Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 11

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 12
 
Vinni stopped at the threshold of the kitchen, “Yo, Rachel!” He greeted as Cass snuck past with the duffel bag full of digimon.
 
Vinni's cousin turned from the television on the counter, sipping a can of root beer. “Hey V,” she replied. She appeared to be only a few years older than him. “So,” she smiled, “Where'd you run off to with that girl?”
 
“Digi-port op—“
 
“NOTHING HAPPENED!” Vinni said hastily, trying to cover up the noise from the other room. He nervously cleared his throat, and then spoke more quietly, “Um, she just wanted to check out a store.”
 
Rachel giggled and grabbed her purse from the table. “Well, I'm meeting my boyfriend for a movie, I'll take you to the airport afterwards.” She stopped at the door, “Don't make a mess.” The door shut and she was gone.
 
Vinni grumbled at her innuendo and walked into his room, where Cass was sitting with Nyaromon and Pagumon. “What'd you do with the egg?”
 
“Sent it back to the digital world,” Cass replied, “I'm sure it'll end up in a place it belongs.”
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Alec and Keramon entered the diner. There were many digimon conversing and enjoying meals.
 
“Hey!” The Leomon at the counter called over to them, “We don't serve their kind in here.”
 
“What?” Alec looked over at Keramon, whom the creature was pointing at.
 
“Your net virus. He'll have to wait outside, we don't want him in here.” Leomon explained.
 
“Why don't you wait out by the door? We don't want any trouble,” Alec said to his partner.
 
“Meh, maybe you don't,” Keramon grumbled as he floated his way outside.
 
Alec took a seat at the bar and ordered some water from the Renamon waitress. He looked around at all the digimon of various shapes, sizes, levels, and types. After a few minutes, a digimon turned him around. The DigiCom's analyzer went off: #Woodmon. Champion level. Virus attribute. Special: Twig Tap.#
 
Woodmon grunted at Alec. He gave the digimon a strange look and turned back around, trying to mind his own business. Then he was tapped on the shoulder by another digimon. #Myotismon. Ultimate level. Virus attribute. Special: Grizzly Wing.# “He doesn't like you,” Myotismon growled.
 
“…I'm sorry,” Alec said nervously, turning back to his water. Myotismon spun him around again.
 
“I don't like you, either! You just watch yourself, we're wanted mon!” He threatened, “My viral signature has the highest threat level on twelve corporate databases in your world.”
 
“I'll be careful.”
 
Myotismon grabbed him, “You'll be deleted!”
 
“He's not worth the effort.” Alec looked over at the stool next to him to see the black girl from before and her insect-like partner, “Now let me get you something.”
 
Myotismon ignored her and threw Alec to the ground. Jewel quickly kicked Myotismon in the gut, stunning him. Woodmon lunged at her; she balled her left hand into a tight fist, energy from her digivice amplifying her strength. One punch and Woodmon's arm fell clean off. Myotismon dropped to his knees and Woodmon wailed loudly. The scene attracted the attention of everyone in the diner.
 
“Come on, we're leaving.” Jewel grabbed Alec off the floor and led him outside, FanBeemon following after. Keramon was surprised by their sudden return, and followed after them.
 
“What the hell do you think you're doing?” She asked.
 
“Hey, I needed something to drink!” Alec explained, “Keramon wasn't allowed inside.”
 
“Don't ever try that again. This is a dangerous place.”
 
“What am I suppose to do? My body needs water,” he argued.
 
Jewel sighed deeply, “This world doesn't work like that. Your physical… Hang on,” she looked over at her partner. “What is it FanBeemon?”
 
FanBeemon and Keramon both had their attention turned to the sky. Something was emerging from the clouds. Suddenly lighting struck between Jewel and Alec. They were both blasted apart. A creature floated out from the crater. It looked like a black ball with beady red eyes and a white lightning bolt on its head. “Humans!” It screamed. It zoomed towards Alec.
 
“Oh shit!”