Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire From the Moon ❯ A World of War ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"AAH! I CAN'T SEE!" Naki cried furiously trying to look down where she was headed.

"Baka! Don't look down!" Mannamon said, slightly peeved that Naki hadn't known that. They were both traveling with ridiculous speed straight down, a blue bubble surrounding them. Naki was still holding her breath. Instead of looking down, she looked out to the side, and jumped as she came face-to-face with a treetop.

"GA! We're gonna die!!" she screamed, trying desperately to claw through her bubble and clutch on to Mannamon, who sweatdropped. "We're gonna hit the ground soon and die!!"

Of course as soon as the words passed her lips, the bubbles stopped moving. Naki blinked then looked down. About a foot (or four) away from the ground. She sighed. The bubble popped and they both fell down hard. Well, Naki fell down hard, and Mannamon landed with practiced grace.

"Itai..." Naki moaned, rubbing her backside. Mannamon danced over to her, a grin (if at all possible?) was played on her face.

"Welcome to the Third Sector of the Digital world, near Icon Valley and just outside Silicon Battle Field! This place is called the Palette Forest," Mannamon said, looking around approvingly.

Naki looked around, a look of wonder on her face. All around them was a beautiful forest, which seemed to glow with a lumière sainte. As she got better look, she noted that the leaves of the trees actually were glowing. It was a bit humid, and had kind of a tropical rain forest feel. The trees were spread apart by about three feet, give or take, but the tops of the trees overlapped each other, cutting off a bit of the light. There were vines everywhere, and various forest-going digimon creating noise in the trees. She could hear a river flowing near by.

"Waa! it's so beautiful!!" she said, standing up and taking a better look around. Indeed, a small river trickled off to one side; several small digimon were perched near it - chatting or talking, or just standing around. As she stopped and listened, she could hear other noises that the forest was making all around them. Mannamon stood at her side, smiling softly.

"Hai…. It is pretty, ne?"

Naki nodded, but her face fell. "Yeah, but what do we do now? I mean, I just kinda left Krystle… and my world… my home… my life…" she paused, and mannamon looked up at her with confusion. "It's not that I don't want to be here… I recall presenting that idea very clearly… but how do we get back? What do we do, now that we're here?"

"I believe I can answer that question,"

Naki whipped her head around, mannamon jumping to a fighting pose, ready to attack if needed to. Standing behind them was a Sakuyamon, who watched them from behind her helmet. Naki gaped, and mannamon growled.

"There is no need to be afraid, young ones, I have summoned you here. We have a request for you,"

"We?" Mannamon asked, her voice dripping with caution. "I only see one -you- right there in front of me. What could we possibly do for you?"


The mega glanced around at the others near by her. "We, US, the light-digimon. You, children, are desperately needed here,"

Naki stepped forward. "We already know that we're needed, Mannamon and….. Algizamon…. I think… came to the real worl- our world to bring us back,"

"What do you need us for, anyway?" mannamon said, relaxing a bit. Sakuyamon was silent for a few minutes, calculating something. She sighed, a bit frustrated, and turned heel.

"Come with me, children, and let us explain,"

<center>*~*~*</center>

Krystle wandered to the corner of the street, looking to the left, then to the right, then up at the street sign. "Yes, I think I can say now that I am thoroughly lost..." She muttered angrily at herself. "Why couldn't Naki have at least given us directions?" She looked despairingly around her, then back to Algizamon, who was busy scratching an itch behind her ear.

Algizamon stopped momentarily to shrug. "At least you have a picture of Kane to stare at...it could be worse..."

Krystle nodded and took out Kane's picture again. "At least Naki has good taste in guys..." Krystle ran her tongue over her teeth. "But, alas, a picture's not going to get us any closer..." She pocketed it again, then decided, quite randomly, to take the street to the left. Algizamon bounded after her, not even questioning her motives.

At the next corner, Krystle stopped. "Yes...we're quite lost..." And again, the same procedure, asking why Naki couldn't have given instructions, et cetera, et cetera... Algizamon, always pointing out that at least she had the picture, looking at the picture, then making a random turn down another street...

"...Well at least you have a picture..." Algizamon was starting to keep track of how many times she'd said that...under her breath, she counted, "Twenty-seven..."

"What?"

"Oh...nothing..." Algizamon sat attentively, looking up at Krystle, waiting for her to get on and walk some more...

Krystle took out the picture, looked at it, and sighed. "Damn that party-deserting, anti-instruction-giving girl...but alas, a picture won't get us anywhere..." This time, as she went to put the photo away, she noticed something scrawled on the back. "...Or...will it...?"

Algizamon blinked, and jumped up onto Krystle's chest. Krystle quickly caught her, then continued to stare at the back of the picture. "Hey...I think these ARE instructions.

<center>~*~*~*~</center>

"Riiiiiiini…. Oh RIIIIIIIIIIIIInnniiii!!!"

"Rrrhgn… five more minutes, mama…."

"RINI!!"

"HOLY - OKAY! I'M UP ALREADY!!!" Rini jumped in the air and looked around wildly, then blinked as she did not see anything. Having nowhere else to turn, she glanced down at her feet, only to find a cream-and-black coloured rabbit-like creature grinning back up at her. Rini blinked again, and backed away slowly, only to have the creature jump on her shoulders, pushing her to the ground.

"RINI!!! YOU'RE UP!!!!" it crowed. Rini blinked and looked around her.

"Well, right now, I seem to be the opposite of just that…"

"You're so funny!!" the creature giggled, then snuggled to her neck. Rini abruptly passed out.

"Rini…?" *poke poke*

Liliy and Quixoticmon, hidden behind a tree, cracked up.

<center>~*~*~*~</center>

"So.. just where is it that we're going, anyway?" Naki asked, more interested in her surroundings then the actual answer. Sakuyamon looked back, but did not break pace.

"We're going to the abandoned `Holy Angel Castle',"

"I thought that was just in the manga…" Naki muttered. Then peered closer to the bushes. "Why do I keep seeing digital eggs, anyway? Aren't they supposed to be cared for in Primary Village by an Elecmon or sumthin?" She asked more loudly. Sakuyamon didn't even bother to turn around.

"Funny… the other one asked that too…"

"'Other one'?"

"And what, you thought you were the first human to come to the digital world?" Sakuyamon said mockingly. Naki shrunk back.

"Errr…. No…?" she said nervously. Sakuyamon chuckled. Mannamon rolled her eyes.

"Heey… Naki, can't you carry me? My paws hurt!"

"And you think my feet don't hurt?!"

"We'll you're stronger!"

"You're a digimon! Can't you evolve er sumthin and… I dunno… fly us there!?"

"Well, not unle-" but mannamon's sentence was cut off with a gasp from Sakuyamon. Both Naki and Mannamon turned towards her. "What?" mannamon asked irritably. Sakuyamon threw back her head with a sweatdrop.

"I forgot - I could've transported us there!" and broke out into nervous laughter. Mannamon glared at her, while Naki flopped down on the ground and rubbed her feet.

"Care to do so, then?" she grumbled. Sakuyamon stood up straight again.

"No need, we're here already." She pointed straight ahead to a shining castle; or, it would've been shining had it not looked like it had been thru hell and back. There were chunks of wall missing, holes in the roof, rubble scattered about, and several clothes and huge cobwebs visible from their vista point. Mannamon cringed, as did Naki.

"It's seen better days…" Sakuyamon sighed sadly, and proceeded towards the huge, now rusted, gates. Mannamon and Naki took a glance at the digimon that had now begun to pop up around them, intertwined in the rubble and grinning widely at them, chattering in their own acquired language. The leaves didn't glow as brightly here, and there seemed to be a cloud of dust and un-forgiveness hung in the air; unseen, but felt. Sakuyamon strolled lazily up to the door and knocked on it with the butt of her bo-staff. The door creaked open, held by two heavily armored Renamon. Both Naki and Mannamon looked nervously at them, but they just glanced back, emotionless.

"I didn't think Renamon had armor…" hissed Naki to Mannamon. "And I really don't think those swords are necessary either…" the small group trudged nervously through the castles many, now dark, halls and corridors following Sakuyamon without a clue as to where they're going.

"Renamon don't have armor… or swords. I'm beginning to feel something's up…" mannamon hissed back.

"Thankyou, Captain Obvious," Naki said to herself, then to mannamon "But what…? I'm starting to get scared…"

"No need to be," Manna grinned back. "I'll protect you!"

"OooOOH… that's REALLY reassuring…."

"HEY! THAT WASN'T NICE!" pouted Mannamon. Naki stuck her tongue out.

"Relax.. I'm kidding… you should know that!"

"I do…" then lept into Naki's arms and nuzzled her neck.

"Done arguing, you two?"

They both turned and looked at Sakuyamon who was looking at them with a raised eyebrow. They nodded dumbly and waited for Sakuyamon to continue.

"Good. Now follow me, and keep silent,"

Again, they nodded. Sakuyamon strode up to a pair of massive doors, each with it's own set of writing, in the usual digital code, and paused. Mannamon looked up to read it.

"It says… um…."

"It says," Naki interrupted. "'All who pass these gates are forever humble servants to the Digimon Gods and Goddess.'"

"I was gonna say that…" mannamon mumbled.

"There's only one Goddess?" Naki asked. Sakuyamon looked away, saddened all of a sudden.

"There was one Goddess. Although the term is used lightly. They were simply the high guardians of the digital world,"

"Oh! You mean like Quinglongmon and crew!"

"'Quinglongmon'? I've never heard of that digimon before…" Sakuyamon cocked her head in confusion. Naki blinked.

"Okay… that's not odd….." she said sarcastically to herself. Sakuyamon turned back to the doors. They opened, and a nother pair of Renamon stared back at them. Inside the room was a beautiful array of Royal purple and gold banners, each spun so that it shone with brilliance, but not done out so that it overpowered the room and brought too much attention to the walls. The ceiling was high, with a bright golden chandelier hanging till about half way down. The floor tiles glowed with their own light, as did, it seemed, the chandelier.

All around them were digimon talking freely, and this time, in English. In the center of the room was a circular table, the seats occupied by what appeared to be digimon of importance. In one chair was a Wargraymon, to it's left was a Phoenixmon, then Prariemon, Cherubmon, Anethmartyrmon, Anubimon, Rankusumon, Rozumon, Erekimon, and Gaagomon. It was the one next to the Gaagomon that caught Naki's eye. Seated there, having what appeared to be a heated discussion with Erekimon, Rozumon and some digimon she hadn't seen before, was a girl. Another HUMAN girl.

Sakuyamon caught Naki's surprise, and walked to the empty seat at the table. All the creatures in the room fell silent, suddenly; and all attention was turned on Sakuyamon.

"My fellow Digimon, another of the summoned children has arrived!"

After several minutes of cheering, it fell silent again, and all eyes turned on Naki and Mannamon. They managed to inch their way over to the other girl as the digimon returned attention to Sakuyamon, who was speaking a little about their journey. Naki tapped the girl on the shoulder, who, of course, turned around in response.

"Hey! My name is Naki! What's yours?"

"Well… I'm Heather, and this is Eieveamon," she pointed to the monster next to her. It had a wolf/cat-like apperiance, completely black with shining eyes, and fiery coloured paws and marks on her fur. She was chatting with mannamon, neither really paying attention to their friends.

"Nice to meet you!" Naki said, grinning. She paused, though, and her smile faded. "Would you mind telling me what is going on?"

Heather nodded, but with a grim look. "Well, as far as I can tell… we're going to war."<br>