross. "If we head west we should run into the Thalmi Kingdom. King Yamato live there, we can ask for aid."
"Are you sure?" asked Kari. "After all you and Matt had that fall out last year." Tai grumbled to himself and looked towards the ground.
"We are going anyways." said the legendary warrior. "Is Thalmi still known as the Divine City?"
"Yes." responded Kari. "Why?"
"We had a friend who live their during our time." said ExVeemon. Daisuke nodded his head in agreement. Then ExVeemon brought a necklace to his face that was hanging around his neck. "Him and his partner were very close friends to us..." Kari looked over towards the warrior and he seemed sad. She was going to ask, but she decided against it, she would wait until they arrived in Thalmi.
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
ANTEGA-Death Corpse Capital
 
"So you believe they are headed for Thalmi for aide?" asked Mykan towards his new advisor. "This could cause a problem, my forces still need to recover after the Battle of Eyphan...damn Xerxes..." The new advisor smirked at Mykan's frustration with Xerxes actions at the Battle of Eyphan.
Xerxes was right about Mykan easily becoming frustraited. The Advisor wanted to laugh aloud but stopped since it might blow his cover.
"Go and observe them, watch what they do and report back to me in two days." commanded Mykan.
"Yes milord." said the advisor as he vanished and headed for his objective. Mykan sat alone in his chamber and began thinking of how to hold off the Thalmi forces, he knew from what Xerxes had taught him, that Thalmi was a force to be feared, they were the largest and strongest Kingdom on Terrice but not the most powerful in the Digital World.
"How will I do this?" asked Mykan to himself. "If it werent for Xerxes Aremikmon would be in shape to battle!" He cursed himself for ever listening to Xerxes over and over again. "Ugh! Once my armies are ready I will march on Thalmi! I will take the Divine City! HAHAHAHA!" Mykan stood up from his throne and walked into his bedroom to rest.
 
^^^^^^^^^
Thalmi-Divine City Gate
 
Tai and his group arrived outside the city and were stopped by two Guardromon.
"HALT! WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS?" asked one of the Guardromon.
"I am King Tai of Eyphan...erm..." Tai was lost in thought.
"We are refugees from the fallen city of Eyphan, please let us through I am priestess." said Kari. The two Guardromon nodded in agreement and the two large pearly gates opened to Thalmi. Everyone stepped through the gates except Kari and Daisuke. He looked at her and smiled underneath his helmet at her cunning.
"Good job." he said walking off. She blushed a bit after he left, and she soon followed.
 
Gatomon was still asleep in ExVeemon's arms, she hadn't moved since the Battle of Eyphan and it's destruction. ExVeemon knew she was coming around as she tossed and turned, as though she was being haunted by something, maybe some dream. Her eyes soon began to open, she was dazzed for a moment and her vision soon corrected and she saw ExVeemon holding her.
"Ah, good to see your fine." said ExVeemon stopping in mid stride.
"Uh...thank-you how long have I been out?" asked Gatomon.
"Four days." responded ExVeemon.
"Have been carring me that long?" she asked. He knodded. "Oh! You can put me down now you know, your arms must be tired." He shook his head no, but she still jumped out of them and landed on the ground. "Wait this isn't Eyphan....KARI!" Gatomon frantically looked around and then she found her looking at some herbs at a cart.
"She's fine." said ExVeemon. "No this isn't Eyphan, this is Thalmi. Im sorry but your home...."
"Is gone." said Daisuke walking up with Kari, Tai, and Wargreymon. "Xerxes destroyed it." Gatomon suddenly felt a sudden urge to kill something and cry. The rush of sorrow was to much and the world went black.
"Well she's out again." said Wargreymon. ExVeemon picked Gatomon up again, they all began walking again, hoping to find some place to rest.
"KARI?!" someone yelled from behind. "IS THAT YOU?!" Kari turned around, he face went white.
"OH...it's you TK....." said Kari trying to hide her disgust. "How did you umm...survive?"
"Oh I was on my to the temple when the city was destroyed, so I went straight to my brothers kingdom hoping to find some survivors so far we are the only ones..." Daisuke stepped up next to Kari and looked over TK and laughed to himself.
Pathetic. Thought Daisuke to himself.
"Well come on, Matt is waiting for you all." TK beckoned them with a hand movement and they all followed.
 
After a short moment of walking they finally came upon the palace in which the king lived. TK walked in the main corridor followed by the others. A large door opens to reveal a large throne room adorned with gold and silver. The room was filled with armed human soldiers and digimon of many types and levels. In back was two thrones, one empty. In the other was the king of Thalmi.
"Tai?" asked the king. "Can that be you?"
"Matt what happened?" asked Tai wlaking forward.
"I heard of the destruction of Eyphan and I was worried." said Matt. "I am glad to see that at least some of you made it through the tragedy. Please make yourselves at home and rest, Tai please come with me, we need to speak about this enemy...and maybe come up with a plan." Tai nodded in agreement. As for the others they were led to another floor were they entered a room lined with beds on both sides. Wargreymon took straight for one and was quickly out. Kari laughed to see the mega level digimon fall asleep so fast. ExVeemon laid the sleeping Gatomon down on a bed for the remainder of the night. TK came up behind Kari and grabbed her hand.
"PLease come with me." said TK with a little bit of harshness in his voice.
"Sure..I guess." said Kari following TK out the room. Daisuke took note of this action and decided to follow.
"Stay here Ex..." said Daisuke exiting the room into the same direction of TK and Kari.
 
^^^^^^^^^
 
Antega--Mykan's Council Chamber
 
Random generals and sergeants lined the long table, all laboring over a map of the known area around Thalmi and it's northern mountain range. All the general's ideas were useless and ignorant. Mykan's patience had been tested long enough and to make matters worse, the army would not be ready to march for another two months.
"SHUT UP!" bellowed Mykan from his place at the front of the council table. "Continue to ready the army, I, with Aremikmon will head for Thalmi and try to purge it of the warriors there, hopefully after they are destroyed our current level of strength will be able to dethrone King Yamato." The general nodded in agreement and left the room to continue preperations for war. When they all left Mykan headed for a larger chamber behind the Council Chamber, inside was Aremikmon.
"Ready?" asked Aremikmon towards Mykan.
"When am I not?" smirked Mykan. He jumped onto Aremikmon's back and they flew out of the hole in the ceiling towards Thalmi.
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
On one of the many balconies is where TK had taken Kari. He stepped out on to it with Kari. He took a look at the sky and smiled. This was the perfect time.
"Kari..." said TK looking in her eyes. "I've been meaning to tell you for a long time...I love you." Kari's stomache turned inside out and her she wanted to puke.
"You...you...what?!" Kari tried not to laugh. Near the entrance to this balcony was Daisuke, he himself tried not to laugh.
"Kari I have always loved you." said TK becoming serious.
"I am afraid that I don't feel the same way for you..sorry." said Kari turning away, her arm was auddenly grabbed by TK and he forced her around brusing her arm. "Hey! Lemme go!" TK forced her into a kiss. She screamed in the inside. TK suddenly felt a sharp pain and realized Kari had bit his lip. He pushed her back and was about to punch her when another fist hit him in his side.
"ARGH! Who the hell....." TK turned to see Daisuke, still dressed in all of his blue armor. "Oh hell." TK got up from the ground he just recently hit and ran from the balcony. Daisuke turned and saw Kari with some tears in her eyes.
"Are you okay?" asked Daisuke.
"...thank-you." said Kari drying her tears. "Second time you have saved me."
"It's no problem." said Daisuke walking over to the edge of the balcony. Kari walked over the ledge with him and stood there looking at the stars. "I remember the battle that took place here..."
"Do you mind telling me about it?" asked Kari. "I want to know more about you, all I know is the legend and they are only partially true, I want to know what really happened those many years ago here in Thalmi."
"ok, I will tell you of one of the most darkest days in my life."
 
 
-----Battle of Thalmi (Daisuke's Memory)-----
 
The Darkness had marched it's evil army across the lands and destroyed much of this land. It's minions consumed the flesh of the living and their souls. The last human and digimon stronghold was The Divine City: Thalmi.
 
Ken was a good friend of mine and his partner was Stingmon. He had been with me since the beginning of ym battles. And on this day, The Darkness would test the strength of our friendship to the limits.
 
"CHARGE!" commanded the King of Thalmi. The soldiers ran down the mountain side and into the hordes of dark monsters. The battle was fierce, me and Ken had penetrated much of the enemy lines and worked our way to the back ranks of the army. There we faced one of the most powerful General of Darkness. Stingmon and ExVeemon combined into Imperialdramon and fought valiantly. However the General ws more powerful than we had imagined.
 
"HAHAHA!" laughed the General. "DIE SCUM!" Ken and the General crossed swords and I came up from behind trying to flank him, but I failed. "NICE TRY!" He knocked me off balance and I was knocked unconcious. Soon I woke to see Stingmon and Ken fighting off the General and they were losing.
"Ken back off!" I yelled but he didn't here me. "KEN!" Before my eyes Stingmon was vaporized, ExVeemon was knocked out, and then the next disaster happened. The General broke Ken's sword. I tried to help, but I screwed up. "RUN KEN!"
"DAVIS GET OUT OF HERE!" yelled Ken, but it was too late General's blade pierced Ken's chest and exited out the back. Blood surfaced on his clothing and poured from his mouth and the wound.
"KEEEN!" I yelled. The General laughed and pulled the sword out causing more blood to pour from the opening. He fell dead. i went into a rage and caught the General of guard and killed him without mercy. Thalmi won the day and we finally forced The Darkness back.
 
----END----
 
"Thats so sad..." said Kari. "You lost your best friend."
"That wasn't the only thing I lost." said Daisuke. "But that is another story." Kari sighed and looked over at Daisuke. He hadn't taken his helmet or any armor off for that matter, she wondered what he looked like. Daisuke caught Kari looking at him, she saw him staring back and she turned away blushing. Daisuke laughed under his helmet.
"I just realized something." said Daisuke. "You don't even know what I look like..." Daisuke slowly pulled off his blue dragon head shapped helmet. Kari thought he would look pale and disfigured but much to her surprise he was normal looking, well handsome to her. He still retained a tan complexion and brown spikey hair, he also bore one long scar down his left cheek.
"Wow...uhh I mean...." Kari stumbled over her own words trying to find them, but wasn't able to. Kari reached forward and was about to touch his scar when an explosion caught them all off guard. "What the?!" In the skies above Thalmi was none other than Aremikmon and Mykan.
 
"COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!" taunted Mykan. "DAMNED DIGIMON AND THIER PARTNERS! COME OUT HERE AND FIGHT ME!"
 
As if answering his call, from the entrance of the palace came Tai/Wargreymon, Matt/Metal Garurumon, ExVeemon, and Gatomon.
"So your the one who destroyed Eyphan?" asked Matt. Mykan gave King Matt a look of death.
"No...another was responsible for it's destruction..." responded Mykan landing on the ground, Aremikmon also taking his spot next to Mykan. "Now...shut up and fight me!" Mykan brought out his sword and Aremikmon prepared himself for battle. Suddenly from the balcony came Daisuke with Kari on his back. He landed and dropped off Kari while pulling out his own sword.
"You....destroyer of Eyphan!" Daisuke pointed at Aremikmon. "Will DIE!" As if on cue Tai and Matt followed Daisuke into battle with Mykan and Aremikmon, close behind them was their partners.
"Gatomon...you have to help them." said Kari. "Anything will help." The battle was quick, both sides delivering blows and wounds. The only ones not to tire were the digimon, Daisuke and Mykan.
"Matt...lets let them handle the rest..." said an exhausted Tai.
"Yes...of course." said Matt with a nod and exhaustion in his voice.
 
Mykan and Daisuke did not share words, only blows and strikes between blades. The same followed for the digimon. However Mykan was on his own and was slowly losing his grip and strength.
"Damn you..." said Mykan pushing himself up off the ground and wiping the blood off from his face.
"The only person damned here is you!" yelled Daisuke moving in for the final blow. However a voice stopped them both.
 
"LORD MYKAN!" yelled the adivsor appearing from the shadows. "STOP THIS AT ONCE!" Mykan and Daisuke jerked their heads towards the sound and witnessed the arrival of the advisor to Mykan.
"What are you doing here?" asked Mykan.
"Milord...you sent me here to observe...and I found what I needed...but the one I truly serve decided your time has come...he grows tired of your failure to secure a true hold onto Terrice!" bellowed the Advisor. "Kari...too bad...you should have excepted my kiss when I gave it to you..."
"...TK?...." Kari looked on in horror as the mystery man stepped out into the light and revealed himself as the one and only TK!
"Brother?!" questioned Matt in utter shock. "Why...how?"
"HAHAHA! Xerxes promised...." TK was suddenly intterupted by an enraged Mykan.
"YOU SERVE XERXES?! OF ALL THE NERVE!" Mykan consumed by rage lept forward with all of his speed with sword in hand and plunged it deep inside of TK's chest. TK stumbled back a few steps and fell to the ground. Patamon tried to help but was only to be deleted by Aremikmon.
"Milord...Xerxes...help me..." begged TK from his pool of blood. The sky suddenly flashed red and the wind picked up. "Hahahah...a...my lord arrives..." Sure enough Xerxes, the hooded man, appears next to TK's body. "Give me one more chance...milord..." Xerxes looked down at TK and frowned.
"Failure..." said Xerxes. "Your usefulness is now gone...a tool without use to me is trash...so do something right and DIE!" Xerxes held his palm out at TK's body and it was covered by black energy and before their very eyes, TK's body was turned to dust. HIs gaze suddenly fixed on Mykan. "You fool! YOU IDIOT!...."
"What the hell is the meaning of this!" asked Daisuke and Tai in unison.
"This is not your concern!" yelled Mykan. "Xerxes...we settle this here!"
"Fine by me!" Laughed Xerxes. He pulled out a sword and ran for Mykan.
Mykan met Xerxes half way and they clashed swords. Xerxes opened his palm showering Mykan with dark energy forcing Mykan towards the other side of the palace and through a wall. Xerxes pursued, but was intercepted by Aremikmon. "MOVE!" An invisible force suddenly threw Aremikmon out of the way into another wall of the palace. Xerxes laughed as Mykan emerged, hurt and bleeding, from the rubble.
"Xerxes you will die!" yelled Mykan.
"Not unless you die first!" Xerxes held his hand towards the sky, the clouds turned black and began swirling around causing some of the ground to break away. Daiksuke decided it was time to interveine, he ran forward only to meet an invisible wall.
"Damnit...." cursed Daiksuke under his breath.
"MYKAN! THE GODS OF HEAVEN WISH YOU DEAD! YOUR FALL WILL MARK MY RISE!" laughed Xerxes. "HEAVEN'S CONTRACT!" The Heavens seemed to open and launch a white beam of energy, all seemed over when it hit Mykan's location. Everyone gasped, but when the smoke cleared, Aremikmon had taken the full blast. "Oh well..." Xerxes laughed, he knew even though Mykan was still alive he had won.
"You..win..." said Mykan under his breath. "Take Death Corpse..."
"You fool! Do you honestly think that's what I was after?!" asked Xerxes with laughter in his voice. Mykan was shocked to hear that Xerxes wanted something else. "I WANT YOUR DARK SOUL! DARK BANISHMENT!" A vortext appeared and Mykan suddenly felt weak, he fell to his knees as pain suddenly surged through his entire body causing his to scream out. The others tried to break Xerxes barrier, but nothing worked. "YOUR DARK POWER IS MINE!" Mykan's vision suddenly became hazey, before he passed out he saw something black emerge from his body, and then he was out.
"What the hell?!" querried ExVeemon.
"Dark Soul?" asked Wargreymon. Xerxes turned his head towards the others, and the barrier seemed to explode like a bomb sending everyone near it away.
"Please when Mykan awakens from his sleep...tell him I thank him for the Army and his dark powers!" Xerxes floated torwards the sky and vanished in a flash of red. Everyone was stunned at the sudden turn of events. First it was a battle with Mykan and then a shocking reveal of TK working for Xerxes and then the betrayal by Xerxes by killing his own man and then attacking Mykan defeating Aremikmon without a digimon. How weird they all thought. Time seemed to have frozen as the sun broke the horizon...
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
--Somewhere on another continent in the Digital World--
 
"So I am going to Terrice?" asked the younf woman dressed in purple robes.
"Yes, once there your mission is to locate the one named Kari." said another dressed in white robes. "Work hard and fast for The Trinity waits for none."
"Yes Lady Callis for The Trinity and the safety of the Digital World." Soon the boat moved off from shore along with the yound woman and a digimon.
"May the Digi-Gods bless you Katanna..." the one named Lady Callis turned away from the shores and went into the temple behind.
 
 
 
A/N: Well this whole chapter just gets you thinking? What is the Dark Soul? What is Xerxes's plan of action. Who or what is The Trinity and who is Katanna and Callis? All to answered in the soming chapters!
NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!
 
CHAPTER FOUR: The Four Towers and it's Keepers