Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Thisng I Almost Remember ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 17

Things I Almost Remember

Disclaimer: I own! I own!

Vegita: You wish!

Goku: Thank kami she doesn't own us!

Hey! I happen to have good ideas!

Goku: Yeah, when I'm in pain!

*growls.* whatever… To everyone else, ENJOY!!!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Chichi stood by the fireplace in the small room watching the boy on the bed. His master had called her to care for him. She was one of the few people, besides her father, that would care for slaves. And the boy had needed it. When she'd examined him, she'd notice several cracked ribs, some deep whip lashes, and a bruise that must have been from the handle of the whip.

The look on her face softened from anger to pity. The boy, who must have been about her age of fifteen, had many other scars from past owners. The mark on his slave tattoo also stated that he'd be free at twenty-one. For that, Chichi was glad. She paused what she was doing for a moment to study the teen. His wild hair stuck out in all directions and was black as pitch. He was muscled but not over done. The compact muscles of a warrior race which the other reason she knew the boy was Saiya-Jin. The first was because of how high his ki collar was set. And then, of course was the tail…

She turned away again to get some fresh bandages for the cuts on him, singing softly to herself. When she turned back around, she found that, to her surprise, he was awake. "Hi! I'm Chichi!" She offered him a small smile. "What's your name?"

The only reply she received was the sad, defeated look in his onyx colored eyes. The teen made a soft keening noise in the back of his throat but did not reply. "You could be nice to me, you know!" She scowled, causing him to flinch. "Now, what's your name?"

Once again, the teen made a quite noise in the back of his throat but didn't reply. Chichi groaned. "Your being difficult!" This time the boy bared his teeth and shot her an it-isn't-my-fault look. Solemnly the black haired girl stepped toward him. He winced as she approached but visibly relaxed when she held out a dish of stew for him to take.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Kakarotto watched the angel in fear. ~ What is she doing? ~ He gulped, knowing that if she hit him he couldn't fight back. He took the stew she offered hastily and ate as fast as he could worrying she might take in back. She couldn't seem to figure out he couldn't talk and he was worried. She turned to look at him again when she thought he wasn't paying attention to her. He nearly growled at her pity-filled gaze. He didn't need her pity!

"So, what is your name, huh? You have to have one." She didn't seem to tke the hint. He growled softly, trying to get her to figure it out. He couldn't exactly tell her he couldn't talk!

"Tell me!" She screamed. Kakarotto winced, hunching down. But the fiery little female didn't lash out. Didn't hit him, didn't touch him. He sighed softly, then tried to talk.

"I'm Kakarotto…" Is what he meant to say, but the words came out in a jumbled half-growl. The boy groaned. She gave him a calculating look.

"You can't talk, can you?" She finally asked, eyebrows lowered in a suspicious look. Kakarotto shook his head. She'd finally gotten the hint!

~ Give the woman a prize! ~ He thought sarcastically. ~ does she honestly think I'd go against her orders when she could whip me? I'm not stupid! ~ He turned his sad gaze back to her and sighed. Then he blinked. The world was spinning around him again, faster and faster. The last thing he saw was his angel's face before darkness claimed him as a friend.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Chichi gasped as the slave boy passed out and collapsed, falling limply to the bed. The girl ran to the bedside placing her wrist to his forehead. The boy was burning up with fever! Before she knew what she was doing, she placed cool, wet cloths on his forehead to lower his temperature. The thing was, though, she didn't know why she cared.

It wasn't that he was a slave that made her wonder, but usually she didn't get so worked up over anyone, slave or not. But here she was, working frantically to help a boy whose name she didn't even know. Chichi bit her lip, but continued to work. She could wonder later.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Turlis looked at his brother and sighed. "That's why? Because this is such a bad place? You don't want to see me?"

Radditz nodded. "I'd rather see you dead than here. And I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it." The older warrior blinked back what may have been tears.

Another teen, that didn't look much older than Turlis stepped out. Turlis immediately recognized him to be the prince. He gaped and fell to his knees. "My prince! I thought you were dead!"

"King, now. My father died when we first arrived here." Vegita looked away and sighed. "Which are you, son of Bardock? Turlis or Kakarotto?"

"Turlis, my king. I'm honored you remembered me…" He trailed off then added, "I'm sorry about your father. He was a wonderful king. And a great warrior."

Vegita nodded, blinking rapidly. "How is your Otousama? My old mentor? Alive I hope?"

"Free, my king!" Turlis grinned. "As was I…but I was retaken. I shall be freed at twenty-one, by law!"

"Tousan is free?!" Radditz grinned. "and what of Kassan? Have you heard about her?"

"Kassan is also free! The lady who bought Tousan also bought Kassan before than and they were freed together!" Turlis grinned. "And we can't forget Zarbon as well! He was a little tyke that she bought, but couldn't buy his kassan and so Tousan took him in and well…you get the idea…"

"How old is this kid?" Raddtiz gave an amused grin.

"Six. He's a cute kid, dark green hair, sky blue skin…looks just like his tousan with his kassan's amber eyes." Turlis smiled, thinking of home. "I miss them." He confessed softly.

"There is a man such as that here. He was where I used to be but came in two years ago with a shipment from Zeke's. His name is…um…Rual? No, um…Riul! That's it!" Vegita frowned, thinking.

"Riul is here?!" Turlis grinned. "That's Zarbon's Otousan! Where is he? I've got to talk to him?"

"Riul works up in the house, in the opposite wing as Radditz, where you'll be working." Vegita gestured to the path. "Follow me."

"What do you do, Vegita-sama?" Turlis trotted to keep up.

"I work for the master's daughter, I am, in fact her's. In more ways than one." He smirked.

"You aren't…" He trailed off than whispered, "bonded?"

"I am, though." Vegita gave a nonchalant shrug.

"WHAT?! Hello! She's human!" Turlis yelled in a whisper.

"I'm aware. Now come on." He continued up the narrow path to the house.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"I don't know where they are." Bardock groaned to his mate. "I can't find them ANYWHERE. I just don't know what to do."

"We aren't going to have high priority. We'll just have to look ourselves. Now go to sleep, Bardock." Aria whispered softly, rubbing his back. "You'll think of something. You always do."

~ It's just that this time, I'm fresh out of ideas. ~ Bardock closed his eyes as one lone tear trickled down his cheek in the darkness.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Hour later found Chichi asleep on the bed , her head resting by Kakarotto's motionless body. He was still moaning in his sleep, still burning with fever. Chichi didn't know what to do. The teen seemed so familiar to her…as if she'd seen him in a dream she couldn't quite remember. But she couldn't remember him…didn't know if she wanted to…
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Kakarotto looked about in his room at his home. Bardock and Aria were gone and Turlis was outside. The door swung slowly open and evil laughter filled the teen's ears. Jis father stood in the doorway, holding the ki collar that he now wore about his neck. Turlis was bound in the hallway, crying out.

"I've got a gift for you, brat!" Bardock yelled. "This is for being so ungrateful!" He snapped the collar around his son's neck, aria laughing in the background.

"Tousan, I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! OTOUSAMA!!!!" He shriek. There was an animal-like scream in the background and Kakarotto jerked…falling into another dream…

"Get as much for the boy as you can! I want to be rich!" His old master laughed, ripping Kakarotto from his father and his brother. And kill the other two. They are no use for me!"

Kakarotto opened his mouth to yell "NO!" When he discovered he couldn't talk. He made a soft keening noise as his brother and father were drug from his sight…there were two bangs moments later…Kakarotto screamed.

And his angel appeared. "Now, Kakarotto," she admonished gently. "You shouldn't be thinking like that. Remeber the truth? Your father didn't sell you and they are both alive. Remember?"

"Wait!" He cried out. He could talk! He could talk to his angel!

"Yes, Kakarotto?" she smiled, her ebony colored hair floating about her head like a halo. Her features were pale. "What do you need?" Her kind chocolate colored eyes sparkled.

"What's your name? How do I know you?" He reached for her hand. She slid her's into it and grasped it tightly.

"I'm you're soul mate, Chichi…" She smiled, fading slowly from the dreeam, her voice echoing eerily until it too faded.

Kakarotto snapped awake.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Chichi smiled slightly in her dream. It was the boy she was helping. "Kakarotto…Soul mate…" She whispered softly in her sleep. She could clearly see his inky hair, the same color as a starless and moonless night. His eyes were the same color, holding a certain emptiness that came with the beatings and selling's and the loss of his voice. "Kakarotto…" She too snapped awake.

They looked at each other in the dim light, gasping as the dream came back full force. Chichi gasped. "It's you!" Kakarotto gave a small nod. It was him. Before she could protest, he leaned forward and kissed her gently on the lips.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) I'm soooo evil! Mwahahahahaha!!!!! Anyhow, if I don't get one more review, I'll stop it here! J/K! But the reviews are nice. I hope to get some. And a bit of a shamless advertisement, thought it is needed. I fixed Harry Potter and the Saiya-Jin's Power! There was some weird screw-up with my computer and if it was a section of nonsense when (or if) you read it, that was the messed up version! It is now fixed!

Anyway, thanks for your support, it means a lot to me! Review please! Flames are welcome, I love s'mores, but if I'm in a bad mood, I'll throw them back with more sarcasm than you could ever imagine…though, and I've said it before, if you flame now, you'll simply look daft.

Ja ne!
~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~