Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Family Issues ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Another week, another chapter. Thanks for all the support so far to all my readers, even the ones still reading Mating Season. I hope you enjoy this chapter, because things will begin to pick up (Finally ^^).
 
Chapter 4: Family Issues
 
Kitsune walked out of the school building to where Keishinko and Atsuiko were waiting for him for lunch. “Hello Kitsu-kun,” Atsuiko smiled, “Me and Keishin-chan were waiting for you. Were you in trouble again?”
 
Kitsune scratched his head, “why do you always think I'm in trouble?”
 
“Because you do.” Keishinko said matter-of-factly
 
Keishinko had a strap around her shoulder, and she spun it around, revealing a lavender electric guitar with a built in amplifier, “Me and Mono finally got this.” She smirked, “I love this thing.” He looked around at the busy campus courtyard, “let's get out of here, its too noisy.” The three disguised hybrids relocated to a more serene, quiet spot farther from the noise. “So, what you get on that paper we had to write?” the fox boy asked his friends.
 
“I did okay,” the Dobermon hybrid said as she opened her lunch box and started to eat, “Sensei said that it was moving.”
 
“C+,” Keishinko said proudly as she ate her lunch, “hell yeah!”
 
“A,” Kitsune said simply, “he said it was interesting, and great fiction.” Keishinko threw her chopsticks at him, “what was that for?”
 
“For getting a better grade,” Keishinko scowled as she recollected her chopsticks, “what was it about anyway?”
 
“Our life.” Kitsune said as he took a bite into his pork bun, “I basically told the story about how we all became hybrids.” The other two friends looked at him as if he performed a mortal sin, “what?”
 
“It's that…” Atsuiko started, but Keishinko butt in.
 
“No one should know about us, idiot!” Keishinko shouted at him, “we may know, but my mom and dad said try to keep it as secret as possible.” Kitsune looked at both of them, and then turned his attention to Keishinko again, pointing right at her, “well, you walk around with your tail and ears out! How “secret” is that?” Keishinko's tail wagged slightly behind her, “I already convinced everyone that it's cosplay, so there!”
 
“And all the guys think you're “kawaii…”” Kitsune laughed, “get that, Keishin-chan?” Keishinko broke her chopsticks with one hand, her blazing eyes dead locked on Kitsune. Kitsune immediately jumped up and ran, with Keishinko not far behind. “Keishin-chan, kawaii!” Kitsune shouted and immediately burst out in laughter as he ran around the courtyard avoiding a very angry Keishinko.
 
~*~
 
It was after school, and Atsuiko stood outside her classroom after an extra session of tutoring, “Arigato, sensei,” she bowed, “I understand the material now.” She smiled and began to walk down the hall by herself. `Kitsu-kun and Keishin-chan must be chasing each other again,' she thought as she walked slowly down the hall. Atsuiko smiled when she thought about those two teasing each other. `Looks like its straight home for me.'
 
She stepped outside to the bright sunlight and walked though the now silent, vacuous courtyard. She walked silently through the yard and out the gate where she started towards her way home. Along her path is a park, with a playground consisting of a big slide housed within a large structure and other things that families would enjoy doing together. Like any other day, she passed by the park, but this time she stopped in front of it and looked at it. The female hybrid, who usually kept her dog-like ears hidden, walked up to a bench and sat down and looked around slowly and silently.
 
Her dark blue hair blew softly with the wind as she observed a father and son playing on the swings of the park. A sigh escaped from her slightly open mouth, `Father,' she thought solemnly as she continued watching the father and son, `who were you? What were you?' She then reached into her bag to take out a picture she kept with her all the time.
 
The stained-wooden frame held a picture of her at a young age with her mother kneeling right beside her. Right behind them was a tall man with short brown hair and a baseball cap on, wearing jeans and a leather jacket with a black shirt inside, leaning against a big robot like figure. On the other side was another man, a bit wider and shorter than the other. He wore black pants with a button up green plaid shirt, and had on a pair of eyeglasses and long, green hair and on his shoulder sat a pink little fairy. In between the two men was a woman about the same age, wearing a short-sleeved shirt and jeans with short brown hair seemingly leaning against some kind of huge monster.
 
But the young female's attention was focused on her mother, a young American girl with blond hair who kneeled beside her, smiling and with one arm around her in the picture. `Mother,' she thought, `you have blond hair, but I,' the teenager took off the hair ribbon which usually kept her hair back, and her dog-like ears hidden, and then began to feel her soft hair and looked at it, `I have this dark hair. Why?'
 
“Atsuiko?” a voice asked from the side of her. She fumbled with the picture as she tried to put it away. She looked up and saw that it was Hirokazu Shiota, the brown haired man in the picture looking at her, “what are you doing out here?” he took a seat beside her.
 
“Oh, Uncle Hiro,” she tied the ribbon back into her hair, “I was just walking home from school, and I felt I should take a quick rest.” She looked at him and smiled.
 
“I see,” he nodded, “You know, it's been a while since I've been here.” Shiota looked around nostalgically, “this park is the place I first got into digimon with Kenta and Takato.” He laughed, “of course, without those digimon, this world would be toast…”
 
“Uncle Hiro?” Atsuiko interrupted her “Uncle,” “did you know my father?” Hirokazu turned to her at the mention of that type of question. He smiled as he turned silently back to the park and surveyed the trees, playground, and people again.
 
“Your father,” Hirokazu started, “was a brave one. He helped the rest of us Tamers, including your mother, save two worlds. But…” The young McCoy waited for an answer. “You know what, just remember him as a savior for this world and another.”
 
The Dobermon tamer smiled, although disappointed by the vague details.
 
He smiled, “Come on, I'll walk you home, your mom is probably waiting for you.”
 
She nodded and accepted Hirokazu's offer and they both walked towards Atsuiko's home.
 
~*~
 
Kitsune sat in his room, completely bored. The sun was about to set and the city of West Shinjuku slowly began to darken. He sat there with a dim light as he stared at a computer screen, thinking of what to write about next. `Damn writer's blocks,' he tapped his clawed finger against the spacebar of his keyboard, `I was always better writing with pen and pencil…' As he began to type a random sentence, his father knocked on his door. “Come in!” Kitsune said, without taking his eyes off his screen.
 
“Kitsune,” Jenrya walked in, “could you do me a favor?”
 
Kitsune turned in his chair, “Sure dad, what is it?”
 
“Can you make or find dinner tonight?” Jenrya asked as he folded his arms, “I got a call from work and they need me at the building tonight. I might not get home till late.” The fox boy nodded, “I'll just head over to Uncle Takato's to pick something up.” Jenrya was about to walk out of the room before his son stopped him, “Dad, can I ask you one question?” Jenrya nodded, “what do you work for? You never really told me…” The elder Lee adjusted his glasses and turned to his son.
 
“I'm doing what Granddad used to do, I work with computers.” He said, “programming and the such. Why?”
 
Kitsune's tail waved back and forth slightly, “Just wondering.”
 
“Okay,” Jenrya began to walk near the door again, “you're going to be okay with dinner tonight? If you're heading to Uncle Takato and Aunt Ruki's, Terriermon will meet you there. I think he's over there right now.”
 
“Yeah, sure, I'll be sure to go meet up with Terriermon at the Bakery.” Kitsune said without turning around. Jenrya nodded and walked out the door. Kitsune looked at the closed door, `programming huh?' the young Lee thought as he looked at the computer screen again. He finally began to type something on the computer:
 
My dad always seemed to change the subject when I asked him about his job. But there was that one night, I asked him and he actually gave me a direct answer. “Programming,” he said. I nodded; giving him the impression that I was contempt with that answer, but I knew there was more. I knew he was hiding something from me. I mean, I trust my father and all, but there was this feeling I had…
 
The fox boy stopped writing. “Just fiction,” Kitsune laughed, “I'm getting hungry, better head over to Uncle Takato's now…” He shut off his computer, got up and began to walk out his room, where his mother, Renamon stopped him. “Kitsune,” she said. He turned to her.
 
“Where are you going?” she asked. Kitsune blinked, “well, dad told me to find dinner. He went off to work. I was thinking of heading over to Uncle Takato and Auntie Ruki's place…” She nodded. Kitsune started walking again, but stopped and turned to his mother again, “Mom?” Renamon looked at her son, “what does Dad work as?”
 
“The same as his father was, computer programming.” Renamon answered. Kitsune was quiet, `I still don't know…' “Is something the matter?” Renamon's question broke Kitsune's thoughts.
 
Kitsune shook his head, “No, nothing” he said, “well, let's go to the bakery. I'm hungry.” And the mother and son walked out of the apartment and took a trip over to the Matsuda Bakery, racing as usual.
 
~*~
 
It was getting late as Atsuiko sat quietly on her bed. She had a book in her hands and she read over it, studying its words and absorbing the story hidden within. She finally put the book down, `A brave one,' the words Hirokazu spoke to her earlier echoed in her head, `how was father brave?' She got up and walked out into the hall to ask her mother about her father more. Atsuiko found her mother in the kitchen, with a cup of tea in her hands, sitting alone.
 
“Mother?” Atsuiko asked as she walked up to her blond-haired mother, “I have a question to ask.” Her mother, Alice, smiled and pulled out a seat for Atsuiko to sit in. “How was…father?”
 
“What do you mean?” Alice asked.
 
“Uncle Hiro, he told me father was a brave one.” Atsuiko faced her mother, “I never really seen Father, and I was wondering what he was like. He was a digimon, right?” She reached up and touched her sensitive ears above her dark hair again.
 
Alice took a sip of her tea, “Yes, Uncle Hiro was right about your father. He was brave.” She looked straight into the eyes of her daughter, “And yes, he was a digimon. But that never mattered. He loved me, and he loved you enough to save the world we live in.” She looked out the kitchen window; “I think it's time I tell you about your birth.” She got up and looked at a picture on the kitchen counter, the same one as the one Atsuiko carried around. “Your birth was nothing short of a miracle. I remember that night so vividly,” Alice looked at her daughter again, tears welling up in her eyes, “they said that you were gone, dead, but a miracle happened.”
 
“Father…” Atsuiko choked out, “was it?” Alice nodded.
 
“No one really knew what happened that night,” Alice continued, “but I knew in my heart that your father got to you that night,” she looked out the window again, “and I always think he's watching over both of us, everyday.”
 
“Mom,” the Dobermon-hybrid asked, “what…kind of digimon was father?”
 
“A Dobermon,” Alice answered as she sat down again, “strong, loyal, and loving. He was originally sent to help the Tamers, and I was there with him….” Atsuiko sat there silently, seemingly lost in thought, “is something the matter dear?”
 
“Oh, no,” Atsuiko got up, “thank you for telling me more about Father. I'm getting a bit tired and sleepy; I think I'll go to sleep now. Good night.” She walked off to her room and closed the door quietly.
 
`Atsuiko,' the blond-haired mother thought, `something's bothering you.' She looked down into her teacup, `She has had depressions lately, could it be because of what she found out about Dobermon?' Alice shook her head slowly, `To have no father,' she continued to think, `only others in his place…' A tear rolled down her eye, `I'm sorry Atsuiko. I know exactly how you feel.'
 
~*~
 
Jenrya ran out of his car into the small business building. “What's the report?” Jenrya asked as his hair flew into his face. A young man with dirty blond hair at a computer turned around, “Disturbances around the city Lee-san.”
 
Jenrya leaned over the desk at a larger computer screen, “how did it happen?” he asked without taking his eyes off the screen.
 
“I believe it is the same incident that happened 17 years ago,” the young man turned to his superior, “when you were a Tamer, and Dad was working at that God-awful place.” The dirty blond teen looked at the screen once again, “They're breaking through again, Lee-san.” The elder Lee grunted and stood straight up.
 
“It's been a while,” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a D-Arc, “hope this thing still works.” He turned to the adolescent in the seat, “Yamaki, you think your dad still knows what to do about Digimon?”
 
The adolescent looked at his superior, “don't know. Mom and Dad really hated those things at one point.” He looked at the screen, “Hold your breath, and hope to the Gods this works…” the two programmers watched the screen closely, and the disturbance slowly died down, “got it. That was close…”
 
“These are getting more stressful every time.” Lee breathed a sigh of relief. He looked over to his worker. “Yes,” the young Yamaki answered, “it almost broke through, but I was able to keep the RW Firewall operational before it was breached. But I do not think it will hold off for long.” Lee rubbed his tired eyes, “how long do we have?”
 
The young man typed rapidly on his keyboard, “25 hours.” Jenrya sighed. “Reiko-kun,” Lee looked at the screen again, “is there anyway to strengthen the Firewall?”
 
“Yes, but the DW Firewall is weakened and I cannot repair that one, only the RW Firewall.” Reiko Yamaki typed quickly, “It won't do much. Gives us an extra three hours if I do that…”
 
“Do it.” Jenrya took a seat, “and call the others. We'll need all the help we can get.”
 
 
A/N: Thought that Kitsu and the others were the only new generation eh? Anyway, he should show up a lot more in the series now. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, till next week: Please R&R, visit my website, and drop me a line/review. I appreciate every word!
 
---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction