Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Boatworking Skills or Lack Thereof ❯ Public Humiliation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.



Author's notes: How's that for my first cliffhanger? Pretty crappy huh? Don't worry, in this chapter there will be plenty of B/V action for those of you who requested it. But first, a nice surprise to those of you who haven't read my newest story `The Cure'. This is just a reminder on how life is for some people. (only on Fanfiction.net)



Chapter Five: Public humiliation…



"Oh my god!" Vaulting onto the stage, Bulma ran to her short friend's side and put her arm around the other girl's shoulders before blinking when she looked up at her with tears of pain and disbelief shining in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Don't stare…but look off towards Vegeta and my fiancé…tell me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing."

Her curiosity getting the best of her, she looked towards the two men the looked again before tearing her gaze away from them. "Who is she?"

"Cowboy's ex-girlfriend."

"Oh my god…"

"Is his hand really on her hip?"

"Yes…but…"

"Don't worry about it…I'll take care of this on my own." Standing up straight, and flashing everyone a grin, she walked towards the microphone waiting for her and took it in one small hand before talking. "Sorry about that folks, I must have had the wrong combination of food today." Smiling when everyone laughed, she managed not to look towards her fiancé until she neared the end of her thank you speech. "And I'd like to thank Cowboy Hall for not telling me that he was seeing Dawn before he came home from work. He's such a great guy isn't he?"

Eyes widening in shock, Vegeta looked over at the man standing beside him then backed away a few steps when he saw the unbridled fury and, slight hint of, fear in his eyes. Growling softly under his breath, he fought the urge to punch the man he once thought of as a friend then thought better and caught him with a strong right hook.

Sprawling flat on his back, the Cowboy rubbed his jaw angrily then got to his feet and stalked away, his ex-girlfriend's hand clenched tightly in his.

Walking offstage, she barely made it down the steps before bursting into tears and crying as hard as she could. Hearing someone come up beside her, she brushed Bulma's attempt at consoling her away and ran to her truck she had parked near the stage. She had to get away before she made another public scene at humiliating herself.

Watching the younger woman leave, she sighed and rubbed her arm absently before looking up when Vegeta walked to her side. "Did you know about this?"

"Let's just call it a hunch and say that I did see it coming."

"But…"

"I didn't know about it though."

"Do you think she'll be alright?"

"Of course, she's stronger than most people give her credit for."

"Thank god for that."

"Hmm." Looking around disinterestedly, he sighed then turned his dark gaze back to her. "Want to go get a cup of coffee to let her have time by herself?"

"Coffee sounds good." Smiling sadly, she followed him to his own truck and got into the passenger side while he started the engine.



Author's Notes: Sorry there wasn't a lot of B/V action like I promised, I just broke up with my fiancé and he, after only four hours of being broken up, decided to go back to his ex girlfriend and screw around with her. I'm not going to update any of my stories for a week after this so don't be surprised if any of you don't see any new chapters coming out for any stories. I'm nineteen, he was thirty-five…I was stupid and gave up my heart to him. I just learned one of the world's shittiest lessons from this experience and…god help me to be strong but I hope that this lesson sticks with me for the rest of my life. May your lives be wonderful and take care of yourselves, I'll get back to writing as soon as possible for all of you. Peace and wonderful wishes to all of my reviewers. To those of you on Mediaminor.org, this isn't a recent happening so expect my updates to come out pretty quickly, I'm not one for delayed updating. Although it really might be a week before the next chapter comes out.