Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Boatworking Skills or Lack Thereof ❯ Welcome to Guinea ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, so bite me if you think this isn't a good enough disclaimer.

Author's Note: I know, this is my first B/V to be posted, but hey, at least I'm putting in a couple of recognizable characters from my other stories. Also, Gloucester is a real place, it is in Virginia, my home state and I know almost everyone here, like I said in the story, it's a small county and there are a few people who everyone knows.



Chapter One: Welcome to Guinea.



Vegeta had lived in Gloucester County all of his life, there wasn't anything about the small county he didn't know and no one who didn't know him. Most of this was because of his popularity and reputation among the locals. He had a few people he called friend and one girl who he claimed as his best friend. She was the one who hooked him up with his last girlfriend and was also the one who was there for him when the girl decided to get out of Gloucester. Right now, however, she was helping him fix his boat, his pride and joy and main source of income.

"Hand me the sander will you Vegeta?" Kathi held out her hand and grasped at thin air before sliding out from beneath the boat and glaring at her dark eyed friend. "Hello, I need the sander or you're never going to get all the barnacles off of the bottom of your boat."

"Shut up Kathi, I'm plugging it in right now." Growling several choice obscenities under his breath, he finished plugging in the sander then handed it to her before returning to the stern of his boat. "Try not to shake the boat too much, I'm painting the name here."

"Whatever." Turning the sander on full power, she started scraping away the layers of dead barnacles, singing at the top of her lungs to the music she heard through her headphones.

Bulma, waking up from her tiring night of unpacking boxes, sighed and ran her fingers through her light blue hair before looking out her open window at the house across the road from hers. There was a boat out in the front yard with one person underneath it, singing horribly off key, and another person behind it blissfully unaware of the horrendous singing coming from beneath the boat. Sighing again, she climbed out of bed and walked to her kitchen, intending to make a pot of coffee and looking over her latest sketches for her most recent invention. Unfortunately, the noise across the street was getting unbearable and she had to ask if the girl would please stop singing.

"Who let the dogs out, woof, woof, woof, woof? Who let the dogs out…"

Pulling on a clean shirt and pair of jeans, she debated putting a pair of earplugs in then decided against it, not sure if she would really need them once she got close to the boat. Taking a deep breath, and wishing she had found her aspirin, she left her house and made her way across the street.