Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ Doctor Who and Start Of It All ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Thinking back to the last few words Barbra said, Ian thought it was weird for Susan to come up with that excuse.
'Thats a lame excuse, don't you think?'said Ian with a thoughtful look on his face. 'Who is he any away? Didn't she or some one say that he was doctor of some sort?' Barbra nodded to his question she to wonder the something. She asked Susan once, but it seemed to upset her. So Barbra didn't pursue her anymore about it. 'Her homework's been a bit erratic- sometimes is brilliant while other times its terrible.'
'I do know what you mean, she's been the same with me.' Ian thought back to a couple of science papers that Susan turned in she got all the easy questions but when the questions seemed to get harder the answers seemed to get weird or wrong like the didn't wont to answer them in the first place

'It irritates me so much, I thought I'd have a talk with her grandfather, and ask him to take more of an interest in Susan's work.'

Ian could see it, Barbra getting so worked up over it. Her stomping over to where Susan and her grandfather, and start telling the old man that he should start taking care of his families responsibilities. Fighting back a grin that was making its way on to his face he asked He couldn't but wonder how it went between the two of them.
'Did you now? What was he like?' 'Well, that's the thing. I don't know. I didn't meet him. I asked the school secretary to look the address up for me! All She handed me was a slip of paper, 79 Totters Lane, so I went looking for it.

By now Ian seemed to lose interest in what Barbra was trying to tell him as he prepared a microscope slid with a mysterious solutions that he found in one of the test tubes when he was rounding them up to clean, with his head bent over he began to look at his new work through the microscope.

Pressing her lips together Barbra couldn't help but snap 'Ian, will you pay attention'
'I am,' said Ian calmly 'You said you went there.And'
'There wasn't anything there but an old junk yard'
'Then you must of went to the wrong address, maybe you read it wrong'
'No, it was the right address'
'May be the secretary wrote it down when she handed it to you?' asked Ian exasperatingly.
'No, she checked it and thats what the record shows. I even went back the next morning to check again. There was a big blank wall. Next to the blank wall on one side, a few houses and shops on the other side, nothing in between. And nothing in the middle but the junkyard, 79 Totters Lane,'

Placing the slides he was looking at Ian turned to Barbra. 'thats a bit of a mystery...? There must be answer. We just have to find it, wont we'
Barbra looked gratefully, 'Thanks for the we.' Taking a look down to her watch she noticed the time. 'I left the poor girl in my class room all this time, I'm letting her borrow this book on the French Revolution'

Ian took at the thick book, that was lad in Barbra's lap.
'Is she going to rewrite it or something? What do we do I doubt it would be any good firing off questions at her.'

Barbra just shook her head. 'No, I though we might drive over to Totters Lane and wait until she gets there and follow her from there. Just to see where she goes'
'You have it all worked out, don't you? said Ian with a hint of admiration in his voice.'All right!'

Barbra looked back up to him with a troubled look on her face. 'I mean if you don't have anything to do'
Ian thought for a moment 'Nope, I have nothing to do, I'm finished with everything at the moment.' 'Let go and have a look at this mysterious girl.'

Ian stood from his chair and waited as Barbra followed. Taking his time together his suit case and to take off his lab coat,Barbra went to work on fixing her dress. From the wrinkles that was formed from her sitting so long in the chair. Once both finished they walked to the door, Ian hung up his coat on a coat rack that was next to it. He as he flipped the lights off and let Barbra pass before, he pulled the door shut and locked it up for the night.