Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: End of Days ❯ Leaders of Death Corpse and the Prophecy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Digimon: End of Days
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: DIGIMON BELONGS TO TOEI AND SO DOES THE CHARACTERS. ANY OF MY IDEAS AND CHARACTERS, ETC. ARE MINE, USE OF THESE MUST HAVE MY PROMOSION (The Characters Mykan and Katanna belong to two friends of mine: thanks for letting me use them! Also Aremikmon belongs to Mykan,use of him must have his permission!)
 
 
 
Chapter Two: Leaders of Death Corpse and the Prophecy
 
"CHARGE!" yelled a commanding digimon officer from the Eyphan Royal Army. The men below his rank follwed his cammdns and began to charge forward to the monsterous Death Corpse Army. From the back, Xerxes glanced over at Mykan.
 
"Mykan as your military advisor, I suggest we prepare for their attack and wait out for a moment, this will let their momentum drop considerably." Xerxes pointed out towards the approaching Eyphan Army. "Mykan? Are you listening to me?" Mykan eyed the current battlefield and the surroundings, he saw that he had the advantage as of now, him attacking now would force them to retreat. Mykan turned his eyes towards Xerxes and smirked.
"I am listening, it's just I disagree with your strategy...I have the advantage and I will not allow this moment to plass me by again!" Mykan yelled and as if he could understand Mykan, Aremikmon flew forward at full speed signaling the army to meet the enemy head on. The digimon moster slowed down and resumed it's distance for the leaders to watch. Across the battlefield Tai was expecting this sort of action by Death Corpse.
 
"Wargreymon...signal the ambush troops." commanded Tai. Wargreymon held one arm into the air and brought it down like a command, and both looked forward to see if their plan would work. Xerxes of course knew this was going to happen.
 
"YOU FOOL!" yelled Xerxes. "You have fallen into his trap again!" Mykan looked down at the battlefield in disbelief, thirty squads, each consisting of one thousand digimon and human warriors, destoryed by this ambush. He looked over at the aggitated Xerxes.
"We will do it your way Xerxes." said Mykan, kinda of down for misjudging his opponent. Xerxes smiled deviously.
"Good, the mind will always vanquish the sword....hahaha..." Xerxes held his hand to the sky and a barraged of lightning forced the approaching Eyphan Army to take cover. Xerxes then blew a horn signaling a 'retreat'. Mykan realized what Xerxes had done and got up to choke the life out of Xerxes. "Before you try to kill me Mykan, observe, that brash leader Tai, will of course send half of his army to pursue, we will wait in ambush and wipe out his forces, watch and learn Mykan, strategy it always the best policy in situation where brute force cannot win." Mykan stopped for a moment and decided to watch. And as Xerxes predicted, Tai launched his front half of the Eyphan Royal Army to pursue Death Corpse.
 
Mykan watched in awe as Tai's forces were crushed by the ambush troops Xerxes had placed an hour before the battle began. He looked over at Xerxes and smiled.
"You devious devil..." said Mykan. "I would hate it if you were on his side!"
"Glad you finally see my talents are not such a waste, now If I may suggest this is where you step in...brute force faces a smaller weakened force, I predict a win today." Mykan laugh wickedly and commanded Aremikmon to fly forward leading his Army into battle once again.
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
Back at the temple...
 
"Are you...Daisuke...?" asked a nervous Kari.
"Yes I am and I thankyou again for freeing us. What is your name?" The warrior of legend helped Kari to her feat, she blushed a bit when he did so.
"My name is...Kari..." she blushed again looking at the ground. Gatomon at this time was observing the other 'unknown' digimon. She kept on trying to get a good look at him, but he was still standing in the shadows.
"Hey! Are you ever gonna come out?!" asked an impatiant Gatomon.
"Gatomon, don't be rude." said Kari. Daisuke turned his head and nodded yes, and the 'unknown' digimon stepped out into the light of the temple. It was ExVeemon (who else where you expecting? lol) and the sight of him took Gatomon's breath away.
"Wow...." said Gatomon staring at the blue digimon. ExVeemon looked over at Kari and Daisuke..
"...one of his agents are here..." said ExVeemon. Daisuke turned around and looked out the door of the temple and thats when the reality of what is going on kicked in. "....he's approaching..."
"Madam...I think it is better that you leave now..." said the warrior in blue armor.
"But thats my brother out there fighting against Death Corpse, I cannot leave until he is safe! I will not leave!" yelled Kari.
"If you wish on staying then your going to have to fight." said Daisuke with a serious tone. Kari looked at the ground and felt bad inside, she is a priestess, they are not taught in the ways of battle, only healing. What was she going to do?
 
^^^^^^^^
 
"Lord Tai, the forces we sent in persuit have been destoryed." said a human commander.
"Sir, the left flank is buckeling, they request reinforcements from the right or rear flanks." announced a digimon commander. Tai wanted to rip his hair out, he was losing this time, Death Corpse had that damned military strategist, Xerxes, and all Tai had was one compitent commander, Wargreymon, his own partner.
"I will send reinforcements from the center." said Tai. "And for the persuit force, reinforce the front and prepare to be on the defensive until the enemy tires themselves out. All we need to do know is wait...and hope they will wear down before long." Tai looked over at Wargreymon and he even had a worried lok on his face. This battle was not going in his favour.
 
^^^^^^^^^
 
Xerxes and Mykan were enjoying the destruction below, and Aremikmon was also enjoying this. The purse chaos in the battlefields was glorious and this was because of Xerxes last minute strategy to pull a false retreat and lead the enemy into a large ambush.
Aremikmon swooped down and launched a few attacks, succesfully destroying a couple of unit before pulling back into the sky again.
"Mykan I sense something." spoke the large digimon.
"What is it?"asked Mykan.
"Two powers are emitting from that temple over in the distance." said Aremikmon pointing a arm over to the partially hidden temple. "Should we check it out?"
"Hmmm." Mykan thought on it for a moment.
"Mykan if I may, drop me off with a few squads and I will see to this matter, such feats as these shouldn't tear you away from the heat of battle, and besides you must confront Lord Tai, beat him and the throne to Eyphan will be yours." explained Xerxes with a grin on his face.
"Your right again Xerxes." said Mykan. "Take us to the temple Aremikmon."
Flying quickly, the soon arrived about 500 feet from the temple courtyard. Near the place was a squad of about 25 digimon ready for this task. Xerxes got off Aremikmon with a little help from the giant digimon.
"I will handle this Mykan." said Xerxes. "Good luck on defeating Tai." Mykan nodded and flew off into the battlefield to find Tai. Xerxes then focused his ever watchful gaze onto the temple entrance.
"SOs this is the legendary warriors temple? His is awake, yet his power has not been fully restored...good." Xerxes began walking in accompanied by the digimon squad.
 
^^^^^^^^
 
It didnt take Aremikmon long to find Tai and Wargreymon, since they praticully drew attention to them selves. Tai looks up in time to see Aremikmon drop off Mykan.
"Wargreymon, think you can handle the monster?" asked Tai.
"Sure thing." said Wargreymon taking to the air after Aremikmon.
"Good, I have a score to settle with this loser." said Tai pulling out a sword from it's sheath. He ran down through some of his own troops and some of the enemies. Mykan saw this coming and pulled out his own sword, this was a claymore, Tai uses a battle sword. Mykan then also ran forward bringing this massive sword up to prepare an attack, and as Tai came down, they both clashed swords making sparks, both of them stared back at each other with anger on their faces.
"You lose Tai..."said Mykan pushing hard.
"I will not give up!" yelled Tai pushing back against Mykan, soon they broke free and started slashing at each other, blades always hitting. The strength that Mykan had to wield such a large sword with ease astounded Tai. They smaked blades again so hard making them both lose balance. "Your good, I give you that much."
"You are too." said Mykan. "Too bad your talents are going to waste...you would have done well in Death Corpse!" Tai's eyes lit like fire and he yelled.
"I WILL NOT JOIN SOME MONSTER LIKE YOU! YOUR KILLING ALL THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE! FOR WHAT!? FOR SOME DIRT?!" Tai's words were heard and taken to heart, but it was too late for Mykan to turn back now, deep inside he wishes that he had never started this crusade. But he is a firm believer in finish what you have started. Mykan shook the thought from his head and ran straight for Tai and once again the duel continued.
 
In the sky however Wargreymon and Aremikmon shared no such words. They only continued to attack each other, with neither slowing down. Wargreymon had already come to the fact that Aremikmon did have an advantage, he was made up of numerous armor digimon. Giving him all these different powers. The sheer might of Aremikmon was now seen. With the body of Submarimon, the legs of Raidramon, the head of Flamedramon, wings of Peagusesmon, Nefertimon, and Halseymon. And the arms of Shurimon and Digmon. This was one compicated monster of a digimon. But this did not stop Wargreymon's assault.
On the other hand Aremikmon had found out a few things about himself, Wargreymon might be alot smaller, but that was Wargreymon's advantage, he could easily dodge most of Aremikmon's attacks. As for Aremikmon himself, his large body was like a large sitting target that was screaming: HIT ME HIT ME! But none of this mattered at the moment. Wargreymon had taken the advantage and struck Aremikmon in the face sending him to the ground, breaking the ground open. Wargreymon landed knowning this was far from over.
 
Mykan had witnessed the falling of Aremikmon and made a mad dash for his digimon's side, he managed to leap over enemy and fellow troops with ease. Even with the chaos of the surrounding battlefield, he was still able to keep his goal in mind, which had changed, now it was help his partner not fight Tai.
 
^^^^^^^^^
 
In the temple things were not so good, Daisuke had crushed Kari's hopes of helping her brother in the fight against Death Corpse.
"I see..." said Daisuke under his breath, he didn't realize it before, but now he saw that Kari was a priestess, and a beautiful one at that. "You have helped your brother in so many ways right now...you restored me and now please leave and return to the safety of your home, I will handle things here..." he suddenly stopped when he heard a clapping of hands. He turned sharply to see a man red robes standing there accopanied by 25 digimon, mostly champion level, and one Ultimate level.
"Brava....Brava...." said the man.
"It's...it's him! Death Corpse Military Strategist! Xerxes!" yelled Kari in fear.
"Glad that you know my name...oh dear...it is you...the sister of Lord Tai...to bad for him his death by the hands of Mykan will be swift." Xerxes laughed taking a step towards Kari, but was stopped by Daisuke placing himself between them.
"Just stay behind me." said Daiksuke looking over his shoulder to Kari. "Everything will be fine."
"Of course everything will be fine...HAHAHAHA! Get the fools!" commanded Xerxes. 24 digimon ran forward at Daisuke.
"V-LASER!" The attack landed infront and deleted some of the digimon. "Let the digimon fight me." said ExVeemon pointing towards himself. The 10 remaining (including the ultimate) turned their attention towards ExVeemon and began their attack. "Daisuke! Get him! Thats one of 'his' agents!" Xerxes began laughing and brought out a small sword made for parrying.
"Let us get this over with!" commanded Xerxes. Daisuke complied and ran forward and began attacking Xerxes. This sudden rush surprised the military genious and he quickly took some steps back in order to block all of the furious slashes from Daisuke.
Kari watched the events of this battle unfold. She was shocked to see someone actually making Xerxes falter in a duel. The last person that did that died quickly, that person was her father that died at Xerxes blade. Gatomon was next to her and saw the pain in Kari's eyes as the battle progressed.
 
Daisuke was proving to be more than a match for Xerxes at this time. One, Xerxes misjudged his foe, he had no idea the legendary warrior was so powerful. Two, Xerxes had no power over darkness in this temple. Xerxes was outmatched this time, in strength.
"I must say Daisuke..." said Xerxes defending from an attack. "Your a wonderful opponent...too bad...Mykan will prevail...HAHAHA!"
"What do you mean?!" asked Daisuke trying to break through Xerxes defense.
"The Prophecy has begun!" laughed Xerxes. He let his guard down long enough for long enough for Daisuke to get a hit on Xerxes arm, causing him to stumble back holding it in pain. "DAMN YOU!" The whole temple began to shake and this worried Daisuke. He turned around and saw the last digimon fall to ExVeemon and signaled him for retreat.
"We will meet again Xerxes and you wont escape." said Daisuke running over to help Kari up. "We need to get out of here." He helped Kari to her feet. He realized she was dazed and unable to walk. "Here get on my back." With ExVeemon's help they put Kari on Daisuke's back and ExVeemon picked up Gatomon as they ran from the collapsing temple.
 
The situation on the outside was not any better. Aremikmon was up again and fighting well against Wargreymon this time. And near them was Tai and Mykan still crossing blades. And as hope was dimming, Xerxes appeared from the rubble of the temple unharmed. He looked cross and he floated to the sky.
"That idiot Mykan has not complete his job. I guess it's high time I take control of this battle!" Xerxes's eyes glowed and everyone noticed Aremikmon was acting weird. Mykan and Tai also took notice.
"What the hell?" questioned Tai "He's...." he looked over and saw were he was going to fly towards, Eyphan City. "Going to kill everyone." Mykan knew of one person who could control Aremikmon through magic.
"Xerxes..." Mykan looked to the sky and sure enough there was Xerxes. "DAMN YOU! STAY OUT OF MY FIGHT!" But Xerxes was too far off to hear him.
 
Daisuke put Kari down and floated towards Xerxes with ExVeemon close behind.
"Stop this now Xerxes!" commanded Daisuke.
"NEvEr!!!" his voice was distorted. He held his hand towards the sky. "wAtcH aS ThE proPhOceY bEcOmEs fullFILLED!" In the distance Aremikmon began to glow. "NOW'S THE TIME! THE FALL OF EYPHAN! USE MAGNA EXPLOSION!" Aremikmon began to glow brighter and brighter, there was no stopping this power "HAHAHA! You fool! Mykan is my pawn! Once this is done, it will almost be time for Mykan's life to come to an end! I WILL RULE THIS WORLD ALONG SIDE MY OLD MASTER! HAHAHA! AS IN THE PROPHECY: THE FALL OF A KINGDOM WILL MARK THE END OF DAYS! THE REVIVAL OF THE DARK GODS WILL BEGIN! HAHAHAHA!" With him ending his sentence Magna Explosion finished and in a brilliant light...Eyphan was nothing more than a whole in the ground...all those people dead...the only ones to survive would be those outside the city...and the only ones alive was Tai, Wargreymon, Daisuke, ExVeemon, Kari, and Gatomon. As for Death Corpse...during the great light, they all vanished and returned to Antega.
 
Kari regained her sense and walked over a hill expecting to see her home...But only ash was there.
"My..home..." she fell to her knees and began crying. "It's all gone...gone...TAI!" She screamed and began to cry more. Thats when she heard a gruff voice...Wargreymon.
"Kari..." he said weakly. "Tai is fine.." Over his shoulder was an unconcious Tai. She then looked around for Gatomon.
"Gatomon?" questioned Kari.
"Here she is." said ExVeemon floating down from the sky along with Daisuke. Gatomon was still out of it.
"Thank-you." said Kari as more tears began to surface. Daisuke stood there, his heart died. Along with all those who died in Eyphan.
"All those innocent people dead..." said Daiksuke under his breath.
^^^^^^^^^
 
 
Antega Castle...
 
Mykan stormed into the throne room. Extremely ticked off.
"XERXES!" he yelled.
"Yes Mykan." said Xerxes appearing from the shadows.
"What the hell happened back there?!" asked Mykan in a much calmer tone. "What ever happened to you plan?!"
"Well Mykan..for one you failed in taking out Tai in an effective amount of time..." explained Xerxes calmly.
"Yyou killed all those people!" he yelled at Xerxes again. Xerxes suddenly became furious.
"SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN MYKAN!" yelled Xerxes. Mykan was completely shocked at Xerxes bold move. "Your heart is soft, innocents such as those scum in Eyphan would have only caused you problems even after your take over, there would have been numerous rebellions! BECAUSE OF YOUR IGNORANT HESISTATION I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DESTROY EYPHAN! THIS IS ALL ON YOU!" Mykan kept his composure.
"Remove him from my sight." commanded Mykan to some digimon guards.
"What?! Your firing me?" questioned Xerxes.
"I said remove him from my sight! Xerxes never come back to Antega! Leave here and never return!" yelled Mykan. Some guards grabbed ahold of Xerxes arms, yet he jerked them free.
"Fine by me...Mykan...but I warn you...you will fall because of this...your end will come and I will be watching from the shadows as you fall dead...." Xerxes left with that last bit of information. Mykan commanded everyone to leave him for now, he needed rest.
 
OUTSIDE Antega Castle...
 
Xerxes laughed to himself as he exited the castle and the city. Outside of it's walls a person appeared behind him.
"My lord...your plan is ruined." said the shadowy figure.
"Only a minor set back...hahahaha." said Xerxes with laughter of evil. "The Prophecy is set in complete motion...and soon I will have my way....soon....I have a mission for you...join Mykan as his new strategist and watch his moves...and when the time is right...I will strike down this useless pawn....HAHAHAHA!"
"Yes milord...." the figure vanished.
"Nothing but pawns they are in my game..." laughed Xerxes. "And now I watch and wait...for my time will arise again and for some reason I think it will be very soon....HAHAHA!" Xerxes suddenly vanished in thin air.
 
 
 
A/N: Well sorry it took so long, many things went wrong,(HEHE Mykan knows), This will be redone.edited later, it's really rushed and you can tell if you compare it to a chapter I took my time on. Sorry for the many mistakes. Anyways..please review this, give me some pointers if you must, if it something long please conatct via email: darth_heretic01@hotmail.com
NEXT CHAPTER: Chapter Three: Darkness
 
 
-I would like to thank a few people right now:
 
Mykan (an author on Media, read his stories they are awesome)= For all the help you have given me! And some of the inspiration for DIGIMON: Revelations! Thanks!
 
invaderkenny (another Media author, his artwork and stories deserve high praise too)=For the help you have also given and the reviews. Thanks!
 
matn90 (a media author: read his stories! They teh awesomness!)=Your work: Legend of Dragoon inspired most of this story, so thanks for the inspiration (no I am not stealing anything fom it...I dont steal)
 
Katanna Vaughn (a very good poet, and my rival on AllPoetry! jk)= thanks for your support and the times in Jones, they inspired some events in both stories!
 
**Sorry if I forgot anyone! But if I did: THANKS!