Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Lost Freedom ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 15

Lost Freedom

Disclaimer: Trust me, If I owned I wouldn't be posting here. And I'd be rich.

~*little Warrior*~: Thanks for the correction! I fixed it all! And Chichi will show up next chapter. I'm sorry about the lacking, but I think its picking up again. I just had to tell more about the times they were in, but why will come later. I'm really sorry about it. If it makes you feel any better, I wish I didn't have to write all that!

DragonUK: Thanks for the support! As for the great writer thing, I practice and a lot of people tell me it's talent. That I don't believe. Any one can become a good writer, it just takes awhile.

jacob: The fighting the slavery comes later. I'm not giving anything away, though! A few might make an appearance, but I'm not positive yet.

And to everyone else: Thank you very much for you wonderful comments and support. It means a lot.
~*~

Well, that's it! Enjoy!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"Hey, Kakarotto! I've been waiting!" David grinned at the Saiya-Jin, waving.

"Right. Sorry I'm late, but I had to talk to Lewis-Sensei and that took a little bit. He wanted to apologize for putting me on the spot like that." Kakarotto explained ot his friend.

"That's all right. Now start teaching!" David laughed.

"First, what do you want to know?" Kakarotto snickered. "I can't tell you everything without knowing what you want to learn about."

"What's the class system? You said that some one was an adult of your class so you had to listen to them…" David trailed off.

"Ah, that. Well, the Saiya-Jin class system is based off ki levels. The higher you ki at birth and at certain points in you life, the higher class you are. There are forth through first, then elite and royal. Royal is by blood, you can't gain that one, fourth is lowest and elite is highest. I was born a third class, but when my power level was re-tested when I was five, I was moved to second. I would have been re-tested at summer festival the next year and Tousan said that I might have made it to first, but we were captured to soon. Fourth is the injured and the old and weak. You can't be born with that status but you may gain it later in life. Elite was kind of like a noble in your history. There was only one instance of someone gaining elite status and that was the legendary super Saiya-Jin. Our prince is supposed to be the next one, but we did get a chance to see if he really would be.

"To gain rank, we'll call it, you have to have a certain ki level. Fourth it has to be below two hundred at the age of over one hundred, or you have to be lame and unable to fight decently. Some of them are scientists and some are shopkeepers and such. It just depends. To have a third class rank, when your born you can be 0-600 degrees, which is the unit to measure ki, an adult must be between 200 and 1,000 degrees. A second class is 600-1,200 degrees at birth and an adult is 1,000-4,000. A first class is 1,200-2,000 at birth and 4,000-8,000. Elite is 2,000 and above at birth and 8,000 and above as an adult.

"When I was born, I had a power level of barely one hundred, but my father trained my very hard and I was at 650 at five. That's a big power jump. You are counted at birth power level until your third re-test at the summer festival when you're ten." Kakarotto said.

"What's the normal human at?" David finally asked. He was taking notes, Kakarotto noticed with some amusement.

"Human? Fourth class. Your lucky to get past ten or twenty. The only reason you captured our planet was because you have ki collars. They drain our ki away until we are under your strength and can't fight back. They also make us extremely tired."

"What's a Super Saiya-Jin? You mention it, but didn't go into details." David looked through his notes.

"The legendary is what we usually call it. A millennia ago, there was a Saiya-Jin warrior who lost full control of himself and changed. He had golden hair and turquoise eyes. The legend says that he lost control of the power an blew himself and the planet he was on up."

"How? You didn't have technology to get to other planets."

"Well, they say he was captured and taken to another planet in our solar system. It was such a cool legend. I hope it's true, but that the Prince doesn't blow up. That's wouldn't be cool."

"All right, than. What did your remark, you know the adult of your class one, mean, then?"

"What? Oh! Right! The remark meant that he, in your society, is considered my equal, well, technically my better, so I have to listen. In Saiya-Jin society, had I of not listened I could have been killed for it. There are two exceptions. First an elder, we HAVE to listen to them, or a scientist. Parents too, but that's not really a law."

"Ah. Okay, than. That makes more sense."

"The only other thing is how to bow. That's very important. To the king, you get on your left knee, out you right hand over your heart and your right hand on the floor. You touch your forehead to you upraised knee and wait to be allowed to rise. To an Elite, you simply kneel in the same position, but don't touch your forehead to your knee. The other classes above you, you simply touch your heart and bow. For a simple greeting, you just touch your fist to your heart."

"Woah! You people have a complicated system!" David groaned. "Stop! Your making my head hurt! Meet tomorrow?"

"Sure. You want to come to my house for supper? Tousan said he wanted to meet you." Kakarotto grinned.

"Hey, sure! That'd rule! And I'm starved!" David nodded enthusiastically.

"Fun! Come on. It's not far this direction." Kakarotto turned and began to walk left, David following close behind.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"Tousan! Kassan! I'm home! And David came too!" Kakarotto shouted, his voice echoing slightly through the hall.

"Shut up, Goku! You'll wake the bloody dead!" Aria shouted from the den. "Wait! Did you say you brought a friend?"

"Yes, Kassan!" He called back. His mother raced into the room. "This is David. David, this is my Kassan." Kakarotto told his mother with a smile. She skidded to a halt on the polished wood floors of the house.

"It's a pleasure, Mrs. Son." David replied, touching his fist to his heart.

"Please, Aria-san. Mrs. Son makes me feel OLD." Aria giggled. "Oh, this is so great! You even know how to greet us!"

"Tousan! Come here!" Kakarotto called ot his father.

"Why? I'm assuming you know your way to the kitchen by now." Bardock yelled.

"And that, m'dear, is Bardock-san." Aria snorted. "Kakarotto brought a friend home! Now get in here!"

"Why didn't you say so?" Bardock yelled. "You know I wanted to meet them!" Mother and son quirked an eyebrow but made no comment. Turlis, who had wandered in at some unknown point turned to David.

"And that is why we don't invite friends home very often." He said. David began to snicker helplessly.

Well, dinner went fairly well, at least compared to the meeting of Kakarotto and Turlis's parents. No one embarrassed any one else too much but Kakarotto nearly rushed David out the door when it was time for him to leave. David wasn't particularly disappointed considering Bardock had scared him rather badly when he started talking about the battles he was in.

All in all, though, the evening was very successful. David would be back eventually and was warned by both twins that their parents were less terrifying the second time. Well, at least today was Tuesday instead of Monday! Shame the thought failed to cheer him much.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

It went like that for over a week. The taunts grew worse and the people grew colder. Except the ones that supported the twins at the beginning. It was very nice to know they still had friends. The band was the most supportive and there was at least one band kid in every class so it made the day much easier for them.

The next Thursday found Kakarotto in detention. He had told Sharpner exactly what to take his head out of in a not so nice way, and the teacher had not been happy. In fact, the teacher had been rather livid that he would DARE tell the AMAZING Sharpner what to do. Especially in the vulgar terms he'd used. Fortunatly, they didn't know any Saiya-Jin or he'd be a lot worse off. The words he'd said after he'd been yelled at were murderous.

"Kakarotto, detentions over." The teacher turned to the boy. "Now go home and don't ever say that again. Even if it is true."

Both cracked a smile as Kakarotto left. Turlis was standing outside, arms crossed. "Finally! I thought you'd died or something! Let's get out of here."

"Sure." Kakarotto agreed enthusiastically, grabbing his backpack. They left the school and turned down as alley to take off.

"Now! Someone yelled. Two shots were fired, faster than anyone could react, the shots hit the unwary Saiya-Jin teens.

::Ki dampers!:: Turlis groaned. The last thing Kakarotto remembered before blacking out was a thick metal and leather ki damping collar being snapped around his neck.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Vegita groaned and pulled Radditz to his feet. They had been unloading lad equipment for the last six hours asn were getting extremely tired. Radditz shouldn't have been out at all due to the blow he took to the head two days before, but slaves don't get sick leave. That left Radditz stumbling about at the moment trying not to collapse and pass out. He didn't think he'd make it.

"Vegita? Why are there two of you? Did you get a twin and not tell me?" Radditz gave a dizzy smile and passed out. Vegita blinked in shock before regaining part of his senses. Saiya-Jins simply passing out was not an everyday occurrence.

::Ano…Bulma? Radditz just passed out on the floor…:: Vegita managed to get though his shock long enough to call his mate.

::Stupid! Bring him to me then. I know you can carry him.:: Bulma replied, rolling her eyes. ::Honestly!::

::Gomen! Sheez!:: Vegita grumbled back, hefting Radditz onto his shoulder and carrying him to her lab. He dumped the older Saiya-Jin on the examining table and sat down to wait for Bulma.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"Get up, slave!" A rough voice yelled. Kakarotto moaned and tried to sit up. The man yelling kicked him hard in the ribs. The Saiya-Jin teen yelped in pain and collapsed back to the ground.

::Turlis? What happened? The last thing I remember is the collar… They've sent us back!:: Kakarotto howled in his mind.

::Stop, brother! It's going to be all right! We'll be free when we turn twenty-one and it'll all be okay. We'll just have to stay together.:: Turlis gripped his hand to comfort his brother as much as himself.

They had been thrown in a small dirty room with ten others, none Saiya-Jin. It was light outside, it appeared from the holes in the roof. Men came to the door of the room to get them. Turlis gripped his brother's hand tighter. All the beings were drug to the arena and the first was grabbed and thrown onto the stage.

It was Turlis turn next. At first they thought they would be going together again, but it was not to be. Roughly the brothers were ripped apart, losing their grip on the others hand. The whip snapped across Kakarotto and he fell roughly into the dirt, his cry echoing through the arena.

He was thrown onto the stage next, the auctioneer showing off his muscles and teeth. The bidding began at one hundred dollars. He was sold for one thousand to a woman in the back. A different owner than his brother.

His short life of freedom was over once again. And this time, he was alone.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) WOW! I don't believe it! It was so fast! Anyway, this is leading up to Chichi's entrance and as far as I know, Ox King will still be his sweet self. So, I hope you like. I'm sorry about the information at the beginning but I wanted to go a little more in-depth on the Saiya-Jin culture and as to why they act as they do.

Review please! I want to his 150 with this chapter or the next! Thanks!

Ja ne!
~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~