Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A little advice ❯ Don't drink and drive. ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A little advice

A little advice.

I don't own knout.

From Trunks' p.o.v.

The time was five to nine, and I was running late if I was to meet Goten at this house party. I darted down the stairs clumsily. I felt smart in my new shirt and with my damp lavender hair clinging to my face, as I speedily ran into the kitchen. Sat at the kitchen table was my mother, concentrating on the article in her magazine, which she tightly gripped in her hand. There they were, in front of my mum on the table were my capsules. I slowed my pace as I drew closer; I leaned forward and snatched them up from the table. I then walked slowly towards the front door, as I reached for my purple leather jacket hanging on the wall beside it. As my other hand reached for the door knob I heard my mother strictly say, "Wait one minute Trunks Brief."

I stopped dead in my tracks. Capsules in one hand with my jacket hanging over my arm, as my other arm was extended towards the door. I was already late, and I knew from the look on her face as I slowly turned that this was going to be less than friendly. She stood up from her chair, placing her magazine on the table as she sternly looked at me.

"Yeah, mom?" I replied slowly and innocently as I stood upright putting on my jacket. As I adjusted my collar, she stepped around the table towards me, coming closer.

"Where are you going with your capsules, dressed up like that?" She spoke loudly with a scowl that sat so smugly upon her face. She drew closer to me, more slowly. I started to tense, my ki began to rise as she demanded to know where I was going.

I was nineteen years old. I wasn't a child. She didn't need to know what I was doing, whom I was with or where I was going. For all she knew I could have been going out somewhere dangerous to get wasted and then ending up having hot, passionate sex all night.

But I didn't care.

"Out." I stated smoothly, I could sense anger approaching in my voice. I placed my arms by my side as she stopped a few steps away from me.

"You're going to a party with Goten again, aren't you?" She then stepped closer to me as she lifted her arms up to adjust my collar again.

"So what if I am?" I questioned her trying not to give a strait answer.

"A little advice." Oh no here we go again. I backed away from her.

"Trunks, please just listen to me…Just do me a favour-" I rolled my eyes as I looked at my watch, 9:02. Shit! I'm late. Goten would be wondering where the hell I was by now.

"Trunks, just listen to me…Please don't drink tonight." I looked at my mother, aqua strait hair, emerald eyes and a frail figure. She knew I loved her. But then I realised by her telling me this she was showing her love for me. In some strange absurd kinda way. She looked at me in the eyes and only then I could see her pain. It was if I saw strait through her and into her soul. She was sad and above all she was worried. I looked again and I looked closer, I saw her expression and I saw the tears that were beginning to well up in her once bright eyes. I surrendered. I stepped closer and gestured for a hug as she used to do when I was young. She came closer and swung her arms around me as I placed my arms around her fragile body. She lent her head on my chest before she looked into my eyes once more.

"I'm sorry, its just that I've had this strange vibe all day and it's got me worried about you, that's all." She said choking the tears back.

"Well don't worry about me, after all I'm son of Vegeta, prince of all saiyans." I said smugly which was only replied with a small chuckle. But then came that sad desperate look of hers again.

"Okay, okay. I won't drink if it makes you feel any better." I said coolly, then placing a soft kiss on her forehead. She warmly smiled, "Promise?"

"Promise. Now let me go `cause I'm already late!" I said giving her one last tight squeeze before I unclenched and started to move towards the front door again.

"Laters, mom." I mumbled before I opened the front door and shut it again behind me I started to walk down the path to the exit of capsule corp., as I started to think.

I wonder if she knows I love her? I thought about this more as I drove on the way to the house party, I was meant to be meeting Goten. I shook the thought out of my head as I said to myself `of course she does'…well how come I never show it?

Maybe I'm getting too much like my father. Of course she knows, I'm her son.

These questions bombarded my mind all the way to the house party, and it looks like its already started. I pop my car back into its capsule as I started to look for Goten. I entered the house cautiously, looking for him. Then I spot him as usual, with a big grin on his face and a black mess on his head, which he calls hair. He's with a girl, no surprises there. Then he spots me leaning against the wall watching him. He excuses himself then starts to walk towards me, all smiles.

The music's loud and it looks as if there's booze by the plentiful.

"Dude! I was waiting for you! You're late." He scowls, it doesn't suit him.

"I know, my mom wanted to say something, that's all." His face lightens at the sound of new gossip, "Like what?" "Nothing of any importance. You know mom stuff."

I say as he looks at me understandingly. Goten's wearing a black silk shirt and matching trousers as he leads me to the table of drinks.

"What'cha want?" He asks plainly, but I'm not listening. My mind is too clouded with worried thoughts of my mom. I'm staring blankly as he starts to wave and click his fingers in front of my face.

"Earth to Trunks, yo! Boxer boy!" I snap out it as I quickly turn to look at him.

"Huh? What?" "What'cha want?" He asks again pointing to the table stashed and stacked full of drinks.

"Um, just anything without alcohol will do." He looks at me a little confused then shrugs it off with an eyebrow lift, then hands me a drink. I take it and he pours something for himself. We retreat to a quiet corner of the house, where we can hear the music clearly. We catch up on things as Goten finishes his third drink, he's almost wasted after four. I'm still on my second glass of juice as two half pissed girls start to approach us with more drinks. The first blue haired girl approached Goten with a drink as he politely accepts the offer and is off in a shot. The second girl starts to come towards me as I shake my head at her referring to the drink she's holding in one hand. She leaves to look for someone else, as I'm left to observe what's left of the party.

I can't see Goten or the girl he was with any more, they must have gone further into the house. The party is near its end as the same girl approaches me again with another alcoholic drink in her hand, as she tries to persuade me otherwise again.

She's a pretty girl with long strait orange hair and deep green eyes, she's a few feet away as she gestures for me to come over and have a drink with her. She comes closer as I shake my head at her again implying `no thanks' with a kind smile. But she's not taking it as an answer. A new song comes on to the hi-fi as she comes much closer, she then stumbles dopey like over something, in front of me. I catch her as she tries to get to her drunken feet again still clutching to the drink she wants me to have so badly. She's still got hold of me as she puts her arm around my neck. I hold her swaying body; she then begins to move more rhythmatically to the music, as the song gets louder with a stronger beat in the background. She pulls my head down towards hers as she then whispers something in my ear. She then looks around as someone calls "Kayleigh!"

She then turns around as she pulls away from me, and then walks towards the person shouting . She responds by waving her hand at them and placing the drink on the table near by. The two of her friends that were calling are now heading out the door as I walk towards her. As she's about to leave she quickly spins around and blows me a kiss and waves. I stand taken aback as her friends shout, "Kayleigh!" at her again. She then runs towards a car with one of her friends and steps in. They all look drunk, including the green eyed Kayleigh as I see them rev up the car. I think nothing of it as they drive off drunk down the street. I start to think whether or not I should by getting home now as I see their car zoom down the street. Kayleigh's other friends also get in another car and drive off and speedily follow the first.

I begin to think that I should tell Goten that I'm about to leave it's already 1:24, so I begin to search for him. I walk through many rooms before I find him passed out on the floor, with Kayleigh's other blue haired friend passed out in his arms. I look at them on the floor and I giggle quietly as the house begins to empty. As I step outside as I see drunk drivers driving off and leaving in a rush. I shrug my head in disapproval. I then feel proud that I didn't drink. I deicide to leave Goten and the girl on the floor to find their own way home. I pop open my capsule to reveal my car, I get in as I drive home to see my mother, to tell her I love her. As I drive away I whisper "Laters G."

I open my eyes…or do I? I can't really tell, everything is so blurry. Everything is so dark, I can see the stars, the sky, why?

I can feel my head on the hard cold road as I move it side to side trying to focus on what I think are figures standing and kneeling beside me.

Four, I think. I can't feel their ki's, I'm too damned weak.

I can feel that my back and stomach are wet, someone's holding my hand…mom?

I lift my other hand up only to see it dripping red fluid…blood!

I'm surrounded in a pool of my own blood as I feel a shooting pain in my legs and my back.

Tears, tears are beating on my chest? But who's are they?

I can see a little more clearly now.

They're my father's.

And mom is kneeling by my side, while father stands hard and cold like a rock above her.

He has one hand on her shoulder and there are tears. Tears? Flowing down his cheek. Well I'll be.

"Trunks?" I can hear someone else's voice as my eyes come more into focus, and I see more plainly. I can see the other two now. Bra and Goku. What are they all doing here?

What's happening to me? What's wrong? What happened?

I try to speak but I find I can barely move my lips.

All I can remember doing was driving home then...then…and then? I can't remember.

I look behind Goku and see my car all smashed up and cut open then I scan further down the road.

I see another beat up car.

I try hard as I can not to cry…the pain, the confusion.

It's all so vague.

I look back to everyone else then slowly back to the other car.

I can see a girl, the pretty girl that tried to give me the drink. Kayleigh, that's her name, she's not so pretty anymore, she's being zipped up in a orange body bag and being carried off.

The pain, it's horrible, it hurts so much. I shut my eyes tight to help but it doesn't I clench my muscles and grit my teeth as I scream in pain.

It hurts.

I look to my mother as if to say make it go away, but she looks on helplessly.

"Trunks, hang in there bud, you'll make it don't you worry." Goku says showing a little support but unbelieving his own words. I can see it in his eyes and my mother's.

"Hey, big bro. Please be okay." I can hear Bra say, she bends down and places a kiss on my cheek as my mom still holds my hand.

I start to clench all my muscles again as the pain rides through me like an earthquake.

Goku leads Bra away as she looks at me in horror.

Mother and father stay with me.

I then faintly hear a policeman say "The kid who was driving, and caused this wreck was drunk," I look back to my mother , then the pain comes back more incomparable than before, my shrieks well up in one large mass of hysteria.

It's killing me then…finally…rest.

But the others are hysteric.

I want to calm them, tell them I'm fine even though I know I'm not.

I can barely breathe, what happened?

My breath is getting shorter, mom, dad, I'm really scared.

"Trunks…answer me Trunks.." "Trunks, Trunks my son, don't leave us.." I can hear anguish in their breaking voices.

I wanna tell them so badly how much I love them.

Don't worry mom, dad I won't leave you I'll always be here, if you remember me.

I'm feeling calmer now than I did before, the pain is starting to leave.

But…why is everything getting so dark?

I can't be…no!

My eyes are heavy, and my head feels as if it's floating.

No! I can't leave them! No! I won't! I need them! They need me!

My breath slows, these are my final moments, feel so bewildered.

My muscles loosen. Mom's crying now, mom you were always so strong and dad you were always so proud, hard and cold like a rock but deep down I'm your son and I know you love me even though you never show it…

My vision is fading now, going.

I can barely see now.

My body relaxes completely, and I'm unable to move my arms or legs.

Mom, dad, Bra…my breathing stops.

Dad, Bra, mom…um… "Laters."

She smiles at me so does dad they both reply in unison, "Yeah, laters.."

I smile weakly.

They know I love them.

My eyes drift shut, and my heart beats for one last thump before I drift off into an eternal sleep…

The end.

I hoped you liked it but like every story this one has a moral; PLEASE don't drink and drive, it's not fair on others. If you agree with the moral please review because I want to hear your views on the matter, please stand up for what you believe in and speak your mind. Review, please.

The inspiration came from an email I was sent;

"I went to a party, mum I went to a party, and remembered what you said.

You told me not to drink, mum, so I had a juice instead.

I felt proud of myself, the way you said I would, that I didn't drink and drive, though some friends said I should.

I made a healthy choice, and your advice to me was right, as the party finally ended, and the kids drove out of sight.

I got into my car, sure to get home in one piece, I never knew what was coming, mum, something I expected least.

Now I'm lying on the pavement, and I hear the policeman say, the kid that caused this wreck was drunk.

Mum, his voice seems so far away.

My blood's all around me, as I try hard not to cry.

I can hear the paramedic say, this boy is going to die.

I'm sure the guy had no idea, while he was flying high, because he chose to drink and drive; now I would have to die.

So why do people do it, mum, knowing that it ruins lives?

And now the pain is cutting me, like a hundred stabbing knives.

Tell sister not to be afraid, mum, tell dad to be brave, and when I go to heaven, put "Mummy's boy" on my grave.

Someone should have taught him, that it's wrong to drink and drive.

Maybe if his parents had, I'd still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, mum, I'm getting really scared.

These are my final moments, and I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me mum, as I lie here and die.

I wish that I could say I love you, mum, so I love you and good-bye.

I hoped it touched you like it did me so remember if you feel strongly please review. Thank-you.