Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: Revelations ❯ Dream's Final Nightmare ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon: Revelations
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
 
DISCLAIMER: Digimon is owned by Toei. Any use of the authors character, places, or ideas, must be confirmed by me the author.
 
 
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
 
 
DREAM'S FINAL NIGHTMARE
 
 
 
 
-Digital Abyss-
 
A seemingly endless zone of chaos lay before the Destined. The Digital Abyss was the Hell for the Digital World and the place where darkness reigned. The final destination stood before the Destined, it was so close and yet for some reason, the victory seemed so far away.
 
"So...this is it." said Tai looking over the chaotic landscape. Everyone nodded in agreement, this was it, the final battle ground. Before anyone could get ready to head for the Tower, a bright light appeared from the bottom of the black mist that covered the bottom of the Abyss.
 
"GET THEM MY CHILDREN!" bellowed the voice of Dream from within her tower. Thousands of Black digimon surfaced from mist and began their assault. Omnimon and Imperialdramon fought off the waves of Black digimon, however the supply seemed endless.
 
"Damn!" cursed Davis.
 
"I think we are going to have to split up." announced Aiden. "One team stay here and hold off the enemy while the other goes to fight Dream." without further question, Davis, Aiden, Ken, and Kari headed off to the tower with their partners. Black Wargreymon X flew over the Abyss with Aiden in his arms looking around as they passed each floating chunck of land. Each piece of land looked like a graveyard, covered with markers and mossollieums. Soon the tower grew larger as they approached their target, nothing could stand in their way.
 
"Positron Laser" Imperialdramon's attack hit the massive doors of the tower, blowing them away and making and entrance for the Destined. Upon entering, the elegance of the tower shocked the Destined. How could something so evil contain so much beauty. This realm was becoming more odd as they traveled upwards through the spiraling stair case.
 
*****
 
-Tower of Dispair: Throne Room-
 
The room itself was dark and silent as the Destined entered the throne room of Queen Dream of the Digital Abyss. Once everyone entered the throne room, the door behind them slammed shut and a symbol appeared on the door, sealing it.
 
"Welcome Destined..." Dream got up from her throne walking into the dimly lit room.
 
"Dream this is the end of your reign!" yelled Davis. However Dream laughed at the boys attempt to be brave.
 
"Your attempts are in vain dear boy!" laughed Dream. WIthout wasting another second Dream fired off a volley of energy attacks, the digimon grabbed their partners, getting them out of harms way, then they launched their offensive.
 
"Poseidon Destroyer!" Black Wargreymon X launched his attack, and yet it was countered by Dream's barrier. "Damn..."
 
"FOOL!" Dream launched another volley, showering onto Angewomon. ExVeemon rushed to her aide and fired his attack, deflecting a small portion of Dream's attack.
 
"Angewomon are you okay?" asked ExVeemon helping her up. Angewomon nodded and the prepared to fight again. "Good...lets finish this!" Dream looked at them with disgust and she launched off a barrage of green energy. Black Wargreymon X ignored the pain surging through his body and continued to fly straight at Dream, when he arrived he punched Dream sending her into a wall of the tower. Dream got up cursing, she looked behind her at the large clock and smiled, it was time.
 
"RETURN TO ME OBLIVIOMON!" Dream laughed as she saw fear wash over the group infront of her.
 
"No! We destroyed him!" yelled Aiden. Dream ignored Aiden's comment and the portal appeared, and from within Oblivimon arrived, the Destined wasted no time in attacking. First Stingmon and Black Wargreymon X attacked, knocking the demon digimon into the wall above Dream. In a desperated gambit, Obliviomon attacked with it's barbed tentacles, smacking at whatever came near, causing the tower to shake. Dream was angered, if this continued something would happen to her because of Obliviomon's recklessness, her fears would be confirmed as the sound of metal snapping was heard.
 
"What the hell?" Dream looked up and fear consumed her, the large hour hand on the clock broke off and piered straight through Obliviomon's oval body. "NO!" Oblivimon let out a howl of pain and it plummeted downwards, Dream was too late to react. "DAMN IT! THIS CANNOT...." She didn't get the chance to finish as the body of Obliviomon crushed her.
 
"We did it..." said Kari.
 
"It was more like Oblivimon did it." said Ken with a smile. That quickly faded as the tower began to shake. "We need to get out of here!" ExVeemon blasted a hole in one of the walls and the digimon grabbed their partners, flying out of the tower. Aiden and Davis watched the tower collapse onto Dream, marking her grave.
 
There was more victory to be shared as the others landed on the largest piece of floating land. Tai's group defeated all of the Black digimon, and of course the exhausted looks on the digimon were very apparent.
 
"I can't believe it's over..." said Mimi glancing over at the ruins of the tower.
 
"It was almost to....easy." added Cody. Everyone had a sour look on their face, it was almost to easy. Shrugging off the thought Aiden prepared to open the portal again, yet a feeling set in, they were being watched. Aiden looked back over at the ruined tower, the rubble moved, and distorted voice bellowed from the grave of Dream.
 
"I WILL NOT...LOSE TO...SOME CHILDREN!" Large purple tentacles shot out from the rubble, some attaching themselves to the floating land masses, and some fusing to the "sky" of the Digital Abyss. The rubble suddenly exploded and revealed a monstrous form. It was a deep purple color with many tentacles on it's mishapen body, through the main part was the large clock hand the pierced Obliviomon. It had four eyes, and two mouths filled with razor shapr teeth. "I AM...FUSED WITH OBLIVIMON! I AM NO LONGER DREAM! I AM...NIGHTMARE!"
 
Wargreymon and Metal Garurmon DNA digivolved and went in to attack this new monster, however they were weak and when they got hit by one of Nightmare's tentacles they quickly reverted to their rookie forms, and hit the ground. Nightmare then opened both of it's mouths, firing two beams of black energy, destroying parts of the Abyss. The four eyes began to glow, and from them came a barrage of purple energy sphere's and they exploded on impact, hitting the chunk of land the Destined were standing on. Aiden got up and looked around, only ExVeemon and Black Wargreymon X were still fighting.
 
"This...this can't be...were losing." said Aiden. "I won't let Nightmare go on any longer." Aiden closed his eyes and made contact with Devil and made the final agreement. When he opened his eyes, he turned and opened a portal to the Digital World. "Everyone go!" Some of the Destined quickly got up and ran through, only Davis, ExVeemon, Black Wargeymon X, and Aiden stayed behind. "Davis! Go now!"
 
"We have to defeat her!" yelled Davis over some explosions.
 
"Yes we do, but not at the cost of your life! Not at your or my partners lives either!" Aiden looked at Black Wargreymon X, who was looking back confused. "Sorry..." Aiden fired a energy blast at Black Wargreymon X and ExVeemon truning them back into their rookie forms.
"What are you doing Aiden?" asked Davis picking up Veemon. Aiden walked over to Davis and gave his brother a hug.
 
"Only one of needs to die..." said Aiden. "I alone posses the power to defeat Nightmare...Davis...thanks for being a great brother...please take care of Black for me..." Davis looked confused and yet he understood everything. He was going to protest, but Aiden used some of his dark power to throw Davis, Veemon, and Black Agumon X through the portal.
 
"AIDEN!" yelled Davis as he vanished through the portal, and then the portal collapsed. Aiden smiled knowing that they were all safe now. He whispered to himself and looked at his enemy, Nightmare.
 
"Nightmare! I am going to kill you here and now!" yelled Aiden glowing all over. Suddenly he began to take the shape of Devil, yet this time it more of Devil than Aiden. Instead of two bone wings, one was covered in black feathers, the mask now covered his entire face, his left arm became covered in armor, and a large sword apperead in his hand, as the final part, Aiden's hair turned completely blood red and stretched down to his waste. "THIS IS YOUR FINAL NIGHTMARE!" Devil Aiden flew into the sky, slicing through the oncoming tentacles, and deflecting the energy blasts. Nightmare let out a scream of pain as Devil Aiden cut through and deep into the purple skin. "Just to let you know Nightmare, we both are going to die today." Devil Aiden held his sword towards the sky and black energy swirled around his entire body.
 
"NO!!!" yelled Nightmare trying to hit Devil Aiden only for her tentacles to be vaporized by the energy around Devil Aiden.
 
"RAGNAROK!" Devil Aiden let out his most powerful attack, and the lights from Heaven and the fires from Hell exploded into the Digital Abyss, the lands vaporized instantly, then Nightmare began to dissolve and Devil Aiden felt his life slip away as he used his soul as a bridge for that power of ultimate destruction, destroying him from the inside. And in a brilliant flash of light the Digital Abyss, Nightmare, and Devil Aiden were gone.
 
*****
 
In the Digital World, Davis cursed as tears fell from his face, and the others joined him in his sorrow, they all felt Aiden's life slip away, and yet they knew Nightmare had been defeated. It was the end of the Devil Children, the end of the darkness that consumed the Digital World and Real World. This day would not be forgotten, no, this whole adventure would never be forgotten. No one would forget the people they met, the enemies they fought, the friends they made...and the long lost brother that was found. No one dared forget this, no one would forget the sacrifice of so many, and as the sun breaks over the horizon, dissolving the remains of yesterday, a new day begins...and so does a new adventure.
 
 
A/N: Ok here it is, this final chapter...it about killed me to kill Aiden >_< I hope you enjoyed the story I have created, and to let you know, its not over...not in the least. And to let you know, here is the next title. (Yeah the ending is corny and short, so get over it)
 
DIGIMON: KHAOS--Thats all you need to know for now!
 
-I would also like to thank everyone that has supported me in this story, and read it through and those who helped me numerous times. Thanks to those few.