Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Weak and Powerless ❯ Painful Truths ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Warning: This is a story that involves yaoi relations, rape & child-abuse. If you can't handle any of that, then I advise you hit your back button quickly.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters mentioned, or Digimon in any way, shape or form. If I did, I wouldn't be asking my parents for Christmas money.

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at fan-fiction so please bear with me. Any comments & reviews would be appreciated. ^_~ Also, this is a bit AU. Obviously so, because it's coming from my head. *winks*


Also, I apologize for the shortness of the chapters. When I'm writing them, they look so much longer on the papers. Lol. This chapter is longer, or so I'd like to think. *grins*

All reviews are greatly appreciated. Flames are publicly humiliated on my message board. You have been warned. Onto the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

+ Painful Truths +

Takuya was sitting on the edge of his bed when Kouji walked in. The brunette patted the bedspread to his right, an obvious request that Kouji readily fulfilled. When he caught Takuya's eye next, his heart nearly broke. The younger boy's face was a mask of evident sorrow and suffering. But nothing could have prepared the raven-haired teen for what his koi would say next.

"Kouji. . .my parents are dead." The addressed boy's face shifted from shock to pity in a heartbeat.

"What? How do you. . .?" he began to ask.


"How do I know? Because I saw it happen right before I blacked out. I. . .I don't expect you to believe me, I know this is all so sudden, but they're dead!" Takuya blurted out, unshed tears causing his eyes to shine.

"Oh `Kuya. . ." Kouji whispered, pulling the brunette into his arms, whispering soothing nonsense into his ear as the boy began to cry in grief and partly in regret. He rubbed Takuya's back slowly, trying to make sense of what his lover had just shared. `But how can this be?' he thought, still shocked.

As if reading his mind, the grief-stricken boy lifted his head. His face was stained with tears and he sniffled softly. "They were in Dublin, wandering the streets. . .They went to a pub for a bite to eat. Happy hour was already in full swing. . .A drunk man began to feel up okaasan and when otouson warned him to stop. . .The man got angry, having been denied what he thought should be his. . .He pulled out a knife and slammed it deep into otouson's chest. . .Okaasan went into shock. . .When the medics arrived. . ." he choked on his words. "Otouson was. . .already. . .dead. Okaasan slipped into a coma. . .she died shortly after. . ." Tears streamed silently down Takuya's cheeks again as a heart-breaking sob shook his lithe body.

Kouji pulled the boy back into a tight embrace, liquid crystals running down his own cheeks. He whispered in the brunette's ear, hoping to ease his pain, "Takuya, I'm so sorry. . .I believe you. . .But gods, I'm so sorry. . ." He planted a soft kiss on the blameless victim's forehead. Rocking his koi gently, knowing nothing of the amount of pain Takuya felt, the cries slowly quieted until the younger boy's breathing evened. `He's worn himself out.' Kouji smiled softly as he laid the still body of his lover back onto the bed. Tucking the brunette in, he placed another kiss upon his temple. "Sleep well, my love. May your dreams be pleasant."

The taller teen stood and exited the bedroom on silent feet. He decided to make a few calls to save Takuya the pain and trouble. Making his way into the kitchen with the cordless, he tugged a paper off the fridge. Glancing at the first number, he dialed swiftly, resting the phone in the crook of his neck. Three rings later, a woman answered. In a I'm-an-important-person tone well-practiced, Kouji said, "Hai, I'm calling in regards of Kanbara Shinya. . ."

- - - - -

When Takuya woke up, his mouth was as dry as the Sahara and his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth in the most unpleasant way. The murmur of voices reached his ears as he stood on shaky legs, walking unsteadily to his bathroom for a drink. One glance in the mirror confirmed his blurry memories of yestereve. His eyes were slightly bloodshot and red-rimmed. But he couldn't quite place the reason. He mulled over this as he filled a glass with cold tap water. Sipping the water slowly, he eyed his reflection. `I was crying. . .but why?' He sat down the now empty glass. `My parents. They're dead.' This realization hit him like a bag of bricks. His stomach rolled, sending Takuya to collapse before the porcelain bowl. He shuddered as his throat filled with bile. After violently emptying his stomach, he rested his head against the cool porcelain. "They're dead. . ." he whispered in a rough voice. "Otouson. . .Okaasan. . ." His stomach heaved again. This time, pure stomach acid defiled his mouth and throat.

Kouji looked up sharply as the sounds of Takuya's sickness reached his ears. Gesturing to the younger Kanbara to stay put, the black-blue haired boy forced himself to walk towards the bathroom instead of running as he so desired. When he came upon his lover, he was hunched over the toilet bowl, spitting his own stomach acid up. Kouji placed a hand of comfort on the shaking boy's back. The ill boy lifted his head, sweat shining on his deathly pale face. "Kouji. . .They're dead." With that said, Takuya buried his face into Kouji's stomach, his tears soaking the raven-haired youth's borrowed tank top.

Shinya stood in the doorway, trembling with suppressed sorrow. Kouji heard the 15-year-old sniffle softly, and turned his head, smiling kindly. Without shame, the youngest boy ran into Kouji's half-embrace, sobbing into Kouji's chest. The older teen stood there, an arm around each brother, holding them close to his lean body, trying to comfort the grieving siblings.

- - - - -

An hour later, the unlikely trio was curled up on the couch, mugs of hot chocolate in their hands as "Pirates of the Caribbean" played on the big screen TV. All of them were in boxers and white tank tops due to the summer heat. Though none of them were paying much attention to the movie, they preferred to have it on to drown out the silence.

After calling Shinya's summer camp, requesting he be sent home immediately; Kouji had called the over-seas operator, asking to be connected to the morgue in Dublin. The man who answered told the teen that the Dublin city council had volunteered to pay for the Kanbaras' bodies to be shipped back to Japan. He also expressed his sympathies, which Kouji accepted in a pained voice. The boy had thanked the Irish man, then hung up, trying to fight back the tears that threatened to fall. After regaining his composure, he had phoned the local morgue, confirming the scheduled arrival of the bodies. Then the church, to begin the funeral arrangements. Shortly after that call to the church, Kouji had collapsed onto the couch, emotionally drained.

The Kanbara brothers fell asleep half way through the movie, which made Kouji smile. He disentangled himself, stopped the movie, and then gathered the empty mugs. Wandering into the kitchen, he sighed as he gazed out the window. Shadows clung to the buildings like desperate lovers, not wanting to be caught in the faint glow of streetlights.

If anyone had told him 2 years ago that he would be planning a funeral for his koi's parents, he would have laughed in their face, asking them what they were playing at. Now, more than anything, he wished this all was just a dream. But the pain in his heart was much too real to belong in a dream. He sighed again, rinsing out the cups with idle hands. Suddenly, he felt so much older than seventeen. . .and it scared him.