Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire From the Moon ❯ Once it starts... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Digital Simulation begin."

*bleep*

A projection displayed across the clearing, and the others dove into battle with the flickeringly transparent opponents. One lone creature stood in the midst of it all, ignoring the simulation enemies as they rushed at and around him, watching out of the corner of his eye as members of the army stopped them before they got too close. He watched other members finish off the rest of their computerized enemies. He watched as the last digitized adversary was skewered and died a death of vanishment then leapt down and retrieved his necklace from the simulator. He frowned at the army, which bowed as he turned to confront them.

"That was PITIFUL. The master will NOT like this report. I suggest you practice with each other while I'm gone," he hissed at the group, which cringed visibly at his criticism, but nodded. Immediately, he disappeared, leaving the army to practice against each other.

He appeared again in a large room. Dark and damp, it was the perfect home to the creature it housed. His cape swayed lightly as he marched up to the throne at the other end of the room, head held high, sword tucked away. Upon reaching the throne, he dropped to his knee, bowing, blood red eyes remaining wide open.

"Master," he hissed, "The troops are failing. They are not agile - they will have no defense against the six digital warriors." He did not blink, but whipped his head up to look at his master.

"Lord Minnamon, do you know the legend of the Six Digital Warriors?" the dark figure asked in a deep, throaty voice. Minnamon blinked, keeping his stony mask of a face clear of facial expressions that might give his thoughts away. Not that it mattered to his Master, who could delve into his thoughts anytime he very well pleased to. "It is said, by those who wrote the ancient texts of the digital heroes, that six digimon and six humans," he said the word with disgust, like one who had bitten into an unripe fruit, "will merge together, and subdue the evil of this world-contain it within barriers." He moved his hands as he spoke, in sharp, swift gestures. "I do not want to be caged. I will not be caged. We must stop them."

Minnamon nodded, still unblinking. He stood up, and bowed at the waist, wishing silently that he would be allowed to once again walk on all fours - but then he couldn't use his sword. He turned on his heels and marched down to the end of the room before snapping his fingers and dissapearing again.

"Do you know what will happen if he finds out who he really is?" the Master asked slowly. A figure descended from the shadows above, neglecting the manners to bow, but nodded. "Follow him forever, Dacomon. Follow him until the ends of time, and make sure he does not betray us. I will not be caged."

~*~*~

A yawn. A stretch.

The young woman sighed loudly and flopped heavily back down on her computer chair. How many years had it been - seven? Eight? Yet she still hadn't found out where they had cast the Deago…She sighed again, this time forlornly. She would go back to her past, and she would find out where he was…somehow…

She leaned forward and stared crokedly at the computer. Now..how to go about getting back…

She pulled out a device from a drawer next to her computer and looked at it. It was unlike any other digivice she had seen before, but it was, undoubtedly, a digivice.

On a whim, she thought of something. I wonder…She held it up to the computer, the moniter reflecting light onto it, illuminating the small screen. Then she shouted a few lines she had memorized from when she was younger - "Digital gate, obey my commands, and grant me the power to fix what need be!"

A bright, golden light erupted from the monitro, engulfing her, casting shadows around the room. Then she was gone.

~*~*~

"GAAAAAAAH! COME BACK HERE, KRYSTLE!"

Two teens tore around the corner of 32nd and North, right near the movie theater. One, a tall girl with waist-long blonde hair held back by a scarlet kerchief, was being chased by a shorter girl with the kind of baggy pants that make falling down an everyday activity and a short tee. The blonde, Krystle, appeared to be carrying something - a piece of paper? And if one were to look from any of the bystanders' point of view, it would seem that she was cackling with laughter. She turned down an alleyway, hoping to lose her pursuer, yet when she turned around; it was apparent that her plan (as usual) had failed.

"Kira," She enquired, attempting (and failing horribly) to look more or less innocent,

"Who IS Kain?"

"Don't call me `Kira!' And gimme that!" Barely finishing her words, she jump-tackled the blonde, pushing her to the ground, nearly causing her to hit her head on a wall. The blonde groaned as the girl ripped the paper from her hands.

"You baka! I told you, he's just one of my camp friends!"

"JUST a friend?" Krystle asked, nudging the other's girl in the ribs. The other girl sweat-dropped, then smacked Krystle upside the head.

"Please, contain your sick thoughts to yourself, Krystle…"

"Awww…but tormenting `the poor defenseless Naki' is so much fun!" This earned another smack. "Besides, I thought you said you WANTED a boyfriend-and you gotta start somewhere, so EXCUSE me if I misinterpreted your carrying around the picture of some guy I don't know," She says as she peers over Naki's shoulder at the picture, "some HOT guy I don't know at that…"

Naki rolled her eyes and sighed, then got up, and helped Krystle off the ground, "Come on, we're gonna be late to the party…"

"Is KANE coming?" Krystle asked mischievously.

"Don't scare any other poor defenseless people, Krys…"

"Oh, but it's so much fun!" She clapped her hands together wildly, looking quite insane.

Off the ground, the picture of Kane safely tucked away deep in one of Naki's back pockets, the two finally had a chance to look at their surroundings. At the same time, they both saw a small piece of machinery at their feet.

"Nani…?"

"Na! When did THIS get here? It looks like a digivice…" Naki said, picking it up. "But why would any digivice be here?" There was a sudden sound from behind the wall that ended the alleyway, and caught the attention of both girls. Suddenly, a small, gray, wolf-like creature bounded over the wall, and landed on Naki's chest, knocking her back on the ground.

"NAAAAAAAKIIIIIII!" It cheered in a high pitched, feminine voice, cuddling the disgruntled Naki.

"AIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!" Shrieked Naki, before she saw the manner of creature before her, "-M-M-M-Mannamon?!" Shock and amazement were apparent on her face. "How did…how did you get here? I thought I just made you up!"

"No silly! I exist, I'm alive - I'm alive, and I need your help, well, WE need your help, but…WOW!!! Finally - I thought this baka link would never lead me to you!"

Naki blinked. "Link...? Like the link I imagined..?"

"Yeah, like, this one!" Suddenly, the flamboyant, bouncy Mannamon became serious, dark thoughts filling her mind. Naki felt a wave of hate and dislike strike her. But just as suddenly, Mannamon was back to her normal, nearly hyper, self, and the dark wave dispersed from Naki's mind.

"How the…how'd you…?"

"We share a special link! I feel whatever you feel, Naki-chan! Like right now, the confusion you have, I feel that. You're wondering whether it's a dream, or Krystle finally managed to knock you unconcious, or some-such, ne? Well guess what-it's real! And now you're wondering what's going on, ne? Ne?

"Well, yes, actually, I - "

Her sentence was cut off as a pale creature moved with swift grace through the alleyway, bounding over to Krystle (who had frozen in place, watching Mannamon's and Naki's reunion) and rubbing against her leg. "Mannamon," The new creature said accusingly, "You're such a twit! Let Naki up."

Then she puffed out her chest proudly and smiled at Krystle, "Aylo, Krystle!" and a nod in Naki's direction, "Naki…" Then the unnaturally white draconic-wolf-like creature hopped lightly up into Krystle's arms, nearly making her fall over as Naki had-only not from momentum, but from shock.

~*~*~

"This is BORING…"

"Just finish the battle -"

"But you always win, Rini!"

"Aww, just finish the damn battle, already!"

*CRASH* A mechanical voice chimes, "V-dramon Wins Round Three!" "I told you you'd win…"

"Don't be a sore loser, Liliy…" the girl, Rini, sighed and leaned back against the couch. "I wonder what it would be like to travel to the Digital World…to have my own digimon…You, Liliy, are lucky…"

"I dunno…Quixoticmon acts up too much…"

"HEY! I heard that!" A purple of fluff bounced down the stairs, energized and playfully ticked off. "Don't be mean!" It stopped on the couch next to Liliy, "Oh yeah, by the way…that stream of water that comes from that knobby thing in the ki-tch-en made a loud noise, and then it got really wet…at least I was up in the air though, right?"

Liliy groaned as a drop of water fell from the ceiling of the basement to land upon her nose. Rini tried hard to stifle her laughter, with little success.

In a flash, Liliy and Quixoticmon were upstairs, and after a few bangs and crashes, were heard the sound of paper towels soaking up liquid.

Rini sighed, then poked Liliy's black laptop, which was open on a table next to the couch. She pulled the device closer to herself, simultaneously tugging at another small metal object on a string around her neck. "I still wonder where this crystal came from…" she murmured. She pulled over the laptop and stared at it. "To think, an entire world exists in such a thing as a computer. That data is a living, breathing thing. I guess it's not that impossible…after all, we are stuck with Quixoticmon…" she chuckled. Upstairs she heard a faint, "I heard that!" before it was muffled.

`But I wonder what it would be like to live in the Digital World…' Rini wondered. She rested her chin on the palm of her hand and glared at the screen. After several moments of icy stares and blank thoughts, the laptop bleeped, causing Rini to start and yelp. She slowly backed away from the laptop, clutching her chest, eyeing it as one would a dangerous animal.

"I…I thought I was gonna die!" She finally gasped, eyes wide. Liliy and Quixoticmon came dashing down the stairs, both ready to deal with the cause of their friend's fright. Quixoticmon raised an eyebrow as he calculated the sight before him. Suddenly, a similar bleep came from Liliy's digivice, and suddenly all was white. Rini shot Liliy a frightened look before they all blacked out.

~*~*~

"So…let me get this straight…You, Algizamon, fluff-critter that I drew in the car on some random road trip, are actually a real, living digimon, neh?"

"Hai."

"And we're needed in the Digital world because some history lesson decided to reincarnate itself?"

"Hai."

Krystle sighed, putting her face in her hand. "Call me dense, but I still don't get it….well…actually…I kinda do…I get it…except that I really don't…" One of Algizamon's ears drooped. "I mean, I understand…I just don't…comprehend…like…I get all this…but…Oh, I just give up! I'll improvise. As usual."

"Then let's go! This'll be so much fun!" Naki decided to jump in before Krystle could confuse herself or anyone else anymore.

"Yay!!!" Mannamon cheered. Krystle and Algizamon both sweatdropped at their true enthusiasm.

"But we'll miss the party! And I wanted to meet Kane!!!" Krys gave her traditional puppy-eyes, but Naki, quite used to them, just glared.

"I'm not stopping you from going to the party Krys…but me and Mannamon are going to the Digital World to fix what need be, ne?"

"YEA -" She was cut off as the digivice strapped around Mannamon's furry neck started to glow. A swirling white portal opened beneath the digimon and her human and both fell through.

"HEY!!! NAKIRA!!!" Krystle started towards the portal, but Algizamon held her back.

"DON'T! They've gone off to the digital world through their portal, if we follow them, who knows what will happen to us!" Algizamon shouted, trying to keep Krystle from falling in after them. The portal vanished in the blink of an eye. Krystle sighed and stared at the ground where her friend once was.

"Damn you, you party deserter…" She sighed, then turned, facing the alleyway entrance. "Well…come on, Algizamon…we've got a party to catch…"