Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ Doctor Who and Start Of It All ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1963
After locking the door of his class room Ian followed slowly behind Barbara. The Hall was quite at that time the last of the kids had left for the local ice cream shop or do what they do when they are out of school.Barbra was quite, thinking of what they would say to Susan's grandfather once they meet him.Turning the corner Ian decided to walk next Barbra as he saw her class room.

Barbara left the class door on her way out so when they where close enough to the room they noticed that it was pretty loud. Susan turned her radio loud enough that Barbra and Ian were able to here what the singer was singing. Once they stepped into the room they notice Susan's was dancing while holding her radio.

clearing his throat loud enough to here over the radio, Susan opened her eyes turning the radio down once she noticed she wasn't the only she stopped dancing.
'Sorry, Miss.Wright, Mr.Chesterton, I didn't here you come in'
'Why am I not surprised,' mumbles Ian underneath his breath Susan's faced seemed to Shine with happiness and interest. 'Aren't they wonderful'
At that time she really looked like your average teenager, Barbara thought. But she wasn't was, she.
'Who's wonderful'
'John Smith and the Common Men. They've gone from number nineteen to number two on the music charts,just in one week'
'You know that John Smith is just his stage name right? Its Aubrey Waites.' said Ian 'Its not fashionable to be in the upper classes these days. He first started out as Chris Waites and the carollers, didn't he?'

Even though Ian wasn't a fan of pop music, he found it to be of help to know what things the students liked and so he could know what they where talking about and not be left in the dark.

Susan looked towards him with a surprise look, a admiring look. 'You are very surprising, Mr.Chesterton. I wouldn't have expected you to know that or anything like that. But I was wrong.'

'I have an enduring mind,' said Ian. 'And I have very sensitive ears,' Ian said dryly while looking and pointing at the radio which was still loud enough, not loud to hear in the hall or not be able to hear them speak.

'Sorry,' Said Susan as she turned the radio off.
'Thanks!'

Susan Spied the bulky book that Barbara was caring.
'Is that the book that you promised me? Barbara handed the book over and watches as Susan placed it in her bag.
'Thank you, I return it tomorrow once I'm finished with it. It look very interesting.
'You don't have to return it so soon, just wait until your done with it'
'I'll be done reading it tomorrow,' said Susan politely an calmly as she picked up her bag and after she placed the radio in it she began to walk towards the door. 'Thank you, goodnight Miss. Wright,Mr.Chesterton.'

Ian thought for a moment as he watched her. There was something strange about her, despite her looking normal to the eye. The way she talked, she was almost pure with her speech, too precise, and the way she observed things, how she was cautious all the time, as almost you where some sort of dangerous alien species of some sort. It gave her an unearthly quality about her.

'Where do you live?' I'm giving Miss. Wright a ride home, there's room for one more. Since we kept you so late, its only fair since its dark outside'
'No thank you anyway. I like the dark, i don't mind walking home in it. It gives a mysterious feeling.' 'be careful, Susan. there will be fog tonight again. I'll see you tomorrow morning' called Barbara as soon as Susan walked out though the door with one last good bye she turned the corner and out site.

Once her footsteps died out Ian quickly took a hold of Barbar's arm. 'Right-car park, quick! We are about to see where she lives and solve this mystery of Susan Foreman!'