Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ One Crest, Two Crests, Old Crests, New Crests? ❯ Old Crest, New Crest ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
So know we know that little female digimon isn't really a digimon at all! AS an upgrade, she is destined to increase the abilities of a mysterious 'target'. She has her own crest, but no partner?
In all the excitement, the gang has forgotten to ask Gennai about Merlin and Nimue, aka MarquisDemon and Ladymon, the whole reason they were looking for him in the first place!
So with Selkie at their sides, the teens are off again!

A.S.D.A, except for Genki Kawaii, Heymon, and Selkie, who are my creations!



One Crest, Two Crest, Old Crest, New Crest?
by Nefertanya dragongurl Ahhotep



~~You're everywhere I go...
And everybody knows...
To know you is to be part of you~
~Madonna, Beautiful Stranger


It's not that he didn't mind Selkie being grateful, but Gomamon was having an awful time trying to ignore her...affections. Just having gotten back on everybody's good side, he didn't want to appear rude and be interpreted again as jealous, but this....! She was acting as if they were lifemates, no difference that *they just met*!!

Not that she wasn't sweet, and pretty darn cute, but he was *far* too young to even think of settling down!

So when she was momentarily distracted, he took the opportunity to clamber up Joe's back.

"Ow! Gomamon!"

"I'm tired of walking!" the sea lion whined. Joe grumbled but didn't push the issue further. Instead, he bent down and picked up Selkie.

"I'll bet you're tired then too, huh Beautiful?" She smiled demurely in response and snuggled into his arms.

Gomamon couldn't help but feel a little threatened. Barely 5 minutes had passed and she was *again* trying to steal away *his* partner! But he had to be subtle about separating them-he didn't want to be the bad guy ever again.

"Joe, do you think you should really be carrying both of us like this?"

"Why?"

"Well, dontcha think it's a little too much weight?" the red-head asked, glaring down at the upgrade. She immediately got the hint. Selkie pushed up against Joe's arms and smacked Gomamon good in the shoulder. He flinched in shock, then smacked her back.

Poor Joe was now stuck between two irked sea lions with *very* sharp claws. *How do I get myself into these messes?* he whined inwardly as Selkie, aiming for Gomamon's head, clipped Joe's ear.

He winced as he felt the blood trickle. This was getting out of hand too quickly. But to get them to strop, he first needed their attention. So he screamed the first words that came to mind.

"DON'T MAKE ME SEPARATE YOU TWO!!"

The others looked at Joe, and some chuckled at the spectacle. A frazzled Joe stood with a slight trickle of blood on his cheek, Selkie sprawled on his chest with one paw outstretched. On top of his head, Gomamon was posed, looking for all the world like a king overseeing his kingdom. His warning had kept his face intact(for the time being), but the water digimon still glared daggers at each other.

"Joe, what's going on?" Tai chuckled

"It's a long story." Joe replied dryly. He quickly bent and put Selkie down. "Off! Off! Off!"

"But Joe, I-"

"OFF!!" Grumbling, the red-head jumped off his perch.

"And *behave*!"

They started off again in their quest to find Gennai. Joe lagged behind, since he had to stop every fifteen minutes to yell at the pair.

So it came as no surprise to anyone but them when Joe collapsed from exhaustion minutes after Tai declared camp. Worriedly, Gomamon nudged his sleeping partner's arm.

"Joe?"

"Leave him alone. He's exhausted from always having to stop you two from fighting!" Gabumon chastised. "You're as bad as Matt and Tai., if not worse."

The wolf-lizard stalked off, and Gomamon smirked dully as he and Palmon bumped into each other, making her blush. Gomamon felt bad-he hadn't realized he was making so much trouble. Judging by Selkie's face, she was feeling the same way.

"Truce?"

She nodded, and they curled up on opposite sides of Joe to sleep.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888888

"AAHHHH!!"

Gomamon bolted awake, as did everybody else. At first, the water digimon couldn't recognize where he was. Then, he realized why. A new hole had appeared in the middle of camp. Mimi was on the other side, her face so pale it could've passed for his own fur.

"Mimi! Mimi, are you okay?" Tai bolted over to her and gently began to shake her. "Snap out of it, Mimi!"

"Leave her alone Tai!" screeched Matt. "She's obviously in shock, and you're probably making it worse!"

"I was just checking to she if she was all right, Matt! Don't get so bent out of shape!"

"Incoming!!" Agumon cried as another fireball hit directly behind them.

"Ow! Ow, Selkie, what's wrong?!"

The upgrade was in sheer panic as she clawed her way up Joe's side. She knew what was happening. She knew who could do this. But how? The only creature capable was-

"MISS ME, MY SWEET?"

-Dead?

"What?!"

"Uh-uh, no way!"

"How in the world-?"

Impossible as it was, it was true. Heymon, apparently back from the dead and none the worse for wear because of it, stood at the far end of the camping area. Next to him, a giant pipe was being manned by seven Shabtimon. Three were at the lowered end, while the rest stood in pairs on each others shoulders at the other end. By bending their bodies, they could control the angle of the cannon.

"SO YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST LEAVE ALL OF US BEHIND, DID YOU?" He bellowed, even though the double d's were only a bit more than twenty feet away. "WELL, I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU! I TOO KNEW OF YOUR 'BACK-UP FEATURE', AND TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO CREATE A PIGGY BACK PROGRAM, SHOULD MY LIFE MEET WITH AN....UNEXPECTED END. IT WAS DESIGNED TO RUN WHENEVER YOURS WAS ACTIVATED, COMPLETE WITH MY FORMER MEMORIES, SO THAT WE MAY CONTINUE WITH MY DESIGNS FOR GREATNESS!"

Selkie shook numbly. He had returned from the recycle to use her as a guinea pig once more.

"All right, let's burn down this overbearing excuse for a tree stump!" Tai commanded as soon as his ears nearly stopped ringing.

"TRY IF YOU MUST! FIRE!!"

The debris from the blast missed Selkie by a fraction of an inch. She loosed a silent cry of horror when she glimpsed the still forms of Joe and Gomamon, who hadn't gotten so lucky.

"Joe! Oh no, Joe!" Mimi squealed as she ran over to him.

"Now you've gone and done it! No one hurts my friends and get away with it!" Tai roared.

"That goes double for me!" Matt agreed. After all, no matter how deeply the argument separated the opposites, they always pulled together over a friend in need.

"Agumon- warp-digivolve to...WarGreymon!"

"Gabumon- warp-digivolve to...MetalGarurumon!"

"FIRE!"

The two Megas paired off against the abomination, but barely withstood the cannon blast. Severely weakened, they were quickly supported by their now-Ultimate and Champion friends.

"We need some water!" cried Sora.

"What? Who's having the baby?" Tai yelled back.

"No Tai! The Shabtimon are *mud-based*, remember!"

"You got it, Tai!" the cyborg called, dipping one armored hand into the closest water source-a brackish pool not unlike the one Gomamon had cowered in but days before. When he lifted his arm, all that remained was a few flopping fish.

"Good thing Gomamon's not awake!" he remarked.

"One shot, WarGreymon-make it count!" MetalGarurumon called as Lillymon tried her best to refit broken-off piece of his shoulder plate.

With as much force as he could muster, he chucked the water at the cannon. The Shabtimon slowly began to melt, most of the water having hit the cannon.

"Ice Wolf Claw!"

The missiles hit the water coated cannon and Shabtimon, freezing them so quickly the disintegrated into thousands of itty-bitty pieces.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Heymon was furious-he loved that cannon. Incoherent with rage, he snarled and foamed at the Digidestined, pulling out a small flask from a knothole on his body.

"What's that?" Tai asked warily. Few good things seemed to come from flasks and vials these days.

"I...WILL...DESTROY...YOU!!" he roared before chugging the contents. He immediately doubled over, shrieking in agony as he clawed at his body.

"Was it a poison?" Kari asked in concerned bewilderment.

"No! Look!!" TK answered.

Heymon was still writhing in pain, but now he was transforming. His limbs became steely, his teeth sharper. His eyes became bloodshot and glassy. And worst of all?

His voice got *louder*.

"ZYDECO PEPPER BEAM!!!"

"Hoo-boy." Matt whimpered as the red beam barreled their way.

"POWER DRAIN TIMES TEN!"

Genki Kawaii leapt in front of the beam, absorbing the attack's energies into her light staff. Twirling around, she directed them towards MetalGarurumon.

"Figured Ah owe yuh one!" she called as the extra energy flowed into him.

"Thanks!" the cyber-wolf growled appreciatively, using the boost to soup up his missile attack. The high-powered missiles froze Heymon's feet solid, temporarily paralyzing him. Unfortunately, his upper body was only minimally affected, and he slammed his hand on the humanoid like a fly swatter.

"Harpoon Torpedo!"

Heymon screamed in pain as he grabbed his hand. Ikkakumon's torpedo was stuck tight in his palm. He screamed louder when it detonated, permanently creating a useless stump.

"YOU'LL PAY!"

He broke through his ice shackles and made for the woolly walrus and the Southern belle.

Joe had just woken up, so it took him a few moments to realize what was going on. But he immediately knew what needed to be done.

"Ikkaku...." he weakly sputtered as he struggled to his feet. "...got to....digivolve..." His body gave out and he landed on his face. The others were too busy with Super-Heymon to notice.

"I've...got to..get up... I'm...responsible... I've got to help... Got to...be strong!"

As if on cue, the two crests that still hung around his neck began to glow, pure white light that seemed to engulf them both, it was so bright.

"Ikkakumon-digivolve to..."

"Genki! Upgrade power boost to..."

The two Champions seemed to melt and fuse around each other. Together, they created a new kind of fighter....

"MetalZudomon!"

Standing in front of Joe and the rest was the towering form of Zudomon. But this was a much more powerful-looking version. Like MachineDramon, his entire body was metal. But he wasn't a robot. More like a knight, living flesh encased in a suit of digizoid armor.

"Who *is* that?" Tai shouted.

"I dunno." shrugged WarGreymon. The other Ultimates murmured their agreements.

"How can you guys *not* know?" the wild-haired teen asked incredulously.

"He isn't anywhere in my analyzer. And, come to think of it-neither is Heymon!" Izzy remarked as he tapped the keyboard.

"Man, the old guy really needs to update that thing." Matt chided. "That's the fourth digimon it hasn't found!"

"Fifth, if you count Selkie."

"Whatever."

"YOU THINK THIS WALKING TIN CAN STANDS A CHANCE AGAINST ME?" Super-Heymon bellowed indignantly "ZYDECO PEPPER BEAM!"

MetalZudomon crossed his massive metallic arms taking the beam full force.

"There isn't even a scratch on him!" Sora cried as MetalZudomon lowered them.

"That's my 'mon!" a hoarse voice piped up from behind her.

"Joe! Where've you been, man?" Matt ran over to support his older friend. "You okay?"

"Fine, as long as we win." the blue-haired boy grinned impishly.

Meanwhile, Super-Heymon had also noticed MetalZudomon's apparent invulnerability. Roaring in frustration, he gave the metal 'mon everything he had. Exhausted, he stopped to catch his breath.

"MetalZudomon!"

"THAT...<gasp>DID IT! <gasp, wheeze> YOUR CHAMPION IS DESTROYED!!"

"I am no Champion! I AM A MEGA!" a deep voice shouted in triumph. When the dust dissipated, the sun glint proudly on MetalZudomon's barely dented form. "*Now* it's my turn!"

He lifted his oversize hammer high, then brought it down with an ear-splitting thunder. Super-Heymon squealed as he was thrown off balance.

"Poseidon's Curse!"

The giant hammer glowed, and for a full second, not a sound could be heard for miles. Then came a soft murmur, and the steady drumming of mighty hooves as the glow from the hammer became a mighty bull. As it charged, it's hooves tore up the soil, leaving behind a silt-filled pond.

Super-Heymon screamed in sheer terror as he turned to run, but it was already too late. The mighty bull rammed into and through him, leaving behind so much kindling. It continued on, slowly fading away with each stride till it vanished completely.

"All right!"

"Way to go!"

"Whoo-hoo!"

As the teens cheered, MetalZudomon lifted his hammer and straightened up. The tell-tale glow appeared, and left behind two *very* exhausted gomamon.



Hang on! We're almost done! One more part to go!

On to Chapter 5: Owari!