Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Weak and Powerless ❯ Can You Stay The Night? ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Warning: This is a story that involves yaoi relations, rape & child-abuse. If you can't handle any of that, then I advise you hit your back button quickly.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters mentioned, or Digimon in any way, shape or form. If I did, I wouldn't be asking my parents for Christmas money.

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at fan-fiction so please bear with me. Any comments & reviews would be appreciated. ^_~ Also, this is a bit AU. Obviously, because it's coming from my head. *winks*

~ . . . . ~ - Kouji's angel voice

+ . . . . + - Kouji's devil voice

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

+ Can You Stay The Night? +

The 10-block ambulance ride seemed to last for miles to Kouji as he sat there, holding his koi's hand. The paramedics hooked the brunette's arm up to an I.V. instantly. His vital signs kept skipping up and down, which scared the raven-haired boy to death. Upon arriving at the hospital, Kouji was stuck in the pastel-hued waiting room. The paramedics rushed Takuya into the emergency room without a word to the taller boy.

The boy paced the waiting room like a ravenous lion, his heart hammering in his chest. `Please be okay…Takuya…' he thought, wringing his hands. An hour dragged pass, and the nurse expected to see a trench in the floor where Kouji was pacing. After that first hour, he asked the nurse every fifteen minutes how Takuya was. She was touched by his concern, after he asked twice. Soon, she got impatient, and began to snap at the boy. He hardly flinched, just demanded to know if the brunette was alright. His cruel imagination kept coming up with devastating reasons for Takuya's illness.

After two full hours of torment, a doctor pushed through the double doors. "Minamoto Kouji?" he called out. Kouji, who had finally settled into a chair, looked up sharply. "Hai?" The aging doctor smiled reassuringly at the boy. "Right this way, Mr. Kanbara would like to see you." He followed the older man obediently, memorizing every hallway and turn, in case he had to return.

~ Don't say that! I'm sure he's fine. ~ the angel on his shoulder admonished.

+ Why? He could be dying. + the devil retorted.

Kouji shook his head, `Shut up, both of you!'

"Here we are. Visiting hours are over in a few minutes, but you can stay with him if you prefer since we can't get a hold of his family." The doctor's voice snapped Kouji out of his inner battle. He smiled kindly at the man, then walked into Room 364, his hands shaking visibly. The door clicked shut behind him, but he couldn't make himself move. Takuya laid in the hospital bed, his skin matching the ivory sheets perfectly. An I.V. stood beside his bed, dripping slowly into the boy's arm. He seemed to be sleeping. `He looks so peaceful. . .' Kouji's legs began to obey his wishes once more and he crossed the room quickly. "Takuya. . ." he whispered, brushing his hand against the brunette's cheek. The youth's eyes fluttered open and a smile graced his features. "Kouji. . ."

- - - - - - - -

As Takuya picked at his dinner, back in his own home, his koi watched him with worried eyes. Ever since Kouji had brought him home, he seemed to have something on the tip of his tongue. But every time he opened his mouth, he shook his head, sighed, and said nothing.

The raven-haired boy stood. "I'm going to call Kouichi and let him know I'm staying the night." Takuya barely acknowledged this statement as Kouji left the room. Picking up the living room cordless, he dialed quickly.

"Hai. Kimura desu," the caller's twin answered in a sleepy voice.

"Kouichi, I've got a bit of a situation here," the long-haired boy stated bluntly.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Hai, I'm fine. Takuya, on the other hand, isn't. He lost consciousness this morning, and I had to take him to the hospital. We're home now, but I can't leave him all alone. I'll be staying here until further notice. Is that alright?"

"Perfectly. Shall I tell otousan and okaasan?"

"Please just tell them I'm at Takuya's for a while."

"Okay Kouji. Take care of your koi and yourself. Call if you need anything."

"I will, thanks. G'night Kouichi."


"Goodnight Kouji."

Kouji smiled faintly as he tapped the off button. Setting the phone down on the end table, he turned on his heel, walking back into the kitchen. Takuya's plate was now half-empty, which was an improvement. The brunette looked up at his koi as the taller boy reached over to retrieve the half-finished meal. A smile tugged at Takuya's lips as Kouji washed the cornflower blue plate at the sink, drying it shortly after with practiced ease. After the dish was back in the cabinet, the shorter boy stood, walking slowly to his bedroom. Kouji followed in silence, his mind racing with possibilities.

~ Maybe he'll finally tell you what's on his mind. ~

+ Yeah right, and maybe Kouichi is straight. Takuya just wants to fuck Kouji in the ass. +

`So what if he does? As long as I'm with him, I don't care!' Kouji snapped silently. The voices shut up quickly, which satisfied the raven-haired boy greatly.