Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ School Blues ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Whew, the prologue is finally over ^^. Now the story can take place :P. Enjoy.
 
Chapter 3: School Blues
 
The alarm clock propped up on the drawer buzzed loudly. Two long, furry yellow ears popped out of the top of the bed sheets and twitched uncontrollably. The head in which the ears belong to followed. The blue hair that shown over the sheets was a complete mess, and the face that followed was no improvement. “Kitsune,” a male voice could be heard faintly over the buzzer, “wake up!” Kitsune groaned at the fact that he had to wake up so early for school. His clawed hand reached from under the covers to try and stop that infernal siren taking him away seconds of his precious sleep. After numerous failed attempts of killing off the cacophony, he was successful. His somnambulate state once again became serene slumber.
 
With a deft movement, the door to his room swung wide open, almost hitting the opposite wall if it were not for the doorstop. A tall, blue-haired man stood in the doorway, “Kitsune!” he said loudly, “get up. You're going to miss your bus again.” The half-asleep teenager groaned, “Dad,” his voice was muffled by a pillow, “I can run and make it to school in a couple of seconds…” Before he could finish his sentence, his father walked up to his bed and pulled off his covers. Kitsune shivered by the sudden lack of warmth.
 
“Remember,” his father, Jenrya Lee, stood over his son, “you can't use your powers in broad daylight when everyone can see. Now get up.” Kitsune did not get up. The father sighed, “You made me do this.” He grabbed his son's yellow, furry tail and gave it a light yank, “now get up.”
 
The sudden yank forced Kitsune to stand straight up. He looked down at his Dad and scowled. Jenrya smiled, and then walked out of the room. The fox boy grumbled over the choice of wake up calls his father usually uses. He stumbled off his bed and over to his dresser where he picked up his glasses and put them on. “At least it isn't as bad as when Mom has to wake me up.” He grumbled as he walked over to the bathroom and got ready for school. He met his father in the kitchen cooking, with his mother waiting with him leaning against the kitchen wall right beside him.
 
“Kitsune, grab your breakfast and get going,” Jenrya told his son, “you have to start walking. Your bus just left.” Kitsune mumbled something incoherent as he grabbed a piece of toast with his gloved hand and headed out the door. Jenrya glanced over his shoulder at the door, and then looked down at what he was cooking again, “Renamon, watch over him.” Renamon nodded and disappeared with her sheer speed.
 
Kitsune stood right outside the apartment building. He took a bite out of his toast and looked around. “If no one's around,” he smirked to himself, “then no one would know.” He was about ready to run off, “Dad won't know.” But before he could run off, someone tugged on his blue uniform top.
 
“But I will.” Kitsune turned around slowly and saw that his mother was right behind him, holding on to his shirt. He smiled stupidly. “Sorry mom,” he laughed and scratched his head, “I'll walk.”
 
Renamon nodded, “I'll be watching you.” Kitsune nodded, still smiling and turned around again. He started walking to school, and half an hour later, he finally arrived at school, late. He looked up to the trees by the gates of the school and waved, knowing his mom was watching him from afar.
 
He walked into his class to be confronted by his teacher. “Kitsune Lee,” the teacher folded his arms, “you're late.” A bead of sweat rolled down Kitsune's forehead. He awkwardly scratched his head trying to think of something to say, “Ah, sorry,” Kitsune apologized, “I had a misunderstanding with my parents…” The teacher continued to stare a hole right through the disguised fox boy, not buying his story. “And well,” Kitsune continued his impromptu excuse, “I had to walk to school.” The teacher immediately pointed at the door. Kitsune sighed as he turned and walked towards the door to serve his punishment. Before he left the classroom, he could see out of the corner of his eye a girl with cat ears wearing a lavender shirt and khaki Capri pants, laughing silently at him, `Damn Keishinko,' he thought, `I'll get her for that later…' “Lee,” the teacher called his name before he was out of the door, “we'll talk after class.” The fox boy nodded his head in a respectful, yet slightly despiteful way and stood outside the classroom to serve his punishment.
 
Later that day, the class was finally dismissed. Keishinko met up with Kitsune outside the classroom, “Late again?” the half-Leomon girl teased, “What happened? Your mom caught you running to school again?” Keishinko began to laugh because of Kitusne's excessive tardiness. Kitsune tried to ignore her as much as possible. “You could say that,” the fox boy sighed, “look, I'll talk to you and Atsuiko later. Aruka-sensei wants to talk to me again.” He walked into the classroom where his teacher was waiting for his arrival. “Kitsune Lee,” the teacher said loudly, “take a seat.” From that point, Kitsune received another tirade about the importance of school and how his “excessive tardiness is taking away from the full experience school has to offer.”
 
The young Lee was finally released from the grasp of the tirade. He walked out to the hall where Keishinko and Atsuiko waited for him. “Another lecture, Kitsu-kun?” Atsuiko asked softly. Kitsune nodded, “Yeah, about being late and the importance of school.” He sighed, “blah, blah, blah. It's always the same thing.”
 
“Shouldn't have been late then,” Keishinko said almost harshly. She jumped in front of her two friends and began to back-pedal, keeping the pace up “what's up with you fox boy? You're late all the time.”
 
“Whatever,” Kitsune had his carried his school bag behind his head, “me and my Mom have been sparring a lot lately, and I'm always really tired now. And I have to sleep you know…” Keishinko stopped backtracking. Her eyes slightly narrowed and she smirked. Her mouth barely opened, “Wimp.” All three of them stood there in silence. A glare came off Kitsune's glasses and his eyebrows took the familiar reverse triangle shape. Atsuiko started walking forward again, already knowing what was going to happen. Keishinko turned around and dashed down the hall, laughing hard. Kitsune was not far behind.
 
“You try sparring against my mom!” Kitsune yelled, as he ran after Keishinko, “come here, I owe you for laughing at me this morning!” The three hybrids exited the school, Kitsune chasing after a laughing Keishinko and Atsuiko following those two calmly, although smiling at her friends' actions.
 
~*~
 
Keishinko walked into her large, estate-like home. “I'm home!” she yelled. The first person to greet her was her father, “Hey Keish,” her father greeted her. Keishinko's father, Ryo Akiyama, was now different than how he was when he fell in love with Juri, Keishinko's mother. He still had his spiked, short brown hair, but now had a mustache right under his nose. He worked as a computer researcher along with Jenrya, but only at home. His goal was to rid of his “mortal enemy” for good, but Keishinko never really knew whom that “mortal enemy” was, and she did not plan to ask about it. “Your mother is out with Grandma right now, and Granddad is still at the bar.” He said as he went to work on his computer once again.
 
After Keishinko was born, Ryo's parents went back to the Northern Province where they originally lived. Keishinko rarely saw them, but she would often talk to them through telephone. The last time they came down was the wedding, which was just a few months ago, and the last picture they had was Keishinko in a dress. She really resented wearing a dress, but since it was her parent's wedding, she was obligated to, and didn't refuse.
 
“Still working on the computer Dad?” Keishinko asked as she walked around the house stretching her joints after running from Kitsune. “Yep,” Ryo answered, “same thing everyday.” Keishinko hovered around her father, “Where's Mono?” the Leomon hybrid asked. Ryo told her he was with Takato and Ruki, “Okay. Is it alright if I go over there?”
 
“You have any homework?” Ryo turned and asked his daughter. She shook her head, “well, it's okay then. Just be back before dinner.” She thanked her father and ran off to the Matsuda Bakery, where Takato worked now. Or to be more specific, owned.
 
~*~
 
“Welcome to the Matsuda Bakery!” a brown-haired man in an apron and hairnet greeted as the doorbell went off. He looked up and saw Keishinko walk through the door. “Keishinko, it's nice to see you!” He smiled warmly, “how's your parents doing?”
 
“Dad's doing work at home, again,” Keishinko said as she picked up a bread roll and took a bite out of it, “and mom's shopping with my Grandma. How's business holding up Uncle Takato?”
 
“Its doing well,” Takato wiped the excess bread flour off his hands with a towel, “but if you keep eating our goods, we won't have anything left to sell.” Both laughed at the joke. “So what brings you here?”
 
“Well, I was hungry,” Keishinko smiled, “but I was just looking for Mono, is he here?” Takato nodded, “Yeah, he's in the back with Guilmon. I really don't know what they're doing right now…” Matsuda swung the counter separating the kitchen from the rest of the bakery up to let the young Akiyama in, “let's see.” They walked to the back to see Guilmon and Monodramon on the floor, sleeping, and half eaten loaves of bread scattered around. Takato shook his head and sighed, “After all these years, both of them barely changed.” Keishinko laughed as she saw both of them sleeping on the ground, not peacefully, but quite loudly.
 
The bell rang again as Takato walked back to the bakery to help the customer, “Welcome to the Matsuda…”
 
“I heard it so many times already!” a female voice said sarcastically, “Three years, and you still can't tell when your wife enters her own home.” A red-haired woman with sunglasses and wearing a business suit stood in front of Takato and Keishinko, smirking. “Well,” Takato said meekly, “you know how it is.”
 
“I was joking Takato,” she pulled the sunglasses up, resting them on her red hair, to reveal her lavender eyes. She walked over to the counter and swung it up, walking behind the counter to Takato. “I know that,” Takato said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him.
 
“Please, guys,” Keishinko said, pretending to throw up. The woman released the embrace with her husband and looked at Keishinko with her hands on her hips. The feline girl immediately stopped and chuckled, “how are you doing Auntie Ruki?”
 
“Hello Keishinko,” she smiled and hugged her also, “I'm okay, but I don't think my clients will be okay for a while.”
 
“They fall off the catwalk again?” Takato joked. Ruki glanced over to Takato and then back to Keishinko, “No,” she said immediately, “they're aren't any openings for any models right now. It's hard for them, but it'll pull through eventually. Its nothing to worry about.” The bell went off again.
 
“Welcome to the Matsuda…” Takato looked who was entering, “Hey Kitsune.”
 
“Hey everyone,” Kitsune walked in, lightly panting “Keishinko, what are you doing here? Let me guess, you got hungry again?” He smirked as Keishinko scowled, “As a matter of fact, yes,” the female hybrid huffed, “and I was looking for Mono. What are you doing here, tardy boy?”
 
“Ha ha,” Kitsune mimicked a horrible laugh, “very funny. My dad sent me here to get bread.” Renamon appeared right beside her son. “And mom's with me.” Renamon saw Ruki behind Takato and Keishinko.
 
“Renamon,” Ruki smiled and walked over to her partner, “everything doing okay?”
 
“Yes, but Kitsune here still cannot keep up with me,” Renamon smiled, “isn't that right?” Kitsune unwillingly accepted defeat and nodded, “but that's because you were in the trees. And besides, I'm only HALF Digimon.” Takato, Keishinko, and Ruki laughed. Renamon simply smiled at her son's remark. Takato went into the back and got a loaf of bread to give to Kitsune and Renamon. When he returned, Guilmon and Monodramon were with him, “Hi Renamon!” Guilmon waved happily, “Hi Kitsune. You and Renamon were racing again?” Kitsune smiled and nodded, “I wish I could play with you too, but Takato always needs help.”
 
“But instead of helping,” Takato folded his arms and looked down at Guilmon, “you eat everything, all the time!” Guilmon scratched his head, “will you let me play then?” Takato sighed as he handed the loaf to the mother and son.
 
“Keish,” Monodramon blinked, “looking for me?” She walked over to Monodramon, “Yeah, YOU were supposed to go with me to get some guitar stuff today.” Monodramon sweat dropped and he scratched his head, “Oh, well, we better get going then. Bye everyone.” Keishinko and Monodramon left the bakery.
 
“We better get going too,” Kitsune turned to his mom, “Dad'll get mad if we don't back quick with the bread. Later Uncle Takato, Auntie Ruki. ” He and his mom turned to leave, and disappeared in a flash. Takato looked up at the clock, “well, I think it's about closing time, Guilmon, help me…” He turned to Guilmon who was fast asleep on the ground again. He sighed, “It's alright, just sleep and let me do all the work…”
 
“Looks like he's as goofy as he was 16 years ago,” Ruki smirked as she walked up the stairs to the living quarters, “when me and Renamon kept kicking your butts.”
 
Takato looked towards the stairs and smirked. He sighed as he locked the front door, picked up the broom and began to sweep the floor.
 
~~~*~~~
 
A/N: Another chapter down. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Lots of character development in this chapter, so there is much more revealed about the hybrid trio. More stuff to come, I guarantee it ^^. Please R&R!
 
---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction