Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Origins (Part II) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Origins (Part II)
 
Keishinko Katou Akiyama and Atsuiko McCoy are two long time friends of mine. Actually, our friendship goes all the way back to our parents. From what I heard, Keishinko's parents and Atsuiko's mom were three really good friends of Dad, Mom, Uncle Takato and Guilmon, and Auntie Ruki. Dad told me stories about when he and the rest of them fought as Digimon Tamers and actually saved the world twice, once from an evil corporation and another time from a giant erasing program in the Digital World and the Real World. I always found the story as unbelievable, but of course, I have ears and a tail and yellow fur, so I guess it isn't too farfetched.
 
Both Keishinko, otherwise known to me and Atsuiko as “Keishin-chan” although she hates when either of us call her that, and Atsuiko have similar stories about how they found out they were hybrids, but I especially like Keishinko's story. It's hilarious.
 
It's no secret to anyone who knows her that Keishinko is a huge tomboy. When she was little, she was considered to me and everyone else as a huge tomboy, and even now she's considered an even bigger tomboy. Naturally, as tomboys often do, she hates acting like a girl, and when she found out that Koi, the same guy who I shot ice into, had a crush on her, she was mad. No, that's an understatement. She was furious. And thus, this is where her story begins.
 
About a month and a half after “the incident,” I finally decided to tell Keishinko and Atsuiko about me being a hybrid. I even told them that I thought they were hybrids too, “Seriously,” I said to both of them, “I think we're all hybrids. I mean, you have that tail and your ears always out,” I pointed to Keishinko, “and Atsuiko has those ears too.” Atsuiko blushed as she touched her ears lightly. “I…I think I am.” Atsuiko said, in her quiet shy kind of way.
 
“I guess you're right,” Keishinko said, in her tomboyish confident kind of way, “so if I'm half-Digimon like you, then I should have powers too right?” I shrugged but agreed with her. One of the girls in our class came up to all three of us, “Hey Keishinko, I think Koi-kun has a crush on you.” The girl who told Keishinko the news giggled and ran off. And at this point, Keishinko was red. She was completely red, not from being embarrassed by a silly little crush, but from sheer anger and rage. “So, if I am a hybrid,” Keishinko gritted her teeth in anger, “then I should have powers. I think its time for a test.” She smirked as she walked towards Koi and away from me and Atsuiko.
 
She batted her eyelashes as she walked up to Koi, who had noticed that she was walking up to him. He had a stupid-looking goofy smile on his face, thinking Keishinko was actually going to talk to him, and to our surprise, she did. “Koi-kun,” she asked sweetly, “can you do me a favor?” He nodded dumbly, “show me your arm.” He immediately rolled up his sleeve, thinking she was asking to see his muscles, and showed it to her. She winded up and punched the poor guy so hard that he went spinning and collapsed to the ground after a few revolutions, not knowing what hit him! Keishinko laughed so hard at her act that she fell down and rolled around. Atsuiko giggled softly and I just shook my head. Poor Koi, he probably had a dead arm for the rest of the day, at least. But of course, he was the guy who started a fight with me, so why should I show sympathy? Jerk.
 
There was always one thing that made Keishinko different from me; she always had her tail and ears exposed. I still have no clue why she would have it exposed like that, but no one questions her, ever. It kind of makes me mad sometimes that I have to use all the strength in my body to keep my ears and tail out of sight and my fur hidden and she can walk around with her ears and tail exposed all the time. I never really dared to ask her; because I did once, and she punched me so hard I had a dead arm for about half an hour. Maybe that's why no one really asks her that question. Either everyone's afraid, or they all think Keishinko just likes to cosplay everyday. Besides, every guy I talk to now thinks that Keishinko looks “kawaii” with her “little ears and tail.” That's all good material I use to tease her.
 
Atsuiko is an interesting girl. She's really quiet and shy, and doesn't really like to talk all that much or use her powers like Keishinko and I do. Every time all three of us talk about being hybrids and all the powers we have, she's quiet and doesn't say much at all. Also, she seems depressed every time we see her. I always wondered why…She always has friends around her, usually us, and even all of our parents are usually around her, well, except for her dad, who we never seen before. She never really mentioned her dad before and the subject never really was brought up, so maybe I should just leave it at that. Looking back though, I should ask her about her dad sometime, but sometimes I don't think it's a great idea. She looks depressed all the time, and I think mentioning her dad would make everything even worse. Seeing how I view Atsuiko as a little sister, it would make me feel even worse seeing her like that.
 
And then there are my parents: Jenrya Lee and Renamon. Strange, come to think of it I never really called Mom by her species…err name. I don't even know if Mom ever had a second name. Anyway, Dad works in a huge building with an intricate computer network with hundreds of computer programs, but sometimes Dad works at home. Dad doesn't talk about his work much, I remember a few times it was brought up, but the subject was changed pretty quickly. From what Dad tells me, he's doing what Granddad used to do when he was still working, but that's all I know. And about Mom, I have no idea what she does or what she did when I was little. When I was small, I always thought she was in costume all the time, but I always carried the feeling and instinct that she was my mom. This was way before I knew what a digimon was, so I really didn't know! Now, I think she just cruises around the city through trees and such and keeps an eye on me to make sure I don't do anything crazy or stupid. Oh! I almost forgot about one part of the family, Uncle Terriermon. Uncle Terriermon is this little dog Digimon who is also my Dad's Digimon partner. He doesn't do much now, but when I was small; he was my babysitter along with Renamon. Surprisingly, he knew how to change my diapers pretty well from all the stories I heard, which I find really strange when I look back on it.
 
Like I mentioned before, my parent's falling in love in the first place doomed me to be different from when I was born (which is, in my opinion, one of the most strangest and unbelievable stories ever told) until I die. I have to admit that the love story of my parents sounds sweet and it would make one hell of a novel someday.
 
Another thing that set me different from everyone else, other than the fact that I'm a hybrid, was that my parents never got married. Even now, when my classmates talk about when and where my parents got married and how they met, I make up a story. The story was this: my parents met in Japan, but my mom had to go to America for a “permanent business trip” after she gave birth to me and I never really saw her again. It made me sound naïve, and people often thought my mom was dead, but it got the job done. Honestly, I wouldn't believe my own story if I heard it myself.
 
Keishinko's parents recently got married. Me, Dad and Mom, Granddad and Grandma, and Auntie Suichon were all invited to the celebration. Auntie Jaarin and Uncle Rinchei couldn't make it because of their businesses in America, Auntie Jaarin in the American music business as a manager and Uncle Rinchei as a developer for some US-based game company. Besides those two, everyone was there, including Uncle Takato and Auntie Ruki, Guilmon, and Terriermon. Anyway, the wedding was beautiful. Keishinko's parents both looked great, her Dad in a tux with his Monodramon (Uncle Ryo's Digimon partner) not far behind, and her mom in an incredible white wedding dress. Also, it was one of the only times I would ever get to see Keishin-chan in a dress, and I thought the wedding was worth just that. I dare never mention it to her, or she would rip my head off. Once I did mention it, and I was bruised for weeks.
 
After all these years from that incident, I still cannot believe who or what I am. Even to this day, I hide my ears, tail, and yellow fur when I'm out in public and it still kind of bothers me. I know I'm not alone as a hybrid, I have Keishinko and Atsuiko, but I can't help but feel there is more…yes, more. Oh well, I guess that's the way it will always be. There will always be more that I cannot find out. That's how it is living in this Hybrid Generation, always finding out more.
 
~~~
 
Kitsune put his yellow, dulled out pencil down on his desk and breathed a sigh of relief. He shook out his writer's cramp and adjusted his glasses and hand gloves. `Wonder if that's good enough for fiction.' Kitsune smiled at the irony, “Hope I get a good grade on this.” He smirked as he picked up the loose notebook paper and read it through one more time to catch his mistakes.
 
“Kitsune!” a voice hollered from the kitchen, “its time to eat!” Kitsune's long fox-like ears twitched at the sound of dinner.
 
“Alright dad!” Kitsune yelled back. He got up from his seat, turned the light off, and then disappeared in a flash with his incredible, inherited speed.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
A/N: Please R&R ^^. Really, it's appreciated.
 
---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction