Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ The secret's slipped! ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Key
 
“”=talk…duh.
`'= thoughts
 
Kari Davis and the rest of the new digidestined are 18, with the exception of Cody who is 15. The old digidestined are 20 are 21.
 
Well that is about it I hope you like the story!
 
 
Chapter 1
 
The Secret Slips..
 
“Kari?” Davis said as he walked his friend, who seemed almost hypnotized as she stared at the ground.
 
“Huh? Oh sorry…I just…can't think.” Kari mumbled.
 
“You know you don't have to apologize after everything.” Davis said in a somewhat concerned voice.
 
“Um…Uh…Thanks Davis…” Kari said blushing a light pink.
 
Davis blushed too as his eyes met hers. “Um Kari? Can I ask you a question?”
 
“Of course Davis what's up?”
 
“I wish this was easier to say…” Davis mumbled
 
“What is it?” Kari asked, sounding just as concerned as Davis because she'd never seen Davis hold something he wanted to say back before.
 
“Kari, do you…like me?”
 
“What are you talking about Davis? Of course, I like you! You're one of my best friends!”
 
Davis blushed again “No, I mean…like me.” He said slowly.
 
It was Kari's turn to blush again. “Um…well…”
 
“You don't do you…I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything.” Davis said holding back tears. `I should have known…I don't deserve a perfect angel like her.'
 
“I didn't say I didn't like you Davis…” she said noticing the tears he tried hard to hide.
 
“You mean…You do?” A heavy change in his posture suddenly came about, quickly turning to Kari. `Is this really happening?' He thought to himself.
 
“Davis, if you really haven't noticed, yes, I really like you! I've liked you for a long time.” Kari said, slightly blushing.
 
Suddenly Davis smacked himself.
 
“What did you do that for?” Kari asked.
 
“To make sure this isn't a dream.” He replied.
 
“It isn't.” Kari said half laughing. “Want proof?”
 
“What do you—“was all Davis could manage when Kari interrupted him by kissing him on the lips.
 
“Wow.” He managed to say. By the time he got back form cloud nine, he realized Kari had left. He was standing in the cold, alone again. When he realized they had kissed right in front of her house, he wondered if Tai had seen them. He merely walked home as his soon-to-be girlfriend giggled uncontrollably as she told Tai.
 
“So you finally told him huh?” The older brother smirked.
 
“Yea…hey wait. What do you mean finally? Did you KNOW?” She blushed a deep shade of red.
 
“Of course, most of us did! I'm surprised Davis didn't! You always acted giddy around him in the digital world.” he said, remembering their adventures when they were younger.
 
“Those were good times…I just wish I hadn't argued so much with him.” She sighed.
 
“It's how you two care for each other.” Tai whispered to her.
 
“What do you mean?” Kari asked.
 
“I mean some people argue just to show how worried they are about each other.” Tai explained.
 
“Um…Tai this is starting to become awkward…”she suddenly realized she was talking about the person she loved with a brother who was known to be overprotective.
 
“Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt him.” As if he was reading her mind. “I think you and Davis make a good couple. Sure, he might be insensitive sometimes, but he's always cared about you and is a good guy when it comes down to it.” Clearly knowing who he was talking about.
 
“Thanks Tai, I think I'm going to go to sleep early tonight…I just feel tired all of a sudden.” She said suddenly.
 
“Anytime sis. Gonna go dream about your boyfriend?” he asked playfully.
 
She laughed. “Well we're no technically boyfriend and girlfriend…but yes.” `It was probably a good thing Tai didn't hear the last part.' Kari told herself, still laughing.
 
(At Davis' house around the same time)
 
“So you finally told her eh?” Jun asked her brother, who was now blushing madly.
 
“What do you mean finally? Oh wait…Don't tell me you KNEW!” he said in a somewhat shameful tone. `That means the others probably knew.' He thought to himself.
 
“Of course, it's easy to tell!” she told him. `Tomorrow.' Davis thought. `I'm asking her out tomorrow!'
 
As the night went on Davis having the exact same conversation with Jun as Kari had with Tai. He used the same excuse as Kari and went to bed, hoping to dream of his soon-to-be girlfriend. Almost as if they were connected, they fell asleep at the same time, dreaming of being in each other's arms.