Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Weak and Powerless ❯ Here With You ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Warning: This is a story that involves shounen ai relations, rape & child-abuse. If you can't handle any of that, then I advise you hit your back button quickly.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters mentioned, or Digimon in any way, shape or form. If I did, I wouldn't be working to buy a CD player for my car.

Author's Note: All reviews are greatly appreciated. Flames are publicly humiliated on my message board. You have been warned. Onto the story!

*. . . .* - Emphasized speech

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

+ Here With You +

He felt lost as he stood before his house an hour later. He'd left a note for Takuya, in case he woke up before Kouji's return. Somehow, he knew it would be safer just to turn back and run. But, he had to do this. Besides, a voice told him he had to go in there. He gripped the doorknob firmly, turning it hard. Faint light from the kitchen was his only greeting. Then he heard a cry, coming from that very room. His feet quickly carried him to the offending room, where his heart stopped the moment he entered. Kouichi, his beautiful twin, was on his back, his right eye swollen shut, blood spilling from his mouth. Standing over the shorthaired boy was none other than their otouson, shaking with rage.


"Where the *fuck* is your queer brother? Come on pussy-boy! Answer me! Where's your faggot brother?!" he bellowed at the trembling youth. Kouichi whimpered, not daring to say anything, it would only get worse if he did.

"I'm right here, *father*," Kouji spat, his voice cold as ice. Minamoto turned slowly, his face red with evident anger. Kouichi squirmed, unable to stand and run. He pushed himself out of range with his good leg, his right leg dragging along the tile floor. Father and son didn't notice Kouichi's feeble retreat, focusing only on each other. Kouji stood in the doorway, his lean body tense, and his navy eyes full of hate. "I told you to *never* touch him *again*."

The man snorted at the threat. "Oh, you think I'm joking? Come on then, take your best goddamn shot." He launched himself at the boy, his fists clenched. Kouji stood perfectly still, letting his otouson tackle him. He took every punch, every threat, every slap and every insult with a blank face, hardly flinching. His ears were ringing, his eyelids felt like lead. He couldn't even see his otouson's face anymore. Nor did he happen to see his okaasan bring the glass paperweight down upon her husband's skull. However, he did hear the thunk, and felt his otouson's body collapse upon his own. All air remaining in Kouji's lungs left with a soft cry. The battered teen gasped in pain through gritted teeth as he felt small yet strong hands pull his abused body out from under his unconscious otouson.

"Takuya. . .?" he groaned, welcoming the soft embrace of darkness.

- - - - -

The raven-haired teen teetered on the edge of existence, watching himself toss and turn in the narrow bed. Kouichi sat beside his bed in a wheelchair, his face etched with worry for his twin. Kouji saw that his own torso was bandaged, his eyes still swollen shut. His lower lip was split and dried blood ran down his chin. Footsteps reached his spectral ears, and he glanced over his shoulder. `Takuya!' he gasped wordlessly. The brunette's arms were full of lotus flowers arranged as a crown, their heady scent flooding the quiet hospital room. Takuya crossed the room on unsteady legs to place the lotus crown upon his koi's brow. The younger boy fought back tears as he brushed his lips against Kouji's unmarred cheek. With a smile, the spirit closed his transparent eyes, sliding back into his body with a sigh.

Kouji took a deep breath as he fought his way out of the ebony confinement. His eyelids fluttered and he winced. Takuya's heart skipped a beat.

"Kouji?" the brunette asked, his tone oh-so-hopeful.

"Takuya. . ." he rasped, turning his head slowly to face his koi's voice. Kouji lifted a hand, reaching out desperately for Takuya. Kouichi took his twin's other hand into his own as the older Kanbara brother grasped the outstretched hand. The two squeezed the half-blinded boy's hands reassuringly, each lost in their own troubling thoughts.

"Otouson. . .?" he asked, his voice betraying him.

"Dead." The older twin answered. Kouji frowned, but said nothing. A silent tear seeped from one swollen eye, followed shortly by another. Soon, torrents of liquid crystals streamed down the youth's cheeks as he mourned the loss of his only otouson.

- - - - -

Takuya helped his un-seeing lover into the house, forcing him to sit on the nearest couch. Kouji lifted a hand to remove the bandages from his eyes, eager to see his boyfriend's face. It'd been a week since the fight. . .He bit back the tears that stung his eyes at the thought of his dead otouson. Takuya grabbed the raised hand, snapping Kouji back into reality.

"Not yet," he whispered softly. Kouji made a noise in protest, which the brunette silenced with a kiss as he placed a small object into the raven beauty's hand. Closing his hand around the gift, he frowned in mild confusion. `A key?' he wondered, feeling the edges with his fingers. "A key?" he asked aloud.

"Hai. It's for the apartment."

"Nani?"

"Kouji, your okaasan and I discussed it while you were in the hospital. She thought it would be best if you lived with Shinya and me," Takuya explained patiently.

"Here? With you?"

"Hai, here. With me."

A smile graced Kouji's face as he blindly sought out his koi's feather-soft lips. Takuya took his boyfriend's face into his hands, kissing him soundly. When they reluctantly parted both were breathing heavy. With a soft smile, the brunette removed the offending bandages. Beneath the gauze, Kouji's eyes were squeezed shut.

"Open those beautiful blue eyes, hun," Takuya commanded in a gentle voice. The older teen obeyed willingly, yet slowly. The living room was bathed in soft candlelight, all the curtains drawn shut. Takuya's pale skin glowed in the otherworldly light, while the blue-ebony hair of the taller teen gleamed.

"Am I dreaming? Is this all true?" Kouji asked, as a dazed look settled upon his features. The other teen nodded, smiling. He opened his mouth, about to say something else. Takuya tilted his head, "What is it, love?"

"'Kuya. . .I. . .I love you," Kouji whispered, his navy eyes shining with unshed tears of joy. His koi's face lit up with pleasure as the softly spoken words reached his ears.

"Oh Kouji!" Takuya pulled his lover close, crying out of happiness. "I love you too. I was so scared when your okaasan called. . .I thought I'd lost you. . .and then you'd never know how I truly felt. . ."

Kouji's lips curved in a slight smile. "Hush love, it's okay. I'm alright. . .and everything's okay now, because I'm here, with you, in your arms." He kissed the brunette tenderly, trying to calm his nerves. They shivered in unison, pressed hard against the others' lean body. Soon the soft kisses turned heated and passionate. The burgundy couch cushioned Kouji's now bare back while Takuya teased his koi's pale torso with his lips, tongue and teeth. "Oh Takuya. . ." the ex-warrior of light groaned, arching his back. A memory long forgotten surfaced in the minds of the lovers.

//"Oh Agunimon. . ." Lobomon groaned, arching his back. The named's blonde spiked mane tumbled over his shoulders, tickling the bare chest of the wolf `mon. Passion-drugged eyes met for a brief moment before closing as the warrior of fire captured his koi's lips in a dizzying kiss. The heat, the desire, the love - all so undeniable. Slowly, reluctantly, they parted, their breathing ragged. Beautiful glazed eyes met once more, lips curling in loving smiles. No words were spoken - there was no need. Everything they wanted to say was written on their faces.//

The love-struck boys looked at each other in surprise. "Our spirits. . ." Kouji gasped. Takuya nodded slowly, "Yes, them. . .and us." Identical grins graced their lips. They kissed and teased as the candles burned down. Bathed in the afterglow of love, the exhausted teens soon fell asleep, arms draped over the other, holding him close.